Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 08-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
texican

Batson SW1209 Spinning

From this thread http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...-spinning.html I was impulsive and it went from Rizzo's hands to my rafters and has not moved. Willing to let go for $120 pick up in the wareham/canal area.
texican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
1dozenraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by texican View Post
From this thread http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...-spinning.html I was impulsive and it went from Rizzo's hands to my rafters and has not moved. Willing to let go for $120 pick up in the wareham/canal area.
What kind of shape is it in? Any nicks, cracks in the epoxy on the wraps, wear/corrosion on the guides? No idea how much Rizzo used it.... so gotta ask. Distance from butt end to bottom of the reel seat? I asked the original seller this, but I think it was gone to you by the time he got the questions. I'm interested... have one wrapped conv. If it's in excellent shape still and the butt length is good for me, I'll take it for $120 picked up. Thanks.

Last edited by 1dozenraw; 08-29-2010 at 01:20 PM..
1dozenraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
texican

It's in great shape IMO. Superfical scuff marks on the epoxy but nothing that has damages the blank as I recall. I will check the distance of the reel seat and get right back to you.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
texican

Just double checked the condition of the rod. Guides are great no cracking, 24 inches to the middle of the reel seat. And the "scuff markS" should be singular and very very minor with no damage to the blank, looks more like a rub.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
1dozenraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by texican View Post
Just double checked the condition of the rod. Guides are great no cracking, 24 inches to the middle of the reel seat. And the "scuff markS" should be singular and very very minor with no damage to the blank, looks more like a rub.
Sounds good. I'll take it... might as well have a matched set. Thanks. PM coming.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
texican

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dozenraw View Post
Sounds good. I'll take it... might as well have a matched set. Thanks. PM coming.
Sold pending payment.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

he strikes again . kev, you have a warehouse?

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
1dozenraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
he strikes again . kev, you have a warehouse?
You know Don... everyone thinks that. I have a three rod racks which hold a total of twenty rods. I always try and keep the total to 20 or under. But, I started out 6-7 years ago with a Tsunami cheapy 10' and an old beat up 9' Lami that had once been nailed to a porch post and had a wind sock tied to the only remaining guide... the tip. What I've done is buy better and better rods and blanks. I'm about done (hahahah) I think, because most of my rods now are customs, one piece, built on blanks I have learned are the better end of the spectrum. AllStar 1088, 1208, G Loomis 1266, Lami 10 honey, GSB 1201L and M... and a few Rainshadows, 1088 and 1208 and 1209 some SWs and some SUs... couple of early Sabres... oh yes and a 10' JKFisher. Might search for an Arra or two... but that is about it. But, I've always kept it around 20 or less. So compared to many, I'm not at all over stocked. Anyway, this filled a gap. May not use it all that much, but it was wrapped well I'd guess and it was reasonable.

Last edited by 1dozenraw; 08-29-2010 at 06:06 PM..