Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #31
wdmso

has anyone in there life times seen so many people with books all telling the same narrtive of Trump. And news story after news stories exposing similar behaviors form Trump.

yet when presented with this mountain of information The Trump supporter and Trump himself sees it has Fake news or a coup to remove him from office
Yet they believe QAnon is legitimate . Or Trumps a business genius but its looking like the Trump brand is a giant ponzi scheme and many Americans and the government is playing and paying right along
Old 09-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Until you can manage to string together 2-3 lucid posts in a row, I don't take for granted anything that comes out of you keyboard.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

What a trump inspired response.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:25 AM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What a trump inspired response.
Yes, he's my inspiration.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #34
Nebe

“The tax returns also suggest that Trump’s desperation to stay in office is sparked by the 1973 Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel memo saying a sitting president cannot be indicted. Former inspector general of the Department of Justice Michael Bromwich tweeted “Trump knew something we didn't when he started balking at the peaceful transfer of power. If he loses the election, he faces federal and state prosecution for bank fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, and mail fraud, as does his entire family. No OLC memo will spare him.”

Heather Cox Richardson
Old 09-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #35
Nebe

Lock him up....
Old 09-28-2020, 09:02 AM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trumplicans are so quiet about his tax returns you can hear a poll drop.
What's there to say? It's between him and the IRS.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Said a true Trumpet, it also might have a lot to do with criminal activity and I think the majority of tax paying Americans might have an interest as it reflects on his credibility and honesty (hard to even type that as it is foreign to DJT). Follow the money might also might explain his protection of Putin and don’t break out the blue I already know hoe you stand on probably everything. Deny and deflect will be Trumps response to this.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Good try, I think the long con is about over. I can see the allure for Donald Trump of living in a rent free house. But I’m not sure what his landlords think of the arrangement.

We will know soon enough, since it's 35 days till voters get to decide if they want the federal government to look like a Trump business that is struggling for direction under the impulses of an unhinged CEO, deeply in debt, high manager turnover rate, low morale, countless lawsuits over questionable practices, and sinking brand reputation.

You just keep believing and while you are at it you can explain how Trump can repay $1.1B in debt while he's in the exact sectors of the economy that are getting creamed by the pandemic: real estate, travel, leisure. He's getting squeezed on his ability to make $, he's gorged on debt...He has never sold anything in his life even when it was hemorrhaging cash.

How much taxpayer money has Trump been siphoning off to keep afloat? How many secrets has Trump sold to our adversaries? How many secrets will he sell and deals will he make to keep his empire of fraud going? He is a national security danger even after he’s removed from office.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Said a true Trumpet, it also might have a lot to do with criminal activity and I think the majority of tax paying Americans might have an interest as it reflects on his credibility and honesty (hard to even type that as it is foreign to DJT). Follow the money might also might explain his protection of Putin and don’t break out the blue I already know hoe you stand on probably everything. Deny and deflect will be Trumps response to this.
"Might have" is not a notion that persuades me of anything. If the IRS finds errors or fraud in Trump's returns, that would be more persuasive than any "might have." What is not a "might have" is Trump's four years in office. I prefer his presidency to any Clinton or Obama, or thoroughly Progressive administration. I understand you disagree with me. I don't care. And I'm not interested in any "might haves" re Trump's taxes, nor in how much he paid.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Said a true Trumpet, it also might have a lot to do with criminal activity Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
or it might mean that's all he owed because he had a loss to offset his income.

If he cheated, that's one thing. If he paid what the law said he owed, big whoop.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

If the NYT story is "fake news," Trump can prove it by releasing just one page of his 2016 and '17 returns, that critical last page of Form 1040 that includes his signature and total tax paid.

One page, & he could thoroughly humiliate the media. He won't, and we all know why.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:13 AM   #42
wdmso

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
“The tax returns also suggest that Trump’s desperation to stay in office is sparked by the 1973 Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel memo saying a sitting president cannot be indicted. Former inspector general of the Department of Justice Michael Bromwich tweeted “Trump knew something we didn't when he started balking at the peaceful transfer of power. If he loses the election, he faces federal and state prosecution for bank fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, and mail fraud, as does his entire family. No OLC memo will spare him.”

Heather Cox Richardson
Old 09-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

If he cheated, that's one thing. If he paid what the law said he owed, big whoop.
Classic response
Old 09-28-2020, 11:39 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Classic response
wayne, knowing what he paid, doesn’t suggest a crime.

do you understand it’s possible to
follow the law to the letter, and pay no federal income tax?

you can pay $0 and follow the law, you can pay $10 million and be a tax cheat. it’s what you pay, relative to what you owe.

is that going too fast for you? show us he owes more, and i’ll be the first to say he should
go. i don’t like the guy.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:27 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile
Parscale being under investigation by the FEC for $170 mill in money laundering, combined with this Channel 4 news story showing that Trump's campaign has had a database on every American of voting age since 2016 that categorized Black Americans as "Deterrence," explains a lot about Parscale’s meltdown
Old 09-28-2020, 12:56 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
Meanwhile
Parscale being under investigation by the FEC for $170 mill in money laundering, combined with this Channel 4 news story showing that Trump's campaign has had a database on every American of voting age since 2016 that categorized Black Americans as "Deterrence," explains a lot about Parscale’s meltdown
Meanwhile
Since you've been barred from starting threads, you manage to sneak around the ban by inserting your would be thread into other threads. Sort of living off of and milking the life out of the host. You're a sort of thread virus.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #47
RickBomba

$70 grand in haircuts. What a sucker! He should get a free bowl of soup with that haircut.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

What I’ve been saying since Trump came down the escalator is proving to be true.
Tell us again how he’s a great businessman and everyone is picking on him.

Has it occurred to anyone, that once he is out of office, Trump tries to pay off his massive debts by selling US secrets to our foreign adversaries? Has he been doing that already???

Trump tried to stage the G7 and British Open at his resorts. Both schemes blew up in his face, raising the issue of why someone as rich as he claims to be would engage in such blatant profiteering.

Now we know the answer.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:26 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
What I’ve been saying since Trump came down the escalator is proving to be true.
Tell us again how he’s a great businessman and everyone is picking on him.

Has it occurred to anyone, that once he is out of office, Trump tries to pay off his massive debts by selling US secrets to our foreign adversaries? Has he been doing that already???

Trump tried to stage the G7 and British Open at his resorts. Both schemes blew up in his face, raising the issue of why someone as rich as he claims to be would engage in such blatant profiteering.

Now we know the answer.
A whole lot of extreme, outlandish, even hateful stuff occurs to you. So far, a lot, if not most of it, remains in the maybe, purely conjectural, quite possibly doubtful, stage. A lot of it has been debunked.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If the NYT story is "fake news," Trump can prove it by releasing just one page of his 2016 and '17 returns, that critical last page of Form 1040 that includes his signature and total tax paid.

One page, & he could thoroughly humiliate the media. He won't, and we all know why.
Explain why he won’t, he claims he’ll release a “statement” but not a legal document

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, knowing what he paid, doesn’t suggest a crime.

do you understand it’s possible to
follow the law to the letter, and pay no federal income tax?

you can pay $0 and follow the law, you can pay $10 million and be a tax cheat. it’s what you pay, relative to what you owe.

is that going too fast for you? show us he owes more, and i’ll be the first to say he should
go. i don’t like the guy.
excuses after excuses seem you've complained a-lot about those who you say pay no taxes , like the elderly or students who get all their taxes in a refund ,,, but you champion Trump for paying no taxes what happen to draining the swamp ...

These are the reason their is a swamp because its good for rich people to game the system ,bad for regular Americans .

again your lack of ethics and no demand for general fairness speaks volumes about your views

if he didn't do anything illegal I am good with it you say ... but you have no wiliness to have it investigated or demand he provides his tax returns
again using he"s not required by Law .. BS

Trump is the Swamp its about time you accept it
Old 09-28-2020, 02:37 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
Explain why he won’t, he claims he’ll release a “statement” but not a legal document
NYT won't release who illegally shared the alleged Trump tax info. Why should we trust criminals or a news agency which feeds off of these anonymous criminals? Especially since a lot of the info in the history of this news org. proved to be false or misleading (especially in the past 4 years)? And a news agency that is blatantly political? A news agency that downplays or ignores info that contradicts its political narratives? A news agency of which a NY Post columnist recently said

"The mission is obvious: The Times aims to elect left-wing Democrats to virtually every office in the land and transform America culturally, educationally and politically. As such, it operates as the chief cheerleader for the left, and one result is that many of its readers buy it because they agree with its politics. Specifically, they like the Times because they believe the paper hates President Trump as much as it does."

The NYT probably had this illegally disseminated info for a while but strategically held it for an occasion such as just before the first debate. And to add to all its other "bombshells" in time to persuade the newly legitimized early voters to cast their votes before the possible Durham and DOJ bombshells which will probably show the dirty FBI mission to illegally remove Trump.

It doesn't matter that this new "bombshell" doesn't reveal criminal activity. It only matters that it may influence votes against Trump. Especially, again, influence early voters before any more Durham material comes out.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 09-28-2020 at 02:47 PM..
Old 09-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

That’s a whole bunch of conjecture with zero facts
The NYTs reporting matches the documents they received from legal sources to publicly available documents.
And claiming that it’s patently false because a rightwing rag with hardly a sterling reputation says so is status quo for you.
As far as Durham goes, active investigations don’t have reports.
Prosecutors don’t write reports.
Durham isn’t writing a report.
He has to get indictments through grand juries....or plea deals.
It took Durham 10 months to get a plea deal on Clinesmith, after his lawyer asked for the deal. Gift wrapped.
So take a deep breath
Old 09-28-2020, 03:17 PM   #54
falkners

At least the orange jumpsuit they have waiting for him will match his fake spray on tan.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #55
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Big whoop really? So Trump personally is on the hook soon for what many say is closer to over a billion and his businesses are tanking just like everyone else in that sector, he is a national security risk! Foreign governments are watching this reporting and making notes, DJT is now a target and mark. He would be the PERFECT asset for one of our long time enemies.

The threat to our security doesn’t go away if he isn’t elected, in fact it probably grows short term as now he would be willing to sell what he knows to the highest bidder, if you don’t think this is serious your head is either stuck in the sand or up your own arse.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 09-28-2020 at 03:37 PM..
Old 09-28-2020, 04:22 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Big whoop really? So Trump personally is on the hook soon for what many say is closer to over a billion and his businesses are tanking just like everyone else in that sector, he is a national security risk! Foreign governments are watching this reporting and making notes, DJT is now a target and mark. He would be the PERFECT asset for one of our long time enemies.

The threat to our security doesn’t go away if he isn’t elected, in fact it probably grows short term as now he would be willing to sell what he knows to the highest bidder, if you don’t think this is serious your head is either stuck in the sand or up your own arse.
here’s what’s a big whoop. if he took legal tax deductions which got his tax liability down to $150, it’s no big whoop if he paid $150.

you cannot conclude someone cheated based on what they paid. only if what they paid is less than what they owed. if he cheated, kick him out and arrest him. but knowing he paid $150, tells us nothing.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:26 PM   #57
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
here’s what’s a big whoop. if he took legal tax deductions which got his tax liability down to $150, it’s no big whoop if he paid $150.

you cannot conclude someone cheated based on what they paid. only if what they paid is less than what they owed. if he cheated, kick him out and arrest him. but knowing he paid $150, tells us nothing.
You missed the point of Bob’s post you quoted.... The owed liability is the main concern. The $750 is a sign of the overall #^&#^&#^&#^&ed up tax code

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-28-2020, 04:27 PM   #58
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Are you not reading or just ignoring my point, a president with millions if not a billion in personal debt coming due, might (he probably already has) make global political decisions to help himself financially in the future and clearly he would be the absolute perfect target for any foreign government to secure as an asset, that amount of debt is a leverage gold mine.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:37 PM   #59
spence

Quote:
Are you not reading or just ignoring my point, a president with millions if not a billion in personal debt coming due, might (he probably already has) make global political decisions to help himself financially in the future and clearly he would be the absolute perfect target for any foreign government to secure as an asset, that amount of debt is a leverage gold mine.
Dude, he already is, foreign governments don't even have to extort him, it's self service.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:42 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
sure, he might. and biden might get a scam phone call targeting demented seniors, and hand over the US Mint. you want to impeach him for something he might do?