Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-16-2021, 02:58 PM   #181
Pete F.
Canceled

Ahh, apparently all honest people agree.
Interesting theory
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-16-2021, 03:14 PM   #182
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Ahh, apparently all honest people agree.
Interesting theory
All honest people don't agree on everything. But they all agree that as of now, vaccination rates are lower in the black community than in other races. There is no data to suggest otherwise (though you'll be happy to hear that recently, that trend is going away, since you only care about what happened last week). Your side hates to admit that, because even you, crazy and dishonest as you are, know that even you you can't blame black behavior on Trump.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:20 PM   #183
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
again, you are denying truth. I am well aware that the president needs advisers.

He said "I was instructed to..." And again you fail on sarcasm

He needs advisors for big, specific issues, for the military, for the economy, for crime, etc. Why does he need to be instructed (his words) which reporters he's allowed to call on? See Above

You flushed your credibility here by suggesting the vaccination rates are "almost certainly" lower for whites, with absolutely zero data to back it up. go read the article I didn't write it

And as always, when you humiliated yourself, backed yourself into a corner from which there's no escape, you play the "but Trump" card.
your blind to trump's actions but observant with Joes

If you can find a video where Trump said to Jim Acosta "I was instructed not to call on you". I will concede that Trump did it too.

just inject Bleach I bet his staff wish they had a button after that

What honest people suspect here, is that Biden needs to be coddled so that he doesn't go out there and soil himself, or start singing Ethel Merman tunes in response to a question.

No Jim dishonest people who cant find anything else push Conspiracy theories AKA you

"And they have a schedule to maintain?"

Nope. He mentioned who he was instructed to call on "first", which meant it was the beginning of the question-and-answer period.

“Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest concerning the Rigged Presidential Election,” Trump said in a statement. “In addition to everything else, it has proven conclusively that we are a two-tiered system of justice. In the end, however, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!”

But your worried about Biden Right now the danger to America are Republicans who would have ever such a thing would be True
Old 09-16-2021, 04:35 PM   #184
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim’s stuck it happens frequently, better to let the record just keep skipping until he gets stuck on something new.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
“Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest concerning the Rigged Presidential Election,” Trump said in a statement. “In addition to everything else, it has proven conclusively that we are a two-tiered system of justice. In the end, however, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!”

But your worried about Biden Right now the danger to America are Republicans who would have ever such a thing would be True
"And again you fail on sarcasm"

OK. Did Biden say "I was instructed to call first on..."

The video shows he said that. So my question is, why. Why can't the most powerful man in the world, decide for himself who he's going to call on?
Old 09-16-2021, 04:38 PM   #186
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim’s stuck it happens frequently, better to let the record just keep skipping until he gets stuck on something new.
You're lobbing stupid baseless insults it happens frequently.

I'll ask you...

did Biden, or did he not, in a press conference, say "I was instructed to call first on..."

John R put that quote here, no one accused him of being 'lost'.

If Biden said that (and he did), why does he need that level of hand-holding? They don't trust him to decide on his own, which reporter can ask a question?

If it's rigged, and theres a planned reporter asking an agreed-upon question, isn't that worth knowing?
Old 09-16-2021, 04:49 PM   #187
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Soldier on Jim I choose not to participate in circular debates.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:19 PM   #188
Jim in CT

Quote:
Soldier on Jim I choose not to participate in circular debates.
so you chose to participate when participation was limited to lobbing vague, baseless insults. but when i asked you the key question we were discussing, and i asked for an answer to the question, THEN and only then, you choose not to participate. Then you get one pay dig in, calling it a circular debate, when it could not be any more linear.

It’s such an obvious question ( what’s wrong with wanting to know why a sitting president can’t be trusted by whoever his handlers are, to choose which reporter to call on first). waiting for an answer, isn’t circular logic. it’s straight-line linear.

but the topic makes your candidate look like he has dimentia, so suddenly you choose not to participate. my kids did the same thing until they were about 6.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:49 PM   #189
PaulS

Quote:
You're lobbing stupid baseless insults it happens frequently.

I'll ask you...

did Biden, or did he not, in a press conference, say "I was instructed to call first on..."

John R put that quote here, no one accused him of being 'lost'.

If Biden said that (and he did), why does he need that level of hand-holding? They don't trust him to decide on his own, which reporter can ask a question?

If it's rigged, and theres a planned reporter asking an agreed-upon question, isn't that worth knowing?
So what, he was told to call on one person first? Maybe they found that reporter hadn't been called on as much as others but you think because Biden said he was told to call on that report first means people control him or he has dementia? That's ridiculous
Old 09-16-2021, 06:02 PM   #190
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So what, he was told to call on one person first? Maybe they found that reporter hadn't been called on as much as others but you think because Biden said he was told to call on that report first means people control him or he has dementia? That's ridiculous
We all know Jim’s MO, once he is on a mission to prove a point it’s never ending until he himself runs out of steam to prove his point, which sadly lasts weeks.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:17 PM   #191
Jim in CT

Quote:
So what, he was told to call on one person first? Maybe they found that reporter hadn't been called on as much as others
i’m sure that’s what it was, and the fact that it was a democrat friendly outfit had nothing to do with it.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:17 PM   #192
Jim in CT

Quote:
We all know Jim’s MO, once he is on a mission to prove a point it’s never ending until he himself runs out of steam to prove his point, which sadly lasts weeks.
i thought you weren’t taking part in circular debate? Paul
straightened out the circle I guess, a lucky break for you!

“never ending” = asking two (2) people who insulted me, to explain what they meant. One question apiece, to two people, is never ending.

You’re doing great.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #193
PaulS

Quote:
i’m sure that’s what it was, and the fact that it was a democrat friendly outfit had nothing to do with it.
Yeah I guess presidents don't call on biased networks. Think o a n
Old 09-17-2021, 02:37 AM   #194
scottw

Old 09-17-2021, 04:42 AM   #195
scottw

Quote:

oh good...WDMAOC
Old 09-17-2021, 04:45 AM   #196
scottw

Quote:

Think o a n

had to look that up...I bet the leftists here can tell you all about it and the folks on the right side of things have no idea what you were referring to
Old 09-17-2021, 05:36 AM   #197
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yeah I guess presidents don't call on biased networks. Think o a n
i never said they don’t. and as dim as you are, you aren’t this dim.

he said out loud, that hue was calling on someone because they were the first one he was instructed to call on.

Why does he need “instructions”?

Every president is going to be more cordial, and give more time, to outlets friendly to him. But i don’t guess most of them to be told to follow specific instructions.

he has said a few times so far “i’m
not supposed to “ answer this or that.

Who is giving him those instructions?

Biden is the one we elected. In a democracy, that means he’s the one who is supposed to be calling the shots.

I apologize if that concept is going too fast for you.

democrat=good, always, no exceptions

how come you don’t question John R when he brought this up? BevUse you don’t really believe what you’re saying, that’s why. Why else?
Old 09-17-2021, 05:59 AM   #198
Pete F.
Canceled

https://images.app.goo.gl/3KXBJopZbKHPNgX47
Old 09-17-2021, 06:23 AM   #199
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

he said out loud, that hue was calling on someone because they were the first one he was instructed to call on.

Every president is going to be more cordial, and give more time, to outlets friendly to him. But i don’t guess most of them to be told to follow specific instructions.

Biden is the one we elected. In a democracy, that means he’s the one who is supposed to be calling the shots.

how come you don’t question John R when he brought this up? BevUse you don’t really believe what you’re saying, that’s why. Why else?
Jim I’ve heard rumors it’s the leaders of the same organization running that back door pizza child trafficking operation. It’s the same organization that managed tens of thousands of votes for Biden many duplicates, now you have me wondering if that really is Biden, wondering if it’s something like the movie Dave.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:48 AM   #200
Pete F.
Canceled

TFG bragging about passing a cognitive test used to screen dementia while not providing evidence will never not be funny to me
But someone asking Biden to call on someone is a reason to panic?
Old 09-17-2021, 07:01 AM   #201
PaulS

Quote:

Is it any wonder I think you are an angry #^&#^&#^&#^&.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:23 AM   #202
Jim in CT

Quote:
when i ask why it’s ok for one person to inquire about this but a character flaw when i ask the same thing, that makes me an angry #^&#^&#^&#^&, gotcha. pointing out your demonstrable, unprincipled
hypocrisy makes me the bad guy.

makes sense.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:24 AM   #203
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
oh good...WDMAOC
Saying you didn’t vote for him doesn’t suggest you are not with him and agree with him .. and his madness
Old 09-17-2021, 07:31 AM   #204
wdmso

Quote:
"And again you fail on sarcasm"

OK. Did Biden say "I was instructed to call first on..."

The video shows he said that. So my question is, why. Why can't the most powerful man in the world, decide for himself who he's going to call on?
Jim why are you going on and on over .this why are you
taking what he sad literally? To convince your self the button thing is real?

But 4 years of Trumps attacks and lies and just dump comments you and others always explained as hyperbole, While His handlers going on Fox and his press secretary telling Americans what he ment to say even though we heard him very clearly . On topics much bigger than who to call on in a press conference….

Last edited by wdmso; 09-17-2021 at 07:36 AM..
Old 09-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #205
Pete F.
Canceled

The authoritarian personality has a strict superego, which controls a weak ego that is unable to cope with the strong impulses of the id. The resulting intrapsychic conflicts cause personal insecurities, which result in the superego adhering to externally imposed conventional norms (conventionalism), and unquestioning obedience to the authorities who impose and administer the social norms of society (authoritarian submission). The ego-defense mechanism of psychological projection arises when the authoritarian person avoids self-reference to the anxiety-producing impulse(s) of the id, by projecting the impulse(s) onto the "inferior" minority social-groups of the culture (projectivity), which are expressed by way of greatly evaluative and harshly judgemental beliefs (power and toughness) and rigid stereotypy.

The authoritarian person also presents a cynical and disdainful view of humanity, and a need to wield power and be tough, which arise from the anxieties produced by the perceived lapses of people who do not abide by the conventions and social norms of society (destructiveness and cynicism); a general tendency to focus upon people who violate the value system, and to act oppressively against them (authoritarian aggression); anti-intellectualism, a general opposition to the subjective and imaginative tendencies of the mind (anti-intraception); a tendency to believe in mystic determination (superstition); and an exaggerated concern with sexual promiscuity.

In human psychological development, the formation of the authoritarian personality occurs within the first years of a child's life, strongly influenced and shaped by the parents' personalities and the organizational structure of the child's family; thus, parent-child relations that are "hierarchical, authoritarian, [and] exploitative" can result in a child developing an authoritarian personality.[4] Authoritarian-personality characteristics are fostered by parents who have a psychological need for domination, and who harshly threaten their child to compel obedience to conventional behaviors. Moreover, such domineering parents also are preoccupied with social status, a concern they communicate by having the child follow rigid, external rules. In consequence of such domination, the child suffers emotionally from the suppression of his or her feelings of aggression and resentment towards the domineering parents, whom the child reverently idealizes, but does not criticize.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:53 AM   #206
Jim in CT

Quote:
Saying you didn’t vote for him doesn’t suggest you are not with him and agree with him .. and his madness
here’s what liberals sometimes get, and sometimes don’t get, depending on who’s in the white house.

You can vote for a president and support him, without that meaning that you approve of every single thing he does.

When Bill Clinton was president, for 8 years, liberals said we should
ignore his many personal flaws and focus on policies. The reason they said that, is because looking at him that way, makes him look pretty good. I actually agree with that concept, i judge a president by the effects of his public policies. And that’s why I say Clinton was a good president.

But when republicans elect someone severely flawed, NOW we’re supposed to ignore the effects of his policies, and only talk about his personal behavior.

Can we just decide on one set of rules and apply them equally, do we all have to do a 180 every time the party of the sitting president changes?

Both sides do it. Republicans went on and on about growing deficits under Obama, but said nothing when trump spent like crazy.

Democrats said ( it was literally Joe Biden who said it) if a sitting Republican president near election tries to nominate a supreme
court justice, that the senate should block him. They actually called it the “Biden Rule.”. But when a democrat was president, it was horrible when republicans did EXACTLY what Biden said should be done. When a democrat is president, democrats suddenly said it was ok to appoint supreme court justices late in the term. Then when trump was president, the democrats did another full 180 and said a sitting president near election should not be able to nominate a supreme court justice. There’s only one conclusion…democrats believe it’s only ok when democrats do it.

Both sides do this constantly.

On this issue here, you are willfully failing to distinguish between supporting Trumps policies ( which i hate to break it to you, but the Gallup poll clearly shows that people liked), and his personal behavior, which nobody condones, except brain dead zealots like Sean Hannity.

Pick a set of rules, and apply them evenly. is that too much to ask?
Old 09-17-2021, 07:59 AM   #207
scottw

Quote:
glad you are raising the level of discussion and not insulting anyone...that would be awful
Old 09-17-2021, 07:59 AM   #208
scottw

Quote:

ummmmm...ok
Old 09-17-2021, 08:01 AM   #209
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

But someone asking Biden to call on someone is a reason to panic?

ahhhh...have you watched biden at all?
Old 09-17-2021, 08:05 AM   #210
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
glad you are raising the level of discussion and not insulting anyone...that would be awful
hey he hasn’t called anyone a “retard” on this thread yet, let’s give him credit for that.