Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Beer & Beverage

Beer & Beverage Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
Rockfish9

New electric brewer

as I Posted in the brewing 2021 thread, I "upgraded" to an electric all in one brew pot ( Brewzilla 3.1.1) with didgital controller and intralegal recirculating pump..this sytem allows precise temperature control over my mash and boil, it has a removable "malt pipe" that serves to hold the mash and is lifted to drain and sparge, allowing for exact volumes and temperature control, I needed a separate system to hole sparge water so I added an inkbird controller, 1800 watt heater element and pump to my original cooler/mash tun to heat and hold my sparge water...once to temp., it will stay within a degree or two for hours.

I mounted a locking one way pulley to the floor/ceiling joist and added a second pulley to reduce effort required for lifting/draining the malt pipe and spent grains..once lifted the unit has built in "rests" for the malt pipe in the sides of the brew pot.

the controller is programable up to six steps and I can program a 24 hour delay so I can set it up the night before and it can have my mash water to temp. when I go to brew... the electric elements are a little slower to come to temp than my gas fired unit, but I have learned to program the pot to start heating the water for boiling while I sparge..
I Have moved all my recipies to memory stick and view them on a small inexpensive lap top.. I still keep a written journal so I can document my victories and defeats..

I posted some pictures that were upside down, I removed them, I'm going to rotate them and see if they are right side up when I repost.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #2
Rockfish9

lets see what happens..

well, I rotated them in my files AND IT DIDNT HELP..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210708_063119 (2).jpg
Views:	427
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	68192  

Last edited by Rockfish9; 07-12-2021 at 09:11 AM..

Old 07-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #3
wdmso

impressive set up ... how big are your batches ? And how do you reduce the Smell ? I am guessing it would travel tru the House if its in the basement .. My wife would be take that into the garage
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:10 PM   #4
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
impressive set up ... how big are your batches ? And how do you reduce the Smell ? I am guessing it would travel tru the House if its in the basement .. My wife would be take that into the garage
5 gallon batches, I run the fume hood from my spray booth, yes, you can smell it but it's not unpleasant.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Old 11-09-2021, 07:29 AM   #5
rphud
GrandBob

very cool! I keep getting those emails and adds on fb and they are very tempting indeed.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:33 AM   #6
Rockfish9

lets see if I got this right..

control is much tighter, it takes longer to bring the full boil, like any electric burner... but I've yet had 1 come close to boil over.. something I can't claim with my gas fired burner.

The cooler to the right is fitted with a 1800 watt heating element and controlled with an inkbird timer, I use that to heat my sparge water.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210708_063119 (2).jpg
Views:	291
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	68530  

Old 07-03-2023, 06:24 PM   #7
Rockfish9

An update on the electric brewer, absolutely love it, I've upgraded the cover to a keg land /brewzilla steam condenser, the unit uses cold water and a spray nozzle to revove and condense the steam,I fabricated a recycle pump and bucket instead of running constant water, it works like a dream, reducing the steam and brew "odor" to next to nothing, late hop addition are added through the top cap, total boil loss is around one gallon, I am Lso Ble to run a single 1k watt burner and turn off the 500 watt element.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230703_114624.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	493.8 KB
ID:	69846   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230703_114640.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	515.5 KB
ID:	69847