Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-20-2022, 12:20 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I know that you have mentioned this many times but do you have anything from this century?

To show Trumps generosity you need use a story from 1988?

As part of a resolution of the lawsuit announced on November 7th, Trump was ordered to pay $2 million, or $250,000, a piece to eight different charities.

Additionally, as part of the settlement, Trump was required to agree to 19 admissions, acknowledging his personal misuse of funds at the Trump Foundation, and agreed to restrictions on future charitable service and ongoing reporting to the Office of the Attorney General, in the event he creates a new charity. The settlement also included mandatory training requirements for Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump, which the three children have already undergone. Finally, the settlement required the Trump Foundation to shutter its doors last December and dissolve under court supervision.
I like that story (donating his jet to the child), because Trump specifically did what the commercial airlines refused to do. It's an interesting story, I didn't say it happened yesterday. It's also worth noting that the kid was Jewish and Trump still gets called an anti-semite.

WDMSO says there's no good in him. Again, he's such a simpleton, he has to convince himself that Trump is a Sith Lord, he literally isn't capable of processing anything else.

I'm not his accountant. It's my understanding he donated his presidential salary for 4 years, and he's some charitable giving from Wikipedia from 2006 to 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ump_Foundation

Some others...keep in mind, I'm not saying he's a good man. I say he's not a good man. But he's not even close to what your side says he is...there is good, and there is bad...

https://nypost.com/2020/07/30/trump-...nessa-guillen/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=6a8924211a8d

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-l...f-seacor-power

https://fox17.com/news/local/preside...ovid-19-relief

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...acts-kindness/

The lefties here have called people retard, gone after TDF's kids, gone after another guys wife's illness. But you all clutch your pearls and start menstruating when Trump acts like a jerk? Sorry, we're not buying it, you can't have it both ways.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:07 PM   #32
PaulS

All peanuts for a billionaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The lefties here have called people retardPull up thje quote and let's see the context of the use of the word. You've used imbecile frequently. , gone after TDF's kidsDidn't he post a picture in response to Pete and title it "liberal's kids" or something similar and then Pete posted a picture and said TDF's kids. , gone after another guys wife's illnessdidn't see that but you seem never to have a problem when Seadangles went after people's kids here (by mocking their college), mentioning people's wives or constantly calling people POS'. But you all clutch your pearls and start menstruating when Trump acts like a jerk? Yet, your the one here with the most posts, threads and posts all hours of the day and night, seven days a week. Sorry, we're not buying it, you can't have it both ways.
This is one of the reasons I think you are a D ick.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:56 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:

And your using the word retard, thinking it's fine, and getting all bent out of shape about everyone else's language, is why I feel similarly. Stop being a hypocrite, I'll stop calling you a hypocrite.

"All peanuts for a billionaire."

It just came out that Biden and Harris had charitable donations well below the average for their income brackets. But that's OK.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:59 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Pull up thje quote and let's see the context of the use of the word. You've used imbecile frequently"

(1) We went over the quote and the context.

(2) imbecile isn't offensive hate speech. Retard is up there with the worst words in the language. But it doesn't bother you, so you don't want to be told it's offensive.

Paul, I do a LOT of work with Special Olympics. I'd donate big $$ to the charity of your choice, to have you go into a Special Olympics event and use that word.

Lead by example, or stop crying like a girl when others follow suit.

"you seem never to have a problem when Seadangles went after people's kids here"

Wrong. I've told Dangles more than once he went too far. Nice try.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:05 PM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Didn't he post a picture in response to Pete and title it "liberal's kids" or something similar
No.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-20-2022, 02:09 PM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
"Pull up the quote and let's see the context of the use of the word. You've used imbecile frequently"

(1) We went over the quote That is a lie. Pull it up.
and the context.

(2) imbecile isn't offensive hate speech It sure is offensive. . Retard is up there with the worst words in the language. But it doesn't bother you, so you don't want to be told it's offensive.You didn't seem to have a problem with Trump mocked the handicapped reporter. In fact you try to constantly down play by saying he has mocked nonhanicapped people the same way so Trump must not have meant it in offensive way.

Paul, I do a LOT of work with Special Olympics. I'd donate big $$ to the charity of your choice, to have you go into a Special Olympics event and use that word.And I've done work for special olympics also. When they had the world games in New Haven I was in charge of a group of translators.

Lead by example, or stop crying like a girl when others follow suit.How am I crying like a girl. I ask you a simple question - show us some examples of Trump's charity that occurred this century and you blow up like an angry 12 year old.

"you seem never to have a problem when Seadangles went after people's kids here"

Wrong. I've told Dangles more than once he went too far. Nice try.Pull up a few examples bc I can't remember you saying anything to him. In fact, that little clown RMarsh called me one and you didn't say anything.
So I guess that means twice. Should I have said "99% of the time you never had a problem.......

They way you speak to people hear shows me you are an angry D ick.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:25 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
So I guess that means twice. Should I have said "99% of the time you never had a problem.......

They way you speak to people hear shows me you are an angry D ick.
"That is a lie. Pull it up."

You can do it if you want. We talked about it when you said it, then we discussed the context.

"You didn't seem to have a problem with Trump mocked the handicapped reporter."

If he did what you say, it's disgusting. If that's just his immature way of making fun of everyone who disagrees with him (and there's a ton of video evidence to suggest exactly that), then he's an a-hole, but not as bad as making fun of a handicap.

I'm saying it's wrong no matter who does it. You're saying it's wrong when Trump mocked handicapped people, but OK when you do it.

"And I've done work for special olympics also. When they had the world games in New Haven I was in charge of a group of translators."

Then you should know better. Absolutely amazing that you don't, but whatever.

"How am I crying like a girl."

You never stop. You constantly get offended when anyone on the right is obnoxious, but it's OK when all of you do it.

"Pull up a few examples bc I can't remember you saying anything to him. In fact, that little clown RMarsh called me one and you didn't say anything."

Do you own search Paul. If it helps you feel better, I'll say it again. There were times when Dangles went too far and was deeply offensive.

"that little clown RMarsh called me one and you didn't say anything."

I don't know what he called you, and I don't especially care. You'r ethe only one keeping score on insults, but again you have no trouble slinging them yourself. Grow a pair, and take it like a man. Just leave wives, kids, and disabled people out of it. Doesn't seem like a huge ask. But sadly it is.

"They way you speak to people hear shows me you are an angry D ick."

Pointing out that it's wrong to call people a retard, makes me an angry d*ck. You call someone a retard, I call you out on it, and the character flaw is mine, not yours.

Whatever, Paul.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:30 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No.
not how I remember it, either. thank you.

Paul, what are you afraid would happen if you told the truth?
Old 04-20-2022, 02:34 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
And I've done work for special olympics also
Here is the Special Olympics saying that word is "hate speech". Are they wrong, Paul? Are you correct and they're wrong?

You can't both be right. Who do you suppose, knows more about what's hurtful to that community? You, or the Special Olympics?

Have fun with that.

https://www.specialolympics.org/stor...-is-the-r-slur
Old 04-20-2022, 02:52 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
"That is a lie. Pull it up."

You can do it if you want. We talked about it when you said it, then we discussed the context. That is a lie, you never said a word in the whole thread about it.

"You didn't seem to have a problem with Trump mocked the handicapped reporter."

If he did what you say, it's disgusting. If that's just his immature way of making fun of everyone who disagrees with him (and there's a ton of video evidence to suggest exactly that), then he's an a-hole, but not as bad as making fun of a handicap.But that is exactly what he did.

I'm saying it's wrong no matter who does it. You're saying it's wrong when Trump mocked handicapped people, but OK when you do it.it is about context

"And I've done work for special olympics also. When they had the world games in New Haven I was in charge of a group of translators."

Then you should know better. Absolutely amazing that you don't, but whatever.Try calling someone there an imbecile and see what happens.

"How am I crying like a girl."

You never stop. You constantly get offended when anyone on the right is obnoxious, but it's OK when all of you do it. How did I get offended? I asked you to provide a more up to date example than 1988. Why should I take your classless, angry insults?

"Pull up a few examples bc I can't remember you saying anything to him. In fact, that little clown RMarsh called me one and you didn't say anything."

Do you own search Paul. If it helps you feel better, I'll say it again. There were times when Dangles went too far and was deeply offensive.

"that little clown RMarsh called me one and you didn't say anything."

I don't know what he called you, and I don't especially care. You'r ethe only one keeping score on insults, but again you have no trouble slinging them yourself. Grow a pair, and take it like a man. Just leave wives, kids, and disabled people out of it. Doesn't seem like a huge ask. But sadly it is.So you want me to take people's insults? That is funny. Show me how I insulted people's wives, kids or disable people?

"They way you speak to people hear shows me you are an angry D ick."I asked you a simple question and you resort to insults. Go look back and tell me you don't respond like a #^&#^&#^&#^&

Pointing out that it's wrong to call people a retard, makes me an angry d*ck. You call someone a retardPull up the quote and lets see how I used it. , I call you out on it, and the character flaw is mine, not yours.

Whatever, Paul.
Whatever you angry dic k.

Last edited by PaulS; 04-20-2022 at 02:57 PM..
Old 04-20-2022, 02:53 PM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Here is the Special Olympics saying that word is "hate speech". Are they wrong, Paul? Are you correct and they're wrong?

You can't both be right. Who do you suppose, knows more about what's hurtful to that community? You, or the Special Olympics?

Have fun with that.

https://www.specialolympics.org/stor...-is-the-r-slur
So next time you're at a special olympic event use the work imbecile.

Have fun with that you angry dic k.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:55 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
not how I remember it, either. thank you.

Paul, what are you afraid would happen if you told the truth?
How did I lie (is this like how you said AOC "mispoke in reference to Jan 6 but when I asked to point it you could never do that and kept attempting to give other examples)? bc that is how I remember it. Maybe Pete can provide a link.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:02 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
So next time you're at a special olympic event use the work imbecile.

Have fun with that you angry dic k.
Tell you what. When you can post a link from a group as noble and respected as the Special Olympics saying that "imbecile" is hate speech, I'll apologize and never use the word again.

I'll happily be on the same side of this issue as Special Olympics. You can be on the other side, you and Archie Bunker.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:02 PM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
And your using the word retard, thinking it's fine, and getting all bent out of shape about everyone else's language, is why I feel similarly. Stop being a hypocrite, I'll stop calling you a hypocrite.

"All peanuts for a billionaire."

It just came out that Biden and Harris had charitable donations well below the average for their income brackets. But that's OK.
Don't know about their donations but no one here is holding their donations up as paragon of virtue like you did - and have done numerous times with Trump. I don't think either has had to pay fines and close charities bc they were self dealing like Trump did.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:04 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
How did I lie (is this like how you said AOC "mispoke in reference to Jan 6 but when I asked to point it you could never do that and kept attempting to give other examples)? bc that is how I remember it. Maybe Pete can provide a link.
Please. You tried to put a sinister spin on what TDF did, because you cannot bring yourself to criticize what Pete did.

Everything is OK when you guys do it. Everything. we get it.

I made it extremely clear how AOC lied about her experience on January 6. Crystal clear. But again, she's a democrats so she can't be wrong.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:05 PM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
Tell you what. When you can post a link from a group as noble and respected as the Special Olympics saying that "imbecile" is hate speech, I'll apologize and never use the word again.

I'll happily be on the same side of this issue as Special Olympics. You can be on the other side, you and Archie Bunker.
Try using the word then.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:06 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don't know about their donations
So you know every single unethical thing that every republican has ever done, you've got it all right at your fingertips. But you have no knowledge of the recent revelation that Biden and Harris are fairly stingy.

Isn't that convenient for you?
Old 04-20-2022, 03:06 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Try using the word then.
OK. You are an imbecile.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:08 PM   #49
PaulS

Quote:
Please. You tried to put a sinister spin on what TDF did, because you cannot bring yourself to criticize what Pete did.I put no spin on anything. You're the one who repeatedly brings it up. A few months back Pete pulled it up and that is how I remember it. Why should I criticize Pete? He doesn't insult me so why would I insult him back? You should try not insulting people and she what happens.

Everything is OK when you guys do it. Everything. we get it.

I made it extremely clear how AOC lied about her experience on January 6. Crystal clear. But again, she's a democrats so she can't be wrong.
I must have missed it so pls. tell me how she lied Re: Ronnies quote.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:09 PM   #50
PaulS

Quote:
OK. You are an imbecile.
See as I said - you are a D ick.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:11 PM   #51
PaulS

Quote:
So you know every single unethical thing that every republican has ever doneDid you take your pills today? Have I ever said that? I do know that Trump is not and has never been generous. , you've got it all right at your fingertips. But you have no knowledge of the recent revelation that Biden and Harris are fairly stingy.I don't know if they are stingy or not.

Isn't that convenient for you?
Go take your medication.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:41 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
See as I said - you are a D ick.
For the last time (this is a waste for both of us), I'm defending Special Olympians here, you are using what they consider to be hate speech ..

It's beyond me why anyone would do that, and then so adamantly deny they're doing anything wrong, but you have that right.

If saying it's wrong to use hate speech against those people makes me a d*ck, then that's what I am.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:49 PM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
For the last time (this is a waste for both of us), I'm defending Special Olympians here, you are using what they consider to be hate speech .. So how am I using it?

It's beyond me why anyone would do that, and then so adamantly deny they're doing anything wrong, but you have that right.

If saying it's wrong to use hate speech against those people makes me a d*ck, then that's what I am.
You're a liar. How am I "using" it?

I said it once mocking the repubs. who had no problem with Trump making fun of a handicapped person and you have been saying I use it for what 2 years now. Shows what an angry #^&#^&#^&#^& you are.

Time to give yourself another time out.
Old 04-20-2022, 04:37 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're a liar. How am I "using" it?

I said it once mocking the repubs. who had no problem with Trump making fun of a handicapped person and you have been saying I use it for what 2 years now. Shows what an angry #^&#^&#^&#^& you are.

Time to give yourself another time out.
good lord paul, you used it to mock someone if i remember correctly, and refuse to admit wrongdoing.

for the tenth time with trump, there’s video evidence of him using the same physical gestures to mock several others ( not disabled) who criticized him. in other words, there’s lots of evidence to show this is a normal reaction for him. not normal for a regular adult, but normal for him. this has been discussed many many times.

so unless you can read his mind, you have no way of knowing if he knew the reporter was disabled and was mocking that. if he was, it’s disgusting.

there’s plenty of irrefutable evidence of trump being a jerk. we dont need to make stuff up.

i don’t routinely defend his lack of morals. in this case, there’s lots of evidence your accusation is wrong.

why are you ignoring that?

time to change tampons.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:20 PM   #55
PaulS

Quote:
good lord paul, you used it to mock someone if i remember correctly, and refuse to admit wrongdoing.
Yes, I used it to mock you Trumplicans who dismissed everything vile he did including the reporter.
for the tenth time with trump, there’s video evidence of him using the same physical gestures to mock several others ( not disabled) who criticized him. in other words, there’s lots of evidence to show this is a normal reaction for him. not normal for a regular adult, but normal for him. this has been discussed many many times. So what is the jesture supposed to mean? It is demeaning .

so unless you can read his mind, you have no way of knowing if he knew the reporter was disabled and was mocking that. if he was, it’s disgusting. He knew who the reporter was and I believe the reporter actually interviewed him earlier.

there’s plenty of irrefutable evidence of trump being a jerk. we dont need to make stuff up.

i don’t routinely defend his lack of morals. in this case, there’s lots of evidence your accusation is wrong.

why are you ignoring that?Bc he knew who the guy was and mocked him and the holier than though evangelicals had no problems with his lack of morals.

time to change tampons. See this is why I think you are a D ick. You post something about Trump, I point out it is 33 years old and you have a hissy fit. So who is on their period?
NM
Old 04-20-2022, 06:42 PM   #56
spence

Get a room
Old 04-20-2022, 06:49 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

So far, the Republican Party has banned abortion, books, history lessons, and Disney, because they really, really, really hate cancel culture.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:40 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
NM
the gesture might not mean he was poking fun at the guys condition, as he aimed that identical gesture at several people over the years who didn’t have that disability. the video is there paul. just watch it and you can decide what it means. regardless, it’s a stupid gesture meant to belittle
people who dared to criticize him. fair to call him out for that. But there’s a great chance that he had no idea this guy had any physical
challenges, therefore a great chance he wasn’t poking fun at his disability.

there are a large list of names you can call trump apologists. why not pick something that’s not deeply offensive to these families who haven’t done anything to you?

you’re acting like, well, like trump.

if you want to make fun of those who think trump is a saint, heck i don’t blame you. i do it all the time.

but there are a hundred insulting words you could have used, that special olympics doesn’t consider hate speech to that community.

seems like you went way out of your way to insist on that one specific word, then you stubbornly refuse to concede that there’s anything wrong with it.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:59 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So far, the Republican Party has banned abortion,

Not yet. Probably not ever. Abortion is still available.

banned books,

No. Books are not banned. Plenty of books are available and are being published.

banned history lessons,

No. Republicans are very pro teaching history.

and banned Disney,

No. Disney is free to do what it does.

because they really, really, really hate cancel culture.
You want to ban "conservativism" because you really, really, really hate it. But you do love using the expansion of the particular into the general propaganda trick.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:46 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You want to ban "conservativism" because you really, really, really hate it. But you do love using the expansion of the particular into the general propaganda trick.
banning pornography = banning books, right out of Orwell.

but liberals banning To Kill A Mockingbird is ok.