Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-25-2022, 04:03 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

In a HUGE loss for Republican Senators Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, and Josh Hawley, officials from the American Bar Association testify at Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s hearing that ALL of their accusations against her are false.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-26-2022, 10:36 AM   #32
wdmso

American Bar Association rates Amy Coney Barrett as ‘well qualified’

the American Bar Association rates Ketanji Brown Jackson“Well Qualified,”

I guess this happens when people only look thru the lens of the Law

yet Thomas He received a unanimous qualified rating from the American Bar Association.
Old 03-27-2022, 12:04 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So is it ALWAYS racist to criticize black people?

Everything, everything is racist.

Can't wait until November...no Trump on the ballot, just a straight-up referendum on the last 2 years of liberal control. .
https://twitter.com/deonteleologist/...6MmN_QbQd5Z7ZA

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-27-2022, 01:13 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
https://twitter.com/deonteleologist/...6MmN_QbQd5Z7ZA
some guy i never heard of, thinks it was racist. big, big whoop.
Old 03-27-2022, 02:41 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
More importantly, YOU don’t think it was a racist comment?
Old 03-27-2022, 03:08 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
More importantly, YOU don’t think it was a racist comment?
beats me., i don’t know the guy.
i think it's very easy to hate things like affirmative action. quotas, and CRT, without being a racist.

spence, is it racist when harvard decides there are too many asians there, and they raise acceptance standards for them?
Old 03-27-2022, 07:53 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

If it’s very easy to hate affirmative action, what is the group that reaped the largest benefit from it?
Old 03-27-2022, 08:15 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
If it’s very easy to hate affirmative action, what is the group that reaped the largest benefit from it?
i don’t think it’s simple.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...action/263122/
Old 03-28-2022, 07:56 AM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
That seems to be a theme for you .. you claim you don’t know the person or the topic..

And then walk away

Yet you claim Jackson can’t define what a woman even after saying she’s a woman her moms a women and Sen Blackburn’s a women , and because she didn’t take the Transgender bait. It upsets you.

Yet you lack the ability to say you think his comments was Or wasn’t racist ..

Odd
Old 03-28-2022, 08:03 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
That seems to be a theme for you .. you claim you don’t know the person or the topic..

And then walk away

Yet you claim Jackson can’t define what a woman even after saying she’s a woman her moms a women and Sen Blackburn’s a women , and because she didn’t take the Transgender bait. It upsets you.

Odd
i’m sorry, i don’t know that this person has any credibility. if i post someone saying it’s not racist, would that convince you? just because someone says something in the internet, doesn’t make it so.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:04 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

And then walk away

Odd
it’s not “my claim” that she can’t define what a woman is. those were her words. you think i made it up? if so, yiu need to brush up on the issue.

“my claim”, as opposed to exactly what she said. unbelievable, the denial.

and i said i don’t see it as racist.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:12 PM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

“….but since I’m an originalist, I can’t possibly vote for a nominee that is only 3/5 of a Justice.”
Old 03-30-2022, 07:37 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
“….but since I’m an originalist, I can’t possibly vote for a nominee that is only 3/5 of a Justice.”

which party advocated for slavery? hint, it was the same party that advocated for segregation.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:01 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

The hardest part about renouncing the Republican Party was turning my back on the orgies and cocaine
Old 03-31-2022, 07:26 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
The hardest part about renouncing the Republican Party was turning my back on the orgies and cocaine
because as we all know, there’s zero casual sex and drugs on the left. Zip.

do you ever read your rantings?
Old 03-31-2022, 08:34 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
because as we all know, there’s zero casual sex and drugs on the left. Zip.

do you ever read your rantings?
In the Republican Party, you can openly support armed revolt against the government--just don't embarrass anyone with comments about orgies/drugs.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-31-2022, 08:44 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
In the Republican Party, you can openly support armed revolt against the government--just don't embarrass anyone with comments about orgies/drugs.
it was an armed revolt now? keeps getting more and more sinister. did they have nukes?

A lot of the republicans i like (not all but a lot) spoke out very loudly against january 6. i dint think america wants to hear that all republicans were behind an armed coup. but that’s probably a better line for the left than talking about crime, immigration, inflation, etc…

when some congressional democrats in 2016 tried to take the win from trump, i’m guessing you weren’t outraged.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-31-2022 at 09:25 AM..
Old 03-31-2022, 10:36 AM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it was an armed revolt now? keeps getting more and more sinister. did they have nukes?

A lot of the republicans i like (not all but a lot) spoke out very loudly against january 6. i dint think america wants to hear that all republicans were behind an armed coup. but that’s probably a better line for the left than talking about crime, immigration, inflation, etc…

when some congressional democrats in 2016 tried to take the win from trump, i’m guessing you weren’t outraged.
No nukes, but a few pipe bombs.

I don't know that anyone, other than people playing the victim card, thinks that all republicans are behind an armed coup, but as is gradually coming to light the people in and associated with the former administration were engaged in a coup and actively sought the assistance of violent participants.

Madison Cawthorn on Jan. 6 admitted he was armed and had carried 'multiple weapons' in his wheelchair

At least three people arrested in connection with the Capitol riot are facing gun charges, though the government has not alleged that those three were part of the actual breach of the building. Other defendants are suspected of possessing guns during the riot but, like the vast majority of the estimated 800 rioters, were not searched that day.

Federal prosecutors say that Christopher Michael Alberts of Maryland was arrested on Capitol grounds on the evening of Jan. 6 while carrying a Taurus G2c 9 mm handgun with one round in the chamber and a full 12-round magazine. He also allegedly had an extra magazine in his pocket and was carrying a gas mask, pocket knife and first-aid kit.

Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Alabama was also arrested that evening after law enforcement found two firearms on his person, as well as what a federal judge referred to as a "small armory" in his truck, which was parked near the Capitol. According to the court, the government found "a loaded handgun," "a loaded rifle," "a loaded shotgun," "a crossbow with bolts," "several machetes," "a stun gun" and "11 mason jars containing a flammable liquid, with a hole punched in the top of each jar." According to the government, surveillance footage showed him "in attendance at the events at the Capitol," though he has not been charged with breaching the building.

Cleveland Grover Meredith of North Carolina planned to arrive in D.C. for the Trump rallies on Jan. 6, according to federal prosecutors, but he was delayed because of car trouble. He was arrested the following day for allegedly assaulting a man in Washington, D.C., in a traffic-related incident and for making death threats against the D.C. mayor and Pelosi.

During a search, law enforcement said they found in his possession "a Glock 19, nine millimeter pistol, a Tavor X95 assault rifle and approximately hundreds of rounds of ammunition." Citing text messages sent by Meredith, a federal prosecutor argued in court that he "relished in the carnage of January 6th."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-31-2022, 11:22 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
No nukes, but a few pipe bombs.

I don't know that anyone, other than people playing the victim card, thinks that all republicans are behind an armed coup, but as is gradually coming to light the people in and associated with the former administration were engaged in a coup and actively sought the assistance of violent participants.

Madison Cawthorn on Jan. 6 admitted he was armed and had carried 'multiple weapons' in his wheelchair

At least three people arrested in connection with the Capitol riot are facing gun charges, though the government has not alleged that those three were part of the actual breach of the building. Other defendants are suspected of possessing guns during the riot but, like the vast majority of the estimated 800 rioters, were not searched that day.

Federal prosecutors say that Christopher Michael Alberts of Maryland was arrested on Capitol grounds on the evening of Jan. 6 while carrying a Taurus G2c 9 mm handgun with one round in the chamber and a full 12-round magazine. He also allegedly had an extra magazine in his pocket and was carrying a gas mask, pocket knife and first-aid kit.

Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Alabama was also arrested that evening after law enforcement found two firearms on his person, as well as what a federal judge referred to as a "small armory" in his truck, which was parked near the Capitol. According to the court, the government found "a loaded handgun," "a loaded rifle," "a loaded shotgun," "a crossbow with bolts," "several machetes," "a stun gun" and "11 mason jars containing a flammable liquid, with a hole punched in the top of each jar." According to the government, surveillance footage showed him "in attendance at the events at the Capitol," though he has not been charged with breaching the building.

Cleveland Grover Meredith of North Carolina planned to arrive in D.C. for the Trump rallies on Jan. 6, according to federal prosecutors, but he was delayed because of car trouble. He was arrested the following day for allegedly assaulting a man in Washington, D.C., in a traffic-related incident and for making death threats against the D.C. mayor and Pelosi.

During a search, law enforcement said they found in his possession "a Glock 19, nine millimeter pistol, a Tavor X95 assault rifle and approximately hundreds of rounds of ammunition." Citing text messages sent by Meredith, a federal prosecutor argued in court that he "relished in the carnage of January 6th."
And what's your proof that those who were armed, were part of an organized plot to overturn the election? As opposed to being armed while also just being a trespasser? You're clearly assuming that those who had guns, were also involved in the conspiracy. Are you making that assumption because there's evidence to support it? Or are you making that assumption because it helps democrats?

There's zero evidence that most people there were involved in the same conspiracy. Z-E-R-O.

Let's be clear, I hope that one of the 85 investigations into Trump turns up enough that he cannot run again. Because I really don't want him to run again.

But a Harvard poll has Trump beating Pudding Brain by 7. Last I checked, Harvard isn't a right-wing institution. Fascinating.

Its fascinating. America liked Obama, but didn't like his agenda, to the point that when Obama left, Democrats held fewer elected offices that at any time since the end of the Civil War. That's fact. Funny how the left never, ever talks bout that. But that's what happened.

America hated Trump, but liked his agenda, that resulted in his getting creamed in a landslide.

I'm not sure what America thinks of Biden personally, but polls suggest they can't stand his performance.

America can't seem to decide the balance it wants in its POTUS, between personal integrity and the ability to improve life for Americans.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:37 AM   #50
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

You must have missed that pic of that armed terrorist running through the Capitol wielding an Assault Podium.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-31-2022, 11:40 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You must have missed that pic of that armed terrorist running through the Capitol wielding an Assault Podium.
the Chewbacca guy had those horns on his hat, don’t forget that.

chicken is slated to go up 70% year over year, and all
he wants to talk about us january 6.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:25 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And what's your proof that those who were armed, were part of an organized plot to overturn the election? As opposed to being armed while also just being a trespasser? You're clearly assuming that those who had guns, were also involved in the conspiracy. Are you making that assumption because there's evidence to support it? Or are you making that assumption because it helps democrats?

There's zero evidence that most people there were involved in the same conspiracy. Z-E-R-O.

We are 14 months into the largest investigation in DOJ history in which there currently are more than 800 people charged and with a lot more than trespassing.
You are making assumptions that are being disproven daily.
At least eleven people have been charged with seditious conspiracy and to date one has plead guilty, far more than zero.
It is just getting started.
Don't forget that Watergate took three years before it was complete and 41 people were criminally convicted. That was for a break-in that initially involved 5 people, not an entire administration.

Let's be clear, I hope that one of the 85 investigations into Trump turns up enough that he cannot run again. Because I really don't want him to run again.

But a Harvard poll has Trump beating Pudding Brain by 7. Last I checked, Harvard isn't a right-wing institution. Fascinating.

Its fascinating. America liked Obama, but didn't like his agenda, to the point that when Obama left, Democrats held fewer elected offices that at any time since the end of the Civil War. That's fact. Funny how the left never, ever talks bout that. But that's what happened.

America hated Trump, but liked his agenda, that resulted in his getting creamed in a landslide.

I'm not sure what America thinks of Biden personally, but polls suggest they can't stand his performance.

America can't seem to decide the balance it wants in its POTUS, between personal integrity and the ability to improve life for Americans.
You keep harping about Bidens poll results, but a short while ago you claimed that polls were baloney, Biden would never beat Trump from his basement, etc.
I can imagine exactly what would have happened if Trump had been reelected. His genius buddy Putin would have walked into Ukraine and have been applauded by the people he financed and supported.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-31-2022, 01:30 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
You keep harping about Bidens poll results, but a short while ago you claimed that polls were baloney, Biden would never beat Trump from his basement, etc.
I can imagine exactly what would have happened if Trump had been reelected. His genius buddy Putin would have walked into Ukraine and have been applauded by the people he financed and supported.
you posted the names of people with guns, implying that they were involved in a plot.

what’s your proof of that?
Old 03-31-2022, 01:46 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
i also agree i’ve been laughably wrong when relying on polls.

But with Biden’s polling, MANY democrats and those in the media are clearly reacting to a belief that a shellacking is coming. only the real zealots are in denial at this point.

the polling in this case is what an honest person would
expect given what’s going on. once in 40 year inflation. no president can oversee that and not take a hit, whether it’s his fault or not.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:36 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you posted the names of people with guns, implying that they were involved in a plot.

what’s your proof of that?
Oath Keepers planning to violently subvert the 2020 election stockpiled 30 days of supplies and a cache of rifles and ammunition just outside of Washington, D.C., prosecutors alleged in a late-night court filing.

In a memo seeking the pretrial detention of Oath Keeper Ed Vallejo — one of 11 members of the group charged last week with seditious conspiracy to violently prevent Joe Biden from taking office — prosecutors provided new details about the weapons stockpile Oath Keepers had assembled at a Comfort Inn in nearby Arlington, Va.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-01-2022, 05:21 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oath Keepers planning to violently subvert the 2020 election stockpiled 30 days of supplies and a cache of rifles and ammunition just outside of Washington, D.C., prosecutors alleged in a late-night court filing.

In a memo seeking the pretrial detention of Oath Keeper Ed Vallejo — one of 11 members of the group charged last week with seditious conspiracy to violently prevent Joe Biden from taking office — prosecutors provided new details about the weapons stockpile Oath Keepers had assembled at a Comfort Inn in nearby Arlington, Va.
i asked twice, you dodged twice.

so, you have zero way to connect those who had guns on january 6th, with any conspiracy.

in other words, you made up that connection, to paint conservatives in a negative light.

with all the stupid things conservatives do, there is t enough actual truth you can point to, to make them look bad? you have to never more stuff?

time to ask yourself some questions Pete. like, why are conservatives slightly more charitable
and generous than liberals? if we’re all pure evil, why is that?
Old 04-01-2022, 07:27 AM   #57
PaulS

Quote:

time to ask yourself some questions Pete. like, why are conservatives slightly more charitable
and generous than liberals? if we’re all pure evil, why is that?
same answer as the other 100 times you asked that question.

BC they give to their private schools and churches that most people don't have access to.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:53 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
same answer as the other 100 times you asked that question.

BC they give to their private schools and churches that most people don't have access to.
and that answer is as stupid as it has always been. 99% of charities have expenses to provide for their infastructure. churches aren’t unique in this regard.

the catholic church has big expenses, church buildings, schools, hospitals, etc. They are also one of the worlds largest providers of charitable services. Food banks, homeless shelters, medical clinics, adoption services, etc.

the united way also has buildings and employees. as does the Red Cross. as does the clinton foundation.

yet you only single out church donations as not really charity. because you’re desperate to disprove the fact that you happen to find inconvenient.

conservatives make less many than liberals, yet they aren’t stingy. pete’s brain can’t handle that .
Old 04-01-2022, 08:22 AM   #59
PaulS

Quote:
and that answer is as stupid as it has always been. 99% of charities have expenses to provide for their infastructure. churches aren’t unique in this regard.

the catholic church has big expenses, church buildings, schools, hospitals, etc. They are also one of the worlds largest providers of charitable services. Food banks, homeless shelters, medical clinics, adoption services, etc.

the united way also has buildings and employees. as does the Red Cross. as does the clinton foundation.

yet you only single out church donations Did you not see I said "private schools and churches"? Did you miss that or did you just figure you would lie?as not really charityPls, point out where I said it is not really charity? Either point it out or apologize for lying. . because you’re desperate to disprove the fact that you happen to find inconvenient.

conservatives make less many than liberals, yet they aren’t stingy. pete’s brain can’t handle that .
Churches/private schools use prob. 3-5% of the donations they receive to provide help to others. Many other charities like save the children prob. give 84-95% of the donations they receive to help others.

If anyone wants to give $ to churches and schools bc they attend, it is somewhat self serving. You fail to acknowledge that in your constant rants that conserv. give "slightly" more $.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:29 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Churches/private schools use prob. 3-5% of the donations they receive to provide help to others. Many other charities like save the children prob. give 84-95% of the donations they receive to help others.

If anyone wants to give $ to churches and schools bc they attend, it is somewhat self serving. You fail to acknowledge that in your constant rants that conserv. give "slightly" more $.
When you said private school, I assumed you meant religious school, as many of them are.

"Pls, point out where I said it is not really charity?"

You said this, Paul, in the same post for Gods sake..."If anyone wants to give $ to churches and schools bc they attend, it is somewhat self serving." Self-serving, isn't charity.

I can only speak to the Catholic Church. Every Sunday, my church has 2 collections, one for charity, one to go towards regular expenses associated with the church. The church has to pay utilities and buy food for the priests and pay maintenance on the buildings, and my church runs a school which is unbelievably expensive yet they only charge tuition of $5,000 for a school with 10 kids to a class which blows away public schools (which can spend 4x more per kid) on standardized tests. And anyone can enjoy the church, not just those who donate. Anyone can go to a mass and enjoy any spiritual benefits they derive, and that probably doesn't mean much to liberals these days, but it's meaningful to catholics.

Maybe the church you go to, uses all its donations for self-serving reasons, but that doesn't mean all churches do.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-01-2022 at 08:59 AM..