Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-31-2022, 04:52 AM   #1
Rmarsh

Dr. Jill

She can see the signs we are all seeing..... not very "caring" about her husband making a complete fool of himself.
I would hope....no, I'm sure..... that my wife of forty five years.......out of concern for me.....would recognize the cognitive decline....and not allow my condition to be on public display for all to witness.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:43 AM   #2
wdmso

Now she’s a real doctor

The rest of the world seems to be fine with Biden’s cognitive ability

The right been beating this drum since he said he was going to Run

Only 5% of Americans in their 70s have dementia. There’s no reason to assume Joe Biden is one of them, unless you’re looking for political ammunition.

Greg Murphy, who represents much of Eastern North Carolina in the U.S. House, has said repeatedly in the last few weeks that Biden, the 77-year-old former vice president, has dementia.

Murphy is a medical doctor — a urologist. Sept 9th 2019

MAGA World says Biden's lost it. Republican senators disagree.
Seven GOP senators who’ve met with Biden lately described him as cogent and well-versed on the issues they discussed.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...enators-477813

My experience in that one setting was that the president performed well,” said Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.). During his conversation with the 10 Republican senators who visited the White House, Moran recalled, the president didn’t rely on his staff or the vice president for information.

Let me guess these GOP senators are Rinos
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-31-2022, 07:52 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Now she’s a real doctor

Only 5% of Americans in their 70s have dementia. There’s no reason to assume Joe Biden is one of them, unless you’re looking for political ammunition.

Greg Murphy, who represents much of Eastern North Carolina in the U.S. House, has said repeatedly in the last few weeks that Biden, the 77-year-old former vice president, has dementia.

Seven GOP senators who’ve met with Biden lately described him as cogent and well-versed on the issues they discussed.

My experience in that one setting was that the president performed well,” said Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.). During his conversation with the 10 Republican senators who visited the White House, Moran recalled, the president didn’t rely on his staff or the vice president for information.

"The rest of the world seems to be fine with Biden’s cognitive ability "

His approval ratings might suggest otherwise.

"The right been beating this drum since he said he was going to Run"

Just because the right says something, is that evidence that it's wrong?

The left told us to be afraid of John McCain's age in 2008, and I'll bet my life you didn't care. Because as always, everything is OK when the left does it. McCain wasn't obviously in cognitive decline when he ran.

"There’s no reason to assume Joe Biden is one of them"

Unless you've been paying attention for the last 18 months. He said on TV, that the US would respond with chemical weapons if Russia used chemical weapons. He also said (when he called Peter Doocy a stupid SOB), that high inflation was "am asset". Doocy asked if high inflation was going to be a political liability, and Biden obviously didn't understand what Doocy was asking him. Bidens response was "inflation? What an asset. What a stupid SOB". Biden had zero clue what he was being asked, and it wasn't a complicated question.

Still waiting for you to explain why you called Desantis' bill the "don't say gay" bill, when it does exactly nothing to homosexuality that it doesn't do equally to heterosexuality. You said it, so you must believe it, I'm curious to know why you believe that.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Now she’s a real doctor

If you actually believe the rest of the world is fine with Biden’s cognitive ability you need to go be checked for dementia yourself.
The world & 3/4 the people in this country are laughing at him.
Probably the only guy in the country that’s happy to see what he’s doing is Jimmy Carter , who is no longer the worst President in my lifetime.
Biden is nothing but a bumbling mouthpiece for those who are speaking in his earpiece telling him what to say.
His daily bumblings make for great entertainment on Howie Carr’s show on my ride home from work.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-31-2022, 06:52 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
She can see the signs we are all seeing..... not very "caring" about her husband making a complete fool of himself.
I would hope....no, I'm sure..... that my wife of forty five years.......out of concern for me.....would recognize the cognitive decline....and not allow my condition to be on public display for all to witness.

Dr. Jill was Joe’s side action he was banging when he was still married to his wife.
I’m sure she will be moving on to the next guy in a few years when Joe is no longer around.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-01-2022, 04:24 AM   #6
Rmarsh

You dont need a phd, doctorate, or a degree to see that Bidens mental capacity is diminished to the point that he cannot be an effective leader.

My wife has worked at the same nursing home for the last fifty years...that's right 50. She has admitted, interviewed, and monitored hundreds if not thousands of dementia patients and their families...she has a degree.....but her vast experience with this subject goes beyond what most doctors have seen.... she knows the signs, sees it every day, and agrees he is obviously failing. Of course i am biased but I consider her an expert on the subject...so have the last eight administrators of the facility.

We are all aging .....and not going to be as great as we once were....the time comes for every man.

The time has come for Joe to step down and not drag this country down any further than he already has.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Could also be time for term limits and maximum ages to serve, but I agree no way he runs again and not really knowing his particulars, I’m not sure stepping down helps or hurts us.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:23 PM   #8
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
You dont need a phd, doctorate, or a degree to see that Bidens mental capacity is diminished to the point that he cannot be an effective leader.

My wife has worked at the same nursing home for the last fifty years...that's right 50. She has admitted, interviewed, and monitored hundreds if not thousands of dementia patients and their families...she has a degree.....but her vast experience with this subject goes beyond what most doctors have seen.... she knows the signs, sees it every day, and agrees he is obviously failing. Of course i am biased but I consider her an expert on the subject...so have the last eight administrators of the facility.

We are all aging .....and not going to be as great as we once were....the time comes for every man.

The time has come for Joe to step down and not drag this country down any further than he already has.

Do you really think Joe is running anything other than the stuff not contained in his diaper & running down his leg.
He’s a puppet with an earpiece and Obama has the microphone

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-02-2022, 03:26 AM   #9
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
He’s a puppet with an earpiece and Obama has the microphone

I agree completely.

Have you heard?....the dems are floating the idea that Michele Obama would be a great candidate for the next president....even they are writing joe off.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:43 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Hey, what they are doing is working

Passing an American Rescue Plan bill which created the most significant pro-family tax policy in a generation.

Getting America to 72 percent of the population fully vaccinated.

Passing an infrastructure law so bipartisan that 19 Republican senators voted for it.

Nominating a SCOTUS candidate so qualified that she has the highest approval rating of any nominee since John Roberts.

Managing American involvement in a major war so that America’s ally is winning, our alliance is unified, the war has not spilled over, and American troops have not needed to get directly involved.

Calling for a $32 billion increase in funding for law enforcement.

Stewarding the economy to a place where job growth is on a historic upward trajectory.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:52 AM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Passing an American Rescue Plan bill which created the most significant pro-family tax policy in a generation.

Passing an infrastructure law so bipartisan that 19 Republican senators voted for it.

Nominating a SCOTUS candidate so qualified that she has the highest approval rating of any nominee since John Roberts.

Managing American involvement in a major war so that America’s ally is winning, our alliance is unified, the war has not spilled over, and American troops have not needed to get directly involved.

Stewarding the economy to a place where job growth is on a historic upward trajectory.

You should run for President.
If Joe can be President with his advance Dimensia you wouldn’t be any different !

The only thing Joe is doing is putting the middle class in the poor class.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-02-2022, 07:36 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

when you list all the good things ( some of which he inherited like vaccination infastructure, but still he did a good job continuing to
manage it), and you ignore all the failures ( final stages of afghan withdrawal, a mess at the southern border, failure to deliver covid tests in useful numbers), unbelievable inflation, surging crime, some
wildly unpopular social policies, ignore his obvious cognitive decline and how much of a jerk he can be to those who challenge him even a little, what a complete moron his VP is). when you frame it the way you just did, you make him look like Eisenhower.

But a better way to judge any executive, is to consider the good AND the bad. The polls tell us how americans are judging him.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:37 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
You should run for President.
If Joe can be President with his advance Dimensia you wouldn’t be any different !

The only thing Joe is doing is putting the middle class in the poor class.
the rich are getting richer, and with inflation, the middle class is taking a serious beating. but we can’t talk about that.

serious question, is the infastructure bill doing anything?
Old 04-02-2022, 09:27 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the rich are getting richer, and with inflation, the middle class is taking a serious beating. but we can’t talk about that.

serious question, is the infastructure bill doing anything?
It’s no longer good that the rich are getting richer?
Are you now claiming that is bad?
They no longer deserve it because………
Unbelievable

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2022, 11:07 AM   #15
wdmso

serious question, is the infastructure bill doing anything

Serious answer.. Rome wasn’t built in a Day. It will take years some decades for many infrastructure projects to be planned and built …. Kinda like oil leases just having them and wanting more leases doesn’t equal instant oil or lower oil prices
Old 04-03-2022, 12:51 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s no longer good that the rich are getting richer?
Are you now claiming that is bad?
They no longer deserve it because………
Unbelievable
no i think it is good. but its interesting that you aren’t complaining about the middle
class getting crushed by inflation. because the potus is a democrat.

politics is all that matter.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:29 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
no i think it is good. but its interesting that you aren’t complaining about the middle
class getting crushed by inflation. because the potus is a democrat.

politics is all that matter.
So you think there’s no correlation between the two?

“ the rich are getting richer, and with inflation, the middle class is taking a serious beating. but we can’t talk about that.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2022, 08:41 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:

“ the rich are getting richer, and with inflation, the middle class is taking a serious beating. but we can’t talk about that.”
The middle class has been taking a beating before the current inflation, and during previous inflations. And the middle class has gotten richer when the rich got richer and has shrunk when the rich got richer. So it seems that the shrinking of the middle class is correlated to something other than inflation or the rich getting richer.

There seems to be a correlation between the shrinking middle class and the growth of centralized corporate and government power.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:52 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The middle class has been taking a beating before the current inflation, and during previous inflations. And the middle class has gotten richer when the rich got richer and has shrunk when the rich got richer. So it seems that the shrinking of the middle class is correlated to something other than inflation or the rich getting richer.

There seems to be a correlation between the shrinking middle class and the growth of centralized corporate and government power.
Corporate power controls government power, perhaps you missed that.
Has since Citizen United

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2022, 08:54 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:

no. to assume there has to be a connection, is to assume that wealth is finite, that it’s a zero sum game, that one person getting richer must get offset my someone else’s getting poorer.

do you believe that’s the case?
Old 04-03-2022, 09:13 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
no. to assume there has to be a connection, is to assume that wealth is finite, that it’s a zero sum game, that one person getting richer must get offset my someone else’s getting poorer.

do you believe that’s the case?
Simply put, Wealth measures the value of all the assets of worth owned by a person, community, company, or country. Wealth is determined by taking the total market value of all physical and intangible assets owned, then subtracting all debts. Essentially, wealth is the accumulation of scarce resources.
Control of the distribution of resources enables some to accumulate an amount of wealth that is not commensurate with their investment or the commensurate risk of what they have invested.
This is achieved by political control of laws and regulations to ensure that the controlling parties risk is minimized and return maximized.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Simply put, Wealth measures the value of all the assets of worth owned by a person, community, company, or country. Wealth is determined by taking the total market value of all physical and intangible assets owned, then subtracting all debts. Essentially, wealth is the accumulation of scarce resources.
Control of the distribution of resources enables some to accumulate an amount of wealth that is not commensurate with their investment or the commensurate risk of what they have invested.
This is achieved by political control of laws and regulations to ensure that the controlling parties risk is minimized and return maximized.
is wealth finite? is one persons wealth, necessarily offset by another persons poverty?

yes or no.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:34 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
is wealth finite? is one persons wealth, necessarily offset by another persons poverty?

yes or no.
Wealth and control of the opportunity to accumulate wealth are two different things.

Just because wealth can grow does not mean all have the opportunity to take advantage of that and that some are not deprived within the current political system of the opportunity to gain wealth.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2022, 09:56 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Corporate power controls government power, perhaps you missed that.
Has since Citizen United
Perhaps you missed that it's a symbiotic relationship. They need each other. Politicians are not forced into the relationship. They enter it for the same reason the corporations do. The money and the power.

And that relationship is responsible for the centralization of government and corporate power. And that centralization of power correlates more thoroughly with the weakening of the middle class than the correlation of that to the rich getting richer.

It is the reason the middle class and the individual and local government have lost power and the central government and centralized business have become more powerful.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:19 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Perhaps you missed that it's a symbiotic relationship. They need each other. Politicians are not forced into the relationship. They enter it for the same reason the corporations do. The money and the power.

And that relationship is responsible for the centralization of government and corporate power. And that centralization of power correlates more thoroughly with the weakening of the middle class than the correlation of that to the rich getting richer.

It is the reason the middle class and the individual and local government have lost power and the central government and centralized business have become more powerful.
And the root cause is the increase in political funding allowed by the Citizens United decision

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2022, 04:37 AM   #26
Rmarsh

Quote:

Are you serious? Take your blinders off....
Yeah...... my paycheck now buys half the fuel oil and groceries it did two years ago. The Biden Inflation train is going off the rails.
The job growth is people who got paid to stay home and do nothing.........running out of free government money....now needing to get their asses back to a real job.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 04-04-2022 at 04:47 AM..
Old 04-04-2022, 07:36 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Two years ago oil prices were negative and market prices for end products were historically low.

Fuel oil in 1978 was 54 cents per gallon, adjusted for inflation that would be $4.45.

When you’re whinging about the price of oil keep in mind TFG negotiated a deal to increase and stabilize the price of oil to get it out of the cellar. OPEC and our own crude suppliers have said publicly that they will not be forced to increase supply to reduce price.
That’s why the administration is releasing oil from the strategic reserve to increase supply
Old 04-04-2022, 08:08 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Two years ago oil prices were negative and market prices for end products were historically low.

Fuel oil in 1978 was 54 cents per gallon, adjusted for inflation that would be $4.45.

When you’re whinging about the price of oil keep in mind TFG negotiated a deal to increase and stabilize the price of oil to get it out of the cellar. OPEC and our own crude suppliers have said publicly that they will not be forced to increase supply to reduce price.
That’s why the administration is releasing oil from the strategic reserve to increase supply
so in your mind, biden gets credit for every single good thing that happens in his watch ( covid waning, stock market way up, unemployment dropping like a rock). And he gets precisely zero blame
for the bad things that happened in his watch ( insane inflation, surging gas prices, surging crime, surging border crossings). do we have that right?

the economy is opening back up as covid hopefully fizzles. that was going to increase gas prices, and result in tons of jobs created, regardless of who was potus. either he gets credit for all or none. but naturally, you prefer to cherry pick all the positive outcomes
Old 04-04-2022, 08:46 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

You should be estatic

Black workers saw the greatest percentage-point drop in unemployment rates, falling from 6.6% in February to 6.2% in March.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:03 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
And the root cause is the increase in political funding allowed by the Citizens United decision
The root cause is greed for power and money. The politicians don't have to accept bribes. They have been accepting bribes for centuries. It's not some new phenomenon. The politicians were doing it in this country well before citizens united. The Progressive agenda, for example, is the accumulation of power into a centralized system of government in order to be able to do whatever Progressive politicians want to do in spite of legal or constitutional restrictions. Their method is the rewriting of the Constitution by legislative and judicial fiat rather than by constitutional amendment.

Laws cannot prevent corruption if the laws are not followed. The corruption of the American system of government did not depend on Citizens United. The politicians have been as eager as economic power brokers to participate in that corruption--actually they have probably been more responsible since they had the civil power to maintain the constitutional order. As one of our Founders said, the Constitution was made only for a moral people and wouldn't work for any other kind.

If Citizens United invites corruption, it only does so if the politicians are corrupt. Corporations, since Citizens United, have "contributed" to both parties. Amazon donated more to Democrats than to Republicans. I suspect that corporations will give more to those who they think will win. I find it telling that the centralization and growth in power of government parallels the centralization and power of corporations. The same corruption of politicians can be influenced by the centralization of groups other than corporations, such as huge labor unions.

The constitutional distribution and separations of power made it far more difficult to create broad networks of control over the individual people of this country. But if the constitutional order is breached, corruptible gatekeepers in our units of government, can sell out the people in order to maintain power and expand their wealth. The Progressive centralization of power has steadily made it easier for those gatekeepers to control greater areas and greater numbers of people. And it has made it easier to centralize economic power into fewer and larger businesses to work in tandem with more centralized and powerful government peopled by corruptible politicians.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-04-2022 at 07:47 PM..