Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-08-2022, 07:35 AM   #1
Jim in CT

to the lefties who say gender identity isn’t taught in elementary schools

people here have said that things like Desantis’ law are unnecessary because kids arent being exposed to this crap in elementary school.

this is crazy. second graders. these kids aren’t even close to being ready to process such things

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ng-parents.amp
Old 04-08-2022, 07:47 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim Teaching radical race/gender theories to young children is bad, and young kids shouldn't be exposed to instruction about sex.

Me: I agree!

Jim Then you'll back this law?

Reads law

Me: Wait. This thing is incredibly broad and vague, doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators, encompasses far more than young children, and will invariably lead to complaints against innocent teachers.

Jim Surrender caucus! Groomer! Woke!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-08-2022, 08:01 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Jim Teaching radical race/gender theories to young children is bad, and young kids shouldn't be exposed to instruction about sex.

Me: I agree!

Jim Then you'll back this law?

Reads law

Me: Wait. This thing is incredibly broad and vague, doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators, encompasses far more than young children, and will invariably lead to complaints against innocent teachers.

Jim Surrender caucus! Groomer! Woke!
I don't buy for a second, that you support the idea of banning public school teachers from discussing sexual identity. If liberals say it's good, you'll agree with them.

You also missed the point. You said republicans were passing laws that weren't necessary. The link I provided, shows that there is a need for these laws.

"doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators"

Here's their guidance:

Stop the sex talk in grades K-3 or you're fired. If that's not clear enough, they're too stupid to teach.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:34 PM   #4
wdmso

Really Jim theses laws were passed because of NJ can you read

New Jersey to require .. you should respect the law isn’t that the GOP argument in Fla

And of course your claim

the lefties who say gender identity isn’t taught in elementary schools

Just another misrepresentation of why theses laws changed
Old 04-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't buy for a second, that you support the idea of banning public school teachers from discussing sexual identity. If liberals say it's good, you'll agree with them.

You also missed the point. You said republicans were passing laws that weren't necessary. The link I provided, shows that there is a need for these laws.

"doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators"

Here's their guidance:

Stop the sex talk in grades K-3 or you're fired. If that's not clear enough, they're too stupid to teach.
Purely politics
As evidenced by the fact that 48 Missouri Republicans voted AGAINST a bill to outlaw marriages to a child under the age of 14.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-08-2022, 12:52 PM   #6
wdmso

Under the updated standards, which are similar to the standards that have been in place for the past five years, children in grades K-12 will continue to learn information that is age appropriate, medically accurate, and shown by research to help keep them safe

Just another example of the gop fixated on sex and sexuality in an unhealthy manner

Republicans’ Fresh Fixation on Vintage Homophobia

Why Republicans Have Become Obsessed With Accusing Their Opponents of Pedophilia

Yet when one of their own uses theses claim against the gop they flip out

The GOP outrage over Cawthorn's remarks was widespread in Washington.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:19 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

New Jersey to require .. you should respect the law isn’t that the GOP argument in Fla

Floridians don’t want gender identity shoved in the faces of kids aged 4-8. So Desantis passed a law banning it.

That called “democracy”.

your idea of democracy, is where every single person agrees with you 100% of the time. that’s not the real world.

if people in FL don’t like this, they’ll vote in legislators who will repeal it.

it’s called democracy.

interesting that you feel
so strongly that 5 year olds can process gender identity and that public school, not home, is the place for that.

independents will love this. That, plus the fact that Biden is making the border more open.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-08-2022 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-08-2022, 09:40 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

I'm curious. What's the REASON Republicans want to make it legal for an adult man to marry a child?
Old 04-08-2022, 10:37 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
I'm curious. What's the REASON Republicans want to make it legal for an adult man to marry a child?
You are curious.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:27 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
they don’t. the sponsor of the bill
said that ultimately it would
prohibit minors from
marrying.

lying again.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:08 AM   #11
wdmso

(odd none of this was being taught when Trump was in office Just since inauguration day? Conservative logic hard at lying !)

What's Next in the GOP sudden Morality March Backwards

Ban interracial marriages again?

Oh wait its already happened

Senator Braun Says States Should Be Free to Ban Abortions and Interracial Marriages

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...-marriage.html
Old 04-09-2022, 08:21 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
they don’t. the sponsor of the bill
said that ultimately it would
prohibit minors from
marrying.

lying again.
The "groomer" thing Trumplicans are trying to push is conveniently silent on the fact that the majority of child sexual abuse happens within the proclaimed cultural pillars of the right wing: the church and the family.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2022, 09:26 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
The "groomer" thing Trumplicans are trying to push is conveniently silent on the fact that the majority of child sexual abuse happens within the proclaimed cultural pillars of the right wing: the church and the family.
Propaganda Pete is making a sneaky insinuation that only Republicans go to church and have families.
Old 04-09-2022, 04:53 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Georgia Republican candidate Kandiss Taylor goes full theocracy explaining her “Jesus, guns, and babies” slogan:

“Don't talk to me about separation of church and state.”

“We are the church and we run the state.”

“[Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists] don't get to silence us.”