Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #151
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump took credit for the bull market during his first year, I wonder if he will take credit for what appears to be a long overdue correction in the market these past few days, which most thought was soon to come.

I sure did enjoy the run, but even the great and powerful OZ (Trump) can't stop what's happening now, but he probably will blame someone else for it.
Actually, his pro-business policies have created an actual market on which stocks can be connected, rather than the free, cheap money created in the previous eight years by the Fed and its quantitative easing--money that was directed into the stock market rather than into business stimulation, which artificially inflated the value of stocks. The correction can now take place without disturbing the actual market--a market which has been stimulated to grow by Trump's economic policies which frees it to grow and expand. So now the price of stocks can be corrected to being more reflective of the actual market.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #152
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Actually, his pro-business policies have created an actual market on which stocks can be connected, rather than the free, cheap money created in the previous eight years by the Fed and its quantitative easing--money that was directed into the stock market rather than into business stimulation, which artificially inflated the value of stocks. The correction can now take place without disturbing the actual market--a market which has been stimulated to grow by Trump's economic policies which frees it to grow and expand. So now the price of stocks can be corrected to being more reflective of the actual market.
How long did you hold that hit in?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #153
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How long did you hold that hit in?
I've said a few times already on this forum that the stock market was overinflated due to the excess money created by quantitative easing being invested in it rather than being invested in business stimulation because the business climate was suppressed by Progressive anti-business policies.

I mentioned recently in another thread that I agreed with WDMSO that the booming stock prices were suspect during the Obama administration and during the nascent Trump administration . The speculators saw opportunities to make more money investing "stimulus" money in stocks which they could sell off for a profit when the market came back to life and they could then, with the big profits, invest in an actually strong business market, while those holding the excessively priced stocks that the speculators (on wall street, etc.) sold to them, would take the losses.

Just my opinion. What do you think was the cause of a booming stock market during a stagnant economy?
Old 02-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #154
detbuch

I started a thread on march 23, 2017 with this video, titling it Trumps bleak economic future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=kRV4hrTj2KM