Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
JohnnyD

Fence Installation

So this past December, the misses and I bought our first house - against everyone's suggestions to avoid the headache and rent a nice condo or townhouse. Amongst the 1000s of other items on the never-ending To Do list, having a fence installed around the whole backyard is #1.

We are prepared for the $6k-$8k expense but now am looking for a reputable person/company to do the install. I'll do all the brush clearing necessary and I know I'm going to have to dig up and rerun some (or many) sprinkler lines.

Was hoping there might be someone on here in the Attleboro/N.Attleboro area that does fencing. Would prefer to keep the money "in the family" if I can.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

steve panek foxboro - all cedar including the posts. I have 400 linear feet of six foot stockade on place for 15 years. replaced most of the posts so far.

He's done most of the fences in our neighborhood
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
JohnnyD

Thanks for the recco. I'll add him to the list for a quote. And by "add him to the list", I mean, 'start a list with his name at the top."

One thing I should have mentioned... I'm looking to go Vinyl. We want something that I can just powerwash each spring and not have to care about painting. We also like the clean, bright look of the white.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
striperman36
Old Guy

he does that. I'll look around the hood, there are others, we live in Millfarm Estates in Mansfield, everyone has a fence, you should cruise bye
Old 03-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Higgie

Funny I'm in the same boat and also looking to go vinyl.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Higgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
JohnnyD

Turf Guy, maybe we can find a guy to do a package deal. My one of my brother-in-laws is also looking into putting up a fence.

I'm sure a fence guy would love to lock in 2-3 jobs and take a little bit smaller margin.

Striperman, I have no clue where Millfarm Estates is. Seems like there's a new "Estate" development popping up every year in Mansfield.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
Sea Dangles

Panek fenced in my pool area. His prices are competetive,cash is king.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Turf Guy, maybe we can find a guy to do a package deal. My one of my brother-in-laws is also looking into putting up a fence.

I'm sure a fence guy would love to lock in 2-3 jobs and take a little bit smaller margin.

Striperman, I have no clue where Millfarm Estates is. Seems like there's a new "Estate" development popping up every year in Mansfield.
been here for 15 years, just google it
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
WESTPORTMAFIA

Congrats on the house and not the condo. I am very limited in the hands on build things myself sector. But I did do my own fence job 7 years back on a property flip. Just have someone come in and dig the holes if there are a ton of roots and or rocks. That's a quick job. Buy the fencing, drop the posts and secure the paneling. You will save a ton of money.
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
WESTPORTMAFIA

Btw the fence I did is still standing. Lol
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
Congrats on the house and not the condo. I am very limited in the hands on build things myself sector. But I did do my own fence job 7 years back on a property flip. Just have someone come in and dig the holes if there are a ton of roots and or rocks. That's a quick job. Buy the fencing, drop the posts and secure the paneling. You will save a ton of money.
I've thought about this. We probably have over 250' of fence to put up and I'd hate this to turn into a half-finished project.

I bet once the wife gets sticker-shock from the first few quotes, my ass will be out there with the power auger and a shovel.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #12
Higgie

I hear ya Johnny, im sure my wife will be the same way once we get a few quotes. I have an existing fence that was put up three years ago when our house was renovated but whoever put it up did a horrible job and I've got a water line running perpendicular to the area that I just don't want to deal with. I'd be willing to share quotes though.
Higgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #13
JohnnyD

I'll keep you posted on quotes I receive. I have a couple calls out and plan on making a couple more today. Unfortunately, some of the guys in trades that do the best work are also the worst at returning damn phone calls.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
JamesJet

I had a fence put in last year, that was after a year of saving for it. We got quotes in 2011 and were shocked. That said its a really nice fence and install was great so we are happy, just note it aint cheap!
JamesJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
m+mhammer

fence installation

My sister in law used E&E fencing. I think they are in Attleboro. Nice and straight and level. I always get 2 or 3 quotes. Mike
m+mhammer is offline   Reply With Quote