Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-15-2017, 05:47 AM   #61
Nebe

Probably Scott... probably.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #62
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I've noticed a trend. Many of those who deny that there is climate change believe without question that a guy built a huge boat and put a pair of every species of animal on our planet on board.

Makes you wonder....

hey Eben, if a guy ( the current Pope) is dumb enough to believe in Noah's Ark, the Resurrection and that his Heavenly Father is floating above in the clouds(invisible friends) observing things issues a statement supporting much of the climate alarmist agenda....is/are he(and those that dutifully follow his word) suddenly intelligent and forward thinking?
Well played 👍😂
Old 09-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #63
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Could be the few degrees of warming the planet has experienced, has allowed more moisture to fuel these storms into more powerful hurricanes, looks like we might be getting a up close reminder of what that means next week.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #64
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Could be the few degrees of warming the planet has experienced, has allowed more moisture to fuel these storms into more powerful hurricanes, looks like we might be getting a up close reminder of what that means next week.
History says your wrong
Old 09-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #65
basswipe

Global warming now known as climate change.

News flash:
THE CLIMATE CHANGES DAILY!!!

In the scheme of time man's impact on a process that takes tens of thousands of years doesn't even register as a millionth of a percentage point on the time frame its going to take to reach the next ice-age.Its supposed to be getting warmer,geology has proven this has happened over and over and over again.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #66
scottw

climate change is REAL.......seriously
Old 09-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #67
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
History says your wrong
If history shows Category 4 and 5 hurricanes nearly doubled in occurrence in from 1970 to 2004, it may indicate a trend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tic_hurricanes

Still siding with what I believe is a consensus in the scientific community, that man is impacting the climate and global warming over time is going to be a major problem. How much time is up for debate, but even the scientific community might not have a handle on if that process could accelerate at some point.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #68
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

This season has been crazy to be sure and the amount of "Climate Change" whether man made , natural, or reasonably a combination of both.

There has been a lot of sky is falling and frankly, stupid commentary (usually in less than 140 characters) on this being as a result of Global Warming, if not Trump's fault.

One particular piece getting undue traction is that since 1851, when these were recorded, the only Cat 4 / Cat 5 Atlantic hurricanes are increasing due to Global Climate Change (not mentioned the 10 year drought of major storms)

These storms have been hitting the Caribbean and CONUS for , well, forever, and since before those naming conventions were ever whispered.

Law of Averages? Bad Luck? Global Climate Reordering?

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastint.shtml

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1780_A...rricane_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hurricane_of_1780

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #69
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

But what about the Children?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #70
DZ

I'm one of those who believes that there is nothing we can do about climate changing except to take precautions. Despite lots of studies recommending a moratorium on new construction in coastal flood zones no one is implementing them. I have not seen any states or communities in the northeast place a moratorium on building in flood zones yet... to me that would be a first step in the fight against climate change which causes sea level rise. Another aspect is federal beach replenishment - have to put an end to it unless its privately funded.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #71
Nebe

Forget about the climate change argument. How about POLLUTION !?? Acid rain... remember that ? Why not promote clean energy to avoid pollution??
Old 09-21-2017, 07:55 PM   #72
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Yes Nebe, also stop burning the rainforests to grow beef for fast food burgers, it will never be replaced. Unfortunately the world is too populated for all of us to live off the grid so conservation measures are needed and it costs money so the greedy rich don't want to pay for it. Am I close.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #73
Nebe

The answers and alternatives are everywhere.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #74
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I'm one of those who believes that there is nothing we can do about climate changing except to take precautions. Despite lots of studies recommending a moratorium on new construction in coastal flood zones no one is implementing them. I have not seen any states or communities in the northeast place a moratorium on building in flood zones yet... to me that would be a first step in the fight against climate change which causes sea level rise. Another aspect is federal beach replenishment - have to put an end to it unless its privately funded.
Well the lastest government report seems to confirm once again man is changing the global climate and predicts severe economical impact. Trump of course still isn’t buying into it, what a shocker for us all. Steps to slow this change aren’t cheep and need to be a collaboration worldwide, but the consequences are likely going to cost so much more.