Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

January 20, 2021 no lock

The drastic measures being taken with an overwhelming show of force to safeguard a presidential inauguration makes my head spin. Extremists on both sides are out of control. The fact that there is a need for 25,000 troops in place does give one pause as to whether there was a fair election, which I truly want to accept and believe. To see such show of force reminds me of what I recall seeing in Venezuela, Syria and Libya, not in my country... And then we have reports of infiltration by extremists within our troops we have brought in to protect the capital... But for now, from this seat, given what I have to digest and make my decisions, it is the extreme right and pro-Trump group that I see pushing us to a state of civil war. I don't buy the arguments that masks are are useless and just for lemmings. I don't see it as persecution and elimination of my freedom. I want the virus gone. I want the vaccine. I don't want to get COVID, as I have just heard my niece, a practicing PT, has tested positive. Hey, my work is now very restricted, BY ME, as I do not want it, nor can I afford to bring it home. So if you feel you must continue your verbal, written, or physical support of the current President, you are just fanning the flames of civil war, IMO. Time for you to decide what you want for this country is now.
I have a very bad feeling leading into this week. I hope no violence comes to pass. But if it does, I know where I will lay blame...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.