Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 10-15-2020, 06:45 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Azek discontinuing certain decking

I have been renovating our deck this past summer, a project that began in earnest in early June, when I put in an order for Azek Island Oak decking. No problem. Was told 3-4 days, which has been the norm for delivery of a color that is not a stock item. Then the call came that it would be 3-4 weeks... Corona virus blah blah. OK. Then a call in mid/late July that it would be 3-4 months!... It arrived in early September, which is when I realized my original order was a "rough estimate" and I would be short by five boards if I wanted to do the last 18" and my stairs. So we ordered them. Was told my delivery date would be mid November! OK Not happy but will deal with it. I mean the deck is basically done, railings, underside trimmed with vertical 1x6 pvc trimboards, complete with access door... All except the last 18" and the stair treads.
And yesterday I was informed that Azek has announced (earluier than in the past) that the Island Oak decking will be DISCONTINUED for the 2021 season and the last deliveries have been scheduled for no later than November 30. In other words, they are not going to make anymore and I have to find it elsewhere... WTF?
So if your local lumberyard carries Azek, I would appreciate hearing if they have any Island Oak deck boards. I am looking for 2/20' (or 4/10') grooved boards and three 16'square edged boards.
Thank you for asking.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
PaulS

Westend lumber in Bridgeport Ct always had a lot of Azek. Far drive but if you are really hard up. I might be able to help.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:19 AM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Call National Lumber and Arnold Lumber

https://www.timbertech.com/showrooms/

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Sent a "diplomatic" email to Timbertech through their site (They own Azek or vice versa..) and I received a call from the regional rep today. Was able to get an order put in through my lumber yard with names and instructions for their supplier. So order is in. Feathers were ruffled but I will get it. Just have to go different route sometimes. (I get that the girl at supplier was pissy about being told to take my order, after telling people no for several weeks... not my problem.) Message back to me was I own it, no recourse if damaged, and don't call to ask when it is coming.
Rep for Azek/Timbertech lives in Fairhaven but doesn't fish?!?! Says he has never caught anything. Told him I would/could hook him up with some S-B members sometime if he was interested...told him he would be wrecked after his first albie... So for those who may be doing a deck or trim project next year.....keep it in mind, please.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #5
spence

You think you'd get better service for a premium product. I remember one time trying to locate a hard to get Louis Vuitton wallet for a gift that was out of stock. They had a small team of people calling every Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus in the country to track one down.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote