Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 10-05-2020, 08:13 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Price gouging

For Mason Jars? Really???

12 pk Wide mouth 32 oz Ball Mason jars with lids $11.99 at Target
But sold out locally.... And some azzhat has the balls to offer a two pack on Amazon at 18.99......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
Nebe

Oh no. Ross may have entered grumpy old man stage
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
spence

See this all the time on amazon, always cross reference.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:58 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Cost of a 2x4x8 KD stud went up 59% from July 27 to September 25... I will have to find some invoices from February...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:12 PM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Cost of a 2x4x8 KD stud went up 59% from July 27 to September 25... I will have to find some invoices from February...
I just paid $10.50 for a 2x4x10. But when you think about the current state of this country it makes sense. Hurricanes and wildfires has upped demand and probably shrunk production capacity
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:13 PM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

So these are my costs, with my 10% discount:

2x4x8 KD WSPF premium stud

12/11/19 $4.38
7/27/20 $5.18
9/25/20 $8.24

That is an 88% increase since December....

Old 10-17-2020, 06:37 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

I just had a client ask for a comparison of Siberian Larch to Pressure treated southern yellow pine
A buck cheaper per piece, though both were expensive
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Jimbo

im at my folks' house. gotta check the basement, but I think i may have Mason jars. Not sure what size, but some new some old. They made beach plum jelly. Got some from 2010 down there I haven't tried yet. Anyway, I'll check and they're yours if you want. Wood; I got scraps nothing more. And a 2 year old alpha male boxer needs to go somewhere with a fencened in yard to a good home.

Fishing is a... discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish. ~Herbert Hoover
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:51 AM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Thanks for the offer, Jimbo. I was going to get the jars for a client who helped with my harvest. I went another route and have scratched that itch. If I grow again, I will subcontract the harvest process.....

Old 10-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #10
Jenn

It's all supply and demand and when they can take advantage they do. I work in a wholesale warehouse and canning jars are just the tip of the iceberg. It's because of supply, has been very slow to fill orders to wholesalers due to many covid related issues. Its been that way with so many seasonal things since march it's been insane to be part of the supply chain....anyway back on track....I tried looking for clorox wipes on amazon last night and the best I could find was a 3 pack for $75.00....GTFOOT......Ill scrape by with what i've got and improvise or do without, thank you very little.

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote