Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #31
scottw

quit whining spence....ruth bader is next
Old 10-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #32
scottw

OOPS!

Cherokee Nation: "It makes a mockery out of DNA tests..while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments & their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented & whose heritage is proven. Sen. Warren is undermining tribal interests w/her continued claims of tribal heritage"

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ropriate-wrong
Old 10-15-2018, 06:24 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
quit whining spence....ruth bader is next
Good god is she on your hit list?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
OOPS!

Cherokee Nation: "It makes a mockery out of DNA tests..while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments & their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented & whose heritage is proven. Sen. Warren is undermining tribal interests w/her continued claims of tribal heritage"

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ropriate-wrong
Perhaps I should ask my relatives in Sweden their opinion of Don the Con claiming to be Swedish. I’m sure that some are upset about that, especially after he made up stories about immigrants issues.
Or perhaps he produce all those letters

But you won’t care because Don the Con is ending American exceptionalism, selling out 75 years of American soldiers lives, diplomacy and the Republican Party for better relationships with evil people and money. Impressive

Shortly after World War II, Donald Trump's father Fred falsely claimed their family was Swedish, hiding their German heritage to avoid any problems selling apartments to Jewish customers, the Boston Globe reported last year. Donald Trump was still claiming Swedish heritage as late as his 1987 book "Art of the Deal," in which he writes that his grandfather came to the U.S. from Sweden.
Fred, for a reason that has never been disclosed, began telling people that he was Swedish. He also became a big-time backer of Israel bonds. The Swedish fiction was adopted by his son Donald, who perpetuated it in his book "The Art the Deal."
Asked in 1990 by a Vanity Fair reporter whether his family's country of origin was not in fact Germany, Donald responded by dissembling even more.
“Actually, it was very difficult,” Donald replied. “My father was not German; my father’s parents were German Swedish, and really sort of all over Europe and I was even thinking in the second edition of putting more emphasis on other places because I was getting so many letters from Sweden: Would I come over and speak to Parliament? Would I come meet with the president?”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #35
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Perhaps I should ask my relatives in Sweden their opinion of Don the Con claiming to be Swedish.

be my guest
Old 10-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps I should ask my relatives in Sweden their opinion of Don the Con claiming to be Swedish.
And again, everything is about Trump. You can't just say Warren is a liar.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Also, the quote saying the test is useless, was issued by the secretary of state of the Cherokee nation. Perhaps he knows something about the subject. Are your relatives senior state department officials in Sweden?

Me think-um that Fauxahontus wants to live in tee-pee of Great White Chief. Ugh.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #38
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Me think-um that Fauxahontus wants to live in tee-pee of Great White Chief. Ugh.
cultural appropriation is ok for libs/progressives
Old 10-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Also, the quote saying the test is useless, was issued by the secretary of state of the Cherokee nation. Perhaps he knows something about the subject. Are your relatives senior state department officials in Sweden?

Perhaps
https://youtu.be/fmXv7aGrVUI

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2018, 04:23 AM   #40
wdmso

Want a win for Trump in 2020 Nominate Warren ... pick her as VP that could be less damaging

funny to see conservatives moving the goalposts.. and supporting character assassination when it works for them against warren ...

I did not know ? how much native american was the issue in the 1st place ..
Old 10-16-2018, 05:27 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

funny to see conservatives moving the goalposts.. and supporting character assassination when it works for them against warren ...

she's no more native american than you are....

...and it was character assassination to point out the Blumenthal was never in Vietnam...

"The NY Times uncovered a videotape of Blumenthal telling an audience at a Norwalk veteran’s event: “We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Blumenthal said to the group in March of 2008."

or that Hillary was never shot at by snipers...

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

But that's not what happened, as demonstrated by CBS News video that shows Clinton arriving on the tarmac under no visible duress, and greeting a child who offers her a copy of a poem."

For an extended period of time — at a key point in her professional life — Warren identified herself as a Native American woman. She listed herself as Native American on a key legal directory reviewed by deans and hiring committees. Former employers — such as the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Law School — listed Warren as a minority faculty member. Harvard Law School even trumpeted her as the school’s first tenured “woman of color.”

she does fit in well with the rest of the lunatics though...certainly qualified to lead them
Old 10-16-2018, 05:45 AM   #42
Jim in CT

She's the Little injun that couldn't.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:49 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Want a win for Trump in 2020 Nominate Warren ... pick her as VP that could be less damaging

I did not know ? how much native american was the issue in the 1st place ..
It's not character assassination, when it's rooted in fact. Warren went on and on about how bad it is for companies to profit off of college student loans, while she was making 400k teaching at college (it's OK when she gets rich exploiting college kids, but evil when anyone else does it).

She goes after banks for making money of people who ended up losing their homes, but her and her husband made money - guess what - flipping foreclosed homes. Again, it's OK when she capitalizes on other people's misfortune, but no one else can.

And then the lies (still not close to being proven true) that she lied about being a native American to get that job at Harvard.

Warren once talked about one of her family's authentic Oklahoma Cherokee recipes, a crab omelette. Crab being a well-known staple of the Oklahoma Cherokee diet. We've all seen the old black and white photos of the massive crab migration across the prairies of the midwest.

How stupid does she think we all are, exactly?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-16-2018 at 05:57 AM..
Old 10-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Warren committed affirmative action fraud. If liberals believe what they claim to believe, they would cast her aside for this mortal sin. But they don’t believe in anything, except winning.

Groucho Marx famously said, “these are my principles. But if you don’t like them I have other, different principles.”. I wonder if he was talking about democrats.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:52 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
cultural appropriation is ok for libs/progressives
well then i’m safe because i’m more of a liberal than she is Cherokee.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:04 AM   #46
Nebe

Quote:
well then i’m safe because i’m more of a liberal than she is Cherokee.
Seems like you are having a very hard time with this. Did you also blow your gasket when it turned out Obama wasn’t born in Kenya?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #47
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #48
scottw

she should have left it alone....this is so funny
Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Seems like you are having a very hard time with this. Did you also blow your gasket when it turned out Obama wasn’t born in Kenya?
"Seems like you are having a very hard time with this"

You couldn't be more wrong. I think it's absolutely hysterical, and I pray that she gets the nomination.

"Did you also blow your gasket when it turned out Obama wasn’t born in Kenya?"

Nope, I always said the birthers were kooks. I also believe, looking back at it, that Obama was one of the greatest gifts the Republicans ever received. During his 8 years, the democrats were completely annihilated at the federal and state levels, and he owns a lot of that. Some of that will probably reverse course in November, as is the natural order of things.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
she should have left it alone....this is so funny
It's HYSTERICAL

If it turns out that she's 1/512th or 1/1024th Cherokee, that's actually less Indian influence than the average white ameircan has. I didn't know that, but a geneticist was on TV last night and said that most of us, on average, have more Native American in us than 1/1024th.

And she couldn't leave it alone, and much of the reason why, as always, is Trump. She thought this joke of a test would convince everyone she was right, and he was a fool.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #51
Jim in CT

In a different but related subject, did anyone see the Hilary interview where she said Bills affair with Monica was "absolutely not" an abuse of his power?

Did any influential liberals call her out for that anti-victim statement? Nope.

Why didn't they? Because they don't really care about sexual abuse, any more than they really care about race. They only pretend to care about such things, when it's politically expedient for them to do so.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #52
spence

Quote:
Why didn't they? Because they don't really care about sexual abuse, any more than they really care about race. They only pretend to care about such things, when it's politically expedient for them to do so.
I saw several on the left question her comment. But...it was also a consensual relationship between two adults, unethical because of the power imbalance and adultery but a long way from sexual abuse there Jim.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I saw several on the left question her comment. But...it was also a consensual relationship between two adults, unethical because of the power imbalance and adultery but a long way from sexual abuse there Jim.
Who criticized Hilary, exactly?

Many feminists would say there is no such thing as consent between the president and a 22 year old intern. As you well know, age doesn't automatically guarantee consent. When the discrepancy in power is sufficient, there can be no consent, regardless of age. And other than teacher and student, it's hard to think of a more unequal balance of authority than between POTUS and intern.

How is it different from relations between a female teacher and a student who's an 18 year-old senior? Illegal in CT, because of the imbalance of power.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #54
spence

Quote:
Who criticized Hilary, exactly?

Many feminists would say there is no such thing as consent between the president and a 22 year old intern. As you well know, age doesn't automatically guarantee consent. When the discrepancy in power is sufficient, there can be no consent, regardless of age. And other than teacher and student, it's hard to think of a more unequal balance of authority than between POTUS and intern.

How is it different from relations between a female teacher and a student who's an 18 year-old senior? Illegal in CT, because of the imbalance of power.
I've seen several, hell even CNN was calling her out. If you go read the archives you won't find me ever claiming the relationship was ethical. Consent can be a gray area also. The CT example you cite was a 22 year old teacher and an 18 year old student. Again, not ethical but not nearly the same power imbalance. Going after her for sexual assault was a bit extreme if you ask me.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:05 PM   #55
Duke41
got gas?

I love what Trump has done. What I like to call good Trump. Bad or stupid Trump makes my skin crawl. Still glad I voted for him and I will again.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #56
FishermanTim

Saw a cartoon of a mosquito biting a hand with the caption"

"This is what 1/1054th looks like."

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 10-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #57
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	liz2.jpg
Views:	430