Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-20-2022, 04:22 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
For the average person living in Ct they are better off bc of more services. Some (you but not everyone is an actuary) it might not be. You can move to the "best" city (prob. liberal or close to a major liberal city) in a red state and pay to live in a town whose taxes are higher and has better schools. Salaries for many are higher in Ct bc of higher cost of living and I think the aver. higher sal. out weights the aver. higher tax burden.
what services, specifically, would
an average person need and get in CT, that they wouldn’t get in NH?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-20-2022, 06:32 PM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim, do you realize CT has a higher percentage of conservatives than NH which even has more liberals.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:56 PM   #63
wdmso

show me the data please, which says most people in all those areas work in Mass. Because you made it up.

About 16 Percent of New Hampshire Residents Work in Massachusetts
October 15, 2017

If you commute to Mass., you’ve got 123,000 colleagues

Commuter Central: New Hampshire Towns that Border Massachusetts
Friday, May 29th, 2020Verani Realty

Its only gotten worse. Do you ever do any research?

Ya ok keep believing in your fantasy

I live here

It’s the same for towns outside of Boston once commuter rail trains stations were built house prices doubled.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:31 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

MAGA y MAGA

Marjorie Taylor Greene: “There are so many people who don’t vote Republican because Republicans don’t do what they say.”
Old 07-20-2022, 08:46 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
show me the data please, which says most people in all those areas work in Mass. Because you made it up.

About 16 Percent of New Hampshire Residents Work in Massachusetts
October 15, 2017

If you commute to Mass., you’ve got 123,000 colleagues

Commuter Central: New Hampshire Towns that Border Massachusetts
Friday, May 29th, 2020Verani Realty

Its only gotten worse. Do you ever do any research?

Ya ok keep believing in your fantasy

I live here

It’s the same for towns outside of Boston once commuter rail trains stations were built house prices doubled.
you said “most” NH residents in the towns i mentioned ( including Bow, which is upstate), work in Mass.

is 16% “most”? are you that bad at math?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-20-2022 at 08:59 PM..
Old 07-21-2022, 04:52 AM   #66
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

what services, specifically,

leftists need a lot of services...
Old 07-21-2022, 04:54 AM   #67
scottw

Quote:

quality of life

quality of life is subjective....
Old 07-21-2022, 05:03 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
leftists need a lot of services...
but he can’t even say what they are.

people ate realizing that the blue states aren’t worth the cost. Telecommuting will exacerbate that.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:32 AM   #69
scottw

Quote:
but he can’t even say what they are.

people ate realizing that the blue states aren’t worth the cost. Telecommuting will exacerbate that.
like Starbucks
Old 07-21-2022, 08:05 AM   #70
wdmso

Quote:
you said “most” NH residents in the towns i mentioned ( including Bow, which is upstate), work in Mass.

is 16% “most”? are you that bad at math?

Like i said do you do any research
Bow is not up state

Why you would use this example it’s far from random ,

Bow NH has a massive population of 8299 is an hour from Boston and 94% white median home 446k. Total number of homes and apartments 2731

And from 2000 to 2001 total appreciation was 92.8 % There #1 in NH and 4th in the nation

Yep you destroyed the 15% of of NH residents commute to MA

Exeter is a medium-sized town located in the state of New Hampshire. With a population of 16,049 people and three constituent neighborhoods, Exeter is the 18th largest community in New Hampshire.

MEDIAN HOME VALUE:
$467,105

NUMBER OF HOMES AND APARTMENTS:

Since 2000:
2000 Q1 - 2022 Q1 101.62 TOTAL APPRECIATION And 2 nd in the state 5th in the nation

This is from NH government they also must be making stuff up! It’s always the case when your suggestion fall apart

Nearly all (94.6 percent) New Hampshire residents who commute out‐of‐state travel to work in one of the three bordering states.
 Among those New Hampshire residents who leave the state for work, 78.6 percent travel to Massachusetts, 8.5 percent travel to work in Vermont, and 7.5 percent travel to work in Maine.
 Just over 300 resident
Old 07-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Like i said do you do any research
Bow is not up state

Why you would use this example it’s far from random ,

Bow NH has a massive population of 8299 is an hour from Boston and 94% white median home 446k. Total number of homes and apartments 2731

And from 2000 to 2001 total appreciation was 92.8 % There #1 in NH and 4th in the nation

Yep you destroyed the 15% of of NH residents commute to MA

Exeter is a medium-sized town located in the state of New Hampshire. With a population of 16,049 people and three constituent neighborhoods, Exeter is the 18th largest community in New Hampshire.

MEDIAN HOME VALUE:
$467,105

NUMBER OF HOMES AND APARTMENTS:

Since 2000:
2000 Q1 - 2022 Q1 101.62 TOTAL APPRECIATION And 2 nd in the state 5th in the nation

This is from NH government they also must be making stuff up! It’s always the case when your suggestion fall apart

Nearly all (94.6 percent) New Hampshire residents who commute out‐of‐state travel to work in one of the three bordering states.
 Among those New Hampshire residents who leave the state for work, 78.6 percent travel to Massachusetts, 8.5 percent travel to work in Vermont, and 7.5 percent travel to work in Maine.
 Just over 300 resident
you said “most” in those towns work in Mass. then you posted that 16% work in Mass.

Is 16% most? or is it a small
minority?

you lied. and you showed us how mad you are at math.

you’re proving my point. places like Bow are booming because people
realize they don’t need to pay blue state taxes to have a great quality of life. Bow is proof of that.

you exactly made my point for
me, unless you can show that everyone in Bow works in Mass.

Bow is 70 miles from boston. i’d like to see you do that in an hour during rush hour. you got one thing right, it’s not upstate, i was wrong. everything else you got wrong.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-21-2022 at 08:17 AM..
Old 07-21-2022, 10:59 AM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim’s trying to prove his point by claiming that a state where every politician D or R takes the “Pledge” and that went Biden in 2020 is staunchly Republican.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Jim’s trying to prove his point by claiming that a state where every politician D or R takes the “Pledge” and that went Biden in 2020 is staunchly Republican.
NH has no state sales tax, and no state income tax. So i’m pretty comfortable saying the state there runs itself as a right leaning place. I never said it was OK or SC.

Yet they create a quality of life in NH that’s so desirable, that a tiny town there has one of the hottest real
estate markets in the country.

My point is this…you don’t always get what you pay for. The statistics that WDMSO posted prove my point precisely.

Naturally you responded to something that i never said. Because even as stupid as you are. you know i’m right.

What services are the “average” people living in NH not getting, that i get in CT thanks to the much higher taxes i pay?

none of you can name a single thing we get for that extra $$ in CT.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:24 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:

 Just over 300 resident
talk about moving the goalposts.

First you said most NH residents in those towns work in Mass.

Now you’re saying that among NH residents who work out of state, most work in a neighboring state.

No sh*t, Sherlock. I never said people in NH work in Alaska.

16% isn’t most wayne. it’s an exception, not the rule.

NH is a cheap place, yet people
want to live there.

Please name one liberal state that has nice towns to live in, with very low state and local taxes? Please name just one.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:16 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

New Hampshire

The Political Climate in New Hampshire is Leaning liberal.

In New Hampshire 52.7% of the people voted for the Democratic Party in the last presidential election, 45.4% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.9% voted for an Independent Party.

In the last Presidential election, New Hampshire remained moderately Democratic, 52.7% to 45.4%.
New Hampshire voted Democratic in the last five Presidential elections, after voting Republican in 2000

Old 07-21-2022, 03:45 PM   #76
PaulS

Quote:
what services, specifically, would
an average person need and get in CT, that they wouldn’t get in NH?
So you choose to ignore all the stats posted about red vs blue but want want me to compare 1 blue state with 1 purple?? state to try to prove disprove the volumes of stats presented.

You're an actuary (aren't you?). There are outliers for everything but the stats all show red states lag far behind blue states in almost all good categories and led in the bad categories.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:54 PM   #77
wdmso

Please name one liberal state that has nice towns to live in, with very low state and local taxes? Please name just one.

Yep still thinking people live where they live because of taxes and politics. But your not radicalized nope

realize they don’t need to pay blue state taxes to have a great quality of life. Bow is proof of that.

Like I said you live in a fantasy you were fed a town that you thought fit your narrative that has a whopping 2777 homes

Even my town with its 7100 homes in 2000 Q1 - 2022 Q1 had TOTAL APPRECIATION 127.65%

what’s the old saying a rising tide floats all boats
Old 07-21-2022, 04:39 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:

Yep still thinking people live where they live because of taxes and politics. But your not radicalized nope

Like I said you live in a fantasy you were fed a town that you thought fit your narrative that has a whopping 2777 homes

Even my town with its 7100 homes in 2000 Q1 - 2022 Q1 had TOTAL APPRECIATION 127.65%

what’s the old saying a rising tide floats all boats
Bow was one town. I also
mentioned hollis, brookline, bedford, amherst. i also could have mentioned any of the suburbs of charlotte or nashville.

can you name one town in. liberal state that’s a cheap place to live and offers a high quality of life? insulting me doesn’t answer the question.

people don’t move directly for politics. but they move for cost versus value. red places offer better value, you can it snet that americans believe that, if you look at where they’re moving to.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:32 AM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile the party that claims to be for freedom in the past week has:
- 209 House Republicans voted against abortion rights
- 205 House Republicans voted against protecting interstate travel for reproductive care
- 195 House Republicans voted against protecting contraception access
- 157 House Republicans voted against marriage equality
Old 07-22-2022, 05:45 AM   #80
scottw

Quote:

- 205 House Republicans voted against protecting interstate travel for reproductive care

wouldn't abortion be the exact opposite of reproductive care? just curious....could we start euthanizing old people and call it geriatric care? I read that Canada is going to start euthanizing people for mental illness...so that's what?...psychiatric care?
Old 07-22-2022, 06:07 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Meanwhile the party that claims to be for freedom in the past week has:
- 209 House Republicans voted against abortion rights
being opposed to infanticide, isn’t inconsistent with being for individual liberty.

Your simpleminded brain only allows you to look at this from the mother’s point of view. That’s clearly one point of view to consider. But there’s another point of view that’s also part of this

You’re callous enough to ignore the perspective of the innocent, defenseless baby. That’s your problem, not my problem.

Caring about protecting an in i ent baby, is in no way i consistent with conservatism

Given what’s likely about to happen to your side, perhaps you should be worried about what your side believes, and less worried about what my side believes

Here’s a true hypocrisy. The party that claims to care about choice, denies school choice. The party that claims to care about women, insists that they compete physically against men.
Old 07-22-2022, 06:51 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
being opposed to infanticide, isn’t inconsistent with being for individual liberty.

Your simpleminded brain only allows you to look at this from the mother’s point of view. That’s clearly one point of view to consider. But there’s another point of view that’s also part of this

You’re callous enough to ignore the perspective of the innocent, defenseless baby. That’s your problem, not my problem.

Caring about protecting an in i ent baby, is in no way i consistent with conservatism

Given what’s likely about to happen to your side, perhaps you should be worried about what your side believes, and less worried about what my side believes

Here’s a true hypocrisy. The party that claims to care about choice, denies school choice. The party that claims to care about women, insists that they compete physically against men.

Poor victim,
Left to your own, public education would end, transsexuals would be hung and GQP membership would be required for government employment.

The Trumplican party is far more extreme than Americans

205 House Republicans voted against protecting interstate travel for reproductive care

Trump is planning on being the 2024 candidate and can win the GQP primary
You ain’t seen nothing yet

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 07:01 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victim,
Left to your own, public education would end, transsexuals would be hung and GQP membership would be required for government employment.

The Trumplican party is far more extreme than Americans

205 House Republicans voted against protecting interstate travel for reproductive care

Trump is planning on being the 2024 candidate and can win the GQP primary
You ain’t seen nothing yet
im not a victim. my side is getting ready to pulverize your side. What did i say, that you could possibly infer as my playing the victim card? i mean, how could you possibly conclude that?

i agree 100% that trump running in 2024 would be bad for the gop.
Old 07-22-2022, 07:20 AM   #84
scottw

Quote:

Poor victim,

you really need some psychological counseling....
Old 07-22-2022, 07:21 AM   #85
scottw

Quote:

im not a victim.

what is GQP? just curious...sounds like pete believes you are a member....
Old 07-22-2022, 07:58 AM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
im not a victim. my side is getting ready to pulverize your side. What did i say, that you could possibly infer as my playing the victim card? i mean, how could you possibly conclude that?

i agree 100% that trump running in 2024 would be bad for the gop.
So you think we better run to the polls like Josh Hawley ran from the insurrection?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 08:13 AM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you really need some psychological counseling....
the voices he must hear…
Old 07-22-2022, 08:20 AM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you think we better run to the polls like Josh Hawley ran from the insurrection?
I think no matter what you do, your side is going to take a decent beating in 2022. and if polling is correct with regards to hispanics, your party really needs to go back to the drawing board. Huge numbers of hispanics are catholic, and actual devout catholics, not phony catholics like Biden. They do not like the demented social policies the left is shoving in our faces.

i’ve said a million times that if the left could nominate a normal, actual
moderate ( like the 1992 version of bill clinton), that person would
win 35+ states in a general election. that’s what america wants today.

But the DNC is a million miles to the left of that right now. that’s not what america wants.

it’s interesting. america liked obama ( for no good reason), but didn’t like his policies. America despised trump ( for perfectly valid reasons) but liked his policies. Trump wasn’t a crazy conservative. advocating for criminal justice reform was a liberal policy. but america wanted it.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:15 AM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m not as worried as you

Pennsylvania Lt. Governor John Fetterman has launched a petition seeking to induct Dr. Oz into the New Jersey State Hall of Fame.

Is there any doubt that if Josh Hawley was a passenger on Titanic, he would have shoved aside women and children to grab one of the first seats on a lifeboat?

Old 07-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m not as worried as you

Right. Your posts indicate nothing but confidence Pete.