Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-23-2022, 10:52 PM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

"One of the few Trumpists who seems to have really reckoned with what she participated in is Stephanie Grisham.... 'I don’t think I can rebrand; I think this will follow me forever,' she told Olivia Nuzzi last year. 'I believe that I was part of something unusually evil.'"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-24-2022, 05:03 AM   #122
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"One of the few Trumpists who seems to have really reckoned with what she participated in is Stephanie Grisham.... 'I don’t think I can rebrand; I think this will follow me forever,' she told Olivia Nuzzi last year. 'I believe that I was part of something unusually evil.'"
maybe get a job at MSNBC or CNN Plus.....well...maybe just MSNBC
Old 07-24-2022, 05:37 PM   #123
Pete F.
Canceled

Raise your hand 🖐️if it didn't take you four years of Trump’s presidency and a violent insurrection to figure out that Donald Trump is utterly unfit to be president.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:45 PM   #124
Pete F.
Canceled

Every Republican in Congress should be asked if they agree with Marjorie Taylor Greene that the Republican party is the Christian nationalist party.
Old 07-24-2022, 06:17 PM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:
Raise your hand 🖐️if it didn't take you four years of Trump’s presidency and a violent insurrection to figure out that Donald Trump is utterly unfit to be president.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/majori...-ago-poll/amp/
Old 07-24-2022, 11:38 PM   #126
Pete F.
Canceled

Donald Trump
Viktor Orban
Jair Bolsonaro
Vladimir Putin

This is not a coincidence.

The fight for freedom is global. The battle against tyranny needs a network of worldwide activists.

Are you ready?
Old 07-25-2022, 05:39 AM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
Donald Trump
Viktor Orban
Jair Bolsonaro
Vladimir Putin

This is not a coincidence.

The fight for freedom is global. The battle against tyranny needs a network of worldwide activists.

Are you ready?
Now you’re a worldwide activist against tyranny?

you’re tilting at windmills if you say today’s democrats want more individual liberty than today’s republicans. it’s absurd.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:30 AM   #128
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

you’re tilting at windmills if you say today’s democrats want more individual liberty than today’s republicans. it’s absurd.
Of the 26 states that will have or likely will ban abortion now, 18 of those states have anti-trans laws; 19 have passed greater voter restrictions laws; All 26 states have disproportionate amounts of infant mortality especially for Black women.
The states pushing abortion bans are the poorest in the union with the highest child poverty rates; All 26 states have passed or are considering state-wide bans on critical race theory.
All 26 states have Republican supermajority (13) or simple majority (13) which gives the power pass or veto any legislation; 11 did not expand Medicaid, most in the South where 56% of Black people live; 7 of the 13 states w/trigger laws viz overturning of Roe are from the confederacy.
11 of the states have anti-sanctuary laws against undocumented immigrants. All 26 states have anti-protest legislation. Most of the anti-abortion states rank in the 50 percentile for pre-K-12 education.
An average of 70 percent of people in in the 26 states go to church at least once a month. White Christian nationalism drives the spat of legislation that seeks to return the United States to a pre-Civil Rights movement era.
Aggrieved white boys like you have enabled every right wing attack and movement.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-25-2022, 07:58 AM   #129
wdmso

Quote:

you’re tilting at windmills if you say y
today’s democrats want more individual liberty than today’s republicans. it’s absurd.

And I’am the idiot ?

So you disagree Tyranny is bad for the world.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:05 AM   #130
Pete F.
Canceled

Trumplicans love tyranny, anything to “own the libs”
Old 07-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #131
wdmso

Claim that sex ed ‘grooms’ kids jolted Nebraska politics a year before it swept the nation
The unsubstantiated claim led to a backlash against sex ed that helped topple local Republican Party leaders and propelled a wave of far-right candidates for local and statewide school board

Yep GOP loves freedom

The unsubstantiated claim helped activate an army of self-described Nebraska patriots who rose up against the standards, took over the local Republican Party and propelled a wave of far-right candidates for local and statewide school boards, , these activists were part of a broader, anti-establishment insurgency that toppled leaders of the state Republican Party.

the claim that comprehensive sex ed amounts to grooming has simmered on the right for decades, often fanned by Christian conservatives who disapprove of same-sex relationships and favor home schooling and private schools over public education,

The Mind Polluters” Like 2000 mules was made to bolster the argument that modern sex education makes children more vulnerable to predators. Greenwald and candidates endorsed by a political committee she helped launch have promoted the film

Paul Hazard, a former state trooper who dubbed the proposed sex-ed standards “a pedophile’s dream,” was the top vote-getter in the May primary among eight candidates for the Kearney school board.

Vote for SHERRY!!! Helzer wants to groom your kids for pedophiles & traffickers,” one Jones supporter wrote on Facebook.

Yep Democratic’s are the problem in America . Not the lying and deceit fill Republicans
Old 07-25-2022, 08:36 AM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
Of the 26 states that will have or likely will ban abortion now, 18 of those states have anti-trans laws; 19 have passed greater voter restrictions laws; All 26 states have disproportionate amounts of infant mortality especially for Black women.
The states pushing abortion bans are the poorest in the union with the highest child poverty rates; All 26 states have passed or are considering state-wide bans on critical race theory.
All 26 states have Republican supermajority (13) or simple majority (13) which gives the power pass or veto any legislation; 11 did not expand Medicaid, most in the South where 56% of Black people live; 7 of the 13 states w/trigger laws viz overturning of Roe are from the confederacy.
11 of the states have anti-sanctuary laws against undocumented immigrants. All 26 states have anti-protest legislation. Most of the anti-abortion states rank in the 50 percentile for pre-K-12 education.
An average of 70 percent of people in in the 26 states go to church at least once a month. White Christian nationalism drives the spat of legislation that seeks to return the United States to a pre-Civil Rights movement era.
Aggrieved white boys like you have enabled every right wing attack and movement.
You’re saying abortion restrictions are tyrannical.

As i recall from history class, the tyrants were the ones who wanted to slaughter huge numbers of innocent human beings. you’re saying it’s tyrannical to oppose the wholesale slaughter of tens of millions of innocents.

Have fun with that.

Pete, every criminal law on the books, limits choices women can make. Every single law. And we're all OK with that.

Every sane person opposes murder. our only point of disagreement, is the status of the baby. your side refuses to discuss that.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-25-2022 at 08:53 AM..
Old 07-25-2022, 09:59 AM   #133
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You’re saying abortion restrictions are tyrannical.

As i recall from history class, the tyrants were the ones who wanted to slaughter huge numbers of innocent human beings. you’re saying it’s tyrannical to oppose the wholesale slaughter of tens of millions of innocents.

Have fun with that.

Pete, every criminal law on the books, limits choices women can make. Every single law. And we're all OK with that.

Every sane person opposes murder. our only point of disagreement, is the status of the baby. your side refuses to discuss that.
Republicans want a nationwide abortion ban with no exceptions.

You’re really trying to convince us that the God who murdered Bathsheba’s newborn, killed all the firstborn sons of Egypt, sent bears to murder little children, commanded Joshua to kill all the children in Jericho, now suddenly cares about “unborn babies.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-25-2022, 10:25 AM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republicans want a nationwide abortion ban with no exceptions.

You’re really trying to convince us that the God who murdered Bathsheba’s newborn, killed all the firstborn sons of Egypt, sent bears to murder little children, commanded Joshua to kill all the children in Jericho, now suddenly cares about “unborn babies.”
that’s not what all republicans want.

what’s the longest you can go without lying?

how about saying pro lifers want a stop to the wholesale slaughter of unborn babies?

You seem very dedicated to framing the issue in a stupid way, and like everyone else on your side, you’re doing it because you know an honest discussion of the baby makes your position look barbaric.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:43 AM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

Honest people realize that this issue is one of many that MAGA Republicans want
First no abortion for any cause, no birth control, no marriage unless between man and woman and eliminate Social Security and Medicare.
All proposed by leading Republicans
Old 07-25-2022, 11:01 AM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
Honest people realize that this issue is one of many that MAGA Republicans want
First no abortion for any cause, no birth control, no marriage unless between man and woman and eliminate Social Security and Medicare.
All proposed by leading Republicans
Got any data, any at all, to support the notion that Republicans want to do away with birth control?

There's a big, big chasm between what you claim I believe, and what I believe.

Again, you lie about what we believe, because even you know you'd have a tough time debating what we actually believe.

You left out killing the environment, we all want to destroy the planet.

Makes you wonder why so many people are moving to republican states.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:39 AM   #137
wdmso

This Republican embraced gun control. It ended his political career.

Jacobs, a first-term member of Congress who represents a district near Buffalo, would become a cautionary tale about the politics of guns in the Republican Party. Officials who had endorsed Jacobs swiftly withdrew their support. Gun rights groups accused him of betrayal. Donald Trump Jr. said Jacobs had “caved to the gun-grabbers.”

A Republican being honest . Supported on a Monday on Tuesday he’s a sell out! Seems to be a trend in the lying GOP .. and if taking away brith control gets them votes they’ll do it and not even care ..

Jim keep clinging to that GOP lifeboat that ship has sunk ! The GOP and it’s voters now live on fantasy Island we’re lies are sold as truth and if you speak the truth you’re a Heretic
Old 07-25-2022, 01:01 PM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Got any data, any at all, to support the notion that Republicans want to do away with birth control?

There's a big, big chasm between what you claim I believe, and what I believe.

Again, you lie about what we believe, because even you know you'd have a tough time debating what we actually believe.

You left out killing the environment, we all want to destroy the planet.

Makes you wonder why so many people are moving to republican states.
Three days ago, 96% of House Republicans voted against people having the freedom to use contraceptives.

So in your argument for why, are you also going to suggest we should have left slavery to be decided at the state level. You know, federalism

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-25-2022, 01:42 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
Three days ago, 96% of House Republicans voted against people having the freedom to use contraceptives.

So in your argument for why, are you also going to suggest we should have left slavery to be decided at the state level. You know, federalism
And if you did 5 seconds of honest research, you'd see that the GOP in the house isn't opposed to contraception, they were opposed to the wording of this bill, which would have included non-FDA approved drugs, as well as possibly allowing for the use of chemical abortion drugs, and could also override the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

The GOP is not opposed to contraception, again, how long can you go without lying?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...s/10118075002/
Old 07-25-2022, 01:44 PM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jim keep clinging to that GOP lifeboat that ship has sunk ! The GOP and it’s voters now live on fantasy Island
Again, it makes you wonder, then, why so many Americans are fleeing blue states for red states.

The GOP ship has sunk! Yes, the GOP is doomed in November. Doomed.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:51 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:

So in your argument for why, are you also going to suggest we should have left slavery to be decided at the state level.
(1) your side wanted slavery decided at the state level. My side sacrificed hundreds of thousands of lives to stop it.

(2) slavery was obviously unconstitutional. Abortion restrictions are pretty obviously not unconstitutional.

(3) the supreme court upheld slavery and segregation, those stupid decisions were eventually overturned. Your side is now saying that precedent should be respected, so are you saying it was wrong for future courts to do away with slavery and segregation (championed, again, by your side)? Is it always wrong to overturn precedents? That's what your side is saying now, that it's wrong to overturn precedents.

I can literally feel your tin foil hat getting tighter, and I can literally hear the voices in your head getting louder and angrier. Probably going to be a rough few months for you.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #142
Pete F.
Canceled

Once again you missed American Political history.
Just keep thinking today’s Trumplican party is the party of Lincoln and that Atwater’s southern strategy never happened.

But sure Jim, let’s see if Tweety destroys the Republican Party as I said he would years ago.
You’ve certainly flip flopped about your hero.

Donald Trump could cost the Republican Party control of Congress if he announces a presidential bid before the midterm elections in November, GOP pollster Frank Luntz said.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
oys the Republican Party as I said he would years ago.

Donald Trump could cost the Republican Party control of Congress if he announces a presidential bid before the midterm elections in November, GOP pollster Frank Luntz said.
I've flip flopped on Trump? Well, I guess you can't go 2 seconds without lying. I've said from day 1 that he's amorally bankrupt reptile, a vindictive, immature jerk, who nonetheless implemented policies that people actually like (he broke the record in the Gallup poll asking Americans if they're better off after 4 years of his presidency, how else would you interpret that?).

"Donald Trump could cost the Republican Party control of Congress if he announces a presidential bid before the midterm elections in November, GOP pollster Frank Luntz said."

Oh, I agree with that. I have always said I hope he doesn't run again. So I have no clue what you're responding to.

Could you please tell me, how I've flip flopped on Trump?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-25-2022 at 02:32 PM..
Old 07-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #144
Jim in CT

Quote:
Once again you missed American Political history.
Just keep thinking today’s Trumplican party is the party of Lincoln and that Atwater’s southern strategy never happened.

But sure Jim, let’s see if Tweety destroys the Republican Party as I said he would years ago.

You also dodged the question on overturning supreme court precedents. Are you ever OK with overturning supreme court precedents? Because after Roe got overruled, the reaction from the left was outrage that they overturned a precedent. Not that their opinion was legally wrong, but merely that they overturned precedent
Old 07-25-2022, 02:35 PM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You also dodged the question on overturning supreme court precedents. Are you ever OK with overturning supreme court precedents? Because after Roe got overruled, the reaction from the left was outrage that they overturned a precedent. Not that their opinion was legally wrong, but merely that they overturned precedent
In addition to being legally wrong, all of the radical right wing justices said in their hearings before Congress that Roe was settled law.
I expected no less from the Christian Nationalist Court.
They also stated that other settled law should be looked at also.
You won’t worry about it till they come after special education and associated entitlements.
Because states rights

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-25-2022, 02:42 PM   #146
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I've flip flopped on Trump? Well, I guess you can't go 2 seconds without lying. I've said from day 1 that he's amorally bankrupt reptile, a vindictive, immature jerk, who nonetheless implemented policies that people actually like (he broke the record in the Gallup poll asking Americans if they're better off after 4 years of his presidency, how else would you interpret that?).

"Donald Trump could cost the Republican Party control of Congress if he announces a presidential bid before the midterm elections in November, GOP pollster Frank Luntz said."

Oh, I agree with that. I have always said I hope he doesn't run again. So I have no clue what you're responding to.

Could you please tell me, how I've flip flopped on Trump?
Scrub all you want, you’ll never get the Trump stench off.

Morals don’t matter, do they?

Next you’ll explain again how Trump supported NATO, even though at his rally he said as president he told European NATO allies that he would not come to their defense if they were invaded by Russia. “That’s right, I will not come to your defense,” he says he told our allies. The audience cheered.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-25-2022, 03:00 PM   #147
Jim in CT

Quote:
In addition to being legally wrong, all of the radical right wing justices said in their hearings before Congress that Roe was settled law.
I expected no less from the Christian Nationalist Court.
They also stated that other settled law should be looked at also.
You won’t worry about it till they come after special education and associated entitlements.
Because states rights
"In addition to being legally wrong,"

Not exactly a lot of substance there, as to why it's legally wrong. Because you can't provide any substance as to why it's not legally wrong.

"all of the radical right wing justices said in their hearings before Congress that Roe was settled law."

Did any of them pledge never, under any circumstances, to overturn any historical precedents? Sorry, it was Ginsburg who started the practice of refusing to make those specific promises, and every single nominee after her has said the same thing.

Since you keep dodging, I'll ask for the 3rd time...are you ever OK with overturning supreme court precedents? Or is it "settled law" every time the SCOTUS makes a ruling? Or is it only settled law when they make a ruling you happen to like?

"They also stated that other settled law should be looked at also."

If they believe that previous settled law was settled incorrectly according to the constitution, then it's their job to consider hearing it. There oath isn't to upholding precedent, it's to preserving the constitution.

"You won’t worry about it till they come after special education and associated entitlements."

I have a special needs kid, I'm very content with the feds staying completely out of his education, and letting those decisions be made locally.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:01 PM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
Scrub all you want, you’ll never get the Trump stench off.

Morals don’t matter, do they?

Next you’ll explain again how Trump supported NATO, even though at his rally he said as president he told European NATO allies that he would not come to their defense if they were invaded by Russia. “That’s right, I will not come to your defense,” he says he told our allies. The audience cheered.
For the second time now, when did I flip flop on Trump? Or did you lie and make that up?
Old 07-25-2022, 03:12 PM   #149
wdmso

Quote:
Again, it makes you wonder, then, why so many Americans are fleeing blue states for red states.

The GOP ship has sunk! Yes, the GOP is doomed in November. Doomed.
Can you find some new material? Please!!!
Old 07-25-2022, 03:14 PM   #150
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Can you find some new material? Please!!!
why find new material, when i can stop you dead in your tracks with a stupidly simple question.

sorry, we can’t all be as original
as you. we never know which side of the issue you’re going to come down on. never.