Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-10-2022, 06:10 PM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Easy answer, when this crazy mother fu*ker who the GOP worships as their savior, either gets convicted of the crimes he has committed or he decides he won’t run in 24. You may be a sarcastic and snarky bastard, but even you can understand that. Unless of course you are in the crazy camp, thinking Trump actually won and the FBI and DOJ are part of the deep state out to get him.
wow...cranky little man
Old 08-10-2022, 06:13 PM   #62
scottw

Quote:
Really Jim, in this fu*ked up political environment, you think the FBI, the DOJ and certainly the AG, would raid a former president without cause?
leftist like raids....especially with lots of military style assault weapons and when really old people are their target....
Old 08-10-2022, 06:35 PM   #63
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wow...cranky little man
Were you looking in the mirror, step up on a stool fool it will make you look bigger; at least in your own eyes.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:44 PM   #64
scottw

Quote:
Were you looking in the mirror, step up on a stool fool it will make you look bigger; at least in your own eyes.
cranky internet tough guy
Old 08-10-2022, 07:03 PM   #65
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Donald Trump has a copy of the warrant and should release the reason it was authorized.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
why?...the pressure is on garland & co to explain this,,, I heard brandon still doesn't know anything about it, he's still trying to shake hands with schumer again
Old 08-10-2022, 09:35 PM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Today, federal, state and local law enforcement will execute thousands of search warrants based on probable cause at people’s homes and businesses. Not one Republican elected official will say a word about any of them.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:19 AM   #67
wdmso

Quote:
leftist like raids....especially with lots of military style assault weapons and when really old people are their target....
Policy not age determines what’s required

Ps get back to us when they shoot said old person

I thought military assault weapons weren’t scary.

It’s odd only Republicans and conservatives feel they should be searched and arrested differently then the citizens around them.

Last edited by wdmso; 08-11-2022 at 01:31 AM..
Old 08-11-2022, 01:27 AM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
why?...the pressure is on garland & co to explain this,,, I heard brandon still doesn't know anything about it, he's still trying to shake hands with schumer again

No it’s not on Garland to explain anything. It’s called an investigation

Trump won’t release the warrant because he’s already fund raising off the search 5 mins after it the news . And he know his faithful will shower him with cash

Eric Trump boasts of record fundraising for ex-president after FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago residence

MAR-A-LAGO was RAIDED,” Trump texted his supporters on Tuesday morning. “The Radical Left is corrupt. Return the power to the people! Will you fight with me? Donate.”

Trump’s pick for Senate in Ohio, JD Vance, offered: “This is NOT a DRILL. Joe Biden is ATTACKING President Trump for STANDING UP for US, It’s time we show we have President Trump’s back! Act here.” The message provided a link to donate.

It all sounds l
very dystopian

Buy the faithful don’t reside in reality
Old 08-11-2022, 06:30 AM   #69
Jim in CT

wdmso you’re right, they have no obligation to reveal anything.

But this is an organization that has gone out of its way to get americans to distrust them. AG Eric Holder said “I’m Obama’s wingman”, which is an explicit, overt statement that the DOJ is now politicized. The IRS targeted conservatives. The FBI lied to a FISA court to kick off the russian hoax. They threatened to go after parents who speak up at school board meetings. They buried the Hunter Biden facts.

If your goal was to stir up the crazies on the right, this is exactly how i’d do it. It’s precisely how i’d do it.

This doesn’t mean that they didn’t have perfectly legitimate reasons to search trumps home. But there’s a pattern here of using the DOJ as a club against the right. America doesn’t care if you refuse to concede that pattern.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:07 AM   #70
PaulS

The Trump appointed Wray agrees with Hillary:

Christopher Wray, who was appointed as the agency’s director in 2017 by Trump, called threats circulating online against federal agents and the Justice Department “deplorable and dangerous.”
Old 08-11-2022, 07:17 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Trump appointed Wray agrees with Hillary:

Christopher Wray, who was appointed as the agency’s director in 2017 by Trump, called threats circulating online against federal agents and the Justice Department “deplorable and dangerous.”
threats are indeed deplorable
And dangerous. has anyone disagreed?

That same Christopher Wray, said he finds it “deeply troubling” the way FBI agents swept the hunter biden affair under the rug.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...ation-00049922

Old 08-11-2022, 07:30 AM   #72
PaulS

What did Hillary say 1/2 of the Repub. are in a basket of deplorables?
Old 08-11-2022, 07:38 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
What did Hillary say 1/2 of the Repub. are in a basket of deplorables?
yeah she did say it, and many say it cost her the election.

summer of love, who committed all that violence? republicans? the tea party?

no shortage of extremists on either side paul.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:20 AM   #74
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Posted from my
iPhone/Mobile device
Hmmm last I heard every single mass shooting was done by a white male alt right conservative.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:22 AM   #75
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Then you may want to pay attention to the news a little more
Old 08-11-2022, 08:25 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Hmmm last I heard every single mass shooting was done by a white male alt right conservative.
(1) are those the only crimes in the world? the people burning cities in the summer of 2020, those weren’t liberal lunatics?

(2) as TDF said, your facts are wrong.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:29 AM   #77
PaulS

Quote:

How do you know it was all Dems? BC a lot of them were Black?
Old 08-11-2022, 08:56 AM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

The far right has taken control of the Republican Party
They use terror to do it, for instance.

Michigan Rep. Peter Meijer wrote shortly after the attack about a fellow representative who bowed to the terrorists’ demands (and “terrorist” is the right word for someone who uses or threatens violence to influence politics):

My colleague told me that efforts to overturn the election were wrong, and that voting to certify was a constitutional duty. But my colleague feared for family members, and the danger the vote would put them in. Profoundly shaken, my colleague voted to overturn. An angry mob succeeded in threatening at least one member of Congress from performing what that member understood was a constitutional responsibility.

This domestic terrorist threat has increased over the past years, starting from the Oklahoma bombing it’s continually grown.
From this thread content I can see that people know about Wray’s statement.
The suggestion that the DOJ and FBI should be driven by terrorist’s demands is comical.
What other terrorist group has the US government conceded to?

Here’s the FBI definition of domestic terrorism

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

If you want to claim “they didn’t do it yet” the act of threatening is a crime and for good reason.

A violent crime, violent felony, crime of violence or crime of a violent nature is a crime in which an offender or perpetrator uses or threatens to use harmful force upon a victim. This entails both crimes in which the violent act is the objective, such as murder, assault, rape and assassination, as well as crimes in which violence is used as a method of coercion or show of force, such as robbery, extortion and terrorism. Violent crimes may, or may not, be committed with weapons.

But Hunter, Hillary and race riots…..🤡s
Old 08-11-2022, 09:24 AM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump is the person who revealed MAL had been searched.

The FBI went in plainclothes, after informing the SS.

Trump has a copy of the search warrant that lists the crimes they are investigating.
He has the inventory of what was seized.

Trump is the one withholding that information.

Why won't Trump tell us if he's under investigation for violating the Espionage Act?

Did the warrant list 18 USC 793? Yes, or no.

Your leader is a crook, a conman and you’re his marks.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:26 AM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
How do you know it was all Dems? BC a lot of them were Black?
So you don't concede that BLM and Antifa are mostly on the left. Yet you know that everyone threatening the FBI is a conservative.

I forgot what a treat it is to talk to you.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:47 AM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

In June 2020, the think tank Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) assembled a database of 893 terrorism incidents in the United States beginning in 1994.[19][58][259] An analysis of the database conducted by The Guardian in July 2020 found no murders linked to antifa or anti-fascism since 1994. According to The Guardian, the only death resulting from an anti-fascist attack recorded in the database was that of Willem van Spronsen, who was shot dead by police while allegedly firebombing a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center in Tacoma, Washington. In contrast, the study highlighted the fact that 329 people were killed by American white supremacists or other right-wing extremists during the same period. The Guardian quoted Heidi Beirich, a co-founder of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism, as saying that "Antifa is not going around murdering people like rightwing extremists are. It's a false equivalence. I've at times been critical of antifa for getting into fights with Nazis at rallies and that kind of violence, but I can't think of one case in which an antifa person was accused of murder." Seth Jones, a counter-terrorism expert who led the creation of the CSIS's database, told The Guardian that "[l]eftwing violence has not been a major terrorism threat" and that "the most significant domestic terrorism threat comes from white supremacists, anti-government militias and a handful of individuals associated with the 'boogaloo' movement that are attempting to create a civil war in the United States."[19]

The CSIS database was updated in October 2020 to include the suspected killing of Aaron Danielson by Michael Reinoehl.[260] In September 2020, when the investigation was still ongoing, Brian Levin said that if Reinoehl was implicated, it would mark the first case in recent history of an antifa supporter being charged with homicide.[261] Reinoehl was charged by Portland police with second-degree murder and was later was shot and killed by a federally led fugitive task force near Lacey, Washington.[262][263] Reinoehl was not associated with Rose City Antifa or the Portland-based anti-fascist organization Popular Mobilization.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:52 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
(1) are those the only crimes in the world? the people burning cities in the summer of 2020, those weren’t liberal lunatics?

(2) as TDF said, your facts are wrong.
Your facts are wrong

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-helped...ry?id=72051536

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-11-2022, 10:01 AM   #83
PaulS

Quote:
So you don't concede that BLM and Antifa are mostly on the left. Yet you know that everyone threatening the FBI is a conservative.

I forgot what a treat it is to talk to you.
Then don't respond. I am clear in voicing what I think of you.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:04 AM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In June 2020, the think tank Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) assembled a database of 893 terrorism incidents in the United States beginning in 1994.[19][58][259] An analysis of the database conducted by The Guardian in July 2020 found no murders linked to antifa or anti-fascism since 1994. According to The Guardian, the only death resulting from an anti-fascist attack recorded in the database was that of Willem van Spronsen, who was shot dead by police while allegedly firebombing a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center in Tacoma, Washington. In contrast, the study highlighted the fact that 329 people were killed by American white supremacists or other right-wing extremists during the same period. The Guardian quoted Heidi Beirich, a co-founder of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism, as saying that "Antifa is not going around murdering people like rightwing extremists are. It's a false equivalence. I've at times been critical of antifa for getting into fights with Nazis at rallies and that kind of violence, but I can't think of one case in which an antifa person was accused of murder." Seth Jones, a counter-terrorism expert who led the creation of the CSIS's database, told The Guardian that "[l]eftwing violence has not been a major terrorism threat" and that "the most significant domestic terrorism threat comes from white supremacists, anti-government militias and a handful of individuals associated with the 'boogaloo' movement that are attempting to create a civil war in the United States."[19]

The CSIS database was updated in October 2020 to include the suspected killing of Aaron Danielson by Michael Reinoehl.[260] In September 2020, when the investigation was still ongoing, Brian Levin said that if Reinoehl was implicated, it would mark the first case in recent history of an antifa supporter being charged with homicide.[261] Reinoehl was charged by Portland police with second-degree murder and was later was shot and killed by a federally led fugitive task force near Lacey, Washington.[262][263] Reinoehl was not associated with Rose City Antifa or the Portland-based anti-fascist organization Popular Mobilization.
"The Guardian in July 2020 found no murders linked to antifa or anti-fascism since 1994."

5 Dallas cops killed at a BLM rally by a shooter who admitted he hwas mad that cops routinely kill black men (which side spews that bile, remind me?).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_s...olice_officers

NOBODY was murdered during the ANTIFA riots of 2020? Not one person?
Old 08-11-2022, 10:11 AM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
Then don't respond. I am clear in voicing what I think of you.
"Then don't respond"

I can both respond and point out the absurdity.

"I am clear in voicing what I think of you"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noonecares.png
Views:	46
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	69089  
Old 08-11-2022, 10:12 AM   #86
PaulS

It seems like you care enough to respond to pretty much every post.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:13 AM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
It seems like you care enough to respond to pretty much every post.
i care about pointing out lies. Not one person here cares what you think about me. Not a one.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:28 AM   #88
PaulS

Quote:
i care about pointing out lies. Not one person here cares what you think about me. Not a one.
How did I lie?
Old 08-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #89
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Tough week for the orange man, FBI raid and then having to sit for eight hours and take the fifth 440 times, I’m sure his team is working on some new catchy hat slogans because you can never have enough clever ways to cash grab from the faithful fools.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:32 AM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"The Guardian in July 2020 found no murders linked to antifa or anti-fascism since 1994."

5 Dallas cops killed at a BLM rally by a shooter who admitted he hwas mad that cops routinely kill black men (which side spews that bile, remind me?).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_s...olice_officers

NOBODY was murdered during the ANTIFA riots of 2020? Not one person?
Now race riots are Antifa?

Following the murder of Floyd, unrest broke out in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul area on May 26, and quickly spread across the country and the world. Polls have estimated that between 15 million and 26 million people have participated at some point in the demonstrations in the United States, making them the LARGEST protests in United States history. It was also estimated that between May 26 and August 22, around 93% of protests were "peaceful and nondestructive". According to several studies and analyses, protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful.

So of the roughly 20 MILLION protesters, 14,000 were arrested, 19 people died and between 400 and 2000 police officers and a unknown number of civilians were injured.

Tell me how Trumplicans support our men and women in uniform — unless you’re a Capitol Police officer, a veteran exposed to burn pits, or a police officer having to face teenagers with AR-15s, or an FBI agent, or . . .

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin