Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #481
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Majority of Americans continue to favor moving away from Electoral College

Only in Jim’s world these aren’t really REAL Americans. How could they be. It’s clear their against the constitution. Because they clearly see the electoral college has seen it’s time in the sun and with population growth and decades of Republicans gerrymandering it needs to get tweaked or just go into the trash bin of outdated ideas

But we know the only reason Republicans like the electoral college is it’s the only way they can win an election. It’s has nothing to do with love of the constitution

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...toral-college/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
then follow the prescribed steps to
amend the constitution, or live with it.

it’s not the only way republicans can win. but republicans have ( in the past few elections) done a better job of figuring out how to campaign effectively to reflect the realities of the electoral college. Hilary spent all
her time in NY and CA and ignored the midwest. Whose fault is that? If she’s too stupid to grasp what the electoral college does, she’s probably not smart enough to be potus

The GOP campaigns the way it does specifically because of electoral realities. democrats haven’t responded as well to electoral realities because elites don’t like the unwashed losers in flyover country.

all democrats have to do, to do better with the electoral college, is spend time in the middle of the country and make their case to those people. When all you do is hang with the swells on both coasts, you run the risk of losing because of electoral math.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #482
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the electoral college is in the constitution. i’d be very very interested to hear your explanation of why it’s un- american to support that which is in the constitution.

if you feel the need to expose yourself to young girls
who aren’t asking for a peek, that’s your issue Pete.

when did McConnell change the number of justices on the supreme court? i must have missed that.

Counting some people as 3/5ths of a person is in the original Constitution, are we now not allowed to amend the Constitution, or do you think Democrats have magical powers?

You don’t need to project your sick fantasies on me or anyone else. Every single human being goes to the bathroom, if you find it sexually exciting that’s on you.

McConnell played plenty of games within the rules and outside the conventional boundaries.

We have currently have two parties.

One is anti-democracy, anti-truth, and anti-rule of law.

The other is sometimes inept and foolish, with some fringe illiberal elements--but basically committed to the institutions and norms of liberal democracy and a free society.

It's not a tough choice.

Last edited by Pete F.; 08-21-2022 at 01:36 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2022, 02:41 PM   #483
wdmso

then follow the prescribed steps to
amend the constitution, or live with it.

Seems Republicans should take your advice. And stop trying to steal elections via gerrymandering restrictions on voting voting in election deniers and actually trying to steal the last election.

Ps Congress may submit a proposed constitutional amendment to the states, if the proposed amendment language is approved by a two-thirds vote of both houses.

But we all ready know why republicans will all vote no
Old 08-21-2022, 04:43 PM   #484
wdmso

Just saw an interview with chad wolf couldn’t admit Biden won the election fair and square

Then went on to say Americans don’t trust the election system.

No kidding thats whathappens when you and the POTUS lie 24x7 about election fraud So Republicans think the election was stolen

And Dem don’t Trust republicans as honest stewards of our national elections . Seeing their leader just actually tried to steal the election . And refuse to admit that’s what happened

He refused
To admit fraud played no part in Biden’s win

Y
Old 08-22-2022, 05:25 AM   #485
scottw

Quote:

He refused
To admit fraud played no part in Biden’s win

81,282,916 votes for the worst candidate in American presidential history....yeah, probably nothing to see there

maybe we should waterboard him until he admits what you want him to admit....I'm sure we could justify it under "threat to democracy"
Old 08-22-2022, 05:37 AM   #486
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
81,282,916 votes for the worst candidate in American presidential history....yeah, probably nothing to see there
74,223,369 for a dreadful incumbent POTUS candidate, so yea, just the choice between rock and hard place + a lot of anti-trump enthusiasm driving people to the polls....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-22-2022, 05:59 AM   #487
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

driving people to the polls....
Old 08-22-2022, 06:30 AM   #488
Jim in CT

Quote:
74,223,369 for a dreadful incumbent POTUS candidate, so yea, just the choice between rock and hard place + a lot of anti-trump enthusiasm driving people to the polls....
trump is a dreadful
human being without question.

his policies? he broke the record in the pill gallup does every 4 years during presidential elections, where they ask americans if they feel better off after 4 years of the incumbent. In the summer of 2020, at the height of the pandemic, more
americans said they were better off after 4 years of trump, than for
any other president in the history of the poll.

America hated trump. But they liked his policies. This is why the left hates and is terrified of Desantis. The upside of trump without the downside ( very few have trumps downside).
Old 08-22-2022, 06:58 AM   #489
scottw

Quote:

trump is a dreadful

if you think about it, it actually worked out pretty good,....if trump had won, democrats would still be burning down cities and destroying innocent people's lives in their anger....with dark brandon pulling out the most remarkable victory of all time...we just got a couple hours of mayhem at the Capitol
Old 08-22-2022, 07:03 AM   #490
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
trump is a dreadful

his policies? he broke the record in the pill gallup does every 4 years during presidential elections, where they ask americans if they feel better off after 4 years of the incumbent. In the summer of 2020, at the height of the pandemic, more

America hated trump. But they liked his policies. This is why the left hates and is terrified of Desantis. The upside of trump without the downside ( very few have trumps downside).
You are right. That poll stated that, but the same time, Gallup had his approval rating at 44%.

Trump rode in on a wave of good stock market trends (which continued), good unemployment trends (which continued) and a host of other economic indicators. I think most Americans would say they were better off economically, but most also (correctly) probably didn't attribute to Trump.

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-22-2022, 07:08 AM   #491
wdmso

Quote:

maybe we should waterboard him until he admits what you want him to admit....I'm sure we could justify it under "threat to democracy"
Wow you are farther down the rabbit hole than I thought. Seek help
Old 08-22-2022, 07:09 AM   #492
wdmso

Quote:
trump is a dreadful

America hated trump. But they liked his policies.

No they didn’t just another right wing fantasy
Old 08-22-2022, 07:20 AM   #493
Jim in CT

Quote:

fine. then explain why he has the all-time record in that gallup poll. otherwise you have no idea why you’re saying what you’re saying.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:23 AM   #494
Jim in CT

Quote:

how long had liberals been asking for criminal justice reform? and why didn’t obama deliver it when the democrats controlled both the house and the senate?

It took Trump to do it. That was one policy i personally hated ( i don’t think high level drug dealers are ever non violent criminals), but he even delivered for the left. not that you could ever admit it.

he knew how to deliver. He’s just hard wired to be a vindictive, lying, narcissistic baby.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:26 AM   #495
scottw

Quote:

Gallup had his approval rating at 44%.

Pete, MSNBC,CNN,ABC,CBS,NBC,NPR,NYTIMES,WASHPO..etc...et c........
dedicated 24 hours a day/7days a week for I guess six plus years now telling America how and why to hate trump(some true, much untrue)......probably not reflected in any of the polls.....

practically a "cult" of hate.....
Old 08-22-2022, 07:27 AM   #496
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are right. That poll stated that, but the same time, Gallup had his approval rating at 44%.

Trump rode in on a wave of good stock market trends (which continued), good unemployment trends (which continued) and a host of other economic indicators. I think most Americans would say they were better off economically, but most also (correctly) probably didn't attribute to Trump.
correct. you’re proving my point, not refuting it. america liked his policies, they just hated him
personally.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:33 AM   #497
Jim in CT

Quote:

ok. so trump didnt do anything different with the economy , he just sat back and rode the obama wave? THATS what you’re saying?

He didn’t cut personal taxes, annihilate corporate income taxes, eliminate what he thought were wasteful regulations, he didn’t fund economic opportunity zones in struggling urban areas, he didn’t incentivize companies to bring back massive sums of cash that were overseas? he didn’tdo any of that?

Et tu Bryan? Et tu? I thought you were the one single lefty here who was pretty honest, even about things that didn’t specifically serve your agenda.

Some scientist you are.

Here’s what happened. Trump obviously inherited a roaring economy. Then he did the things he did, which had the effect of pouring gasoline on the economic fire. Whether you happen to like it or not, that’s what happened. He did things very differently from obama, and it worked until we voluntarily chose to shut the economy down.

TDS claims another.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:40 AM   #498
scottw

Quote:

ok. so trump didnt do anything different with the economy , he just sat back and rode the obama wave?

this is accurate....and now Biden is doing all these great things that actually flowed from obama, somehow survived trump..... and now Americans are happier than ever again...lalalala....if we can just prevent the fascists from destroying our democracy
Old 08-22-2022, 07:43 AM   #499
PaulS

He’s a pathological liar, according to Republican Ted Cruz.

He’s a fake, a fraud, and a con-man, according to Republican Mitt Romney.

He convinced 81 percent of white evangelical Christian voters to throw Jesus under the bus to vote for a man who bragged about grabbing women “by the pussy.”

He fired the acting Attorney General in a Monday Night Massacre because she determined that the president’s executive order on immigration was constitutionally indefensible.

He’s created an environment in which a southern white man can shut down a northeastern white woman while she’s reading from the floor of the Senate the cautionary words of a heroic southern black woman about a southern white man, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, who was deemed too racist to be a federal judge in 1986.

He disrespects duly-appointed, Senate-confirmed federal magistrates: “so-called judges.”

He’s offended our friends and allies, treating the Mexican and Australian governments in much the same way he’s treated John McCain and Megyn Kelly and a disabled reporter and Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz and the Gold Star Khan Family and Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio and Rosie O’Donnell.

He hasn’t, as far as we know, paid federal income taxes in years, bragging that it’s smart on his part — meaning it’s dumb on our part to do so, thereby undermining citizen investment in shared governance. Nor has he released federal tax returns, as other presidential candidates have for the last 40 years.

His wife in New York City, his weekly trips to Mar-a-Lago, and his gallivanting children are costing us a fortune.

He’s sloppy with national security. Proof: Michael Flynn.

He’s given us a Secretary of Education who was born into and married into a billionaire family, has never attended a public school or taught in a public school, never taken out a student loan or applied for a Pell Grant, or even much supported our public schools.

He nominated a labor secretary (now withdrawn) who took advantage of an undocumented worker, pays his fast-food employees a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty wage, and wants to replace humans with robots because they don’t take vacation days.

He’s put together an administration of the wealthy, by the wealthy, and for the wealthy.

He’s not kept his campaign promise to release documents and even hold a press conference to prove that the third Mrs. Trump never worked in the US illegally. (We know she lied about having a college degree and — knowingly or not — plagiarized part of Michelle Obama’s DNC speech.)

He said he’d negotiate lower drug prices from pharmaceutical companies. Now he says he won’t — but will give big pharma tax breaks and lift certain regulations on their industry.

He turned the nomination of a Supreme Court justice into the finale of a prime-time reality-show.

He knows little about the history of the United States, about our constitutional system, or about our institutions of government.

He has left millions of Americans who acquired health insurance via the ACA worried sick that this great benefit will be stripped from them.

His closest advisers have added to the chaos of the first weeks of the new administration: Kellyanne Conway and her universe of “alternative facts” — like the Bowling Green Massacre; Steve Bannon, who wants to play war with our military; Stephen Miller, who yells at the American people that the president’s views “will not be questioned!”; and Sean Spicer, period.

He uses Twitter to harangue and berate and demean individuals and journalists and companies that question his infallibility.

He’s rattled and incoherent, unfit and unqualified and unstable.

He uses fear and anxiety to bring out the worst impulses that lurk just beneath the surface to pimp for votes and deepen the crevasse between his America and the rest of us.

He has not drained the swamp, as he promised. It’s deeper. It’s wider. It’s even more dangerous.

The Russians. The Russians. The Russians.

Conservative Republicans would have crucified our former philosopher-president, Barack Obama, for behavior that even resembled that of our schoolyard bully president, Donald Trump. Where is their outrage now? President Turmp is not making America great again. He’s making America ugly again. But Republicans, who created this president in their laboratory of anger and resentment, will use President Trump as long as he’ll sign his John Hancock to their legislation.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:46 AM   #500
PaulS

Quote:

Et tu Bryan? Et tu? I thought you were the one single lefty here who was pretty honest, even about things that didn’t specifically serve your agenda.

Some scientist you are.

TDS claims another.
I think this is why you don't have any friends on this site (maybe you can go fishing w/Scott).
Old 08-22-2022, 08:03 AM   #501
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

red text.
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1231521]

Quote:
ok. so trump did t do anything different with the coming, he just ride the obama wave? THATS what you’re saying? No, I am saying the wave was there, as you say at the end, he juiced it, but he didn't create it

He didn’t cut personal taxes Agree, which is why many said they are better off economically, agree, this did reduce takes on many people. I paid less taxes those years , annihilate corporate income taxes which many reviews said did nothing in the trickle down sense and corporations were holding the cash, eliminate what he thought were wasteful regulations many of which were environmentally not favorable and many of us (big one for me) would oppose, he didn’t find economic opportunity zones i. struggling urban areas, did you see the PBS piece on this last year? Good concept, didnt work nearly as intended, many big investors made a lot of money though. he didn’t incentivize companies to bring back massive sums of cash that weren’t worse as? WSJ review would say this was not anywhere near what Trump claimed it would be/was. It trickled in but well less than claimed. Oversold but not a full negative

Et tu Bryan? Et tu? I thought you were the one single lefty here who was pretty honest, even about things that didn’t specifically serve his agenda. Sorry my quick response didn't offer a point by point breakdown of Trumps policies on a fishing message board

Here’s what happened. Trump obviously inherited a roaring economy. Then he did the things he did, which had the effect of pouring gasoline on the economic fire. Whether you happen to like it or not, that’s what happened. No #^&#^&#^&#^&. The gasoline is a good analogy. It burned hot and fast, even without COVID there would have been a marked downside to his bell curve after all that. He did things very differently from obama, and it worked until we voluntarily chose to shut the economy down. In 2019 there was a study that 75% of economists thought we were due for by 2021. Not saying economists know what is coming, but they clearly recognized the 10+ year economic wave had to break eventually, even without COVID

TDS claims another.
Some scientist you are.
#^&#^&#^&#^& off with the insults. I didn't come at you with 'some actuary you are' This could have been a good discussion and you turn it to this. I mostly stay out of this cesspool circle jerk you guys engage in daily, made the mistake of turning it on because it was raining and didn't walk the dog before work... My mistake. Glad leach block will engage and lock me out of these for the rest of the work day :-) Have a good day everyone.

Bryan

Old 08-22-2022, 08:05 AM   #502
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

He convinced 81 percent of white evangelical Christian voters to throw Jesus under the bus to vote for a man who bragged about grabbing women “by the pussy.”

He fired the acting Attorney General in a Monday Night Massacre because she determined that the president’s executive order on immigration was constitutionally indefensible.

He’s created an environment in which a southern white man can shut down a northeastern white woman while she’s reading from the floor of the Senate the cautionary words of a heroic southern black woman about a southern white man, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, who was deemed too racist to be a federal judge in 1986.

He disrespects duly-appointed, Senate-confirmed federal magistrates: “so-called judges.”

He’s offended our friends and allies, treating the Mexican and Australian governments in much the same way he’s treated John McCain and Megyn Kelly and a disabled reporter and Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz and the Gold Star Khan Family and Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio and Rosie O’Donnell.

He hasn’t, as far as we know, paid federal income taxes in years, bragging that it’s smart on his part — meaning it’s dumb on our part to do so, thereby undermining citizen investment in shared governance. Nor has he released federal tax returns, as other presidential candidates have for the last 40 years.

His wife in New York City, his weekly trips to Mar-a-Lago, and his gallivanting children are costing us a fortune.

He’s given us a Secretary of Education who was born into and married into a billionaire family, has never attended a public school or taught in a public school, never taken out a student loan or applied for a Pell Grant, or even much supported our public schools.

He nominated a labor secretary (now withdrawn) who took advantage of an undocumented worker, pays his fast-food employees a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty wage, and wants to replace humans with robots because they don’t take vacation days.

He’s put together an administration of the wealthy, by the wealthy, and for the wealthy.

He’s not kept his campaign promise to release documents and even hold a press conference to prove that the third Mrs. Trump never worked in the US illegally. (We know she lied about having a college degree and — knowingly or not — plagiarized part of Michelle Obama’s DNC speech.)

He said he’d negotiate lower drug prices from pharmaceutical companies. Now he says he won’t — but will give big pharma tax breaks and lift certain regulations on their industry.

He turned the nomination of a Supreme Court justice into the finale of a prime-time reality-show.

He knows little about the history of the United States, about our constitutional system, or about our institutions of government.

He has left millions of Americans who acquired health insurance via the ACA worried sick that this great benefit will be stripped from them.

His closest advisers have added to the chaos of the first weeks of the new administration: Kellyanne Conway and her universe of “alternative facts” — like the Bowling Green Massacre; Steve Bannon, who wants to play war with our military; Stephen Miller, who yells at the American people that the president’s views “will not be questioned!”; and Sean Spicer, period.

He uses Twitter to harangue and berate and demean individuals and journalists and companies that question his infallibility.

He uses fear and anxiety to bring out the worst impulses that lurk just beneath the surface to pimp for votes and deepen the crevasse between his America and the rest of us.

He has not drained the swamp, as he promised. It’s deeper. It’s wider. It’s even more dangerous.

Conservative Republicans would have crucified our former philosopher-president, Barack Obama, for behavior that even resembled that of our schoolyard bully president, Donald Trump. Where is their outrage now? President Turmp is not making America great again. He’s making America ugly again. But Republicans, who created this president in their laboratory of anger and resentment, will use President Trump as long as he’ll sign his John Hancock to their legislation.
"He convinced 81 percent of white evangelical Christian voters to throw Jesus under the bus to vote for a man who bragged about grabbing women “by the pussy.”"

(1) Trump almost single-handedly got Roe overturned. If you ignore his personal ethics and focus on his policies (which is precisely what democrats expected America to do for the 8 years Bill Clinton was president), Trump delivered more to the Christian right than any president in American history, and it's not even close. He got Roe overturned.

And your concern about vulgarity is noble, but begs the question of why Bill Clinton is an absolute hero on the left to this day. The left's demand for personal morality in the POTUS therefore appears to be quite selective.

"He turned the nomination of a Supreme Court justice into the finale of a prime-time reality-show."

Democrats did that with Bork. That was when it stopped being civilized. Sorry, they changed the rules when it suited them, then they expect the GOP to play by the old rules? You can't fight with brass knuckles and ask your opponent to fight with velvet gloves. That's not how it works. I mean, that worked very well for democrats for several years, Trump put a permanent stop to that.

It was then-Senator Joe Biden, who said that the opposition party in the Senate, should block a sitting president near the end of his term, from appointing a supreme court judge. They called it "the Biden Rule". Why was it OK for Biden, but awful for Mitch McConnell? Can you explain that please?

You don't like anything Trump says or does, no matter what it is, we get it. That doesn't explain why he has the all time record in Gallups poll.

Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett aren't serious legal minds? They're reality show freaks? But Sonya Sotomayor, who explicitly said that female latina judges make superior judges, that's OK, that's not racist and sexist? Whatever you say Paul.

"He’s rattled and incoherent"

And Trumps successor is what? ARticulate and cogent and persuasive?

"He’s a pathological liar"

Unlike Biden who drove a tractor trailer, got arrested with Nelson Mandela, never once spoke to his adult son about his business, beat up a drug kingpin named Corn Pop in a fight, even though Corn Pop had a chain, said the GOP wants to put blacks back in chains, said he has been arrested multiple times while marching for civil rights (maybe he thinks he's Rosa Parks). But honesty is really, really important to you, when it comes to POTUS.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:15 AM   #503
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;1231526]red text.
Quote:

#^&#^&#^&#^& off with the insults. I didn't come at you with 'some actuary you are' This could have been a good discussion and you turn it to this. I mostly stay out of this cesspool circle jerk you guys engage in daily, made the mistake of turning it on because it was raining and didn't walk the dog before work... My mistake. Glad leach block will engage and lock me out of these for the rest of the work day :-) Have a good day everyone.
"annihilate corporate income taxes which many reviews said did nothing in the trickle down sense and corporations were holding the cash"

And you just accept that? You accept it when your side says that employees aren't better off when companies can keep way more of their profits? Employees aren't better off when their companies are instantly much more valuable? Companies aren't more likely to invest in growth when the math of a cost-benefit analysis changes, because companies can keep 79% of profit instead of 65%? You really believe that?

I got news for you and your Komrades, Bryan. Not all companies are sinister and evil. I've worked for Liberty Mutual, Aetna, Travelers, and The Hartford, all massive companies. All treated their employees fairly (some were better than others), all gave a lot of money and time to local communities, all were good corporate citizens. They weren't charitable organizations to be sure, but they weren't diabolical as the Galactic Empire either. And even though I now work in a cubicle and not a corner office, I know I'm far, far better off when my company makes more money, than I am when it makes less money. The more money my company makes, the better off I am.

When Paul, Pete, Wayne, Spence imply otherwise, it's funny to me. It's sad to me that you'd say something so unbelievably and profoundly stupid, just for partisan political reasons.

Not every cent of extra profit went to the rank and file. Nor should it. The rank and file didn't put up their own capital to start the company, taking incredible risk. But some of that extra money obviously makes its way to the rank and file, some obviously gets invested in growth, meaning more jobs.

Just because Joy Behar, or even Paul Krugman say something Brian, doesn't mean it's true.

Gimme an effing break.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:18 AM   #504
scottw

Quote:

I think this is why you don't have any friends ....
Old 08-22-2022, 08:20 AM   #505
scottw

Quote:

Dark Brandon's vice president accused him of some pretty awful things....
Old 08-22-2022, 08:22 AM   #506
scottw

Quote:

I didn't come at you with 'some actuary you are'

:[/COLOR]
that's spence's line....
Old 08-22-2022, 08:25 AM   #507
scottw

Quote:

see......hate.....

Why I Hate President Trump
Rodney Wilson
Feb 15, 2017

"Conservative Republicans would have crucified our former philosopher-president, Barack Obama, for behavior that even resembled that of our schoolyard bully president, Donald Trump. Where is their outrage now? President Turmp is not making America great again. He’s making America ugly again. But Republicans, who created this president in their laboratory of anger and resentment, will use President Trump as long as he’ll sign his John Hancock to their legislation."
Old 08-22-2022, 08:28 AM   #508
Jim in CT

Quote:
that's spence's line....
I don't deny math when it suits me politically.

Also saw that Steven Spielgberg, our moral superior who spends much time lecturing everyone to limit their carbon emissions, has spent over $115,000 on fuel for his private jet, just this summer, jut in the last 2 months. But I'm supposed to make sacrifices.

So if we all lived like him, and if the environmentalists were right, where would we be? Denver would be underwater and Nome, Alaska would be exporting pineapples.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:33 AM   #509
scottw

Quote:
I think this is why you don't have any friends on this site (maybe you can go fishing w/Scott).
I'd just note that it's the resident leftists here that routinely resort to expletive laced rants, hyperbolic name calling and....didn't internet tough guy Paul try to fight someone here fairly recently?....too funny....
Old 08-22-2022, 08:40 AM   #510
Jim in CT

Quote:
you say things like this when you're out of intellectual ammo Paul, which happens to you quite frequently.

Bryan was (is?) literally the only liberal here capable of showing intellectual honesty. Literally the only one. But when someone says that employees don't benefit when american companies are much more profitable, that is someone who is chugging the Kool Aid. Only 2 kinds of people can say that. Either one has absolutely no clue what happens at most American companies, or one is willing to flat out lie when the truth doesn't serve their political agenda. If there's a third alternative, sorry but I don't know what it is. I was disappointed to hear him say that, and that's a compliment to him, not an insult. We expect precisely that from the rest, because that's all you do.