Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-27-2022, 05:37 AM   #181
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Of course you will vote for him why put the country before Trump..

It’s like saying I’d never fish with a known pedophile , until he owns a nice boat. Then I’ll forgot his history

Because I might get something out of it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
being honest. do you think any of us believe, you’d ever. not vote for the democrat running for potus?

that pesky Gallup poll, every 4 years they ask americans if they’re better off after 4 years of the incumbent president, and more said yes after 4 years of trump than for any other president in the history of the poll.

Please tell us why you believe Trump holds the record in the poll?

He’s an unbelievable jerk. We’ve covered that. He also did really good things for america, including getting criminal justice reform, which liberals had wanted for a long time, and which obama chose not to do even though he had congress on his side for much of his presidency.

Trump is as bad as a pedophile? Well , Biden has a rape allegation against him. Remind me who you voted for? Sorry, if it’s ok for you to vote for corrupt degenerates, then it’s also ok for me.

Old 07-27-2022, 06:35 AM   #182
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
being honest. do you think any of us believe, you’d ever. not vote for the democrat running for potus?

that pesky Gallup poll, every 4 years they ask americans if they’re better off after 4 years of the incumbent president, and more said yes after 4 years of trump than for any other president in the history of the poll.

He’s an unbelievable jerk. We’ve covered that. He also did really good things for america, including getting criminal justice reform, which liberals had wanted for a long time, and which obama chose not to do even though he had congress on his side for much of his presidency.

Trump is as bad as a pedophile? Well , Biden has a rape allegation against him. Remind me who you voted for? Sorry, if it’s ok for you to vote for corrupt degenerates, then it’s also ok for me.

If Jan 6 wasn't your red line, you don't have one. Which means the many many utter horrors one could conjure from history are entirely on the table in a second term.

On a visit to Europe to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war, Donald Trump insisted to his then chief of staff, John Kelly: “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2022, 07:00 AM   #183
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If Jan 6 wasn't your red line, you don't have one. Which means the many many utter horrors one could conjure from history are entirely on the table in a second term.

On a visit to Europe to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war, Donald Trump insisted to his then chief of staff, John Kelly: “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things.”

it wasn’t my red line. sorry.

yup, he’s going to commit mass genocide if he gets a second term.

if the choice is between someone who says “hitler did some
good things” ( which is factually correct) and having inflation at 0, and someone who won’t say that but inflation is approaching double digits, sorry that's not even a difficult choice.

you want to dust off the 1992 version of bill clinton and run him again, i’ll vote for him again as i did back them. Funny though, he’s an obvious serial predator of women, but still an absolute hero on the left.

It therefore appears that your insistence on presidential
ethics, is rather selective. Which necessarily means, your insistence is fake.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-27-2022 at 07:25 AM..
Old 07-27-2022, 07:33 AM   #184
Pete F.
Canceled

Just what magical monetary skills do you attribute to Trump?

Trump had the worst jobs history of any modern president, it wasn’t just the pandemic.
Job growth under Trump was at a lower pace than most presidents
He took office at the top of the economic cycle and took it down with, increased tariffs, increased government spending, cut taxes, increased the deficit.

Things have improved since Biden took office

It’s not perfect but we have
-low unemployment
-steady job growth
-higher savings
The world is not ending and Americans won’t let MAGA end this country.

Americans are waking up to the fact that Trump was incompetent, without ethics and a malignant narcissist.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:34 AM   #185
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump said yesterday that he wanted a quick trial and execution for drug dealers, and that each one executed would save 500 lives.

In his last week in office, Trump pardoned 13 people convicted of selling or trafficking drugs.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:44 AM   #186
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just what magical monetary skills do you attribute to Trump?

Trump had the worst jobs history of any modern president, it wasn’t just the pandemic.
He took office at the top of the economic cycle and took it down with, increased tariffs, increased government spending, cut taxes, increased the deficit.

Things have improved since Biden took office

It’s not perfect but we have
-low unemployment
-steady job growth
-higher savings
The world is not ending and Americans won’t let MAGA end this country.

Americans are waking up to the fact that Trump was incompetent, without ethics and a malignant narcissist.
you give biden credit for every job restored after covid. what monetary skills do you attribute to biden?

i’m
judging presidents, by what happened in their watch. sorry if that doesn’t give you the results you are rooting for.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:53 AM   #187
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump said yesterday that he wanted a quick trial and execution for drug dealers, and that each one executed would save 500 lives.

In his last week in office, Trump pardoned 13 people convicted of selling or trafficking drugs.

liberals
wanted criminal
justice reform, wanted non violent drug dealers released.

now you’re criticizing him for doing what liberals wanted. interesting.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:13 AM   #188
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you give biden credit for every job restored after covid. what monetary skills do you attribute to biden?

i’m
judging presidents, by what happened in their watch. sorry if that doesn’t give you the results you are rooting for.
Then you need to look at what happened on their watch

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2022, 09:24 AM   #189
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
liberals
wanted criminal
justice reform, wanted non violent drug dealers released.

now you’re criticizing him for doing what liberals wanted. interesting.
Never mind the rule of law
Execution is the answer
The final solution
Who will be next after drug dealers?

For the Republican establishment, there are no real limits or red lines. Bigotry, conspiracy, anti-democracy--all are to be overlooked in the service of victory for the Party.

First overlooked. Then rationalized. Then justified. Ultimately...embraced.

And really, what says American Greatness more than massive internment camps, executions, border walls, federal troops in the streets, coups, and the mockery of sexual minorities?

Last edited by Pete F.; 07-27-2022 at 09:46 AM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2022, 09:25 AM   #190
scottw

democrats supporting trump candidates,,,,talk about conflicted...

‘It Could Backfire’: House Democrats Urge DCCC to Stop Propping Up Pro-Trump Primary Candidates

The DCCC recently spent $425,000 on a campaign ad to boost a pro-Trump candidate in a Michigan GOP House primary.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:39 AM   #191
Pete F.
Canceled

I’d agree with Liz Cheney on that

"No party, Democrat or Republican, should be promoting candidates who perpetuate lies about the 2020 election and try to undermine our democracy. We all have a responsibility and obligation to put our duty to the country above partisan politics."
Old 07-27-2022, 10:05 AM   #192
wdmso

Quote:

Of course Jim you think everyones a blind partisan like yourself

I would honestly vote for the best candidate . And have since I voted for Ronald then bush 1 and Bill Clinton then bush 2 then Obama and never Trump because I knew he was a scumbag from the start

And leave it to you ! to take an analogy. And take it as a literal example.. and defend Trump by suggesting Biden raped someone

Yet Donald Trump has admitted on tape to what Reade accuses Biden of doing and still denies the accounts of more than 20 women who have accused him of sexual misconduct

In Jim’s world everything’s the same
Old 07-27-2022, 10:45 AM   #193
Jim in CT

Quote:

Of course Jim you think everyones a blind partisan like yourself

I would honestly vote for the best candidate . And have since I voted for Ronald then bush 1 and Bill Clinton then bush 2 then Obama and never Trump because I knew he was a scumbag from the start

And leave it to you ! to take an analogy. And take it as a literal example.. and defend Trump by suggesting Biden raped someone

Yet Donald Trump has admitted on tape to what Reade accuses Biden of doing and still denies the accounts of more than 20 women who have accused him of sexual misconduct

In Jim’s world everything’s the same
Biden has a rape allegation against him. i’m not implying anything. i’m stating a fact.

why did a record-number of americans tell Gallup they were better off after 4 years of trump?

im curious to see your answer. insulting me, doesn’t answer the question.

i dont think everything is the same, of course there are degrees of everything. but it’s funny that democrats are always, always on the OK side of whats appropriate.

a fair allegation was enough to keep kavanaugh of the bench, but not enough to keep Biden out of the white house? please explain how that makes sense.

anything to avoid an honest discussion. of results.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:58 AM   #194
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Biden has a fair allegation against him. i’m not implying anything.

why did a record-number of americans tell Gallup they were better off after 4 years of trump?

im curious to see your answer. insulting me, doesn’t answer the question.

i dont think everything is the same, of course there are degrees of everything. but it’s funny that democrats are always, always on the OK side of whats appropriate.

a fair allegation was enough to keep kavanaugh of the bench, but not enough to keep Biden out of the white house? please explain how that makes sense.

anything to avoid an honest discussion. of results.
You claimed that Ronan Farrow was going to get to the truth of the Reade incident, what happened?
The 4500 reports on Kavanaugh were turned over to the White House and nothing happened. What a surprise.

You cite A poll as proof that Trump is great, that’s one data point
He lost the election

The Republican party should have censured people who spew racism, pro-Putin talking points, and anti-democracy views

Instead, they censure Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, and AZ speaker Rusty Bowers for the “crime” of telling the truth about Jan. 6

You’re not in a party. It’s a cult.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2022, 11:32 AM   #195
Jim in CT

Quote:
You claimed that Ronan Farrow was going to get to the truth of the Reade incident, what happened?
The 4500 reports on Kavanaugh were turned over to the White House and nothing happened. What a surprise.

You cite A poll as proof that Trump is great, that’s one data point
He lost the election

The Republican party should have censured people who spew racism, pro-Putin talking points, and anti-democracy views

Instead, they censure Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, and AZ speaker Rusty Bowers for the “crime” of telling the truth about Jan. 6

You’re not in a party. It’s a cult.
when did i say anything about Ronan Farrow?

yes trump lost the election. i can offer a sane, rational
opinion as to why - america hated him, and for good reason.

Can you explain why a record number of americans said they were better off after 4 years of trump, without insulting me? no, you cant. the poll speaks for itself ( people
liked trumps policies, but you can’t admit it), so you change the subject.

Pete what are most polls
showing today, predicting the outcome of a rematch between Trump and Biden?

Oooh, that tin foil hat is tightening.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-27-2022 at 11:38 AM..
Old 07-27-2022, 02:10 PM   #196
Pete F.
Canceled

Your lonely poll says nothing about the Stable Genius’s policies
Zero
In spite of Americans continued economic gains they chose, going against tradition, to dump Trump.

They saw that he failed to deliver on any of his promises other than tax cuts and McConnell’s Supreme Court justices.

No healthcare
No Infrastructure
No withdrawal from ME
Riots in the streets
Sending troops to attack protesters
Impeached twice
Historic number of administration members indicted
Rampant nepotism
Blatant disregard of the traditions that define American democracy
A little bleach, some bright light, horse medicine and voodoo
Unindicted conspirator number One

Very impressive isn’t he

What a wonderful president

As far as polls go
I see both Biden and Harris beating Trump and DeathSantis in some, it’s years in the future
Old 07-27-2022, 02:16 PM   #197
wdmso

And of course you Hear they love Trump .. guess what I was better off after trump left office

The difference is I never once thought he had anything to do with that
Old 07-27-2022, 02:23 PM   #198
Pete F.
Canceled

Not welcome at CPAC:
George W. Bush
Mitt Romney
Liz Cheney
Adam Kinzinger
Larry Hogan
Pro vaccine individuals

Welcome to CPAC:
Viktor Orban
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Tulsi Gabbard
Matt Gaetz
Sarah Palin
Mike Lindell
Jim in CT

This is conservatism in 2022
Old 07-27-2022, 02:30 PM   #199
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Yup and the bottom list will be key cabinet members if Trump is elected and the dismantling of our democracy begins and Jim is like Lindsey Grahm, he says oh wait let me get Jim down correctly, how many times do I have to tell you I hate Trump and hope he never runs again and now apparently he is prepared to vote Trump due to the continued fears of a recession.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #200
scottw

welcome to the brandon recession
Old 07-27-2022, 03:13 PM   #201
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
welcome to the brandon recession
Take it over the Trump pandemic.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #202
Jim in CT

Quote:

And of course you Hear they love Trump .. guess what I was better off after trump left office

The difference is I never once thought he had anything to do with that
"why did a record-number of americans tell Gallup they were better off after 4 years of trump?...And of course you Hear they love Trump"

You're saying, that I claimed that poll means America loved Trump.

When I posted this..."america hated him, and for good reason."

I posted that America hated him for good reason. The way you interpret that, is that I'm saying America loves him.

Jim: America hated him, and for good reason
WDMSO: you're saying america loves Trump

I can't tell if you're truly this stupid, or just unbelievably dishonest. It's one or the other, there certainly isn't a third option.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:19 PM   #203
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Take it over the Trump pandemic.
More Americans died under Biden. I assume that's all Trumps fault?

Are all global covid deaths Trumps fault? Or just the deaths in the US?

Nah, you're not obsessed with him...no idea what I was thinking when I said that.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:20 PM   #204
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yup and the bottom list will be key cabinet members if Trump is elected and the dismantling of our democracy begins and Jim is like Lindsey Grahm, he says oh wait let me get Jim down correctly, how many times do I have to tell you I hate Trump and hope he never runs again and now apparently he is prepared to vote Trump due to the continued fears of a recession.
Not just because of a recession. I'll never vote for a pro abortion candidate for any office, for any reason, ever.

Trump was BY FAR, the best friend the unborn ever had in the Oval Office. That's a fact.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #205
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Not just because of a recession. I'll never vote for a pro abortion candidate for any office, for any reason, ever.

Trump was BY FAR, the best friend the unborn ever had in the Oval Office. That's a fact.
I know Lindsey, thank God (that is a joke) your saving those baby’s, hope the people you vote in can address all the children killed by gun violence, support those babies when the mothers can’t and you better hurry women and the youth in this country have wised up to the GOP game.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:49 PM   #206
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know Lindsey, thank God (that is a joke) your saving those baby’s, hope the people you vote in can address all the children killed by gun violence, support those babies when the mothers can’t and you better hurry women and the youth in this country have wised up to the GOP game.
Have blue states eliminated kids killed by gun violence?

Is violence up or down since Biden was sworn in? Kids dying by suicide, drug overdoses, are those up or down?

You're all fizz and zero gin.

I'm more than happy to pay taxes to help kids who need help. Not sure where you get the idea that I wouldn't be...

"you better hurry women and the youth in this country have wised up to the GOP game"

Must be why are the polls show dems way ahead for 2022 and 2024.

His presidency has been one disaster after another. Yes, I have to admit I like saying that, but it also happens to be true.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:33 PM   #207
Pete F.
Canceled

Just remember if Republicans take power, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security are as good as gone. And the people telling you not to worry are the same ones who told you not to worry about Roe.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:16 PM   #208
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just remember if Republicans take power, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security are as good as gone.
that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:17 PM   #209
Pete F.
Canceled

NEW poll of the Georgia Senate race:
Warnock (D) 48%
Walker (R) 39%
Old 07-28-2022, 04:58 AM   #210
Jim in CT

Quote:
NEW poll of the Georgia Senate race:
Warnock (D) 48%
Walker (R) 39%
you keep posting that one race.

I’ve said 25 times i don’t think the gop re takes the senate. think they will in 2024. not in. 2022, it’s not a good rotation of seats up for the gop.

The GA senate race isn’t the only election in november. It is a meaningful race, as GA appears to be shirting to the left for sure.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-28-2022 at 05:11 AM..