Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #61
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you left the republican party because someone nobody has ever heard of named chase said something? hopefully she doesn't spray paint your property, or assault anyone or burn any cars or buildings, that would probably really make you mad...
Bat sheet crazy gets elected to the Repub. Party. Plus environmental reasons, omongst others.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-17-2020, 04:26 PM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Well we currently rank 29th and have moved up 2 places this year on the Global Terrorism Index.

The statements of the current occupant of the White House will push that further.

And he doesn't care.

He sincerely believes he's won.

He will die believing it, no matter the evidence.

The clinical term is malignant narcissism. It comprises psychopathy, manipulativeness, sadism, and paranoia (especially under stress), in addition to narcissism.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2020, 05:22 PM   #63
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Well we currently rank 29th and have moved up 2 places this year on the Global Terrorism Index.

The statements of the current occupant of the White House will push that further.

And he doesn't care.

He sincerely believes he's won.

He will die believing it, no matter the evidence.

The clinical term is malignant narcissism. It comprises psychopathy, manipulativeness, sadism, and paranoia (especially under stress), in addition to narcissism.
You're a propaganda terrorist.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #64
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Bat sheet crazy gets elected to the Repub. Party.

yes there are no bat sheet crazy democrats in washington and elsewhere....
Old 12-17-2020, 07:29 PM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You're a propaganda terrorist.
Sure, now extol the virtues of the Epoch Times.
Last year, the Epoch Times got into a spot of bother with Facebook after it was discovered that they spent more money on pro-Trump advertising on the platform than any group except the Trump campaign itself. Which was kind of weird for a news source, right?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2020, 10:05 PM   #66
detbuch

Quote:
Sure, now extol the virtues of the Epoch Times.
Last year, the Epoch Times got into a spot of bother with Facebook after it was discovered that they spent more money on pro-Trump advertising on the platform than any group except the Trump campaign itself. Which was kind of weird for a news source, right?
Epoch Times is one of the few growing in size alternatives to the huge left wing media including WAPO, NYT, etc., and including the vast majority of electronic media. Biased left wing (Progressive) media has been successfully, corruptly, and deceitfully influencing elections for decades, and have been more openly doing it in the last one or two decades. I'm glad Epoch Times exists. More such are needed. Just as platforms like Parler and Rumble and a few others are needed to neutralize the increasingly leftist super powerful platforms like Twitter, and Facebook. And less biased search engines are needed to become as powerful as google.

A lot of relevant, important, information has been and is being unreported, underreported, or suppressed by our overly influential "main stream media." It is the most powerful and prevalent way of creating "voter suppression."
Old 12-18-2020, 06:34 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Did someone say voter suppression

This week the ET published an editorial call to invoke the Insurrection Act to force a “military audit” of the election and “arrest those who have conspired to deprive the people of their rights through election fraud.”
Old 12-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
Did someone say voter suppression

This week the ET published an editorial call to invoke the Insurrection Act to force a “military audit” of the election and “arrest those who have conspired to deprive the people of their rights through election fraud.”
How is discovering voter fraud a way to suppress the votes?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

A foreign cult that thinks Donald Trump is on a messianic mission has a “news site” that has spent at least $2 million on YouTube ads since 2018, mostly in 2020.
This “news site” has called for a violent insurrection to keep Trump in power.
The group behind the ads has seemingly unlimited resources and was the second-largest pro-Trump advertiser on Facebook before such ads were banned.
They believe the stakes are a literal apocalyptic battle between good and evil.
Kind of makes you wonder just how much money this “news” organization really poured into the election in order to boost Donald Trump.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #70
scottw

Quote:
the same people claiming votes were suppressed believe biden got over 80 million votes...must have been trumps votes that were suppressed
Old 12-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #71
spence

What’s everybody drinking for the insurrection?
Old 12-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #72
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
What’s everybody drinking for the insurrection?
liberal tears
Old 12-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #73
detbuch

Quote:
A foreign cult that thinks Donald Trump is on a messianic mission has a “news site” that has spent at least $2 million on YouTube ads since 2018, mostly in 2020.
This “news site” has called for a violent insurrection to keep Trump in power.
The group behind the ads has seemingly unlimited resources and was the second-largest pro-Trump advertiser on Facebook before such ads were banned.
They believe the stakes are a literal apocalyptic battle between good and evil.
Kind of makes you wonder just how much money this “news” organization really poured into the election in order to boost Donald Trump.
The editor who wrote the article is not part of the "foreign cult." The "foreign cult" has not proclaimed anything about using the Insurrection Act.

The "news site" did not call for a violent insurrection. The Insurrection Act is for stopping insurrections, not starting them.

The money "poured" into the election was legal. Biden got a lot more money "poured" into his campaign than Trump did.

Various left wing "news sites" believe that Trump is "evil" and that a media war against him was necessary to get rid of the bad Orange Man.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #74
wdmso

Quote:
You love playing obtuse don’t you
Old 12-18-2020, 04:17 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The editor who wrote the article is not part of the "foreign cult." The "foreign cult" has not proclaimed anything about using the Insurrection Act.

The "news site" did not call for a violent insurrection. The Insurrection Act is for stopping insurrections, not starting them.

The money "poured" into the election was legal. Biden got a lot more money "poured" into his campaign than Trump did.

Various left wing "news sites" believe that Trump is "evil" and that a media war against him was necessary to get rid of the bad Orange Man.
In what world does it make sense to allow a fake news site run by a literal foreign cult that thinks the president is a tiny-fingered prophet ushering in the end times to spend unreported millions on their propaganda?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
In what world does it make sense to allow a fake news site run by a literal foreign cult that thinks the president is a tiny-fingered prophet ushering in the end times to spend unreported millions on their propaganda?
It's not a fake news site. It's an international multi-language newspaper and media company. It's a member of the New York Press Association which has given Epoch Times journalism awards. And it is not run by Falung Gong. And your myopic characterization which exaggeratedly focuses on a minor aspect of the total ET range of content is more of your biased propaganda.

According to Media Bias/Fact Check, The Epoch Times is an international, multi-language news media company in print and online. The Epoch Times first published in New York in April 2000 (in Chinese only) and the online edition in August 2000. In 2003, The Epoch Times launched an online edition in English, which began printing as a newspaper in New York in 2004. The Epoch Times is founded by John Tang and a group of Chinese-American Falun Gong practitioners. The Epoch Times publishes in 21 languages in 35 countries across five continents. Their focus topics include sections for world and national news, op-eds, sports, entertainment, business, arts and culture, travel, and health. Although it rates ET as questionable because some of its op-eds seem conspiratorial (I could say the same about CNN, and NYT), it claims.however, that The Epoch Times straight news reporting (which is what interests me) through the use of journalists and syndication through the Associated Press and Reuters . . . are well-sourced and reasonably low biased. However, when reporting on China they do reflect a strong anti-communism bias in general, but that straight news reporting is sourced and mostly low biased.

The Epoch Times chair Stephen Gregory said in 2007: "It's not a Falun Gong newspaper. Falun Gong is a question of an individual's belief. The paper's not owned by Falun Gong, it doesn't speak for Falun Gong, it doesn't represent Falun Gong. It does cover the persecution of Falun Gong in China." But the news org. staff which runs it are a spectrum of Americans which may include some that practice falung gong.

One of the quotes in Quora re ET:
"Now some say Epoch Times has ties to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and as I pointed out, this is not true. However, there are other news outlets that do have close ties to the CCP. News outlets that the accusers would consider trustworthy while bashing Epoch Times.

NBC News has now published at least five articles in just over a year that contain egregious factual errors about their competitor, The Epoch Times. NBC News has refused to correct many of these errors, which gives the appearance of it being intentional and agenda-driven.

I would invite anyone to read both NBC News and The Epoch Times, and compare for yourself the fairness and balance of each media organization’s reporting.

Perhaps the biggest contrast between NBC News and The Epoch Times can be found in their independence from the CCP, which has worked for years to subvert key American institutions, including media organizations.

Over the past 20 years, The Epoch Times has reported extensively on the CCP’s widespread human rights violations, its efforts to subvert the United States, and its efforts to expand its influence around the world, and have never taken a penny of CCP money.

NBC News and its parent company, NBC Universal, meanwhile, have cultivated close relationships with the CCP and affiliated entities, reaching business agreements worth billions of dollars.

On the editorial side, NBC News signed a memorandum of cooperation in 2010 with the CCP’s state media agency, Xinhua, to conduct extensive and in-depth cooperation in the collection, production, and broadcasting of TV news content and personnel training. Xinhua was officially designated by the US State Department as a Chinese “foreign mission” in February this year.

It’s sad to see that one of America’s largest media organizations has close financial ties and editorial cooperation with the world’s most repressive regime. This makes abundantly clear that NBC has no ability to report on The Epoch Times without a biased agenda."
Old 12-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #77
wdmso

Since 2016, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper has used aggressive Facebook tactics and right-wing misinformation to create an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire.

For years, The Epoch Times was a small, low-budget newspaper with an anti-China slant that was handed out free on New York street corners. But in 2016 and 2017, the paper made two changes that transformedk it into one of the country’s most powerful digital publishers.

to become a leading purveyor of right-wing misinformation. Hence why Detbuch loves them ... that’s why he left out some details
Old 12-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #78
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Since 2016, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper has used aggressive Facebook tactics and right-wing misinformation to create an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire.

For years, The Epoch Times was a small, low-budget newspaper with an anti-China slant that was handed out free on New York street corners. But in 2016 and 2017, the paper made two changes that transformedk it into one of the country’s most powerful digital publishers.

to become a leading purveyor of right-wing misinformation. Hence why Detbuch loves them ... that’s why he left out some details
Left out some details? I noted details that you and Pete and Got Stripers conveniently don't mention or are ignorant of. Details? It would take a 200 page book to mention all the relevant details, especially all of the smears and inaccuracies perpetrated against ET. Like the viciously biased slant by Pete F. And your myopic and irrelevant quote above. Starting out small is neither a crime, nor a nor a blemish. To grow to such size in such a short time is an accomplishment, not a vice. Aggressive tactics are not some kind of evil. Most successful endeavors use them. And saying something is misinformation needs to be backed up in detail. It is a malevolent aggressive tactic to claim something is misinformation without thorough proof--to do so is in itself misinformation of the most hypocritical kind.

I gave a suitably brief, given the constraints of a forum, response to Pete F's claim that ET was a fake news site. Either he knowingly lied or he was just wrong. It's as legitimate as the news sites you use. It may get some things wrong. They all do.

And I don't love misinformation--right-wing or otherwise. Saying that I do is misinformation.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:20 AM   #79
scottw

Quote:

Left out some details? I noted details that you and Pete and Got Stripers conveniently don't mention or are ignorant of. Details?

And I don't love misinformation--right-wing or otherwise. Saying that I do is misinformation.
they work very hard to convince themselves of things don't they?
Old 12-19-2020, 05:32 AM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Since Media bias/Fact check is a legitimate source here’s more of what they had to say re ET

“Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.“
Old 12-19-2020, 08:46 AM   #81
wdmso

Falun Gong group's leaders "believe that Trump was sent by heaven to destroy the communist party."

who else has attached their horses to the same thinking that Trump was sent by heaven . oh shocking evangelicals

Religious right leaders say God anointed Trump as a "king." This week he actually declared himself the "chosen one"

So a Theocracy is what the trump faithful want ?
Old 12-19-2020, 08:55 AM   #82
wdmso

Quote:

thats funny! to bad we could string together a montage of your You Tube videos .. because they clearly dont promote facts or follow any journalism ethics and standards of principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability..

they are actually people in their basements
Old 12-19-2020, 11:29 AM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
Since Media bias/Fact check is a legitimate source here’s more of what they had to say re ET

“Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.“
I don't consider fact check orgs to be legitimate. There may actually be some that are, but I've found the ones usually referred to, including Mediabias/Fact check, to be biased themselves.

As for your quote from Media Bias/Fact check re ET, you may have overlooked that I alluded to it in my posts--"Although it rates ET as questionable because some of its op-eds seem conspiratorial (I could say the same about CNN, and NYT), it claims, however, that The Epoch Times straight news reporting (which is what interests me) through the use of journalists and syndication through the Associated Press and Reuters . . . are well-sourced and reasonably low biased. However, when reporting on China they do reflect a strong anti-communism bias in general, but that straight news reporting is sourced and mostly low biased."

It is the "straight news" they publish that intrests me. The rest of their content doesn't. Opinion pieces and editorial comments of most if not all supposedly journalistic orgs are, in my opinion, biased. I take no stock in opinions expressed in NYT, WAPOST, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC and the host of most other media. Including no interest in their opinions on entertainment, fashion, horoscopes, crossword puzzles, culinary, and in their various pseudo-science and popular culture sections--with the possible exceptions of some sports commentary.

So, for me, I see ET as legitimate as any so-called mainstream news org.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
thats funny! to bad we could string together a montage of your You Tube videos .. because they clearly dont promote facts or follow any journalism ethics and standards of principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability..

they are actually people in their basements
This is misinformation.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:35 AM   #85
scottw

Quote:
This is misinformation.
isn't it fun when leftists talk about destroying our democracy and undermining our Constitution? ...I thought that's what they've been working toward all these years...they just don't want trump to get the credit
Old 12-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
isn't it fun when leftists talk about destroying our democracy and undermining our Constitution? ...I thought that's what they've been working toward all these years...they just don't want trump to get the credit
That's the nature of leftism of all sorts, including Progressivism. Leftist governments thrive on the notion of useful idiots.

It's amazing how the leftists on this forum so often avoid having a rational discussion. Their mode is to attack every opposition with a religious fervor. They believe they are fighting under the banner of truth. Everyone else is a liar or a fool . . . or a NAZI, or Putins's puppet, or a hater.

They will often attack posts on the basis of their source, without nary a discussion of their content. And they spend time on trashing the source with irrelevant or slanted or lying factoids.

Such as, in this thread: "In what world does it make sense to allow a fake news site run by a literal foreign cult that thinks the president is a tiny-fingered prophet ushering in the end times to spend unreported millions on their propaganda?"--The Falung Gong do not run the straight news political sector of ET. The only mention of Falung Gong in the news section is an occasional article of the CCP oppression of it. One might ask in what world does its make sense to allow a fake news site run by Progressive leftists (NYT, WAPO, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN)who promote the centralization of government run solely by those who it considers "experts" and spends their millions to oppose "conservative" values by printing Progressive propaganda. (Certainly not in a constitutional republic such as the U.S.)

Or this:"Falun Gong group's leaders "believe that Trump was sent by heaven to destroy the communist party." That may be interesting to some. Not to me. What does that have to do with the straight news reports by Epoch Times which are researched and written or delivered by Non Falun Gong, Christian or Jewish or atheist journalists? I don't know what the religious, if any, beliefs of the founders or supporters or management, journalists, employees of the NYT, WAPOST, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN are. What concerns me is "news" they report and the slant they put on it, or the news they don't report, or the actual lies and misinformation/disinformation they spout.

Or: "thats funny! to bad we could string together a montage of your You Tube videos .. because they clearly dont promote facts or follow any journalism ethics and standards of principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability..
they are actually people in their basements "

I don't recall any such video that I posted, nor any explanation how they were all that. Nor even any discussion of the content. Incredibly, the same ad hominem attacks were made on my sources who didn't operate out of their basements and actually were of the same political mind as wdmso and his partners in political smear.

They viciously attacked Glenn Greenwald who is a flaming Progressive who wants government to do the same thing this forum's left want. But he dared to say something against their own. I almost totally disagree with Greenwald on what government should "do" for us, but I respect his "journalism ethics and standards of principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability." In my opinion, he is politically wrong, but he is honest and willing to call out his own when he believes they are wrong. Even though they would probably agree with 95% of his commentary, for his transgression of saying something that disturbs their view of the world, the lefties had to take him down--not by debating his words, but by demeaning his person.

When I posted a video by Jimmy Dore, he and Greenwald were sarcastically mocked as to their "authority." Not only does Greenwald have as much authority as any other journalist that lefties rely on (probably more because he is more honest), but he and Dore (who has the authority of a big following--which likewise gives other commentators "authority") want the same government policies as the lefties here.

So the lefties here will not only try to trash a post by gratuitously attacking "conservative" sources, but Progressive sources as well if they somehow threaten their narrative--especially their anti-Trump narrative.

Killing the messenger is the authoritarian way of breeding useful idiots.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

How are things in the echo chamber........
Old 12-21-2020, 09:40 PM   #88
detbuch

Quote:
How are things in the echo chamber........
Are you under some illusion that what you say is essentially original rather than versions of regurgitated pap which bounces off the inflated wall of the information bubble you choose to dwell in?
Old 12-22-2020, 07:19 AM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

I can sleep in my bubble, must be hard to rest when rioters and caravans are coming to get you
Old 12-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #90
detbuch

Quote:
I can sleep in my bubble, must be hard to rest when rioters and caravans are coming to get you
Yes, you are asleep in your bubble. That is evident in your toxic hate filled nightmares of an evil Putin loving orange monster and his covid coming to get us all.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-22-2020 at 12:41 PM..