Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-05-2021, 07:24 PM   #1
Jim in CT

is enemy of the people that far off?

The Washington Post reported today that Jeff Blake was unarmed when shot.

We know it’s not true. Then investigation showed he had a knife, he admitted he had a knife. But a mainstream newspaper reports the contrary, even though that lie makes it more likely that people will riot, and that innocent cops could be hurt.

Is “enemy of the people” that far off? Deliberately lying, in a way that incites violence?

There’s video of the knife. There’s audio of people yelling at him to drop the knife. There’s Blake’s admission that he had a knife. But the washington post says he was unarmed.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:10 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The Washington Post reported today that Jeff Blake was unarmed when shot.

We know it’s not true. Then investigation showed he had a knife, he admitted he had a knife. But a mainstream newspaper reports the contrary, even though that lie makes it more likely that people will riot, and that innocent cops could be hurt.

Is “enemy of the people” that far off? Deliberately lying, in a way that incites violence?

There’s video of the knife. There’s audio of people yelling at him to drop the knife. There’s Blake’s admission that he had a knife. But the washington post says he was unarmed.
Not the best Bengals quarterback, did he lower the pressure in the ball with the knife?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 03:47 AM   #3
scottw

truly the enemy of the people...they fan the flames then report on the carnage....

USA Today warns the “Nation’s capital braces for violence as extremist groups converge to protest Donald Trump’s election loss.”
Old 01-06-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Not the best Bengals quarterback, did he lower the pressure in the ball with the knife?

It is strange. The Washington Post seems to report information from witnesses and investigators, but I don't see where the newspaper made a statement about what the author's think happened. They really are the enemy of some people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-jacob-blake/

"Blake, who witnesses said had been trying to break up an argument between two women, was shot as he walked back toward his vehicle. In his written report, Graveley said Blake was armed with an open knife he was holding in his right hand. The report also says video footage showed Blake carrying a knife... Investigators had previously not specified whether officers saw Blake holding a knife, saying days after the shooting that he admitted having one “in his possession.” They did not say at the time whether Blake was holding it or whether the officers involved saw it. Investigators said they found a knife on the driver’s side floor of the vehicle.

According to Graveley’s report Tuesday, Blake told investigators that he dropped the knife near the vehicle and picked it up intending to put it in the car, because it was a gift he wanted to keep. In the report, Blake is quoted as saying his knife was closed and questioning: “Why would I pull a knife on a cop . . . that’s just stupid.”"

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:18 AM   #5
scottw

"Blake told investigators that he dropped the knife near the vehicle and picked it up intending to put it in the car, because it was a gift he wanted to keep."

because this is the kind of thing you usually do when you are in the process of being arrested

"In the report, Blake is quoted as saying his knife was closed and questioning: “Why would I pull a knife on a cop . . . that’s just stupid.”

Lake County Gazette

By Staff reports
Aug 25, 2020

Jacob Blake had a long history of entanglement with law enforcement when he lived in Lake County.

Blake's shooting on Aug. 23 by police in Kenosha sparked destructive riots in the Wisconsin city not far from the state border.

Records reveal Blake was arrested in 2013 in Round Lake Beach and criminal trespass to a vehicle and arrested in 2012 in Zion, Ill. for domestic battery, endangering the life and health of a child and driving under the influence.

Blake is currently facing a rape charge in Kenosha.

A warrant was issued for Blake’s arrest on July 7 on felony 3rd degree sexual assault, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass, all related to domestic abuse.

In addition to the rape charge, Blake has been a party to several child support disputes.

Blake appears to still be wanted under the warrant for the rape charge.

maybe he's stupid?
Old 01-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
It is strange. The Washington Post seems to report information from witnesses and investigators, but I don't see where the newspaper made a statement about what the author's think happened. They really are the enemy of some people.

"Blake, who witnesses said had been trying to break up an argument between two women, was shot as he walked back toward his vehicle. In his written report, Graveley said Blake was armed with an open knife he was holding in his right hand. The report also says video footage showed Blake carrying a knife... Investigators had previously not specified whether officers saw Blake holding a knife, saying days after the shooting that he admitted having one “in his possession.” They did not say at the time whether Blake was holding it or whether the officers involved saw it. Investigators said they found a knife on the driver’s side floor of the vehicle.

According to Graveley’s report Tuesday, Blake told investigators that he dropped the knife near the vehicle and picked it up intending to put it in the car, because it was a gift he wanted to keep. In the report, Blake is quoted as saying his knife was closed and questioning: “Why would I pull a knife on a cop . . . that’s just stupid.”"
the Post said very explicitly, that he was unarmed.

Blake says he was not unarmed ( isn’t he in a good position to know whether or not he was armed?). there is video showing that he wasn’t unarmed.

Is this going too fast for you? the Post is still saying police shot an unarmed black man, when we know for 100% sure, that’s not what happened.

Why do YOU think the Post is doing this, if not for political reasons? What justifiable reason could there be, for being that demonstrably dishonest?
Old 01-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post

the list also says, per hour quote, that all blake was doing was trying to break up an argument. they failed to mention that the only reason police were there, is that blake’s girlfriend called 911 and reported a domestic disturbance blake was causing. the Post also fails to mention that the police were old Blake had an outstanding arrest warranting for sexually assaulting the same woman who made the 911 call.

You and the Post, left out those little details. There is one reason why one does that, and it’s to avoid the truth because the truth doesn’t serve your agenda.

It’s disgusting. It puts cops in danger, and they didn’t do anything to deserve that. Why would you want to ndanger police officers?
Old 01-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #8
scottw

just my perspective but if I did what he did...I would expect to get shot...
Old 01-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s not over

The U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division are overseeing the federal investigation and “will make an independent charging decision,” according to a joint statement from Eric Dreiband, the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department’s civil rights division, and Matthew Krueger, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
It’s not over

The U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division are overseeing the federal investigation and “will make an independent charging decision,” according to a joint statement from Eric Dreiband, the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department’s civil rights division, and Matthew Krueger, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
keep hope alive pete...
Old 01-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly Troll,
Here you and the Misogynist go prejudging things before the investigation is over, It's like déjà vu all over again.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Silly Troll,
Here you and the Misogynist go prejudging things before the investigation is over, It's like déjà vu all over again.
What was the first one?
Old 01-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
What was the first one?
That would be "were the others"........

Plenty of the Stable Geniuses actions you have dismissed as inconsequential or acceptable

1) The hush-money allegations

2) The tax and bank fraud investigation

3) The real-estate fraud investigation

4) The emoluments cases

5) The sexual misconduct lawsuits

6) The Mary Trump lawsuit

7) Raffensperger phone call

8) Obstruction of justice in numerous instances

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #14
Jim in CT

so pete doesn’t like it when conservatives voice opinions until the investigation is over. But he’s ok with feral liberal rioting before the investigation is over. that’s ok with him. Looting, arson, attacking cops, those are all ok before the investigation is complete. But he draws the line at posting observations.

Wicked smaht.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:44 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so pete doesn’t like it when conservatives voice opinions until the investigation is over. But he’s ok with feral liberal rioting before the investigation is over. that’s ok with him. Looting, arson, attacking cops, those are all ok before the investigation is complete. But he draws the line at posting observations.

Wicked smaht.
You are imagining things again much like your hero, Tweety

After four years of Tweety, America is poorer, sicker, less respected in the world, monumentally more in debt and more divided than any time since Civil War. Under him, Republicans lost WH, Senate and House. Think about it. Was it worth it?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Wicked smaht.
lAre you talking about these guys who were standing back and standing by as told by their leader

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 12:57 PM   #17
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Wicked smaht.
He validates his intelligence on a daily basis. He is so smart that he is the only person in the history of the site to be forbidden from starting posts. Mrs F (haha) must be so proud.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He validates his intelligence on a daily basis. He is so smart that he is the only person in the history of the site to be forbidden from starting posts. Mrs F (haha) must be so proud.
Did you ask your wife for the money you lost yet?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 01:35 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
But he’s ok with feral liberal rioting before the investigation is over. that’s ok with him. Looting, arson, attacking cops, those are all ok before the investigation is complete. But he draws the line at posting observations.

Wicked smaht.
BREAKING: Trump supporters have breached the Capitol building, tearing down 4 layers of security fencing and are attempting to occupy the building — fighting federal police who are overrun

Thousands, police can’t stop them and are not prepared.

Maybe Antifa should have been there

Now we get to watch Trump supporters do all the things they said Antifa/liberals/BLM would do if Biden won.

Last edited by Pete F.; 01-06-2021 at 01:42 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

They evacuated Pence out of an "abundance of caution" or to put it in plain English, he's been removed in reaction to a coordinated attack at the direction of the president.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 02:43 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Tear gas has been disbursed in the Capitol rotunda, @elwasson reports. House members told to put on gas masks.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

They are smashing the doors to the house chamber

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

People are smashing glass in the doors to the House chamber. Police have guns drawn and aimed at the door

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Are the people who argued that impeaching Trump would be a waste of time willing to reconsider their position now?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 02:49 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Here's the precise definition of Sedition under federal criminal law:

To "conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States... or to oppose by force the authority thereof"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump has no problem using strong-arm tactics to clear protestors when the protests are AGAINST Trump. Now, not so much. This is the antithesis of Law and Order or even-handed law enforcement.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

BREAKING: A source tells that The Defense Department has just denied a request by DC officials to deploy the National Guard to the US Capitol.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #28
scottw

seems mostly peaceful....
Old 01-06-2021, 03:11 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Remember that Trump forced out Secretary of Defense Esper and put loyalists into Pentagon.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
seems mostly peaceful....

Lets Go Darwin