Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-06-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
RickBomba

Great Job Red Hats

Seriously,
Patriots my ass.
Lots of class.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 01-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Thugs, supported by Trump, who is now basically a political arsonist or terrorist. I hope Trump faces the consequences.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Response is just like Lafayette square,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Response is just like Lafayette square,
Weren’t there actual arsonists at Lafayette square trying to burn down buildings and vehicles?
Old 01-06-2021, 06:25 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Weren’t there actual arsonists at Lafayette square trying to burn down buildings and vehicles?
The arsonists is in the White House residence and if that isn’t clear your just one of his conspiracy drunk thugs who find this fun, but that’s been clear in your four years of trolling; it’s who you are.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:33 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
The arsonists is in the White House residence and if that isn’t clear your just one of his conspiracy drunk thugs who find this fun, but that’s been clear in your four years of trolling; it’s who you are.
if they had rolled through DC looting businesses and burning them and spray painting monuments and buildings around the Capitol...I'd be upset...
Old 01-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
if they had rolled through DC looting businesses and burning them and spray painting monuments and buildings around the Capitol...I'd be upset...
Your guy is a traitor attempting a coup, you by association are the same,
Old 01-06-2021, 09:16 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Your guy is a traitor attempting a coup, you by association are the same,
I told you I didn't vote for him either time...
Old 01-06-2021, 09:27 PM   #9
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I told you I didn't vote for him either time...
Who does that leave as the troll?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-06-2021, 09:30 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Seriously,
Patriots my ass.
Lots of class.
The true Patriots are in Portland. They are burning, looting and holding a city hostage. You know, the good guys!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-06-2021, 09:32 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The true Patriots are in Portland. They are burning, looting and holding a city hostage. You know, the good guys!
I was just reading that the mayor there has finally had enough...he's going to put his foot down as soon as dementia joe is sworn in....
Old 01-06-2021, 09:54 PM   #12
Sea Dangles

Not that it has impacted any lives or businesses to the extent a liberal would gaf
Old 01-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Not that it has impacted any lives or businesses to the extent a liberal would gaf
Your greatest ever is melting down, his legacy is going to be who is the most f*cked up president in the US history.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76D36773-F3BE-41EF-BFFE-46AC7F4B5ADF.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	67602  
Old 01-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:

his legacy is going to be who is the most f*cked up president in the US history.
maybe...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	137235170_10224668248641759_7862921213678695411_n.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	67603  
Old 01-07-2021, 07:25 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Charlottesville: “Very fine people.”

Proud Boys: “Stand back and stand by.”

Terrorist attack on the Capitol: “We love you.”

Trump wants violence and chaos. He sees this as a useful tool to exploit and a sign of affection and support from his followers.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:47 PM   #16
RickBomba

Disgusting.

I’m finally done. Hope the tax break was good, while it lasted.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your greatest ever is melting down, his legacy is going to be who is the most f*cked up president in the US history.
you can make a very compelling case that he’s the most deranged individual to hold the office, certainly in our life times.

his policies? every presidential election year, Gallup does a poll, asking people if they are better off today than 4 years ago. they did the poll this summer, during the pandemic. 56% said they were better off, which is a record high for that poll. Even during a pandemic, a record number of people said they were better off. had it not been for covid ( and whatever you think of trumps handling of it, the pandemic obviously wasn’t his fault), who knows what that number would have been.

What do you think that poll means about his policies?

His policies include some
big failures ( no improvements to healthcare, not delivering in the wall). but tax cuts, energy independence, increased funding for black colleges, criminal
justice reform ( which i hate but its popular), not getting us involved in questionable conflicts, low unemployment, stock market records ( for which he inherited good momentum from obama, but he did some very different things which seem to have worked), that’s not a bad list. if a more likeable president could boast of that list, i wonder how he’s be remembered.

Bill Clinton betrayed his family, looked the american people
in the eye, and denied it. Sleazy enough where he was disbarred, and when lawyers say you’re to sleazy to associate with, hats saying something. And he’s still absolutely worshipped among democrats, he’s an icon.

Clinton isn’t as obnoxious as trump, nor as often. but the clintons, both of them, seem to get an absolutely free pass for their moral
lapses. Is that not a double standard?
Old 01-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Charlottesville: “Very fine people.”

Proud Boys: “Stand back and stand by.”

Terrorist attack on the Capitol: “We love you.”

Trump wants violence and chaos. He sees this as a useful tool to exploit and a sign of affection and support from his followers.
This is more of your baseless, hateful, destructive, and divisive rhetoric. He condemned the violence at the capitol. His "Very fine people" comment, as he specifically said, IN THE VERY SAME, press gathering, did not refer to the Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. As I've said, you're a liar, and you repeat the same lies over and over even when they've been proven false. And he has condemned, disavowed, racism and white supremacy many times (at least 20 times captured on video) yet he is accused of never doing so--your Proud Boys reference was a response to the words used by Wallace in the debate when he asked Trump if he was willing to ask the white supremacists to "stand down." To which Trump replied "sure." And Biden threw in the Proud Boys. So Trump told the Proud Boys, misquoting or bumbling Wallace's "stand down" to stand back and stand by. And after the exchange in which Biden kept butting in and leading the conversation away from Trump's "sure," Wallace cut it off before any clarification could be made or the "sure" could be more direct. But the question directed by Wallace to Trump was unprofessional. A professional would have known that Trump had several times condemned White Supremacists. Or he should have done a quick check before inserting the question into his debate topics.

And Trump has since then, condemned White Supremacy several times again.

Your assertion that Trump wants violence and chaos is pure inflammatory propaganda. He's one of the few modern Presidents that has not got us into some war. He has been criticized for being too conciliatory. He has condemned violence, white supremacy, racism and bigotry. He has attempted to negotiate and make deals, not force behavior. And violence and chaos would have hurt his efforts to make trade deals, improve the economy, and create a task force to fight the pandemic, provide the equipment that should already have been in place, and create a warp speed process to create a vaccine.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is more of your baseless, hateful, destructive, and divisive rhetoric. He condemned the violence at the capitol. "We love you" His "Very fine people" comment, as he specifically said, IN THE VERY SAME, press gathering, did not refer to the Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. As I've said, you're a liar, and you repeat the same lies over and over even when they've been proven false. And he has condemned, disavowed, racism and white supremacy many times (at least 20 times captured on video) yet he is accused of never doing so--your Proud Boys reference was a response to the words used by Wallace in the debate when he asked Trump if he was willing to ask the white supremacists to "stand down." To which Trump replied "sure." And Biden threw in the Proud Boys. So Trump told them, misquoting or bumbling Wallace's "stand down" as stand back and stand by. And after the exchange in which Biden kept butting in and leading the conversation away from Trump's "sure," Wallace cut it off before any clarification could be made or the "sure" could be more direct. But the question directed by Wallace to Trump was unprofessional. A professional would have known that Trump had several times condemned White Supremacists. Or he should have done a quick check before inserting the question into his debate topics. Once again, you can interpret his thoghts to match your point, because Trump, being polite, would never interrupt to make sure he made his point.

Your assertion that Trump wants violence and chaos is pure inflammatory propaganda. He's one of the few modern Presidents that has not got us into some war. He has been criticized for being too conciliatory. He has condemned violence, white supremacy, racism and bigotry. He has attempted to negotiate and make deals, not force behavior. And violence and chaos would have hurt his efforts to make trade deals, improve the economy, and create a task force to fight the pandemic, provide the equipment that should already have been in place (three years), and create a warp speed process to create a vaccine.
You can normalize Trump's behavior all you want, he is headed for the dustbin of history, to be listed as the worst president ever.

Trump organized and incited this riot. His supporters proceeded to kill a Capitol Police Officer. This may not have occurred on 5th Avenue, but Trump is responsible for this homicide. He bragged that he could get away with this exact thing. Will we let him?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 04:08 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
You can normalize Trump's behavior all you want, he is headed for the dustbin of history, to be listed as the worst president ever.

Trump organized and incited this riot. His supporters proceeded to kill a Capitol Police Officer. This may not have occurred on 5th Avenue, but Trump is responsible for this homicide. He bragged that he could get away with this exact thing. Will we let him?
I wouldn't say organized but certainly incited insurrection along with his troop of sycophants. What's truly frightening is it appears some may have been trying to capture and kill Pence and other ranking officials. They even built a makeshift gallows.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:11 PM   #21
detbuch

This is more of your baseless, hateful, destructive, and divisive rhetoric. He condemned the violence at the capitol.

PETE F: "We love you"

Yes, he loves his supporters, but not the violence of some idiots (whomever they may be)

His "Very fine people" comment, as he specifically said, IN THE VERY SAME, press gathering, did not refer to the Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. As I've said, you're a liar, and you repeat the same lies over and over even when they've been proven false. And he has condemned, disavowed, racism and white supremacy many times (at least 20 times captured on video) yet he is accused of never doing so--your Proud Boys reference was a response to the words used by Wallace in the debate when he asked Trump if he was willing to ask the white supremacists to "stand down." To which Trump replied "sure." And Biden threw in the Proud Boys. So Trump told them, misquoting or bumbling Wallace's "stand down" as stand back and stand by. And after the exchange in which Biden kept butting in and leading the conversation away from Trump's "sure," Wallace cut it off before any clarification could be made or the "sure" could be more direct. But the question directed by Wallace to Trump was unprofessional. A professional would have known that Trump had several times condemned White Supremacists. Or he should have done a quick check before inserting the question into his debate topics.

PETE F:Once again, you can interpret his thoghts to match your point, because Trump, being polite, would never interrupt to make sure he made his point.

Obviously, I think my interpretation is more honest than yours. But none would have been necessary if you and others hadn't claimed that Trump never condemned White Supremacists. It was a stupid, uninformed question that deserved as much contempt as it implied. If he had already condemned them several times, asking him again was disrespectful or ignorant. And If I recall correctly, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember if Wallace asked Biden if he condemned Antifa.

Your assertion that Trump wants violence and chaos is pure inflammatory propaganda. He's one of the few modern Presidents that has not got us into some war. He has been criticized for being too conciliatory. He has condemned violence, white supremacy, racism and bigotry. He has attempted to negotiate and make deals, not force behavior. And violence and chaos would have hurt his efforts to make trade deals, improve the economy, and create a task force to fight the pandemic, provide the equipment that should already have been in place

PETE F:(three years)

nine years, and the regulatory agency never mentioned that to Trump--it was apparently considered dormant. None-the-less, chaos and violence would have impeded the efforts to replace the equipment, and create a warp speed process to create a vaccine.

PETE F:You can normalize Trump's behavior all you want, he is headed for the dustbin of history, to be listed as the worst president ever.

I'm not normalizing what is already normal. I'm pointing out your abnormal, extreme, rhetoric.

PETE F:Trump organized and incited this riot. His supporters proceeded to kill a Capitol Police Officer. This may not have occurred on 5th Avenue, but Trump is responsible for this homicide. He bragged that he could get away with this exact thing. Will we let him?
President Trump fomented an insurrectionist mob that attacked the Capitol. He continues to take every opportunity to obstruct the peaceful transfer of power. These actions threaten our democracy and our Republic. Trump is entirely unfit to remain in office, and needs to go.

This is the very inflammatory, extreme, hyperbolic kind of propaganda that leads to violence.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-08-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

When Trump told a mob to march on Congress to "stop the steal"—at a rally he timed to begin two hours before the event he wanted "stopped"—he knew what he was doing.

And after he fled to the White House to monitor the result of his words and was "pleased," he knew what he'd done.

He said: “we will walk to the Capitol”. There was no “we” about it. As usual, he was safely away from danger.

He literally said "I'll be with you"

He and his associates told them to engage in "trial by combat." He whipped them into a frenzy with lies and conspiracy theories. Many of the insurrectionists storming the house were wearing body armor and helmets...These people built a gallows outside the Capitol. You think this was spontaneous? Thousands of his people then attacked the US Capitol, and people were killed. You can't escape these facts.

The president was trying to stage a coup....Just because it failed or didn’t succeed doesn’t mean it wasn’t real.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
When Trump told a mob to march on Congress to "stop the steal"—at a rally he timed to begin two hours before the event he wanted "stopped"—he knew what he was doing.

And after he fled to the White House to monitor the result of his words and was "pleased," he knew what he'd done.

He said: “we will walk to the Capitol”. There was no “we” about it. As usual, he was safely away from danger.

He literally said "I'll be with you"

He and his associates told them to engage in "trial by combat." He whipped them into a frenzy with lies and conspiracy theories. Many of the insurrectionists storming the house were wearing body armor and helmets...These people built a gallows outside the Capitol. You think this was spontaneous? Thousands of his people then attacked the US Capitol, and people were killed. You can't escape these facts.

The president was trying to stage a coup....Just because it failed or didn’t succeed doesn’t mean it wasn’t real.
What coup? A mob was going bring down the government? Just to be clear, you mean that after they acted crazy, broke and burned stuff, and killed folks and hung people, the government would fall, and Trump would become dictator?
Old 01-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

DeBarr finally coming to Trumps defense, I was concerned you slipped on the ice, while setting some crappie flags. Twitter banning Trump permanently, White House lost, senate lost, tough times ahead for you.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:55 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Just suppose they actually, as they said and it is on video, actually succeeded in capturing Pence, Pelosi and Grassley cuffed them with the zip ties they had, hung them on the gallows they had erected on the lawn to make an example.
Just what would have happened?
Old 01-08-2021, 07:33 PM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
DeBarr finally coming to Trumps defense, I was concerned you slipped on the ice, while setting some crappie flags. Twitter banning Trump permanently, White House lost, senate lost, tough times ahead for you.
Not defense. Offense. Exposing BS.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Just suppose they actually, as they said and it is on video, actually succeeded in capturing Pence, Pelosi and Grassley cuffed them with the zip ties they had, hung them on the gallows they had erected on the lawn to make an example.
Just what would have happened?
Do tell us.

BTW, Trump did not want to stop the event. He wanted to stop, what he considered as expressed as a meme, the steal." Nor did he mention any "trial by combat" as you tried to imply.

Nor do his selected out of context words "pleased," “we will walk to the Capitol” "I'll be with you" mean what you imply by trying to place them in some sinister light.

Your up to your usual slanting, spinning, insinuating modus operandi.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:49 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Impeach his arse, no pension, no million dollar travel allowance and no secret service, saves us millions.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:05 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Impeach his arse, no pension, no million dollar travel allowance and no secret service, saves us millions.
Sure, if it makes you feel better, let's do that.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:05 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Do tell us.

BTW, Trump did not want to stop the event. He wanted to stop, what he considered as expressed as a meme, the steal." Nor did he mention any "trial by combat" as you tried to imply.

Nor do his selected out of context words "pleased," “we will walk to the Capitol” "I'll be with you" mean what you imply by trying to place them in some sinister light.

Your up to your usual slanting, spinning, insinuating modus operandi.
Sure, he is a true Patriot
Just keep believing

Lets Go Darwin