Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Forbes issues warning

Forbes published a piece, warning any company that hires Trump senior officials, that every statement that company ever makes, will
be presumed to be a lie.

I was concerned with the extreme to which we’d pass liberal bills after this election. But i never thought we’d spend this much energy on reprisals. Forbes literally dared companies to hire these people.

This is unity and tolerance?Censorship and retribution?

It beats everything i’ve seen. It’s like the left is actually scared of having to put their TDS on a shelf, they’re going berserk with one final purge.

Again, Rockhound, I’d be fascinated with your take.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/au.fina...mgYh2V9w3gDshM
Old 01-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Now, Forbes is a left wing organization.

How about the list of political donors that will not provide funding for the Reps and Senators who backed Trumps attempt to steal the election.

Or the largest business organization in the country, U.S. CHAMBER'S DONOHUE SAYS TRUMP'S CONDUCT LAST WEEK "WAS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AND COMPLETELY INEXCUSABLE

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 04:04 PM   #3
PaulS

Here is the quote from your link. “Let it be known to the business world: Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists... and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie. We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same skepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet,”

And I assume everyone understands they aren't talking about low level ees at Forbes or in the Trump admin.

So Forbes should just take on face value quotes from people who have lied repeatedly in the past w/o investigating the facts behind the quote?
Old 01-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Here is the quote from your link. “Let it be known to the business world: Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists... and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie. We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same skepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet,”

And I assume everyone understands they aren't talking about low level ees at Forbes or in the Trump admin.

So Forbes should just take on face value quotes from people who have lied repeatedly in the past w/o investigating the facts behind the quote?
i’m sorry, was the Clinton administration a living embodiment of virtue? must be very very convenient, to engage in selective memory.

Hilary said very forcefully, hat Bill
wasn’t cheating on her, but rather he was being framed by republicans. she also said she came under sniper fire on a trip which was a BS claim. but she can work anywhere she wants?

Sarah Sanders is a pathological
liar? she’s told worse lies than saying she’s been under sniper fire?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-12-2021, 04:28 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

When all else fails, there's always "But Hillary"

Amazon removes QAnon merchandise from its marketplace.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m sorry, was the Clinton administration a living embodiment of virtue? must be very very convenient, to engage in selective memory. Seems like you have the selective memory. NO ADMINISTRATION has lied like this one.

Hilary said very forcefully, hat Bill
wasn’t cheating on her, but rather he was being framed by republicans. she also said she came under sniper fire on a trip which was a BS claim. but she can work anywhere she wants?

Sarah Sanders is a pathological
liar? she’s told worse lies than saying she’s been under sniper fire?
Yes, Sarah Sanders is a pathological liar. You could not believe a word our of her mouth. Forbes ain't hiring Sarah Sanders. If you didn't lie repeatedly in the Trump admin. or stood there and shook your head yes when he lied, you have nothing to worry about.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #7
PaulS

A few of Sarah bigger lies:

•Denying knowledge of Trump’s in-office hush-money payoffs, despite the fact that Trump himself admitted to them;

•Claiming that Trump had created far more jobs for African Americans than Obama, when, in reality, Obama created four times as many as Trump;

•Insisting, with a straight face, that her boss had never “promoted or encouraged violence,” seemingly forgetting the time Trump told supporters at a rally, of a protester who’d been ejected, “I’d like to punch him in the face”; or the time he told a crowd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, “If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, okay. Just knock the hell—I promise you I will pay for the legal fees, I promise”; or the time he openly fantasized about “Second Amendment people” preventing the appointment of liberal judges; or the time he instructed police officers to knock suspects’ heads against the side of their squad cars.

•Smearing the many, many women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment or assault and claiming they are the liars;

•And, of course who could forget the time she created an elaborate yarn about how she’d heard from “countless…individuals who work at the FBI who said they were very happy” with Trump’s decision to fire James Comey, in an attempt to make the story that the firing was all about agency morale stick, and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Russia investigation. Which, of course, she admitted was a total lie during her interview with Special Counsel Robert Mueller. She subsequently doubled down, telling George Stephanopoulos that she only admitted to lying about hearing from “countless” people, before shifting the focus to Comey, who she described as a “disgraced leaker” and a “dirty cop.”
Old 01-12-2021, 05:47 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
A few of Sarah bigger lies:

•Denying knowledge of Trump’s in-office hush-money payoffs, despite the fact that Trump himself admitted to them;

•Claiming that Trump had created far more jobs for African Americans than Obama, when, in reality, Obama created four times as many as Trump;

•Insisting, with a straight face, that her boss had never “promoted or encouraged violence,” seemingly forgetting the time Trump told supporters at a rally, of a protester who’d been ejected, “I’d like to punch him in the face”; or the time he told a crowd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, “If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, okay. Just knock the hell—I promise you I will pay for the legal fees, I promise”; or the time he openly fantasized about “Second Amendment people” preventing the appointment of liberal judges; or the time he instructed police officers to knock suspects’ heads against the side of their squad cars.

•Smearing the many, many women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment or assault and claiming they are the liars;

•And, of course who could forget the time she created an elaborate yarn about how she’d heard from “countless…individuals who work at the FBI who said they were very happy” with Trump’s decision to fire James Comey, in an attempt to make the story that the firing was all about agency morale stick, and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Russia investigation. Which, of course, she admitted was a total lie during her interview with Special Counsel Robert Mueller. She subsequently doubled down, telling George Stephanopoulos that she only admitted to lying about hearing from “countless” people, before shifting the focus to Comey, who she described as a “disgraced leaker” and a “dirty cop.”

Here's my favorite, you criticize Sanders for "Smearing the many, many women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment or assault"

Yet Hilary, as First Lady, goes in front of the world, and refers to Bills accusers (and we KNOW that at least one of them was telling the truth) "narcissistic looney tunes". But you have no issue with that. None. Please explain.

Yeah, those are some serious principles you have there, Paul. Please, tell us what a tireless advocate Hilary is, for women.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Here's my favorite, you criticize Sanders for "Smearing the many, many women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment or assault"

Yet Hilary, as First Lady, goes in front of the world, and refers to Bills accusers (and we KNOW that at least one of them was telling the truth) "narcissistic looney tunes". But you have no issue with that. None. Please explain.

Yeah, those are some serious principles you have there, Paul. Please, tell us what a tireless advocate Hilary is, for women.
You're the one supporting the most vile person we've ever had as a president and make the most vile statements about women ever so if you want to look for someone with no principles look in the mirror. No wonder people call you a misogynist on this board
Old 01-12-2021, 06:28 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump and all his supporters involved in this breach of the capital deserve everything they have coming. If you aren’t watching all the video being released, then you don’t care how serious this was and how lucky more weren’t killed. Trump, his family and those inciting this mob deserve to be impeached, disbarred, sent packing from future federal office, criminally prosecuted,payback should be a bitch.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When all else fails, there's always "But Hillary"
Exactly - bring up the same couple quotes about Hillary or bring up the same quote from Biden over and over demonstrates how there's no equivalence between anyone else and the Trump administration.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Now even Moscow Mitch has come out stating Trump committed impeachable offenses, so even one rattlesnake understands the venom the other snake is spewing is a danger to his power and coalition.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:39 PM   #13
Nebe

Karma works in mysterious ways.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:49 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump and all his supporters involved in this breach of the capital deserve everything they have coming. If you aren’t watching all the video being released, then you don’t care how serious this was and how lucky more weren’t killed. Trump, his family and those inciting this mob deserve to be impeached, disbarred, sent packing from future federal office, criminally prosecuted,payback should be a bitch.
Hey, if Trump plotted a violent coup, he deserves all that.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:50 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Now even Moscow Mitch has come out stating Trump committed impeachable offenses, so even one rattlesnake understands the venom the other snake is spewing is a danger to his power and coalition.
Putin getting ready for a new relationship.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:59 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
McConnell and Liz Cheney are saying there’s no question he committed an impeachable offense.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're the one supporting the most vile person we've ever had as a president and make the most vile statements about women ever so if you want to look for someone with no principles look in the mirror. No wonder people call you a misogynist on this board
oh that wasn’t a cowardly dodge.

Paul: sarah sanders deserves to never work again, because she disparaged assault victims.

Jim: so did Hilary. why does she get a pass?

Paul: you make vile statements about women.

how about growing a pair, and answering the obvious question that a 6 year old would have asked you?
Old 01-12-2021, 07:04 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
i don’t support his personal behavior any more than you do. i have said he’s the worst person to hold that office in our lifetime. he’s absolutely incapable of acting like a mature adult/.

here’s the difference. unlike you, i can admit the truth that his policies have been beneficial for the country.

i despise trump.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:30 PM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
i don’t support his personal behavior any more than you do. i have said he’s the worst person to hold that office in our lifetime. he’s absolutely incapable of acting like a mature adult/.

here’s the difference. unlike you, i can admit the truth that his policies have been beneficial for the country.

i despise trump.
I think overall he has been the worst president of my lifetime. So if you want to pick some things and say he's done a good job more power to you. I think his environmental and economic policies have hurt the country and most of all hurt the poor and have benefited the rich. You view tax cuts as beneficial, I view them as stupid when we are running a huge deficit.Do I disagree with 100% of what he has done of course not but I choose to focus on the vast majority of his policies of which I disagree with.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
oh that wasn’t a cowardly dodge.

Paul: sarah sanders deserves to never work again, because she disparaged assault victims.

Jim: so did Hilary. why does she get a pass?

Paul: you make vile statements about women.

how about growing a pair, and answering the obvious question that a 6 year old would have asked you?
I'm not sure you recognize that I didn't type those lies from Sanders, I just cut and paste them. You're the one who mentioned Hillary Clinton in a post that has nothing to do with her but rather is about Forbes and what they think will happen with the people who have sold their soul to Trump and his lies.

you are the one who brought up Sarah Sanders. What I said is Sarah Sanders is a habitual liar who has shown that she will say anything to defend Trump. So I view her constant lying as different than Hillary's infrequent lies or stupid statements where she later says she shouldn't have said something and apologizes. I don't view comparing someone's infrequent statements with someone's frequent statements the same.

Last edited by PaulS; 01-12-2021 at 07:38 PM..
Old 01-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm not sure you recognize that I didn't type those lies from Sanders, I just cut and paste them. You're the one who mentioned Hillary Clinton in a post that has nothing to do with her but rather is about Forbes and what they think will happen with the people who have sold their soul to Trump and his lies.

you are the one who brought up Sarah Sanders. What I said is Sarah Sanders is a habitual liar who has shown that she will say anything to defend Trump. So I view her constant lying as different than Hillary's infrequent lies or stupid statements where she later says she shouldn't have said something and apologizes. I don't view comparing someone's infrequent statements with someone's frequent statements the same.
for the third time, you criticized sanders for disparaging assault victims.

You are going to great lengths, to avoid acknowledging that hilary did the same exact thing. only one conceivable reason why...it’s ok when democrats do it.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:52 PM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
for the third time, you criticized sanders for disparaging assault victims.

You are going to great lengths, to avoid acknowledging that hilary did the same exact thing. only one conceivable reason why...it’s ok when democrats do it.
I've always admitted she's done that. Every time I've discussed it with you. Some of it might have been she believed her husband. But the article was about Forbes and people in the Trump administration who lie constantly and have no credibility. And again there's no comparison between Hillary's lies and someone like Sarah Sanders and her lies. If you want to view that as defending Hillary so be it.

Last edited by PaulS; 01-12-2021 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-12-2021, 07:54 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
McConnell and Liz Cheney are saying there’s no question he committed an impeachable offense.
It’s so cowardly for them to say at this stage of Trumps term enough is enough, they could put up with all his BS for four years but not this week.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:17 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump's brand is destroyed forever. You cannot do business without any type of partners... When you think about the logo of Trump's business at this point, it's those people storming the Capitol"

Donny Deutsch

Sorry, I have no empathy
Old 01-12-2021, 10:11 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump's brand is destroyed forever. You cannot do business without any type of partners... When you think about the logo of Trump's business at this point, it's those people storming the Capitol"

Donny Deutsch

Sorry, I have no empathy
Ok then, let's move on.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:15 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m waiting for the Grand Jury
Old 01-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think overall he has been the worst president of my lifetime. So if you want to pick some things and say he's done a good job more power to you. I think his environmental and economic policies have hurt the country and most of all hurt the poor and have benefited the rich. You view tax cuts as beneficial, I view them as stupid when we are running a huge deficit.Do I disagree with 100% of what he has done of course not but I choose to focus on the vast majority of his policies of which I disagree with.
"I think overall he has been the worst president of my lifetime"

Easy to conclude that, when you willfully ignore every single positive thing he has done.

"So if you want to pick some things and say he's done a good job"

I, unlike you, consider everything. The good and the bad. It's not "me". What about the Gallup poll, done every presidential election year, where a record number in 2020 (even during a pandemic) said they were better off than 4 years ago? The poll was done during the pandemic, and never before, have more Americans claimed to be better off than 4 years ago. For me, the only conclusion is that Americans like his policies. You disagree with my interpretation of that poll (I don't see any other conclusion), but you don't offer an alternative.

I don't know how to judge his presidency overall. His character is so completely flawed, I don't know the words to describe it. But his policies, were in my opinion very positive, and the Gallup poll supports that. But he got creamed in the election, which tells us with zero ambiguity that the same people who liked his policies, didn't want to deal with the baggage. You can't often say that a one-term presidency was a smashing success, and I won't make that claim with Trump, it would be silly to try.

"I think his economic policies have hurt the country"

You are in a very, very small minority who really think that. The only thing that didn't get much better was the debt, and he deserves criticism for that. By just about every single other measure, he improved the economy meaningfully, and moreso for minorities. That's one of the reasons that liberal elites hated him. For all their talk, he did more for blacks than any president in my lifetime, and it's not even close. No one comes close. Liberals have been saying for decades that the 1990s crime bill was racist (and authored by Joe Biden, but let's save that for another time). Obama had control of both houses of congress for much of his first 2 years, he easily could have reformed that crime bill. He didn't. It took Trump. And I hate what Trump did with crime reform, but its what liberals in general, and blacks in particular, have been asking for, for decades. No one chose to deliver, until Trump. Why is that?

Paul, what does it say to you, that you criticize Sarah Sanders for insulting assault victims (which is very fair criticism), but you refuse to comment that Hilary did the same exact thing?
Old 01-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
"I think overall he has been the worst president of my lifetime"

Easy to conclude that, when you willfully ignore every single positive thing he has done.

I, unlike you, consider everything. The good and the bad. It's not "me". What about the Gallup poll, done every presidential election year, where a record number in 2020 (even during a pandemic) said they were better off than 4 years ago? The poll was done during the pandemic, and never before, have more Americans claimed to be better off than 4 years ago. For me, the only conclusion is that Americans like his policies. You disagree with my interpretation of that poll (I don't see any other conclusion), but you don't offer an alternative.

I don't know how to judge his presidency overall. His character is so completely flawed, I don't know the words to describe it. But his policies, were in my opinion very positive, and the Gallup poll supports that. But he got creamed in the election, which tells us with zero ambiguity that the same people who liked his policies, didn't want to deal with the baggage. You can't often say that a one-term presidency was a smashing success, and I won't make that claim with Trump, it would be silly to try.

"I think his economic policies have hurt the country"

You are in a very, very small minority who really think that. The only thing that didn't get much better was the debt, and he deserves criticism for that. By just about every single other measure, he improved the economy meaningfully, and moreso for minorities. That's one of the reasons that liberal elites hated him. For all their talk, he did more for blacks than any president in my lifetime, and it's not even close. No one comes close. Liberals have been saying for decades that the 1990s crime bill was racist (and authored by Joe Biden, but let's save that for another time). Obama had control of both houses of congress for much of his first 2 years, he easily could have reformed that crime bill. He didn't. It took Trump. And I hate what Trump did with crime reform, but its what liberals in general, and blacks in particular, have been asking for, for decades. No one chose to deliver, until Trump. Why is that?

Paul, what does it say to you, that you criticize Sarah Sanders for insulting assault victims (which is very fair criticism), but you refuse to comment that Hilary did the same exact thing?
Jim are you really stating the extremely small sampling the Gallup poll takes is a true representation of the millions of Americans? Please stop suggesting we refuse to acknowledge the good things Trump has done, the simple truth is many, myself included, don’t see them as good. But hang in there, your defense ordeal is almost over, a vacation for your efforts is days away.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:16 AM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
I've always admitted she's done that. Every time I've discussed it with you. Some of it might have been she believed her husband. But the article was about Forbes and people in the Trump administration who lie constantly and have no credibility. And again there's no comparison between Hillary's lies and someone like Sarah Sanders and her lies. If you want to view that as defending Hillary so be it.
Quote:
Easy to conclude that, when you willfully ignore every single positive thing he has done. That is exactly the opposite of what I said it did/do. My quote was: "I think overall he has been the worst president of my lifetime. So if you want to pick some things and say he's done a good job more power to you. I think his environmental and economic policies have hurt the country and most of all hurt the poor and have benefited the rich. You view tax cuts as beneficial, I view them as stupid when we are running a huge deficit.Do I disagree with 100% of what he has done of course not but I choose to focus on the vast majority of his policies of which I disagree with."

I, unlike you, consider everything. The good and the bad. That is exactly the opposite of what I said it did/doIt's not "me". What about the Gallup poll, done every presidential election year, where a record number in 2020 (even during a pandemic) said they were better off than 4 years ago? The poll was done during the pandemic, and never before, have more Americans claimed to be better off than 4 years ago. For me, the only conclusion is that Americans like his policies. You disagree with my interpretation of that poll (I don't see any other conclusion), but you don't offer an alternative.What do his polling #s show now?

Seems like you missed the top comment I made. Plus you are the one who brought both Hillary and Sanders into a thread that had nothing to do with them.

You recycle the same old things (repeatedly) about the Dems. bc you have so few and try to compare those few things to the 0,000s that Trump does and try to say there are the same.

Hillary - Deplorables, insulted assault victims, sniper fire
Obama - Guns
Biden - If you vote for Trump you ain't black, they'll put you in chains.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:48 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Traitors View Post

are you really stating the extremely small sampling the XYZ poll takes is a true representation of the millions of Americans?
nobody ever does this