Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #31
Cool Beans

How does it help? How is a picture any better than the owl pellets I looked at as a kid? What is the reason for it? How is it science?

Often people say "how does it hurt anything?" or "it doesn't do any harm." Instead of asking how does it help and what can we do to make it better?

Just because something does no harm doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

The microscope is just the last straw in many pro Obama experiences my kids bring home from school, both prior to and after the election.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
How does it help? How is a picture any better than the owl pellets I looked at as a kid? What is the reason for it? How is it science?

Often people say "how does it hurt anything?" or "it doesn't do any harm." Instead of asking how does it help and what can we do to make it better?

Just because something does no harm doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

The microscope is just the last straw in many pro Obama experiences my kids bring home from school, both prior to and after the election.
You haven't read a single post in this thread have you?

-spence
Old 06-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #33
Cool Beans

Huh?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #34
Backbeach Jake

The kids don't get to look at owl pellets and swamp water because today someone would sue for exposing them to possible typhoid or avian flu. There has been a campaign afoot for years to remove the people of this country from nature. Witness beach access closings for one.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Old 06-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #35
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Having 6th grade kids see an image of Obama in their microscope hurts them how? ____________________

You fill in the blank.

-spence
Put a picture of Christ under the microscope and hear the screaming. And that would hurt them, how?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #36
saltfly

The more I read this discussion.I just thought of my 6th grade class[we stayed in the same room all day].On the wall was the American flag hanging in the corner.A picture of every president was in order along the wall above the alpabet.We said the pledge of aliegence every morning.We said the lords prayer but I don't think it was everyday.In the windows were geraniums that were watered by assignment.At the rear of the classroom a friend and I had two terrariums with about 20 garter snakes and green snakes that the class fed earth worms.We had painted turtles in another that we fed and studyed about for two weeks then released back to the pond.We used microscopes[had one of my own at home] to look at all kinds of stuff in groups.What has me wondering in all this is...The kids are about 11yrs old and exposed to the media in a way that most of us never imagined.Yet we're afraid to show them a drop of pond water,vinegar[eels],pollen,and on and on.Putting a picture of the current president as an introduction to the microscope I really don't have an issue as long as it never comes back in science class.COOL BEANS...what else has happened in science class this week?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Put a picture of Christ under the microscope and hear the screaming. And that would hurt them, how?
yeah, Beans...ask your kids if in the Obama/FLOTUS pics they had halos above their heads....if they did, that would violate the separation thingy ... I'd be opposed to that....and Spence would argue that those weren't actually halos but something that George Bush caused prior to Obama ever being elected....get upset when they give your kids cucumbers and HOPE and CHANGE condoms(just for practice, so they won't be punished)...as long as they're not pledging their allegiance to Obama(yet) it's not a big deal....

I think I almost agree with Spence on this...crap....Global Cooling had begun in Hell...I went to Gaudet...
Old 06-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I think even you can understand the difference

-spence
Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #39
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
There has been a campaign afoot for years to remove the people of this country from nature. Witness beach access closings for one.
Yeah Fred, i don't get it? I have friends in Calif saying there has been a campaign afoot there to try and get people out of the natural country areas back into the urban areas. A control thing for keeping nature pristine, or to just keep people where they can watch over them?
Where is the liberty?

" Choose Life "