Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

3 Stooges

We all have a comfort level with Bolton, Pompeo and Trump managing the escalating Iran situation? Real management or bad actors? I think Trump has proved he is an actor, the belittling of his chief of staff having the nerve to cough during his interview shoot, proves the acting was more important than treating someone with respect.

Bolton we know has been chomping at the bit to stir up some action and Pompeo is a lap dog clearly as evidenced by his response to questions about Trump stating he’d be ok taking oped from a foreign power.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
We all have a comfort level with Bolton, Pompeo and Trump managing the escalating Iran situation? Real management or bad actors? I think Trump has proved he is an actor, the belittling of his chief of staff having the nerve to cough during his interview shoot, proves the acting was more important than treating someone with respect.

Bolton we know has been chomping at the bit to stir up some action and Pompeo is a lap dog clearly as evidenced by his response to questions about Trump stating he’d be ok taking oped from a foreign power.
Your worse than the New York Times . . . if that's possible.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:18 AM   #3
Jim in CT

i thought trumps getting upset that someone was coughing, was very telling of what a jerk he is. it says absolutely nothing about his ability to deal with iran.

i don’t think obama would
ever yell at anyone for coughing. Does that mean his idea to send a jet full
if cash to iran in the middle of the night, was the best way to deal with the mullahs?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-18-2019, 07:09 AM   #4
Nebe

Only three stooges? THEY ARE ALL STOOGES.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No comments on your comfort level with those three handling what could be a major hot spot blowing up? Just a problem that I find a Trumps treatment of people in general disgusting, it’s reality TV for him and I have no confidence a man with his thin skin, no reading skills and no interest if security briefings is going to handle this well.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Only three stooges? THEY ARE ALL STOOGES.
I was thinking the same thing.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
No comments on your comfort level with those three handling what could be a major hot spot blowing up? Just a problem that I find a Trumps treatment of people in general disgusting, it’s reality TV for him and I have no confidence a man with his thin skin, no reading skills and no interest if security briefings is going to handle this well.
you’re right i didn’t respond.

Iran has always been complicated, my comfort level with trump to deal with it, isn’t a lot different than my comfort level with any other potus since i’ve been alive.

if all he was, is a reality show clown, how do you explain how
much better things are compared to the day he took office? his economic performance absolutely defies what obama
and paul krugman said was possible. he had taken the economy to places that no one else could accomplish. does that not suggest that despite his clownish attributes, that he can also solve some complex
problems?

i don’t like
Bolton, and i wish Mattis was still there.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:36 AM   #8
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

This is my first post---EVER--- in the political forum.
You guys should all lighten up. You won't solve anything by criticizing each other's views and then resorting to name calling.

No boat, back in the suds.