Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #61
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
You make some good points here but it is not so simple to earn the badge of snowflake. See PeteF and his routine filibuster to grasp a true and dedicated #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. Spence used to chase the title but the Donald wore him out. Wayne simply chases his own tail while blowing a rape whistle.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're confusing fatigue with boredom. You're really boring.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:04 AM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Nah, that's not hate...

This is hate.

That is a professionally edited hit job. As far as hate goes, if I believed that some teen aged "children" did what they were convicted of, I would hate them.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That is a professionally edited hit job. As far as hate goes, if I believed that some teen aged "children" did what they were convicted of, I would hate them.
Yea, Ken Burns, what a hack.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so nothing that happened before trump, matters? if you didn’t care that obama did something but go berserk when trump does the same thing, it’s not legitimate to point that out? it’s not valid o question the glaring double standard?
You're the one who's head keeps exploding, claiming that but Hillary etc. as justification for Trump. And now it's Obama
Who announced that all pre-existing rules and standards were thrown out the window, on the day Trump took office? I missed that announcement I guess.
https://www.brookings.edu/interactiv...the-trump-era/

Where are the concentration camps where millions of illegals are being slaughtered? I can’t find any stories about them, but it must be true, right? AOC said he set up concentration camps, and i haven’t seen anyone except foxnews say she’s lying. and you can’t trust foxnews, right? So where are these death camps? or was AOC lying, and the mainstream
media refuses to say so? Which is it?
Where did you come up with "death camps"? Are you claiming AOC said that? or hallucinating with the TDS that you keep projecting onto others?

Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, has a more global definition.
“We have what I would call a concentration camp system,” Pitzer says, “and the definition of that in my book is, mass detention of civilians without trial.”
"What's required is a little bit of demystification of it," says Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia. "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Where did you come up with "death camps"? Are you claiming AOC said that? or hallucinating with the TDS that you keep projecting onto others?

Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, has a more global definition.
“We have what I would call a concentration camp system,” Pitzer says, “and the definition of that in my book is, mass detention of civilians without trial.”
"What's required is a little bit of demystification of it," says Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia. "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."

i’m not excusing trumps behavior, i criticize it all the time. i just ask for a speck of consistency from the likes of you. But you are literally and explicitly saying that the standards of 2016 and prior, no longer apply. Your side changed the rules with Trump.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:

he’s compared to Hitler all the time. Don Lemon did it last night, you can ask one of the 12 people
who were watching.

if your definition of a concentration camp is a place where people are held without trial, (1) that’s way outside what most people think of when they think of that term and you know it, and (2) even by that definition, it’s asinine to say that’s what we are setting up. these people are detained until
they have hearings, not indefinitely.

and again, keeping kids in cages during obama’s presidency, was never an issue. it only became immoral in january 2017. right?
Old 06-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #67
scottw

Quote:
You're confusing fatigue with boredom. You're really boring.
he's hilarious...you are tiresome
Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:

Where did you come up with "death camps"? Are you claiming AOC said that?
ummm...like....yeah

I think her word was "consecration" camps
Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
he’s compared to Hitler all the time. Don Lemon did it last night, you can ask one of the 12 people
who were watching.

if your definition of a concentration camp is a place where people are held without trial, (1) that’s way outside what most people think of when they think of that term and you know it, and (2) even by that definition, it’s asinine to say that’s what we are setting up. these people are detained until
they have hearings, not indefinitely.

and again, keeping kids in cages during obama’s presidency, was never an issue. it only became immoral in january 2017. right?
You didn't answer my question. Or is the he's (I assume Trump) compared to Hitler all the time an answer?

Who were the eleven people besides you who were watching Lemon and why would I care, especially since it is apparently such a limited audience.

I think perhaps you may have attained the rank among Trumplicans of Obergruppensplainer. SAD

If you look at Trump campaign supporters being rewarded look no further than who is holding immigrants and see GEO Group and CoreCivic stock prices.
Just a little view of the Trump swamp, that he claimed to be draining.
Wonder what his and his families holdings of those stocks amount to?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Or is the he's (I assume Trump) compared to Hitler all the time an answer?

Who were the eleven people besides you who were watching Lemon and why would I care, especially since it is apparently such a limited audience.

I think perhaps you may have attained the rank among Trumplicans of Obergruppensplainer. SAD

If you look at Trump campaign supporters being rewarded look no further than who is holding immigrants and see GEO Group and CoreCivic stock prices.
Just a little view of the Trump swamp, that he claimed to be draining.
Wonder what his and his families holdings of those stocks amount to?
"You didn't answer my question"

Was the question, where did I come yup with death camps?

Answer: From Fredo Ocasio-Cortez. She said Trump is setting up concentration camps where people are being brutalized and killed, and she said "never again", a phrase commonly associated with the Holocaust.

She specifically referred to people at these concentration camps, as being "brutalized" and "killed". I concluded she was referring to death camps. You disagree. Fine.

I answered your question directly. Return the favor? Do you stand by your comment that it's "bizarre" of me to claim that Biden said the things he said? Or was I 100% correct that he said them?
Old 06-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"You didn't answer my question"

Was the question, where did I come yup with death camps?

Answer: From Fredo Ocasio-Cortez. She said Trump is setting up concentration camps where people are being brutalized and killed, and she said "never again", a phrase commonly associated with the Holocaust.

She specifically referred to people at these concentration camps, as being "brutalized" and "killed". I concluded she was referring to death camps. You disagree. Fine.

I answered your question directly. Return the favor? Do you stand by your comment that it's "bizarre" of me to claim that Biden said the things he said? Or was I 100% correct that he said them?
Who is Fredo? Is she a relative of the junior representative from NY that Trumplicans love to hate? Or is that a name Tucker Hannity came up with?

You have now lost your way and are in the wrong thread, your cubicle mates must be scratching their heads at your mumbling.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who is Fredo? Is she a relative of the junior representative from NY that Trumplicans love to hate? Or is that a name Tucker Hannity came up with?

You have now lost your way and are in the wrong thread, your cubicle mates must be scratching their heads at your mumbling.
Fredo is a reference to the film The Godfather, Fredo was the idiot who couldn’t do anything and was constantly embarrassing himself. It fits someone who would compare trump to hitler.

pete, if you think i’m angry, i’m not. the gop is doing great at the moment, my IRA is up, my net pay is up, any fellow citizens are working. i suspect trump will get clobbered next year, which is ok, the pendulum swings in both directions, that’s healthy.

when i point out the obvious hypocrisy displayed by you and spence, i’m laughing when i do so, not angry. believe that, don’t believe it, i could care less.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
You make some good points here but it is not so simple to earn the badge of snowflake. See PeteF and his routine filibuster to grasp a true and dedicated #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. Spence used to chase the title but the Donald wore him out. Wayne simply chases his own tail while blowing a rape whistle.
funny you cry the most here.. why is that
Old 06-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #74
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
funny you cry the most here.. why is that
I am an emotional guy and you are the the tough guy?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #75
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's hilarious...you are tiresome
The fact he acknowledged the joke with a response is enlightening. Very sad.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #76
spence

Quote:
The fact he acknowledged the joke with a response is enlightening. Very sad.
Looks like Trump doesn't have any new material, neither do you. Yawn.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #77
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

His rally was filled with the same old same old, like traveling back in time and of course it was filled with the usual lies and false statements.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #78
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Looks like Trump doesn't have any new material, neither do you. Yawn.
Sending you good thoughts tonight Jeff.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2019, 06:25 AM   #79
scottw

Quote:
Looks like Trump doesn't have any new material Yawn.
the democraps do?...well...I guess if you count new stuff to give away

Posted from my OBAMAPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by scottw; 06-20-2019 at 08:26 AM..
Old 06-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #80
detbuch

Quote:
Yea, Ken Burns, what a hack.
Ooooooooohhh . . . Ken Burns! Let us bow and scrape. The great Ken Burns has spoken!

Yeah, Ken Burns is very professionally capable of making something look like something else. He's not a hack. He's a very polished, professional writer who knows how to convince.

The edited clips in your video, taken out of context . . . you know . . . context! . . . the stuff you like to bring up in order to mitigate the stupidity of some opinion you hold . . .taken out of context makes Trump to be a really vicious, hateful, nasty, racist, whatever.

But Trump was reacting to the really vicious, hateful, nasty (and possibly racist) criminal stuff that was going on in the streets of NY at the time. And maybe the rage Trump was expressing, and was also reflecting the feeling of the citizens of that city, resulted in the election of Giuliani who cleared the mess up few years later. And, as for racism, Trump pointed out in his editorial that the crimes were against all races including blacks and latinos. The Central Park incidence was one small bit of the totality Trump was speaking about, not just about the five teens. When he called for the reinstatement of the death penalty, it was specifically for murderers, which was pretty clear if you read his now infamous editorial. He did not call for the death of the five teenagers. And for those who committed the brutal crimes other than murder (including, presumably, the five)which were threatening the civility of his city, he called for punishment, as a deterrent, not psychoanalytical analysis of "why" they are such twisted beings.

Over the top? Perhaps. But not what your video makes Trump out to be. And that was thirty years ago. People are demanding Trump apologize and criticize him for not doing so. He points out that the five were charged with other crimes for which they were not exonerated, and that many of the prosecutors still believe that the teens, as well as several others that night in the park, were guilty of the mayhem that was occurring that night (not just against the jogger).

I'm not going to say Trump is right, nor that he is wrong, but I'm not going to go oooohh, Ken Burns! Gotta believe what he portrays . . . because he is Ken Burns.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-20-2019 at 10:10 AM..
Old 06-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #81
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

When asked recently he used the same response he did in Charlottesville, good people on both sides. No remorse for the hell the innocent went thru, all about his own brand and image.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:47 PM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
When asked recently he used the same response he did in Charlottesville, good people on both sides.

Is there something wrong with that statement?

No remorse for the hell the innocent went thru, all about his own brand and image.
You're assuming that the teens were innocent of all charges, not just the rape. And, for Trump to be remorseful, he would have to believe that as well.

What he expressed at that time was about the "brand and image," as you put it, of New York and the people of all races who lived through the brutal crime that existed there until Giuliani cleaned it up.

The Ken Burns video that Spence posted is the typical kind of propaganda that informs the opinions of good people like you who don't know the full story.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:17 PM   #83
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

DNA proved someone else was responsible!
Old 06-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
DNA proved someone else was responsible!
Stubborn and willful myopia.