Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-22-2020, 09:33 AM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Actually, if Trump gets re-elected, and the Repubs win the House and Senate, that would go farther toward stabilizing our country than if the Biden-Ocasio Cortez-Omar-Bernie Sanders-Clinton-Pelosi-Schumer mess wins.
The sliver of voters who will ultimately decide this election, independents and moderate Republicans, correctly see Tweety as the ultimate Washington insider, someone who uses the power of the office to benefit himself, his cronies and his business interests.

The trends are not looking good for Tweety

“Fox News is no longer the same. We miss the great Roger Ailes. You have more anti-Trump people, by far, than ever before. Looking for a new outlet!”

It turns out that, just as you will never be woke enough, you will never be MAGA enough.

Biden is leading Trump among black voters 81% to 3%

National GE:
Biden 46% (+5)
Trump 41%

#Wisconsin:
Biden 48% (+10)
Trump 38%
#Pennsylvania:
Biden 48% (+9)
Trump 39%
#Michigan:
Biden 47% (+8)
Trump 39%
#Arizona:
Biden 45% (+4)
Trump 41%
#Florida:
Biden 45% (+2)
Trump 43%
#NC:
Biden 45% (+2)
Trump 43%

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #92
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The sliver of voters who will ultimately decide this election, independents and moderate Republicans, correctly see Tweety as the ultimate Washington insider, someone who uses the power of the office to benefit himself, his cronies and his business interests.

The trends are not looking good for Tweety

“Fox News is no longer the same. We miss the great Roger Ailes. You have more anti-Trump people, by far, than ever before. Looking for a new outlet!”

It turns out that, just as you will never be woke enough, you will never be MAGA enough.

Biden is leading Trump among black voters 81% to 3%

National GE:
Biden 46% (+5)
Trump 41%

#Wisconsin:
Biden 48% (+10)
Trump 38%
#Pennsylvania:
Biden 48% (+9)
Trump 39%
#Michigan:
Biden 47% (+8)
Trump 39%
#Arizona:
Biden 45% (+4)
Trump 41%
#Florida:
Biden 45% (+2)
Trump 43%
#NC:
Biden 45% (+2)
Trump 43%
Wow!! Looks really good for you. Maybe you can relax now. Give your typing fingers a rest. Go fishing. Play golf. Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow Biden is certain to win.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #93
Sea Dangles

The public is convinced

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wow!! Looks really good for you. Maybe you can relax now. Give your typing fingers a rest. Go fishing. Play golf. Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow Biden is certain to win.
Don't worry, I do all that.

It's not as hard as defending Tweety, who ruins the best laid plans of his supporters daily and then he blames them too.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #95
detbuch

Quote:

It's not as hard as defending Tweety, who ruins the best laid plans of his supporters daily and then he blames them too.
It may be hard for you to comprehend that not only do we all do that, but that more elbow grease is not expended in defending Trump than you apply to convicting him.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

See how quick he turns.
Funny how CNN stops being ‘fake news’ when he needs them. Tweety’s marks are on to the con and he knows it.

Tweety’s tweet today
Why doesn’t @FoxNews put up the CNBC POLL or the (believe it or not!) @CNN Poll? Hope Roger A is looking down and watching what has happened to this once beautiful creation!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-22-2020, 10:47 AM   #97
detbuch

Quote:
See how quick he turns.
Funny how CNN stops being ‘fake news’ when he needs them. Tweety’s marks are on to the con and he knows it.

Tweety’s tweet today
Why doesn’t @FoxNews put up the CNBC POLL or the (believe it or not!) @CNN Poll? Hope Roger A is looking down and watching what has happened to this once beautiful creation!
Uuhh . . . yeah . . . we all saw that before you thought it was necessary to point it out for us. We know, by now, that's what Trump does. We don't like a lot of what he does. But prefer that to what politically correct, socially unjust, leftist transformation of America, that the Dems will do if they gain power.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:56 AM   #98
detbuch

Quote:

Damn! I was hoping that the obvious collapse of Trump and the sure victory of Biden would release you from the laborious task of having to daily post your avalanche of Trump bashing. But . . . sigh . . . nah . . . your verbal diarrhea will just keep coming . . .
Old 05-22-2020, 11:09 AM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

You should realize that while campaigns are dynamic, views on Tweety are static. That means he has a very high floor and a very low ceiling. It also means no matter how much Tweety’s campaign tries to make this campaign about anything other than his performance during the covid-19 pandemic, that is what 2020 will be about.
95,000 dead
Over 1.6 Million infected
And “I take no responsibility”
Old 05-22-2020, 11:23 AM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
You should realize that while campaigns are dynamic, views on Tweety are static. That means he has a very high floor and a very low ceiling. It also means no matter how much Tweety’s campaign tries to make this campaign about anything other than his performance during the covid-19 pandemic, that is what 2020 will be about.
95,000 dead
Over 1.6 Million infected
And “I take no responsibility”
Thank you for informing me that Trump is trapped between a very high floor and a very low ceiling. It is obvious that he, being morbidly obese in such tight quarters, will be crushed by the inevitable next squeeze by floor or ceiling. Not a pretty picture for many of us, but for you, no doubt, a thing of beauty.

We can, then, look forward to your next batch of uplifting and charming news bites? Heaven knows, in these depressing times, we need some positive strokes.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Thank you for informing me that Trump is trapped between a very high floor and a very low ceiling. It is obvious that he, being morbidly obese in such tight quarters, will be crushed by the inevitable next squeeze by floor or ceiling. Not a pretty picture for many of us, but for you, no doubt, a thing of beauty.

We can, then, look forward to your next batch of uplifting and charming news bites? Heaven knows, in these depressing times, we need some positive strokes.
The floor and ceiling is Tweety’s approval rating, which has a historically narrow range and due to his divisiveness, real or perceived, he is unable to change it.

We will need a new President to have anything uplifting occur, victims don’t do uplifting and charming.
It’s not part of their schtick.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:
The floor and ceiling is Tweety’s approval rating, which has a historically narrow range and due to his divisiveness, real or perceived, he is unable to change it.

We will need a new President to have anything uplifting occur, victims don’t do uplifting and charming.
It’s not part of their schtick.
Of course . . . of course . . . you use all these marvelous and proven parameters of prediction. That's why you have been so consistently spot on with all your prognoses, projections, and conjectures.

And thanks much . . . it's a relief to come to the realization that we victims are not capable of saying or doing anything that might be uplifting. And, certainly, we possess no charming qualities whatsoever.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Of course . . . of course . . . you use all these marvelous and proven parameters of prediction. That's why you have been so consistently spot on with all your prognoses, projections, and conjectures.

And thanks much . . . it's a relief to come to the realization that we victims are not capable of saying or doing anything that might be uplifting. And, certainly, we possess no charming qualities whatsoever.
So you support Tweety because he is your fellow victim, shared values?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
So you support Tweety because he is your fellow victim, shared values?
I support Trump because he's not a looney lefty. And I share most of his political and economic values as opposed to the political, economic, and social values of The Dem Party which has become looney lefty. And I certainly don't consider Trump to be a victim. Are you serious? The man is a multi-millionaire and President of the United States.

He has learned from the past mistakes of Repubs like the Bushes, Romney's, McCains, etc, who did not reply and verbally fight back against the constant lies thrown at them and about them by the Dems. What he is doing is not being a victim. It's just fighting back.

Of course, then, you can even try to marginalize and cheapen that by claiming that he's playing victim

Last edited by detbuch; 05-22-2020 at 12:57 PM..