Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-04-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
wdmso

Genius insight

There are a lot of people out there who are listening to things I say and basing their opinions on them, and I think it’s very sad.”

People are listening to what I say one day and comparing it to something I said on a different day,” he said. “These are very sick and terrible people.”

Trump said that, if people persist in listening to him, he may stop talking altogether. “I think that’s a really good plan,” Trump said. “Dr. Fauci suggested it to me.”

this was several days ago another example of trumps logic and brilliance
Old 05-04-2020, 08:00 AM   #2
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

On February 28th Trump said the media is in hysteria mode over corona virus and on April 13th said the media minimized the risk from the start, only his base listens to him, everyone else long ago figured out he is just a clown. He says whatever comes into his pea size brain to make him feel good and pump up his ego and base.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 06:27 AM   #5
wdmso

Trump just adding to the list

"If we did very little testing, [America] wouldn't have the most cases," Trump said Wednesday. "So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad."
Old 05-11-2020, 06:35 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
He says whatever comes into his pea size brain to make him feel good and pump up his ego and base.
That is correct. It also doesn't mean that he can't be right once in awhile.

For the 100th time, when he restricted travel from China, the entire media attacked him for it, said it was unnecessary because the virus wasn't that deadly, that he was over-reacting. We know that in late February, Pelosi and DiBlasio went on TV and told their constituents it was safe to go out in public, crowded places. Did the media challenge Pelosi and DiBlasio on these idiotic statements?

And the worst public policy I've probably seen related to this virus, is the NY state order saying that nursing homes could not refuse to accept residents who were covid-19 positive. We know that a lot of vulnerable died in NY as a result of this inexcusably idiotic order (there were available beds to treat these people, why send them to nursing homes?). Yet Cuomo is treated like a hero in the media.

Trumps behavior and statements at the briefings was as bad as I'd expect - really, really bad. That doesn't mean the media didn't look at every reporting of the virus, through an anti-Trump political lens.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:08 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

He says whatever comes into his pea size brain to make him feel good.

this describes much of the venting here on a regular basis
Old 05-11-2020, 08:13 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this describes much of the venting here on a regular basis

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."