Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-28-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
How about looking at the parents income and how many children they have in the system.
Maybe that is something that can be discussed

Quote:
And base any refund based on that ..
It's not really a refund, it's more of a redirecting of funds for education

Quote:
also see if the child ever attended public school to start with.
What does that have to do with anything, if a parent decides what he wants his child's education needs to be from kindergarten on up, they are allowed

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-28-2022 at 01:16 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-28-2022, 12:18 PM   #2
wdmso

Trump defends meeting with known white supremacist, says he ‘knew nothing’ about him
Old 11-28-2022, 12:22 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Maybe that is something that can be discussed

It's not really a refund, it's more of a redirecting of funds for education

What does that have to do with anything, if a parent decides what he wants his child's education needs to be from kindergarten on up, they are allowed

Hard to claim they systems broken if you never used the system so claiming is broken . Then asking for public money to support religious schooling which is actually the push by the right for school choice

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-28-2022 at 01:18 PM..
Old 11-28-2022, 01:02 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

Hard to claim they systems broken if you never used the system so claiming is broken . T
Please. Anyone can look at the data and the results.

Many poor people stuck in these school systems are the ones begging for school choice. You make it sound like its all rich white people in the suburbs whose kids are already in private schools.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-28-2022 at 01:19 PM..
Old 11-28-2022, 04:30 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Please. Anyone can look at the data and the results.

Many poor people stuck in these school systems are the ones begging for school choice. You make it sound like its all rich white people in the suburbs whose kids are already in private schools.
Jim I linked an article again you just don’t like the answers
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-28-2022, 05:20 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim I linked an article again you just don’t like the answers
and i posted an article with facts not just partisan nonsense

You said it’s hard to criticize something unless you’ve been in it. but that doesn’t stop you from criticizing everything every republican has ever said or done, even if you’ve never been inside

You say educating kids is a parents responsibility, yet you won’t explain why you’re on with taking other peoples hard earned money to pay off your kids student loans, which obviously you chose to take on and are obviously your responsibility.

you demy me the right to use my own tax dollars to educate my kids. and at the same time, you have the right to my tax dollars to educate your kids. So everything is ok, as long as the money is flowing into your wallet. Make that wrong. That’s your only principle here.

Everything is ok when you do it. everything. But no one else can do those same things. amd you can’t offer a single syllable to explain.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hard to claim they systems broken if you never used the system so claiming is broken . Then asking for public money to support religious schooling which is actually the push by the right for school choice
Maybe I just like another school better, doesn't have to be based on me thinking the system is broken, and if someone wants to send their kid to a catholic school, so be it.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:29 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe I just like another school better, doesn't have to be based on me thinking the system is broken, and if someone wants to send their kid to a catholic school, so be it.
Religious schools No government money.. it’s easy. republicans trying to ignore the separation of church and state . Hell they don’t even want people to vote. Or have their votes counted

Officials in a rural, Republican-controlled county in Arizona have voted to delay certifying the results of this month's midterm elections and miss the state's legal deadline of Monday, despite finding no legitimate problems with the local counts.

The examples of conservatives revisionist history . Are crazy it’s hard to take them seriously
Old 11-28-2022, 05:36 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Religious schools No government money.. it’s easy. republicans trying to ignore the separation of church and state.
So I take it then that there should be no federal grant money or student loan forgiveness for students who attended BYU, Wake Forest, Boston College, Notre Dame or any other private religious schools?