Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
The real issue is existing supply already out there.... r....
this is bigger than MH issues which is a fraction of the issue

the majority of guns used in crimes are legally purchased but are stolen and not reported and with no digital data base near impossible to trace them back to an owner
Old 08-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
this is bigger than MH issues which is a fraction of the issue

the majority of guns used in crimes are legally purchased but are stolen and not reported and with no digital data base near impossible to trace them back to an owner
Which is exactly why I choose not to voluntarily give up any such weapons, rendering me undergunned. But I do agree, in a perfect world, no reason to have these weapons out in our communities...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

"If making things illegal stops people, then why do people continue to drink and drive, sell drugs, rape people, kill people, steal ... ?

Since all of the above are illegal, and people still do them, what makes you think that making any guns illegal will stop those that want to cause harm?"

I borrowed that but would like to know the answer from any of you who feel it is alright to infringe others' rights.

Pols wet their fingers and put them in the wind after an incident or 3 of some awful senseless violence and react instead of acting. I say if we allow them to continue to erode the constitution like they have been getting away with, then I suppose we get what we deserve and we will either be serfs or die defending our rights. It really is that simple. It is not "gun violence" it is senseless violence.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...fles-kind/amp/ I understand that statistics mean nothing to liberals but find this intriguing

ban hammers why don't you

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
wdmso

We recall products that hurt people, so why don't we recall assault rifles?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Quote:
We recall products that hurt people, so why don't we recall assault rifles?
We recall things that are defective. Plain and simple. You are once again pulling something as obscure as a safety recall as your reason for banning “assault “ rifles? They seem to work fine in most instances.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
"If making things illegal stops people, then why do people continue to drink and drive, sell drugs, rape people, kill people, steal ... ?

Since all of the above are illegal, and people still do them, what makes you think that making any guns illegal will stop those that want to cause harm?"

I borrowed that but would like to know the answer from any of you who feel it is alright to infringe others' rights.

Pols wet their fingers and put them in the wind after an incident or 3 of some awful senseless violence and react instead of acting. I say if we allow them to continue to erode the constitution like they have been getting away with, then I suppose we get what we deserve and we will either be serfs or die defending our rights. It really is that simple. It is not "gun violence" it is senseless violence.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...fles-kind/amp/ I understand that statistics mean nothing to liberals but find this intriguing

ban hammers why don't you
The Gun Lobby’s interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American People by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime. The real purpose of the Second Amendment was to ensure that state armies – the militia – would be maintained for the defense of the state. The very language of the Second Amendment refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires. – Warren Burger, Conservative Supreme Court Chief Justice

No issue with owning weapons I have issue with thinking you can have any weapon you want ..
Old 08-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
The real purpose of the Second Amendment was to ensure that state armies – the militia – would be maintained for the defense of the state.

What do you mean by "real purpose"? And what do you mean by "the militia"?

Here is a selection of quotes including by those who were involved with the creation of the Second Amendment, and who actually know why they wrote it, what it's purpose is, and what is meant by "the militia." In short, it was meant to be the final, ultimate, resource of self defense, especially against the tyranny of one's own government. And "the militia" was the whole body of the people capable of bearing and using arms:

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/t...is-says-it-all

The very language of the Second Amendment refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires. – Warren Burger, Conservative Supreme Court Chief Justice

No issue with owning weapons I have issue with thinking you can have any weapon you want ..
The "very language" of the Second Amendment does not refute that "every citizen" who can bear and use arms and is capable of correctly and efficiently using them has a right to any arms that can be borne by one person.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I'll ask again

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:03 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'll ask again

If all of the above were legal, would it increase or decrease their occurrence?

Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of man will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice without constraint.
Alexander Hamilton
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2019, 09:59 PM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
The Gun Lobby’s interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American People by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime. The real purpose of the Second Amendment was to ensure that state armies – the militia – would be maintained for the defense of the state. The very language of the Second Amendment refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires. – Warren Burger, Conservative Supreme Court Chief Justice

Wrong again, the mere ownership or choice of ownership of arms is supposed to protect all of us from a tyrannical government. But as you can see we are failing as they chip away at liberty with each breathe we take. Enough is enough.

of course you do, you are a Statist

Old 08-14-2019, 07:03 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Wrong again, the mere ownership or choice of ownership of arms is supposed to protect all of us from a tyrannical government. But as you can see we are failing as they chip away at liberty with each breathe we take. Enough is enough.

of course you do, you are a Statist
I know your smarter than a supreme court justice.. NRA and your view just another example if you say it enough it must be true. https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-106856size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Old 08-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
I know your smarter than a supreme court justice.. NRA and your view just another example if you say it enough it must be true. https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-106856size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Supreme Court Justices disagree with each other. So, I guess by your implication, some are smarter and others dumber. Supreme Court Justices have made vile or unconstitutional decisions, such as Dred Scott. The most important quality of a Supreme Court Justice, in my opinion, is fidelity to the Constitution. Justices who rule by various values of justice that come and go with generations, rather than by what the Constitution dictates, are the greatest enemies of the Constitution and our founding system of government.

SCOTUS Justices are not gods. They are fallible, all too human, sometimes vain and full of self-importance, or politically biased. Quoting one may tell more about you than the intelligence or constitutional fidelity of the judge. Read the Constitution for yourself. Stick to its words, not the opinions about those words other than the opinions of the founders who wrote it.