Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

For PaulS

I believe you are a supporter of Obamacare and you dont believe my continous raise in insurance costs are related to its passing.
Curious what your thoughts are on this? Doesnt seem like a lot of gray area to me.

ObamaCare Turns 3: 10 Disturbing Facts About Health Law - Yahoo! Finance

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Bunch of white supremacists wrote that article.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I believe you are a supporter of Obamacare and you dont believe my continous raise in insurance costs are related to its passing.
Curious what your thoughts are on this? Doesnt seem like a lot of gray area to me.

ObamaCare Turns 3: 10 Disturbing Facts About Health Law - Yahoo! Finance
Pls. pull up some quotes of mine and we'll compare them to what was said in the article (and we'll ignore Jim).

Last edited by PaulS; 03-22-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Pls. pull up some quotes of mine and we'll compare them to what was said in the article (and we'll ignore Jim).
It's my hope that liberals like you ignore the complaints of everyone whose premiums go up, at least until the mid-term elections of 2014. Obamacare, once fully implemented, could do to the Democrats what the Iraq War did to the GOP in 2006. Lots of Democratic Senators up for re-election in 2014, in particluar, lots of Democratic senators from red and purple states who are going to be very vulnerable.

That tax hike thing on medical devices? The Democrat-controlled Senate voted overwhelmingly to repeal that tax. That's the tip of the iceberg.

You work in healthcare, and you seem very knowledgable on the subject. You have to know that Obamacare will result in steep increases when all the bells and whistles become law. Maybe not steep increases now, but when Obamacare is fully implemented. In an industry with lower-than-average profit margins, not even our Dear Leader can give more coverage to more people, for less money. It cannot be done.