Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
BillyBlanks

Send a message via AIM to BillyBlanks
Worst Day in a While

You wanna know what really ticks me off? I had a real bad day at work, and ended up getting out pretty late. I wanted to blow off some steam so I went to a local spot (usually unproductive, but it's the closest ocean spot to me). Got skunked, and on the drive home I got a $200 dollar speeding ticket. The thing is there were people flying past me in the left lane, and this trooper just runs out in the middle of the highway. Throwing his arms around like a maniac, if I wasnt paying attention I would've hit him. He had two people pulled over in front of me, and before I could take off he pulled over three more, one almost hit me! It kills me that they just have to meet thier quota at the end of the month so they hand out speeding tickets like candy on Halloween. He wouldn't explain anything to me, wouldn't even say a word. Is this really the only way you can pay for the big dig?!
BillyBlanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
basswipe

Its crunch time with the economy the way it is.Look out boys and girls they're pulling over anyone and everyone for any and all violations.

Btw the minimum ticket is now $95 in RI.How do I know?Got one Monday for going 5 miles over the limit.5 miles!!!
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
striperman36
Old Guy

I set the cruise control at 63 and I mostly get run over on 495. In the SLOW LANE!!!
5 mph over !! Isn't that within the tolerance of a speedometer?
Fight it in court
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

This is how government lives within its means--on the backs of its basically law abiding citizens. Traffic and parking tickets are a major source of revenue.

Why not try seizing the assets of every drug defendant caught in possession of more than 50 grams of dope? They usually just grab whatever cash the guy has laying around--they never go after the house, the car, the boat--all of the toys the drug money has bought. And these guys are way too smart to keep their cash with their stash--they usually just have operational money on hand, what they need/take for the day's business. Too much trouble to go after hard assets. Easier to conduct a ticket blitz and reap the money off honest citizens.

No one has 50 grams or more for personal use

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
I set the cruise control at 63 and I mostly get run over on 495. In the SLOW LANE!!!
5 mph over !! Isn't that within the tolerance of a speedometer?
Fight it in court
No time with having to keep an eye on my dad.With the price of gas and having to go all the way out to Wakefield and still having the possibility of paying court costs it just isn't worth my time to fight it.

Paid online.Done with it.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
FishermanTim

The last ticket I had gotten was a parking ticket that I just wanted to get done with. After the state sent me 2 notices for the same violation, I decided (since at the time I had them on hand)nto mail the payment and used all the $.01 stamps I had. The ONLY place that wasn't covered by stamps was the delivery address.
I also sent a "poison pen letter" where I let loose a barage of cleverly worded insults (NO threats) and I felt better.
I mean, they can't do anything if you are paying the fine. So what if you are calling them exactly what they are.....CROOKS?

Good luck in the future.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBlanks View Post
You wanna know what really ticks me off? I had a real bad day at work, and ended up getting out pretty late. I wanted to blow off some steam so I went to a local spot (usually unproductive, but it's the closest ocean spot to me). Got skunked, and on the drive home I got a $200 dollar speeding ticket. The thing is there were people flying past me in the left lane, and this trooper just runs out in the middle of the highway. Throwing his arms around like a maniac, if I wasnt paying attention I would've hit him. He had two people pulled over in front of me, and before I could take off he pulled over three more, one almost hit me! It kills me that they just have to meet thier quota at the end of the month so they hand out speeding tickets like candy on Halloween. He wouldn't explain anything to me, wouldn't even say a word. Is this really the only way you can pay for the big dig?!
They don't have a quota. They can write as many as they want.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #8
saltfly

appeal the ticket.if your driving record is good it should be squashed.they have to appear[or a representitive of the sp] and alot of the time they don't.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
BillyBlanks

Send a message via AIM to BillyBlanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltfly View Post
appeal the ticket.if your driving record is good it should be squashed.they have to appear[or a representitive of the sp] and alot of the time they don't.

Yeah I sent the ticket in yesterday requesting a hearing. I have a good record, only one other ticket. I still get the good driving discount on insurance, but if this one hits my record I'll lose it. The trooper didnt have me sign it, nor did he fill out any details under the detail section, its hard to read, so we'll see how the representing state trooper presents it in the magisrtate hearing.
BillyBlanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
Raven

Thumbs down the black Box

you would think that we'd be able to
prove one way or another
with the vehicles Black box
if there was speeding involved or NOT

but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
that would be way to EASY

sorry for your Bad day Billy....

but you cannot have a good day or a great day
without an occasional BAD day
unfortunately
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #11
Bob Thomas
No Shorts On

Send a message via AIM to Bob Thomas
$200 = 20 mph over the speed limit ($50 for the first 10 mph over, $10 each mph over that and $50 "Head injury fund surcharge)

Troopers are using Lidar more and more now. For those that don't know, it is a laser beam that hits the car directly, reads speed and distance and whether closing or gaining. VERY accurate!

LIke someone said, we don't have quotas...we can write as many as we want I had a Judicial hearing for a ticket and a kid asked me if I had a quota. I used that line and had the court in hysterics. He lost!

Seriously, fight it and don't go in with an attitude. I can't tell you how many people that go in with an attitude and get hammered by the Clerk Magistrate, not the officer!! Be apologetic, sorry...basically kiss arse and you might have a fighting chance!

As for the ticket itself, the only thing that needs to be filled out is speed and speed limit along with your info. Nothing more. And you are not required to sign any MA tickets.

Bob Thomas
Bob Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote