Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Sondland remembers

This is no small edit! Sondland has just blown Trump’s story apart, leaving mere shreds of orange skin and slimy fat.
Sondland submitted this amendment to his testimony, saying other witnesses refreshed his recollection that military aid was withheld as part of Trump's push to get a Biden investigation going.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...land-Testimony

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

Eureka!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
PaulS

Another scummy member of our Admin.

Sad
Old 11-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Conspiracy normally involves multiple people, between all the corroborating testimony and the money trail eventually brought to light; the depth of corruption in this administration will be reveled.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Normal foreign relations to have the presidents personal attorney write a statement, Trump wanted to president of Ukraine to read, perfectly normal state Department procedures right guys🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #6
spence

Smoking gun.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #7
PaulS

If Trump was up right now he probably tweet that Sondland is a dog. We'll have to wait until he has his executive time in the morning.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:24 AM   #8
Duke41
got gas?

Does the fact the Bidens son was on the board of a Ukrainian gas company at $50K a month mean anything in this equation? He is or was also on a board of some Chinese company as well. Would he have been on either without the influence of his Joe. Isn't this an important issue as well. There is a lot of shady
stuff going on in Congress. Lets go after all of them.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:18 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
Does the fact the Bidens son was on the board of a Ukrainian gas company at $50K a month mean anything in this equation? He is or was also on a board of some Chinese company as well. Would he have been on either without the influence of his Joe. Isn't this an important issue as well. There is a lot of shady
If Trump had a clue about how to manage a large organization he might have been able to do that.
Nobody would have been able to object if he had made it a goal to reduce corruption in our Government and the rest of the world.
A little push here or there and if evidence existed some politicians could have been caught up in it.
Instead he did a hokey secret investigation with Colludy and his stooges and tried to coerce Zelensky into saying he was investigating Biden and tangled most of his administration up in it.
Now he’s claiming his great concern with corruption is what lead him to do that.
🍑🤡

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
Inappropriate but it isn't illegal and what part did dad have in this?
Old 11-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That thought only is acceptable when it applies to Republicans ..

Actions of a private citizen being compared to to the actions of POTUS

yet they have no evidence of wrongdoing by the private citizen which they gleefully ignore , yet insist its the same

But With trump they see no evil hear no evil and speak no evil .....
Old 11-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
dad was obama’s point person in ukraine, at a time when his son got a lucrative position he wasn’t qualified for, at a company rumored to be corrupt.

that’s a coincidence? you’re a lot smarter than that.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:52 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
That thought only is acceptable when it applies to Republicans ..

Actions of a private citizen being compared to to the actions of POTUS

yet they have no evidence of wrongdoing by the private citizen which they gleefully ignore , yet insist its the same

But With trump they see no evil hear no evil and speak no evil .....
what i see and hear, is that trump asked ukraine to do him a favor that could help him politically ( would also hurt him politically if they investigated and found nothing). even if we concede he used a quid pro quo ( still an if), there’s clear evidence of democrats doing the same thing.

so while i see the corruption there, the precedent has been set that it’s on. politicians don’t engage in who’s pro quo every day? vote for my bill and I’ll vote for yours?
Old 11-06-2019, 11:17 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If you are worried about nepotism then the other part of this equation is what is currently going on in the WH and Trump's administration.
It's far more than 50K a month and has drastic effects on national security.

To start, Floridaman set the ethical compass for his presidency low by failing to cut his own ties to the Trump Organization and not, as every recent president has done, releasing his taxes.

Then we move on to the daughter and son in law.
Jared's sister made news by promising US visas to rich Chinese in exchange for $500,000 investments in Kushner property.
Kushners’ company received an investment nearing $30m from Menora Mivtachim, one of Israel’s largest insurers, in the spring of 2017. This was shortly before the president and his son-in-law, who has been brokering Middle East peace, visited the country and before the announcement that the American embassy would be moving to Jerusalem.
Kushner also got at least four loans from Bank Hapoalim, Israel’s largest bank and currently under a US Department of Justice criminal investigation.
And there is 666 Fifth Avenue.............

Then we can go to his cabinet and Congress with the same stroke.

Chao has overseen the allocation of nearly $80 million in federal grants to Kentucky during her time as transportation secretary, designating a special intermediary to help the state navigate this funding process, a resource that few states have. It raises questions about whether Chao was treating Kentucky differently due to her relationship with McConnell.

This will fill books someday of how and why America failed.

George Washington warned against nepotism in America, refusing to give his own family members plum jobs and commissions precisely because that represented everything the revolutionaries loathed about Europe.

The Framers, all of whom were enmeshed and co-mingled and conflicted with other elite framers, understood that their children weren’t princelings and their families weren’t monarchs.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
dad was obama’s point person in ukraine, at a time when his son got a lucrative position he wasn’t qualified for, at a company rumored to be corrupt.

that’s a coincidence? you’re a lot smarter than that.
And you're a lot smarter to continuously try to defend this when there is zero evidence of anything illegal.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
what i see and hear, is that trump asked ukraine to do him a favor that could help him politically ( would also hurt him politically if they investigated and found nothing). even if we concede he used a quid pro quo ( still an if), there’s clear evidence of democrats doing the same thing.

so while i see the corruption there, the precedent has been set that it’s on. politicians don’t engage in who’s pro quo every day? vote for my bill and I’ll vote for yours?
All Trump was looking for was political ammunition, not an investigation and the truth. Read the deposition.

From Sondland's addendum to his testimony

In my October 17, 2019 prepared testimony and in my deposition, I made clear that I had understood sometime after our May 23, 2019, White House debriefing that scheduling a White House visit for President Zelensky was conditioned upon President Zelensky’s agreement to make a public anti-corruption statement.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
And you're a lot smarter to continuously try to defend this when there is zero evidence of anything illegal.
it needs to be investigated...you are working with zero facts
Old 11-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never said Biden broke any laws.

Can you tell me, in plain English, what law Trump is accused of breaking regarding Ukraine?
Old 11-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I never said Biden broke any laws.

Can you tell me, in plain English, what law Trump is accused of breaking regarding Ukraine?
There are at least 5 at this time.

1) Illegally soliciting campaign help from a foreign government

2) Bribery

3) Misappropriation

4) Conspiracy

5) Obstruction

They are all felonies.

I forgot abuse of office, it’s only a misdemeanor
Those come right after high crimes in the Constitution

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-06-2019 at 03:38 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #20
PaulS

Thanks Pete
Old 11-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
There are at least 5 at this time.

1) Illegally soliciting campaign help from a foreign government

2) Bribery

3) Misappropriation

4) Conspiracy

5) Obstruction

They are all felonies.
Thats some list! Please specify how each of those apply to Trumps actions in the Ukraine, and more importantly, how they differ from the examples I've posted of Obama, Biden, and senate democrats asking for political favors from foreign governments, sometimes using quid pro quo very explicitly, sometimes asking for dirt on political opponents...why is it only impeachable when Trump does it?

Is it illegal for Hilary to ask the Justice Department for campaign help? Just curious. US attorney Durham will tell us soon enough.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #22
scottw

that's pete's christmas list for santa...sadly he's getting coal this year
Old 11-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #23
scottw

Quote:

Please specify how each of those apply to Trumps actions in the Ukraine, and more importantly, how they differ from the examples....
please don't encourage his endless cut and pasting
Old 11-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Thats some list! Please specify how each of those apply to Trumps actions in the Ukraine, and more importantly, how they differ from the examples I've posted of Obama, Biden, and senate democrats asking for political favors from foreign governments, sometimes using quid pro quo very explicitly, sometimes asking for dirt on political opponents...why is it only impeachable when Trump does it?

Is it illegal for Hilary to ask the Justice Department for campaign help? Just curious. US attorney Durham will tell us soon enough.
If you're so curious feel free to do your own research, I answered your question.

Just highlight and select search Google, then add Trump in

Like this https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...w=1098&bih=515

Keep in mind that this will be the second count for election law violations for Individual 1.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
All Trump was looking for was political ammunition, not an investigation and the truth. Read the deposition.

From Sondland's addendum to his testimony

In my October 17, 2019 prepared testimony and in my deposition, I made clear that I had understood sometime after our May 23, 2019, White House debriefing that scheduling a White House visit for President Zelensky was conditioned upon President Zelensky’s agreement to make a public anti-corruption statement.
"All Trump was looking for was political ammunition, not an investigation and the truth"

(1) If the investigation showed Biden was innocent, Trump looks like an idiot. He had a reason to ask for the investigation, a reason to believe it would pay off for him. I'm not saying he asked out of pure civic duty. But just because uncovering liberal corruption helps him, doesn't mean he can never investigate democrats. He is the executive branch, that's his job.

(20 the senate democrats asked Ukraine to investigate Manafort and Trump. How was that not "looking for political ammunition"?
Old 11-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"All Trump was looking for was political ammunition, not an investigation and the truth"

(1) If the investigation showed Biden was innocent, Trump looks like an idiot. He had a reason to ask for the investigation, a reason to believe it would pay off for him. I'm not saying he asked out of pure civic duty. But just because uncovering liberal corruption helps him, doesn't mean he can never investigate democrats. He is the executive branch, that's his job.

What investigation? "conditioned upon President Zelensky’s agreement to make a public anti-corruption statement"

(20 the senate democrats asked Ukraine to investigate Manafort and Trump. How was that not "looking for political ammunition"?
The letter says and was bought about by reporting in the NYT that Ukraine had stopped several investigations into corruption, I thought investigating corruption was good.

"We are writing to express great concern about reports that your office has taken steps to impede cooperation with the investigation of United States Special counsel Robert Mueller. As strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine, we believe that our cooperation should extend to such legal matters, regardless of politics. Ours is a relationship built on a foundation of respect for the rule of law and accountable democratic institutions. In four short years, Ukraine has made significant progress in building these institutions despite ongoing military, economic and political pressure from Moscow. We have supported that capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these principles in order to avoid the ire of President Trump. If these reports are true, we strongly encourage you to reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #27
Sea Dangles

🍔🙈
Old 11-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #28
scottw

I think they've been hypnotized by schifts creepy eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schiff-bug-eyes-620x566.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	66656  
Old 11-06-2019, 10:49 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

🍑🤡
Old 11-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Sondland’s journey
First he donates $1M to Trump.
His reward, he is made EU ambassador.
As ambassador he becomes ensnared in Ukraine mess by Trump and Giuliani.
Loyalist tries to defend them all.
Eventually he tells the truth.
Final reward he is thrown right under the bus and now Lindsey claims he is in cahoots with the Dems.
A made man would never flip, even if he had to go to jail for his boss.

Lets Go Darwin