Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
Jim in CT

biden bans travel from certain countries, that’s ironic

when trump restricted travel from china early on, the left attacked trump for it, Biden’s exact words were that it was hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongering.

but it’s wicked smaht when president Biden does it.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #2
wdmso

What no Rep. Lauren Boebert outrage ? shocking.

The United States joined several countries that acted on Friday to restrict travelers from southern Africa in an effort to slow the spread of a new coronavirus variant.

the administration will prohibit travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique

FYI Africa isn’t a single country ..

Iam guessing you missed the havoc the last 2 Covid variants caused ..

Trump said Democrats “loudly criticized and protested” his announced travel restrictions, and that they “called me a racist because I made that decision.” Trump is overstating Democratic opposition. None of the party’s congressional leaders and none of the Democratic candidates running for president have directly criticized that decision, though at least two Democrats have.

Once again you suggest Trump version on events is truthful because 2 Dems said something lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-28-2021, 04:28 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

this is stunning....
Old 11-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #4
spence

Pete, get some rest.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:

The United States joined several countries that acted on Friday to restrict travelers from southern Africa in an effort to slow the spread of a new coronavirus variant.

the administration will prohibit travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique

Trump said Democrats “loudly criticized and protested” his announced travel restrictions, and that they “called me a racist because I made that decision.” Trump is overstating Democratic opposition. None of the party’s congressional leaders and none of the Democratic candidates running for president have directly criticized that decision, though at least two Democrats have.

Once again you suggest Trump version on events is truthful because 2 Dems said something lol
Boebert is an idiot.Yiu didn’t get me with a zinger, i just don’t see a need to respond to everything that’s bothering you in one thread.

there, i responded to you.

now, tell me why it’s racist for trump
to restrict travel from china, but not a problem for biden to restrict travel from certain countries?

“Africa isn’t a single country.”

that’s what you got? so it’s xenophobic to restrict travel from one country? but not xenophobic to restrict travel
from multiple countries?

so if trump restricted travel from multiple asian countries, you’re saying that would have been ok?

makes all kinds of sense. it’s all about how many countries you restrict travel from. it’s got to be more than one.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is stunning....
it’s unbelievable.

restricting travel from a single country makes you a racist. restricting travel from two or more countries,,necessarily means you’re not a racist.

anything to avoid admitting that yes, there’s a double standard.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:13 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

biden called it hysterical
and xenophobic. is biden not a leader of the party?

biden called trump’s response to covid hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongerjng. biden made that statement, the day after trumps travel restrictions were announced.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-28-2021 at 07:28 AM..
Old 11-28-2021, 07:38 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

South Africa is fantastic at genomic surveillance. The USA is terrible at it. I understand the impulse to ban travel, but we have to ask, are we punishing SA for being so good at detection and global notification? And rewarding those that are bad at it or keep quiet?

It would be more effective to require vaccination and testing.
But we can’t do that because we have half a nation screeching and saber rattling that everything is an intrusion on their vague, twisted notion of what their rights are.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:13 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

if you would like to live somewhere that requires injecting stuff into your body and testing and other things...you do have many options out there

Florida is looking pretty safe for the rest of us right now....funny despite some here claiming that they were going to kill everyone there in a matter of months..

Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
Published November 27, 2021

oooohhh...maybe they have so few cases because everyone is dead?
Old 11-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
South Africa is fantastic at genomic surveillance. The USA is terrible at it. I understand the impulse to ban travel, but we have to ask, are we punishing SA for being so good at detection and global notification? And rewarding those that are bad at it or keep quiet?

But we can’t do that because we have half a nation screeching and saber rattling that everything is an intrusion on their vague, twisted notion of what their rights are.
constitution, shmonstitution.

and before you say it’s the right half of the country that’s opposed to what you want, remember that two groups with very low vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are die hard liberals.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
constitution, shmonstitution.

and before you say it’s the right half of the country that’s opposed to what you want, remember that two groups with very low vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are die hard liberals.
That’s about as true as that you don’t really support Trump

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
if you would like to live somewhere that requires injecting stuff into your body and testing and other things...you do have many options out there

Florida is looking pretty safe for the rest of us right now....funny despite some here claiming that they were going to kill everyone there in a matter of months..

Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
Published November 27, 2021

oooohhh...maybe they have so few cases because everyone is dead?
Actually based on November reporting of all states per 100,000 FL is #12 on the list of all 52 states, but i think a FL vacation for you and Jim is perfect, maybe share a drive down and a room or two on the way.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #13
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
when trump restricted travel from china early on, the left attacked trump for it, Biden’s exact words were that it was hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongering.

but it’s wicked smaht when president Biden does it.
Jim, you are really going to play that card? There has been a worldwide build up of science and resources to fight and learn about what this virus is capable of. At the time of Trump's action, there was little known and Biden was formalizing a legitimate run for the office. No one knew squat about Covid. Comparing the two is unfair. Biden has a much more developed scientific community to draw upon, that actually is working together to share information and early warning/detection. Your post would be putting Doolittle's Raiders up against the atomic bomb at even money.... Take your shots, but don't take cheap ones.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

Take your shots, but don't take cheap ones.
the point, obviously...was that Biden, Pelosi and others used the opportunity... to characterize trump's travel bans as racist, xenophobic and other horrible things that had nothing to do with the actual reasons for the travel bans...

you can surely figure that out....

"Let's go Brandon!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	68583  
Old 11-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Actually based on November reporting of all states per 100,000 FL is #12 on the list of all 52 states, but i think a FL vacation for you and Jim is perfect, maybe share a drive down and a room or two on the way.
florida’s recent case counts per 100k are the lowest in the nation. when florida’s weekly numbers were bad, you guys all piled on. now that hit weekly numbers are awesome, crickets are chirping.

since the beginning, their case rates are 12th. but they have a massive elderly population, and they haven’t locked down like other states have.

based on their elderly population ( when i looked it up, the data said Florida has the second highest elderly population of any state), that’s not bad.

GS you can mock FL all you want. Huge numbers of people are moving there. That’s the verdict. America rejects your assessment of Florida.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Jim, you are really going to play that card? There has been a worldwide build up of science and resources to fight and learn about what this virus is capable of. At the time of Trump's action, there was little known and Biden was formalizing a legitimate run for the office. No one knew squat about Covid. Comparing the two is unfair. Biden has a much more developed scientific community to draw upon, that actually is working together to share information and early warning/detection. Your post would be putting Doolittle's Raiders up against the atomic bomb at even money.... Take your shots, but don't take cheap ones.
you completely missed my point. my point was the hypocrisy. the left all
said trumps travel ban was racist. now travel bans are brilliant.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #17
wdmso

Jim’s left is 2 Dems. And Trumps only heroic actions on Covid was banning travel from China ..but he’ll ignore the rest of the story. Biden bans travel from like 12 countries in Africa along with other countries .. and thinks that’s racists cuz he must think only blacks live there ..?

Israel bans foreigners from entering country to stop Omicron variant.. and the right will praise Israel..lol

Also Vaccine makers are already pivoting their efforts to combat the new variant: testing higher doses of booster shots, designing new boosters that anticipate strain mutations, and developing omicron-specific boosters.

So let’s hope this variation isn’t deadlier than the delta or more transmissible

But we all know already who won’t take it.. so get your ivermectin and what ever new wonder cure will emerge examples below

What happened to Delta? Did it fly off somewhere? 😁

Cloudchopper

The fear factor wore off. It also did not sound so threatening. Omicron sounds ominous.

2 classic responses from MAGA land

It’s funny to what see what outrages and concerns conservatives .. PS where are all these shortages the Right wing media has been pushing

Conservatives are spinning these developments into a tale about how this supply chain catastrophe is ruining Christmas — and it’s all Biden’s fault. My local stores are stocked up by the way
Old 11-28-2021, 09:57 AM   #18
wdmso

xenophobic fear-mongering” is all about the “Chinese virus” phrasing Not about the ban

But we all know how Trumps base loved the term Chinese Virus and how sophisticated they think they are ! You don’t have to look hard to see their latest inspiration. lets Go Brandon .. or Gosar’s video or Boebert suicide bomber comment or Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to honor Kyle Rittenhouse with Congressional Gold Medal

But but Biden some how he is the real threat to Americans and America …. 😂
Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:

Jim’s left is 2 Dems.

nobody speaks more generally about more perceived groups, more often than you...
Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

he's not even a threat to tie his own shoes...
Old 11-28-2021, 11:01 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
xenophobic fear-mongering” is all about the “Chinese virus” phrasing Not about the ban

But we all know how Trumps base loved the term Chinese Virus and how sophisticated they think they are ! You don’t have to look hard to see their latest inspiration. lets Go Brandon .. or Gosar’s video or Boebert suicide bomber comment or Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to honor Kyle Rittenhouse with Congressional Gold Medal

he’s not a threat ( hearing those voices again). he’s a hypocrite. as are you.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:03 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

the right didn’t create let’s go brandon. the media did.

the left has no sense of humor. none. have you noticed that?

rashida talib can say on tv “impeach the motherf*cker”, and that’s fine with you. but you clutch your pearls in horror at “let’s go brandon.”.

deal with it. it’s not going away. it’s. reminder of how dishonest and biased the media and the left are.

you need a refresher on the things that were said about trump during his presidency?

what’s good for the goose…

Old 11-28-2021, 11:09 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

the left has no sense of humor. none. have you noticed that?

I have

also...a "cheap shot" is not attacking someone as a racist for political purposes as they implement policies meant to keep out or slow a deadly virus from entering of the country...a "cheap shot" is pointing out the hypocrisy and irony of the guy who leveled the racist charge doing the exact thing when faced with similar circumstances.....

it actually sounds like they are saying trump was brilliant and prescient with his travel ban because biden needs months of data and a million scientists diligently working to come to the same conclusion trump arrived at without the benefit of any of that
Old 11-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
I have

also...a "cheap shot" is not attacking someone as a racist for political purposes as they implement policies meant to keep out or slow a deadly virus from entering of the country...a "cheap shot" is pointing out the hypocrisy and irony of the guy who leveled the racist charge doing the exact thing when faced with similar circumstances.....

it actually sounds like they are saying trump was brilliant and prescient with his travel ban because biden needs months of data and a million scientists diligently working to come to the same conclusion trump arrived at without the benefit of any of that
it’s unbelievable. that party is falling apart, and people see it. there’s no hiding it.

they’re stepping on one lawn rake after another, hitting themselves in the face with one cream pie after another.

“let’s bo brandon” is uncivilized! after the things we listened to for four years?

only a deeply insecure person has no ability to laugh at themself.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:13 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
florida’s recent case counts per 100k are the lowest in the nation. when florida’s weekly numbers were bad, you guys all piled on. now that hit weekly numbers are awesome, crickets are chirping.

since the beginning, their case rates are 12th. but they have a massive elderly population, and they haven’t locked down like other states have.

based on their elderly population ( when i looked it up, the data said Florida has the second highest elderly population of any state), that’s not bad.

GS you can mock FL all you want. Huge numbers of people are moving there. That’s the verdict. America rejects your assessment of Florida.
You are too funny, do you know the retired have been moving to warmer places for decades?
Old 11-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are too funny, do you know the retired have been moving to warmer places for decades?
have fun answering this…why aren’t they moving to southern california, which also has nice weather? go ahead and answer that one, big guy.

also, NH isn’t losing big numbers of residents. they can’t build
$500,000 houses fast enough in the NH suburbs. isn’t NH cold?

i am hilarious, actually. but that’s not relevant there. what is relevant for you, is that i’m honest, thoughtful, and unlike you, i can praise or criticize either side.

florida is booming. and part of that obviously is retirees. but young people and businesses are also moving there, their economy is booming and the state unemployment is low. that’s not a function of retirees.

you can’t admit that, because it doesn’t serve your agenda. i’m not a zealot who needs to deny facts that make my side look bad, i have no problem admitting my sides flaws. none of you can do the same.

there’s plenty of good and bad people, good and bad ideas, on both sides. not one if you guys can admit that . you’re too insecure.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:29 PM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
biden called it hysterical
and xenophobic. is biden not a leader of the party?

biden called trump’s response to covid hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongerjng. biden made that statement, the day after trumps travel restrictions were announced.
Yeah, I am going to call this one out for proof, Jim. My meager search results show this was referring to travel bans from Predominantly Muslim countries well BEFORE the world even heard of Covid.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:34 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
have fun answering this…why aren’t they moving to southern california, which also has nice weather? go ahead and answer that one, big guy.

also, NH isn’t losing big numbers of residents. they can’t build
$500,000 houses fast enough in the NH suburbs. isn’t NH cold?

i am hilarious, actually. but that’s not relevant there. what is relevant for you, is that i’m honest, thoughtful, and unlike you, i can praise or criticize either side.

florida is booming. and part of that obviously is retirees. but young people and businesses are also moving there, their economy is booming and the state unemployment is low. that’s not a function of retirees.

you can’t admit that, because it doesn’t serve your agenda. i’m not a zealot who needs to deny facts that make my side look bad, i have no problem admitting my sides flaws. none of you can do the same.

there’s plenty of good and bad people, good and bad ideas, on both sides. not one if you guys can admit that . you’re too insecure.
Like I sad you are too funny, google what retired are looking for, it’s warmth, but to some it’s dry as well, culture, skiing, fishing, taxes, real estate pricing, health care, the fact FL is right leaning I’m sure isn’t at to top of anyone’s check list ahead of picking a retirement location. Don’t get your needle stuck on my account, I’ve got a game to watch, but I know you it’s too hard for you to not do it. I’ve missed poking fun at you and the snarky one, but this board has gotten boring and repetitive.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Like I sad you are too funny, google what retired are looking for, it’s warmth, but to some it’s dry as well, culture, skiing, fishing, taxes, real estate pricing, health care, the fact FL is right leaning I’m sure isn’t at to top of anyone’s check list ahead of picking a retirement location. Don’t get your needle stuck on my account, I’ve got a game to watch, but I know you it’s too hard for you to not do it. I’ve missed poking fun at you and the snarky one, but this board has gotten boring and repetitive.
“leaning right” is why florida has low taxes, and low cost of living, attractive pricing. how can you not know this?

GS, can you please point me to a very liberal state, which is also a cheap place to live - low taxes, reasonable real
estate prices, etc,?
Old 11-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #30
Jim in CT

GS: no one moves to florida because it’s conservative! rather, they move to florida because of the very low taxes, the low cost of living, the preponderance of individual liberty, the strong robust economy, the tough stance on crime, the state’s fiscal responsibility, etc…but not because of the conservative politics!

ahh, lobbing personal insults, the last act of one who knows he lost.