Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Poking Around This Weekend

I thought I might give a few spots from shore this weekend a shot. I know herring are in the run in pembroke, plymouth, and kingston so maybe there are few schoolies around. Anyone else going out this weekend? Perfect early morning and late afternoon tides around my area so I'll probably fish the turn at 6:30am and at 7pm. So who else is chomping at the bit?

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Thumper

I went out last weekend just messing around, nothing was around in my area. But who knows maybe they were.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Signs of Life

Went out 6:30pm. Pulled on the waders and off I was. Felt good to be all alone on the bay. Make a few casts with a 3" pearl shad and feeling like nothing is going to happen but I'm enjoying myself none the less. Then out of know where a spalsh 10 yards in front of me! That got the juices flowing and I made many casts but nothing. Hard to tell if they were stripers could have been shad which I've seen this time year before. Who knows, I switched to top water spook but nothing. There were a few more busts of the surface but they weren't interested in my offerings. Ahhhhh, the season has begun for me! Bring it on baby!!!!

Last edited by MarshCappa; 04-18-2009 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling, missing words. Must be the tequilla!

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote