Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

WWHD

So today I got my annual piece of paper that I am required to sign, stating that I will protect all data within my reach.

It states that if I mishandle data in any way that I can be punished up to and including, loss of job and imprisonment.

Before I signed it I thought to myself, hmmmmm, WWHD???

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
fishbones

Be careful what you say about HRC. You may be the next acquaintance of hers to end up dead.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-28-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Be careful, you may have unintentionally posted an item that is on your secure calendar, like General Petreaus did, and lost his job and barely missed imprisonment and lucky to get a 2 year suspended sentence / probation.

Now, if it is on your private email server in the cabinet over your bidet, you are OK.

/sarc

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Be careful, you may have unintentionally posted an item that is on your secure calendar, like General Petreaus did, and lost his job and barely missed imprisonment and lucky to get a 2 year suspended sentence / probation.

Now, if it is on your private email server in the cabinet over your bidet, you are OK.

/sarc
Ummm, he knowingly and willingly disclosed classified information to his mistress. Big difference...
Old 06-29-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Ummm, he knowingly and willingly disclosed classified information to his mistress. Big difference...

Hillary knowingly and willingly stored tens of thousands of government related documents - some sensitive and some classified - in an insecure and illegal place. Far worse.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Ahhhhh, no big deal John, convenience is always more important than security....
Old 06-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

She's just soooooo important......did you see this tidbit.....amazing.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...y-clinton.html
Old 06-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Hillary knowingly and willingly stored tens of thousands of government related documents - some sensitive and some classified - in an insecure and illegal place. Far worse.
Your statement is simply not true.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If he loses the word "Illegal"......it would then be spot on.

But there is still time for that word to be added later.....
Old 06-30-2016, 04:42 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
She's just soooooo important......did you see this tidbit.....amazing.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...y-clinton.html
your source of information says a lot... about yours and others Hillary obsession ... but the Donald calls for the return of waterboarding against Islamic State militants, saying: "I like it a lot." but all is

Ms. Smith (not her real name) is a freelance writer and programmer with a special and somewhat personal interest in IT privacy and security issues. She focuses on the unique challenges of maintaining privacy and security, both for individuals and enterprises. She has worked as a journalist and has also penned many technical papers and guides covering various technologies. Smith is herself a self-described privacy and security freak.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:16 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
your source of information says a lot... about yours and others Hillary obsession ... but the Donald calls for the return of waterboarding against Islamic State militants, saying: "I like it a lot." but all is

Ms. Smith (not her real name) is a freelance writer and programmer with a special and somewhat personal interest in IT privacy and security issues. She focuses on the unique challenges of maintaining privacy and security, both for individuals and enterprises. She has worked as a journalist and has also penned many technical papers and guides covering various technologies. Smith is herself a self-described privacy and security freak.
Still trying to see what your point is? Network World a Right wing source of news???? She works in IT and is concerned about Security and Privacy issues so her article is invalid???

Maybe if Hillary was as obsessed with IT Security and Privacy, as the writer, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.

Is ABC news better?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/state...ry?id=40078931

and I love how because I think Hillary is unfit to be president that I MUST be a Trump supporter.....I think he is equally unfit as well...just for different reasons.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:34 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
If he loses the word "Illegal"......it would then be spot on.
Also need to lose the knowingly and willingly parts.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #13
spence

Quote:
Still trying to see what your point is? Network World a Right wing source of news???? She works in IT and is concerned about Security and Privacy issues so her article is invalid???

Maybe if Hillary was as obsessed with IT Security and Privacy, as the writer, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.

Is ABC news better?

and I love how because I think Hillary is unfit to be president that I MUST be a Trump supporter.....I think he is equally unfit as well...just for different reasons.
Your ABC News article refutes your Network World article. To be honest I wish you'd fact check your own posts more often
Old 06-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Also need to lose the knowingly and willingly parts.
So you're saying that's another Checkmark in the "Too Stupid" column....

Old 06-30-2016, 07:53 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Your ABC News article refutes your Network World article. To be honest I wish you'd fact check your own posts more often
Maybe you should read the whole article.....

"Following much deliberation, the IT staffers at the State Department decided to temporarily disable at least one “anti-spam filter.” After the fixes were made, one staffer wrote, “We view this as a Band-Aid and fear it is not 100% full effective.”

Old 06-30-2016, 08:03 AM   #16
Nebe

im curious how much spence is getting paid by the hillbot campaign.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
im curious how much spence is getting paid by the hillbot campaign.
he's probably getting paid in nude polaroids and soiled panties....

Old 06-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #18
Nebe

Bills panties?
Old 06-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

His aren't on long enough to get soiled

Old 06-30-2016, 10:48 AM   #20
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
soiled panties....
Ewe....my first thought was lobster bait, but then a drift chute for a 60'er seemed more likely.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
but the Donald calls for the return of waterboarding against Islamic State militants, saying: "I like it a lot." but all is

Well, when multiple former heads of CIA say that waterboarding produced actionable intelligence, is the POTUS supposed to ignore that?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:38 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Hilary has nothing to worry about, she sent her husband to meet secretly with the attorney general, whose FBI is investigating Hilary. That's not the least bit suspicious!

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...ely-in-phoenix
Old 06-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #23
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hilary has nothing to worry about, she sent her husband to meet secretly with the attorney general, whose FBI is investigating Hilary. That's not the least bit suspicious!

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...ely-in-phoenix
I believe Hillary has to be President or the #^&#^&#^&#^& is going to hit the fan when the truth about her finally comes out. The arrogance and obvious psychosis reminds me of a villan in a James Bond movie . I can't for the life of me figure out why an intelligent person like Spence continues to defend her . But then again I can't figure out why the media defends her .
Old 06-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I believe Hillary has to be President or the #^&#^&#^&#^& is going to hit the fan when the truth about her finally comes out. The arrogance and obvious psychosis reminds me of a villan in a James Bond movie . I can't for the life of me figure out why an intelligent person like Spence continues to defend her . But then again I can't figure out why the media defends her .
My father is by far, he most decent man I ever knew. His integrity can only be measured in megaton quantities. He has long been a Deacon in the Catholic Church. And he will never, ever vote for someone who isn't a Democrat. To him, if your name is Kennedy or Clinton, you walk on water. It's very hard to explain.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I remember in 2008, when Bill Clinton didn't know the cameras were on, he said to Ted Kennedy, something like "a few years ago, that guy (Obama) would be serving us coffee". And today, his approval rating among blacks is about 100%. Nobody holds them accountable for anything they do.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #26
JohnR

Now, now - lets not confuse Spence's desire to Baghdad Bob the Hillary Campaign for being a paid shill for them. Clearly he does it for free. And please no overly derisive comments.

Quote:

NetworkWorld? A Bad source? It is an IT networking magazine around for 30 years - probably have a few hundred copies lying around between home and work, more in the landfill.

For an IT guy it is the equivalent to a magazine called PAINT for Painters, FOOD for a chef, and WORKERS SOLIDARITY for Bernie. A tool of the trade.

For the technical response it is scary because disabling the filters is different and significantly beyond merely whitelisting HRC's personal email server. There was also a fairly significant difference in Trend SMEX 8 and SMEX 10 (11 is the current version). Also, some of these systems use lookup services from other vendors and are admant about not letting things through from coming from "Known Spammers" or bad domains. So if her server or one of the client computers had been infected and was spamming viruses / malware and was being explicitly blocked, her email might not get through even if on a whitelist - requiring the State IT department to disable the ScanMail for Exchange system - basicaly the anti-virus / anti-malware scanning system for the state departments email.

If I did that I and compromised a client system would be fired. If my client told me to do that I woulld have them sign an AGA release (Against Geek Advice). If I did that at a .GOV I might go to jail.

Sounds to me like the IT guys had been beaten up by poli-weenies above them in the chain of command.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:

Is ABC news better?

I wan't sure where you stood on him , I apologize for that assumption
my comparison was to highlight peoples outrage over an email server and her need for Jail time yet trumps support of torture and his willingness to use it.. which is clearly illegal and morally wrong many have no problem with him committing a defined Crime .. but feel, she has committed a crime with the server ??
not saying she wasn't wrong or Stupid or got poor advise but come on
Old 06-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
my comparison was to highlight peoples outrage over an email server and her need for Jail time yet trumps support of torture and his willingness to use it.. which is clearly illegal and morally wrong many have no problem with him committing a defined Crime .. but feel, she has committed a crime with the server ??
not saying she wasn't wrong or Stupid or got poor advise but come on
Not sure where you are getting your info. The US Justice Department signed off on the use of waterboarding. That necessarily means it's not a crime. They said it was within the law, and they are the authority on that. When the lawyers for the Justice Dept tell you that something is legal, that means it's legal.

Hilary is being investigated for possibly breaking the law.

Apples and oranges.

People are free to decide whether or not to hold Trump or Hilary accountable for his support of waterboarding, or her belief that the rules don't apply to her.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #29
JohnR

I am no fan of Trump and do not think I will vote for him.

You are pilloring Trump for commenting on something he may do if elected President while whitewashing something Hillary DID do while SecState. You were in the service and did a tour over there, how would you feel if your team and your buddies were jeopardized due to the Secretary of State using an unsecure system so her emails would be not subject to FOIA requests?

Both parties and both administrations have sacrificed good men and women at the feet of effing Politics and Party. It is horrible.

How many times did someone in Washington or Tampa go and eff you guys over with the long screwdriver? Hillary, through her design to circumvent the system to protect her own ass DEGRADED the national security of this country. The Russians were reading the mail of arguably the second most important and influential national figure in the United States.

Spence will argue otherwise as he is want to do.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-01-2016, 06:15 AM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
I am no fan of Trump and do not think I will vote for him.

You are pilloring Trump for commenting on something he may do if elected President while whitewashing something Hillary DID do while SecState. You were in the service and did a tour over there, how would you feel if your team and your buddies were jeopardized due to the Secretary of State using an unsecure system so her emails would be not subject to FOIA requests?

Both parties and both administrations have sacrificed good men and women at the feet of effing Politics and Party. It is horrible.

How many times did someone in Washington or Tampa go and eff you guys over with the long screwdriver? Hillary, through her design to circumvent the system to protect her own ass DEGRADED the national security of this country. The Russians were reading the mail of arguably the second most important and influential national figure in the United States.

Spence will argue otherwise as he is want to do.
in the world of of hypotheticals yes there is a very slim possibilities the email issue could have impacted operations on the ground .. but I know for a Fact that if Trump becomes POTUS he has definitely put every Service member at risk with his statement on torture even if he dosn't change the policy who or what countries are going to thinks thats True?

Hillarys emails even if hacked Dont forget our friend Israel. were stolen not given to or enemies by hillary unlike like Snowden who many who want her in jail hail him as a Hero..

I am no Fan of Hillary but i take issues with the GOP and there investigation after investigation and investigation hearing and hearing all in the hopes of finding something like in the Ken Star days and come up with Nada .. all while the infrastructure and bigger problem get little attention and Americans suffer for it .. but their base gets all the attention for votes its crazy

I found this and sums up it up better than I can ..

There’s a certain twisted logic to this. The unhinged right starts with the ideologically satisfying answer – President Obama and Hillary Clinton are guilty of horrible Benghazi-related wrongdoing – and then works backwards, looking for “proof” that matches the conclusion. When their ostensible allies fail to tell these activists what they want to hear, they could reevaluate their bogus assumptions, but it’s vastly easier to believe Republicans have let them down.

Last edited by wdmso; 07-01-2016 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: added info