Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #61
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Love it reported that bus loads with paid voters reported to Whom??

I guess we know that they were Dem if she wins Should I assume that those bus load were republican if Trump wins ?

so lets do some math Each bus seats 50 passengers X 10 buses 500 voters x 500 hotel rooms . at a cost of 75K at 150.00 a night . all 500 voters would need to know the names and address of the people the were impersonating all for 150 bucks and all done with complete secrecy. to swing a national election

hell Ralpha Nader did more to swing a national election then fantasy voter fraud
There are hundreds of examples of voter fraud ... Hardly any are GOP .
Google it
You are wrong
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #62
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:

I guess we know that they were Dem if she wins Should I assume that those bus load were republican if Trump wins ?

so lets do some math Each bus seats 50 passengers X 10 buses 500 voters x 500 hotel rooms . at a cost of 75K at 150.00 a night . all 500 voters would need to know the names and address of the people the were impersonating all for 150 bucks and all done with complete secrecy. to swing a national election

hell Ralpha Nader did more to swing a national election then fantasy voter fraud
Have you watched the project Veritas videos?
It doesn't take a lot of fraud to tilt the results in each area.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:55 AM   #63
PaulS

Quote:

You're gullible.

Try to get a reservation in a large city on election night at the capitol grille. All the reservations are taken. It is the welfare crowds using their food stamps bc they will have 8 more years of a Democrat in the oval office. Look at the valet parking lots - they will be filled with their Cadillac’s. Welfare people get like 80K a year plus another 20K if they vote mulitiple times in each election.

One way or another Acorn will steal the election.

I read it on the interweb.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're gullible.

Try to get a reservation in a large city on election night at the capitol grille. All the reservations are taken. It is the welfare crowds using their food stamps bc they will have 8 more years of a Democrat in the oval office. Look at the valet parking lots - they will be filled with their Cadillac’s. Welfare people get like 80K a year plus another 20K if they vote mulitiple times in each election.

One way or another Acorn will steal the election.

I read it on the interweb.
I agree that voter fraud doesn't likely exist on a large scale, though it's a legitimate concern at the local level in some cases. Here in CT, in the last 2 governor races (which were close) they left the polls open much later than they were supposed to, in Bridgeport and Hartford. Now, guess which way 99% of voters in those 2 cities, vote? Which party benefitted from that? In both cases, it was claimed there weren't enough ballots at the polling places (who knew you needed ballots on election day??) and they (meaning, the Democrats in charge) decided that the fair thing was to leave the polls open for a few extra hours.

Does media bias concern you? When CNN is hosting a debate, and the head of the DNC used to work at CNN, and she apparently got a question before the debate and emailed to Hillary's campaign...does that concern you?

To say that the media has their thumbs on the scales in favor of Hillary, is an understatement. Trumps vulgar talk is getting a LOT more air time than what's in Hilary's emails. CNN warned their viewers not to even listen to anyone talking about what's in those emails.

When the media is sufficiently in the tank for one candidate, at some point, it becomes incompatible with the concept of democracy. If we aren't at that point, I would say we are close.

In 2008, the New York Times ran a front page story, claiming that the Bangladesh orphan that John McCain adopted, was actually his biological child from an adulterous affair. John McCain doesn't deserve better than that?
Old 10-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #65
PaulS

They left the polls open bc they ran out of ballots. DO you want to deny someone the right to vote bc a clerk screwed up?
Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
They left the polls open bc they ran out of ballots. DO you want to deny someone the right to vote bc a clerk screwed up?
So it's a coincidence that in a state run by Democrats, in two consecutive elections, they didn't have enough ballots, only in places where 99% of the voters, vote for the Democrat? Funny how it didn't happen in Greenwich.

And after in happened in 2010, they didn't learn their lesson in 2014? Really??

Sure, I want everyone to be able to vote. But I don't want Democrats to have a longer window of when they can vote, than Republicans get. And that's exactly what happened in 2 consecutive gubernatorial elections.

and you ignored my question about the media.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #67
buckman

Quote:
So you're saying the democrats in charge failed again . You make a strong case Paul
Old 10-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #68
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
So you're saying the democrats in charge failed again . You make a strong case Paul
YEs, in this case a Dem did fail. I guess it is better than invading the wrong country - right?
Old 10-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #69
buckman

Quote:
YEs, in this case a Dem did fail. I guess it is better than invading the wrong country - right?
Like Hillary supported
Old 10-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #70
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Like Hillary supported
She Did, but She Didn't, well, Kinda, but not really...sorta

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #71
wdmso

Quote:
There are hundreds of examples of voter fraud ... Hardly any are GOP .
Google it
You are wrong
Google it .. I did looked what i found

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-fraud-n637776

A study of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases in 50 states between 2000 and 2012 found the level of fraud was infinitesimal compared with the 146 million voters registered over the 12-year period.

31 credible incidents out of one billion ballots cast

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-ballots-cast/

not saying people dont try or succeed but what many suggest is pure fantasy ..

My step dad died in April he is still on Voter rolls if he got an absentee ballot and my mom filled it out and sent it in that would be voter fraud absolutely..

would it swing the presidential election .. absolutely not the Fraud you think is happening would be on a massive scale with ten of thousands conspirators and coordination with secrecy not seen Since D day or the Manhattan project... But the right can't pass up a good conspiracy theory .
Old 10-26-2016, 06:05 PM   #72
PaulS

Quote:
Like Hillary supported
And what admin provided the intelligence ?
Old 10-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #73
buckman

Quote:
And what admin provided the intelligence ?
Bill Clinton's
Old 10-26-2016, 07:32 PM   #74
PaulS

Nope
Old 10-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nope
Hillary looked at the evidence prepared by intelligence professionals (yes, during Bush's presidency), and voted "with conviction" (her words) for the invasion.

She looked at the same evidence Bush looked at, and came to the same exact conclusion. Until polls showed that the war was unpopular, then all of a sudden she was opposed to it.

Is that effective leadership, Paul? Or is that the absolute worst that politicians can do?

I can't fathom a standard by which you fault Bush for the war, but not similarly fault her. Unless you are one of the tin foil-hat crowd who thinks they manufactured evidence they knew to be false, to get people to vote for the war, and as far as I know, even Hillary has never accused Bush of that.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:50 AM   #76
buckman

Quote:
Nope
Actually, it's true , Clinton had basically the same intelligence and conclusions about WMDs.
Iraq pushed hard to create the illusion of having WMDs to protect themselves from Iran. America unfortunately also got duped .
Old 10-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #77
PaulS

Quote:
Actually, it's true , Clinton had basically the same intelligence and conclusions about WMDs.
Iraq pushed hard to create the illusion of having WMDs to protect themselves from Iran. America unfortunately also got duped .
So your saying the Bush admin. just rolled out some old intelligence report and used that? Sure seems lazy.

Last edited by PaulS; 10-27-2016 at 09:38 AM..
Old 10-27-2016, 11:10 AM   #78
detbuch

Quote:
And Clinton also wanted regime change in Iraq (removing Saddam). He claims that he would not have tried to do it by military force. That may be questionable considering how he supported military force in Bosnia. Ways to remove Saddam other than by force would have been limited if not impossible. Sanctions wouldn't have worked. The only sure other way would have been to wait till he died, but then his nasty sons would have taken over. Clinton could have infiltrated the Iraq regime with anti-government radicals who could lead to an overthrow. Or he could have sent or paid assassins. But that would be illegal. And we know that Bill wouldn't have done anything illegal. And, anyway, the results would probably be the same type of rise in groups like ISIS and the same Middle East disorder we have now.