Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #1
Jim in CT

China trade deal

Phase one of a deal expected to be signed today, addressing theft of intellectual property, currency manipulation, and requiring China to buy $200 billion us US goods in two years.

We’ve been losing this trade war for decades. Several presidents have chosen not to do anything about it. This one promised to address it, and maybe he did.

I don’t know anything about international economics. But i hope it’s a win for us , would be good for the country and a massive political win for you-know-who.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Phase one of a deal expected to be signed today, addressing theft of intellectual property, currency manipulation, and requiring China to buy $200 billion us US goods in two years.

We’ve been losing this trade war for decades. Several presidents have chosen not to do anything about it. This one promised to address it, and maybe he did.

I don’t know anything about international economics. But i hope it’s a win for us , would be good for the country and a massive political win for you-know-who.
Its a dog and pony show most of the tariffs stay in place .

Only Trump faithful think this is a politically win

He causes the fire
Then the hero when he claims hes putting it out?
Why Trust china ? Or Trump honestly,

U.S. companies have paid $46 billion in tariffs
So all the losses and the bail out will paid back when?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 01-15-2020 at 08:40 AM..
Old 01-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
PaulS

Hopefully they stop stealing the intellectual property (although I doubt it).
Old 01-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Agreed.

IP theft is a huge issue though and we need to find ways to mitigate it. That said, 30 years of IP theft has hurt us and advantaged them greatly

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-15-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
that is a key and it’s hard not
to be skeptical.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Its a dog and pony show most of the tariffs stay in place .

Only Trump faithful think this is a politically win

He causes the fire
Then the hero when he claims hes putting it out?
Why Trust china ? Or Trump honestly,

U.S. companies have paid $46 billion in tariffs
So all the losses and the bail out will paid back when?
it was announced awhile
ago that the tariffs would be addressed in phase two.

Trump caused the fire? before trump got elected, we had no trade deficit with china?

Take off the tin foil hat FFS.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:50 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
it was announced awhile
ago that the tariffs would be addressed in phase two.

Trump caused the fire? before trump got elected, we had no trade deficit with china?

Take off the tin foil hat FFS.
where are the details cant seem to find any??

“This is largely a deal on Chinese terms,” said Robert Daly, director of the Wilson Center’s Kissinger Institute on China and the United States. “There is nothing we know about this deal that China wouldn’t like. And there is nothing we know about this deal that China probably wouldn’t have been willing to do some time ago.”

yet

Banks are taking back more farmland through foreclosure than at any point in the past three years as low crop prices, epic flooding and the Trump administration’s escalating trade wars abroad have left many farmers struggling to pay their debts.

Farmers have seen their net income plummet by half since 2013 and are now expected to hold nearly $427 billion in debt this year — the most since the farm crisis in the 1980s. The default rate for farm loans held by banks hit its highest level in seven years in the first three months of 2019.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
where are the details cant seem to find any??

“This is largely a deal on Chinese terms,” said Robert Daly, director of the Wilson Center’s Kissinger Institute on China and the United States. “There is nothing we know about this deal that China wouldn’t like. And there is nothing we know about this deal that China probably wouldn’t have been willing to do some time ago.”

yet

Banks are taking back more farmland through foreclosure than at any point in the past three years as low crop prices, epic flooding and the Trump administration’s escalating trade wars abroad have left many farmers struggling to pay their debts.

Farmers have seen their net income plummet by half since 2013 and are now expected to hold nearly $427 billion in debt this year — the most since the farm crisis in the 1980s. The default rate for farm loans held by banks hit its highest level in seven years in the first three months of 2019.
you say there aren’t any details, yet you found a liberal willing to bash it.

Which is it?
Old 01-15-2020, 03:40 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:

Which is it?
Only in your world can you associate people asking for details, and forming a conclusion based on the only info available as

FINDING A LIBERAL TO BASH IT

Yet the Head of Trump fan club Started this thread with pom poms and grand statements , with no details. And you ask me which is it ? really
Old 01-15-2020, 04:36 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Only in your world can you associate people asking for details, and forming a conclusion based on the only info available as

Yet the Head of Trump fan club Started this thread with pom poms and grand statements , with no details. And you ask me which is it ? really
Jim bashes Trump on occasion so only a person who never pays attention would refer to Jim as Head of Trumps fan club. Rest up and get better Wayne.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-15-2020, 06:36 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

lies, lies, lies. I criticize him very regularly. But i don’t fabricate things just because i hate him.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #12
wdmso

I know I fabricate what Trump says a does

you can have criticisms and be Trumps 1 supporter in this forum ,,, as much as you can be a Pat's Fan and have criticisms of team the game the season and still be a fan ?

Not sure why such a suggestion would be outrageous or offensive,
Old 01-16-2020, 10:18 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know I fabricate what Trump says a does

you can have criticisms and be Trumps 1 supporter in this forum ,,, as much as you can be a Pat's Fan and have criticisms of team the game the season and still be a fan ?

Not sure why such a suggestion would be outrageous or offensive,
it’s not rational to say i’m a blind supporter. that’s sean hannity.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:06 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Which is it?
How did you determine the political leaning of Robert Daly?

Because he dared to call BS on the Floridaman administration?

The claim that China will buy more ag products than before is very likely not achievable, for several reasons.

Here are the simplest of them

1. We have lost capacity in the past few years and farmers are hesitant to borrow and/or invest in future possibilities given the fluidity of current policies and bankers are not too interested either. Perhaps the Fed can support Floridaman's agricultural agenda so our great farmers can achieve his Stalinist Five-Year Plan.

2. Commodity prices are considerably less than they were several years ago, this would require almost twice the production to achieve even the previous dollar volume, never mind increasing it.

When Floridaman shoots Rudy in the middle of 5th Ave, you'll fall right into line saying "But.........

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin