Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #31
Mr. Sandman

I got a few minutes while I wait for a phone call....

Time for the thread title to change...

"Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics (Oh, and the hapless Bruins)"

hapless Bruins?....Hmmmmmm. Not anymore, three years ago I would agree with you but after last season and the results this year to date, the B's are back baby.

I try to go to a few games each year and I have to say 4 or 5 years ago the stands were not fully packed even on a Sat night. Most B's fans were depressed and tossed in the towel on good hockey in Boston.
The games were fun to watch but we lost most of them, even if they played well. But the team has evolved into a younger, leaner, meaner group of very motivated players. The city should be proud of the management for making the difficult painstaking long term decisions that got us back the respect that is deserved. They GREW this team. I know the season is less than a 1/3 of the way through and a lot can (and will) happen between now and May but its been many years since the B's had a team like this.

I was talking to my Brother (a NY'er & Islander fan) after the islander game and he is feeling now about his team like we were a couple years back about the B's, depressed. He asked me, I don't get why the bruins are playing so well...who do they really have? Well, that is the beauty of it I said, there is no one crosby or ovechkin, we don't have $20 mil players. we have 4 lines that can score, a solid defence wears (or beats) the hell out of you, and 2 hot goaltenders, oh and a coach who has an attitude that...if you don't contribute, you don't play, no matter who you are and what your salary.

It is great for now but I see a longer term salary cap problem for the B's if they keep playing like this though. team salary caps: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/index.php
They are all going to want more money next year and the B's don't have a lot of flexibility money wise. team payroll: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=BOS My prediction they will be forced to get rid of Manny or even chara and perhaps a couple of other players just to keep most of the other players they have. Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself though... time will tell

gotta go.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote