Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 07-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

renting a good fishing yak?

Anyone know where i can rent a good fishing yak on the northshore? I wanna get back out on one. If not to just reach new spots. I loved the one time i was out, and got a good fish too. I've been mulling over buying one, but the time isnt right with the new baby. Plus i would need a new vehicle to haul it with. So thats out of the question. I just wanna get out there and enjoy a day on the water.. but most rental places have the long slender cruising yaks, with not much to offer as far as rod holders and storage. Id prefer a wide stable yak. I'm also pretty big so prefer the extra leg room. Just wandering if anyone knew a place with yaks set up for fishing, with reasonable prices, of course..

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
GonnaCatchABig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
BigBo

Contact Rick Buss at Belle Isle Kayak Adventures. Rick will take good care of you.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
Contact Rick Buss at Belle Isle Kayak Adventures. Rick will take good care of you.
Thank you. Will check em out. Website shows they have some nice yaks.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
GonnaCatchABig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

beat me to it, Rick is great though and will take good care of you
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote