Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Kibby
Live Love Fish

Obsessed Again.

Hello, Everyone. I am so glad I found this forum. Its good to be here. Rather than just slide a comment or two into a thread as my first posts, I think I'll do the right thing and begin right here and now.

I've recently decided to expand my fishing into the salt. I live in central NH, but I'm about an hour from the coast. I've been a flyfisherman most of my adult life, and we are constantly doing the rivers up north in NH and up into Maine for trout and salmon.

Its getting old, and now its time for a new direction. I'm thinking that stripers will do it for me. I'm pretty excited about it, and well frankly, its becoming an obsession! Lol, thats pretty much how everything I do winds up.

So stripers on the fly will be my new focus, and I'll be asking you guys a lot of stupid newbie questions, because I dont know squat about stripers. Oh, I've caught a few schoolies, but now I'm going to get serious!

I grew up on the coast of Maine, but I enlisted in the USAF in 1976, and left Maine, and I have not returned (to live) since then. When I was a kid, my father was a part-time lobsterman, and we'd catch mackerel, flounder, cod, and haddock, but I dont remember anyone talking about stripers. They must have shown up during my service career (along with coyotes!).

Anyhow, I'm a machinist, and gunsmith (amateur only), and I hope that I have something that I can give back to this community.
Kibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Piscator

Welcome.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
Raven

top shelf -top gun.... welcome..
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
Nebe

Welcome!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
flyvice11787