Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so if state department also wanted ukraine to investigate biden, then what trump did was he OK to you? have you taken a poll of the state department to get their opinion in this?

you’ll say anything to make the case.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Let’s be clear the State Department and all these government career employees are record keepers and: if the State Department, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Perry, had information that could clear Trump - that was helpful to Trump - they would be banging on the Congressional hearing room door demanding to testify. They don’t. Their truthful testimony would (further) sink Trump.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #92
wdmso

Quote:
so if state department also wanted ukraine to investigate biden, then what trump did was he OK to you? have you taken a poll of the state department to get their opinion in this?

you’ll say anything to make the case.
you cant follow the bouncing ball to well can you
Old 11-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Let’s be clear the State Department and all these government career employees are record keepers and: if the State Department, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Perry, had information that could clear Trump - that was helpful to Trump - they would be banging on the Congressional hearing room door demanding to testify. They don’t. Their truthful testimony would (further) sink Trump.
Once again, you didn't respond to what I asked, not even close.

You said that what Biden did with quid pro quo in K=Ukraine wasn't extortion, because the State Department was on board. SO using your logic (your logic, not mine), if the State Department was OK with Trump asking Ukraine to investigate Biden, that would not be extortion? just seeing if that standard only applies to Biden.

I have news for you. Trump is going to be the nominee in 2020. The house will probably impeach, there's no way the senate convicts, not based on what we know now. Zero chance. There may even be some democrats who don't vote for conviction like the coal guy Munchin from WV.

I'm not saying Trump will win. I'm saying he's going to be the nominee.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:13 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you cant follow the bouncing ball to well can you
Hey Einstein, read Pete's post, or have someone read it to you. Pete said that Bidens quid pro quo when he was VP wasn't extortion, because the state department was on board. So I asked if that standard also applied to Trump.

I'm sorry if that's going too fast for you, I don't know how to simplify it.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #95
spence

Quote:
Well I'm not a lawyer, but I did hear Biden brag that he threatened to withhold monetary aid to Ukraine, unless they did what he wanted. I hear a lot of people saying Trump should be impeached for essentially doing the same thing. Of course, that's after years of them saying he should be impeached just because they didn't like him, so the threshold is somewhat nebulous and flexible, for what constitutes an impeachable offense. Apparently it all depends on whose ox is getting gored.
Not even remotely the same and I'm a bit perplexed how you can't see the difference. What Biden did was akin to a bank telling you they're not going to approve your mortgage until you get your credit score up.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:41 PM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Once again, you didn't respond to what I asked, not even close.

You said that what Biden did with quid pro quo in K=Ukraine wasn't extortion, because the State Department was on board. SO using your logic (your logic, not mine), if the State Department was OK with Trump asking Ukraine to investigate Biden, that would not be extortion? just seeing if that standard only applies to Biden.

I have news for you. Trump is going to be the nominee in 2020. The house will probably impeach, there's no way the senate convicts, not based on what we know now. Zero chance. There may even be some democrats who don't vote for conviction like the coal guy Munchin from WV.

I'm not saying Trump will win. I'm saying he's going to be the nominee.
I think you are incapable of critical thought

What you asked was

My answer was

Maybe you think they would not come forth with evidence to clear Trump or that I need to actually take a poll.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2019, 03:46 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not even remotely the same and I'm a bit perplexed how you can't see the difference. What Biden did was akin to a bank telling you they're not going to approve your mortgage until you get your credit score up.
Oh. Because firing a crooked prosecutor makes it more likely they could pay us back? We all know Biden and Obama were very frugal with national spending, and wanted to make sure any loans will be repaid back. Biden was just acting as a mortgage underwriter. Of course!

And Trump, as the executive branch, has no authority to inquire as to Americans engaged in corruption in other countries. Gotcha.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Pete, you said Bidens quid pro quo was OK because he had the state departments permission. I asked if Trump was held to the same standard.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:00 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, you said Bidens quid pro quo was OK because he had the state departments permission. I asked if Trump was held to the same standard.
and i said

if the State Department, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Perry, had information that could clear Trump - that was helpful to Trump - they would be banging on the Congressional hearing room door demanding to testify.

Hear any banging????????????

Anyone other than Trumplicans saying it is ok

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
and i said

if the State Department, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Perry, had information that could clear Trump - that was helpful to Trump - they would be banging on the Congressional hearing room door demanding to testify.

Hear any banging????????????

Anyone other than Trumplicans saying it is ok
You're assuming he has been proven to be guilty. If that were so, using your flawed process of deduction, the inquiry would be over.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #101
wdmso

State dept quid pro quo goes like this happens all the Time at the direction of the secretary of state (its called policy)

Country A if you want US assistance you need to do A) improve human rights B) follow the rule of law C) allow inspectors in then we'll give you assistance

Trumps quid pro quo goes like this tells his personal lawyer to tell country A (ukraine) if you want the assistance that congress has already approved for you .. you need to
A) investegate the bidens (His political rival) B) announce it publicly your investigating them for corruption (with no evidence provided or required ) then we'll give you the assistance congress already approved ...

if you can not fundamentally see a difference ..your in the Trump Cult
Old 11-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #102
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
State dept quid pro quo goes like this happens all the Time at the direction of the secretary of state (its called policy)

Country A if you want US assistance you need to do A) improve human rights B) follow the rule of law C) allow inspectors in then we'll give you assistance

Trumps quid pro quo goes like this tells his personal lawyer to tell country A (ukraine) if you want the assistance that congress has already approved for you .. you need to
A) investegate the bidens (His political rival) B) announce it publicly your investigating them for corruption (with no evidence provided or required ) then we'll give you the assistance congress already approved ...

The merry-go-round continues, why anyone spends so much energy in a debate with one side who can’t or won’t see the difference is just fruitless. You can post evidence, quotes from the depositions, video from White House staff and they will not budge, but have fun with it.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:53 PM   #103
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The merry-go-round continues, why anyone spends so much energy in a debate with one side who can’t or won’t see the difference is just fruitless. You can post evidence, quotes from the depositions, video from White House staff and they will not budge, but have fun with it.
Sounds just like arguing with a Democrat

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-08-2019, 09:17 PM   #104
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This statement is akin to being retarded. But perhaps you are simply misunderstood.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #105
Sea Dangles

Quote:

This interpretation of what you envision as standard policy is far from accurate.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-08-2019, 09:27 PM   #106
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
What kind of douchebag demonstrates why you should not continue the discussion,but then cant help but continue the stupidity he just served as an example? Go play golf or play with Peg. But stop looking for attention with your incessant complaining. This is why snowflakes are generally viewed as big babies screaming “look at me”. Just stop stomping your feet long enough to realize what a bitch really is.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #107
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Bad day at work😜SD, you seem angry, someone needs a hug. You of all people shouldn’t be using the discussion argument. Here is your typical discussion, best president of my lifetime, four more years, snowflakes, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen you have an in depth discussion.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 11-08-2019 at 09:51 PM..
Old 11-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #108
Sea Dangles

This is my work. I guess you just had a good day at being stupid.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #109
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This interpretation of what you envision as standard policy is far from accurate.
Please feel free to show where I am inaccurate
Old 11-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #110
Pete F.
Canceled

So let's get this straight.

Trumplicans are arguing that all people willing to testify under oath are lying, and all people unwilling to testify under oath are telling the truth.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how #^&#^&#^&#^&ING STUPID Trumplicans are.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #111
wdmso

President Donald Trump slammed Hillary Clinton staffers who requested immunity or invoked their Fifth Amendment rights in response to requests to testify about the former secretary of state's private email server.

"If you are not guilty of a crime, what do you need immunity for?" Trump said

Yet He directs his people to ingnore congressional subpoenas....

Lol
Old 11-08-2019, 11:04 PM   #112
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This statement is akin to being retarded. But perhaps you are simply misunderstood.
Care to level up by making a point?
Old 11-08-2019, 11:51 PM   #113
Sea Dangles

You just made my point, but I really should not have to dumb it down for a grown man. Feel free to think when you are inclined to do so.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:59 AM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump whined and screamed that the case against him and his foundation was partisan and the he would never settle because he did nothing wrong.

He settled AND he admitted liability.

With that in mind, look at the way Trump is behaving with the impeachment inquiry.