Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #61
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
nope. only to the way he would
have tweeted about it. only in that he’d be juvenile and vulgar about it.

bill clinton, i believe, fired every single us attorney he inherited.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bill could have, I don't know - maybe some other Pres. did also.

So it is as GOS said - smear, denigrate, belittle and name call. The Trump admin. is so inept (and classless) that they couldn't let everyone go bc they couldn't vet everyone and then complain later about the person.

So even thought Trump could get rid of her you don't mind that it could have been bc (as Pete said)?

"In her testimony, Yovanovitch detailed how Giuliani and his associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman worked with a corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor to orchestrate a smear campaign against her, oust her from her post as ambassador, and "circumvent official channels" of Ukraine policy. Yovanovitch also testified, "Perhaps it was not surprising that when our anti-corruption efforts got in the way of the desire for profit or power, Ukrainians who preferred to play by the old, corrupt rules sought to remove me. What continues to amaze me is that they found Americans willing to partner with them and, working together, they apparently succeeded in orchestrating the removal of a U.S. ambassador. How could our system fail like this? How is it that foreign corrupt interests could manipulate our government?" While Yovanovitch was testifying, Trump denigrated her on Twitter. When read what the president had written about her, Yovanovitch testified: "It's very intimidating. I can't speak to what the president is trying to do, but the effect is to be intimidating."
Old 11-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

You have to realize that Floridaman has every right as President to encourage corruption if he wants to and nobody can complain. It says so, just ask Barr, Jordan, Nunes and Meadows.

Oh, and Jim

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Pete, just to be clear. You are saying that it’s “baloney” that new administrations often come
in and replace previous appointees, with their own people?

https://www.infowars.com/clinton-fir...trump-only-46/

Old 11-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #64
Jim in CT

obama fired all of Bush’s politically appointed ambassadors...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/15/f...h-ambassadors/

but it’s only problematic when Floridan does it. Right, Pete?

Happens every time
the party of the oval office swaps. no big deal.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #65
PaulS

So why was this ambassador not fired at the beginning of Trump's term but rather fired only when Trump and shady Guiliani got involved with the shady Ukrainians? Was it just a coincidence w/the timing that they started pressing Ukraine to investigate Biden?
Old 11-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So why was this ambassador not fired at the beginning of Trump's term but rather fired only when Trump and shady Guiliani got involved with the shady Ukrainians? Was it just a coincidence w/the timing that they started pressing Ukraine to investigate Biden?
two minutes ago you denied that it was common for a
new potus to clean house. now all
if a sudden you’re so knowledgeable, that you know why this one was fired. because she says it was to allow corruption to
occur.

and maybe it’s true. but her accusation, isnt evidence.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #67
PaulS

Quote:
two minutes ago you denied that it was common for a
new potus to clean house. Pls. post where I EVER SAID that?now all
if a sudden you’re so knowledgeable, that you know why this one was fired. because she says it was to allow corruption to
occur.

and maybe it’s true. but her accusation, isnt evidence.

I said that the circumstances/timing are unusual.

Pls. post where I said what you just accused me of saying.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:26 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:

I said that the circumstances/timing are unusual.

Pls. post where I said what you just accused me of saying.
sorry that was pete.

point stands, her claim that she was fired to make way for
corruption, doesn’t make
it so.

if Trump wanted to
do things his way ( being a bully and a jerk), and she wasn’t on board with that, he can fire her for that. He can fire her for
no reason at all.

if he broke any laws, just show the evidence. why is that so outlandish of a request?

you are ready to convict him
jordan because people
looking for
money, say he knew about it. let’s see if your standard of proof is as easy, when the Durham report comes out.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #69
scottw

Quote:

So why was this ambassador not fired at the beginning of Trump's term
because her husband Weird Al is a big trump supporter so they gave her the benefit of the doubt till she started misbehaving..plus they were really busy
Old 11-18-2019, 03:32 PM   #70
PaulS

Quote:
sorry that was pete.

point stands, her claim that she was fired to make way for
corruption, doesn’t make
it so. So you want to investigate J. Biden w/zero evidence, zero but don't want to investigate her firing/Ukraine with this odd timing?

if Trump wanted to
do things his way ( being a bully and a jerk), and she wasn’t on board with that, he can fire her for that. He can fire her for
no reason at all.no if it is to benefit the shady Guiliani and shady Ukrainians.

if he broke any laws, just show the evidence. why is that so outlandish of a request? Maybe they should have an investigation HMM

you are ready to convict him
jordan because people
looking for
money, say he knew about it. let’s see if your standard of proof is as easy, when the Durham report comes out.
I'm not ready to convict Jordan. You are ready to let him off the hook when you have 2 people who say he was told about the perv. I've just showed you repeatedly that there is far more evidence of Jordan's knowing then there is that J. Biden did anything corrupt.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:32 PM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
obama fired all of Bush’s politically appointed ambassadors...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/15/f...h-ambassadors/

but it’s only problematic when Floridan does it. Right, Pete?

Happens every time
the party of the oval office swaps. no big deal.
Impressive sources Infowars and Daily Caller........

Do you understand the difference between politically appointed and career diplomats?
I posted the list of current ambassadors, all presidents replace the great majority if not all of the prior administrations politically appointed ones. Nobody denies that.
Career diplomats are not politically appointed and she is a career diplomat with 33 years of service. Thirty three years encompasses the tenure of a number of presidents both Republican and Democratic, from Reagan to Floridaman.
She was familiar with the corruption issues and the work to change the political environment in Ukraine that had occurred prior to Floridaman's administration.
Colludy's buddies Parnas and Fruman were as corrupt as they come and wanted her out of the way. The stench from them won't blow away for awhile and it's the same miasma that Floridaman spreads wherever he goes. Seems pretty likely that it will end up with Colludy joining Floridaman's other lawyer in government housing. We'll see how good his insurance is.

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-18-2019 at 03:42 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #72
scottw

Chalupa
Old 11-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm not ready to convict Jordan. You are ready to let him off the hook when you have 2 people who say he was told about the perv. I've just showed you repeatedly that there is far more evidence of Jordan's knowing then there is that J. Biden did anything corrupt.
not zero
evidence. tons of
money went to bidens equity firm and to him personally, from countries his dad was involved with.

you sure are afraid of what an investigation would
turn up.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #74
scottw

Quote:

, from all of the countries his dad was involved with.

fixed it
Old 11-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Impressive sources Infowars and Daily Caller........

is.
you’re insulting sources that are better informed
than you were. interesting.

i’m not defending the practice of
mass firings, just pointing out that (1) they all do it, and (2) you only care when trump does it.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #76
PaulS

Quote:
not zero
evidence. tons of
money went to bidens equity firm and to him personally, from countries his dad was involved with.

turn up.
Again I'll ask - should your police chief investigate you for pedophilia? (not that I think you are).
Old 11-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
not zero
evidence. tons of

turn up.
You mean like this

In the Gulf they joke that Saudi-US relations are run by the crown prince and “the clown prince”. The first, Mohammed bin Salman, is Saudi Arabia’s strongman. The second, Jared Kushner, is Donald Trump’s son-in-law. If it were not for their friendship, relations between the US and the House of Saud might be in serious crisis. But Mr Kushner has an Arab-Israeli peace plan up his sleeve.

In his view Saudi backing will be key to its success. Which means the Saudis can get away with nearly anything — alleged royal-instigated killing, for example — as long as they hold out the prospect of backing Mr Kushner. To say the least, Prince Mohammed has the better of the bargain. Few people give Mr Kushner’s peace plan ironically dubbed “deal of the century” much chance. The epithet “dead on arrival” has become standard even before the plan has arrived.

Or this

Kushner Companies, the real-estate firm owned by the family of White House senior advisor (and presidential son-in-law) Jared Kushner, reportedly sought a $1.15 billion loan from federally-owned lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. According to Bloomberg, the company is seeking those funds to purchase “6,030 apartments across 16 properties in Maryland and Virginia.” Kushner Companies reportedly had more than $500 million in loans from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at the time Jared Kushner divested from the family business and joined the White House. The new loan could potentially more than double the amount Kushner Companies has in federal loans.

Or this

Kushner’s father – the real estate developer Charles Kushner – met with a top Qatari official to seek financing for a distressed Manhattan office tower. The Qataris declined. One must wonder: did Jared Kushner support a blockade of a US ally as political payback because it would not fund his family’s business?

Or this

ISTANBUL — Behind President Trump’s accommodating attitude toward Turkey is an unusual back channel: a trio of sons-in-law who married into power and now play key roles in connecting Ankara with Washington.

One, Turkey’s finance minister, is the son-in-law of its strongman president and oversees his country’s relationship with the United States.

Another is the son-in-law of a Turkish tycoon and became a business partner to the Trump Organization. Now he advocates for Turkey with the Trump administration.

And the third is Jared Kushner, who as the son-in-law of and senior adviser to Mr. Trump has a vague if expansive foreign policy portfolio.

Or this

In January, The New York Times reported that just before Kushner accompanied his father-in-law on his first presidential visit to Israel last May, his family’s real estate company received a $30 million investment from Menora Mivtachim – an insurer and one of Israel’s largest financial institutions.

Or this

The Guardian reported on an event staged by the Kushner family in China to woo wealthy investors into luxury developments, including One Journal Square, two skyscrapers currently being built in New Jersey, with the prospect of receiving US green cards in return.

Or this

Cadre, a real estate company partly owned by Donald Trump and his adviser Jared Kushner, has received ambiguous foreign funding of $90 million since Kushner’s appointment as Trump’s adviser, reported the Guardian.

According to the newspaper, the funds flowed from Saudi Arabia and other investors through a branch attached to Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven known for prioritising corporate secrecy.

Kushner had retained a stake in the company after joining the White House, with an estimated value of about $ 50 million, according to Kushner’s financial disclosure documents.

And then we can look at the boys, if you want.

But you're worried that the Biden kid got 50K a month from being on a board in Ukraine.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
You mean like this

In the Gulf they joke that Saudi-US relations are run by the crown prince and “the clown prince”. The first, Mohammed bin Salman, is Saudi Arabia’s strongman. The second, Jared Kushner, is Donald Trump’s son-in-law. If it were not for their friendship, relations between the US and the House of Saud might be in serious crisis. But Mr Kushner has an Arab-Israeli peace plan up his sleeve.

In his view Saudi backing will be key to its success. Which means the Saudis can get away with nearly anything — alleged royal-instigated killing, for example — as long as they hold out the prospect of backing Mr Kushner. To say the least, Prince Mohammed has the better of the bargain. Few people give Mr Kushner’s peace plan ironically dubbed “deal of the century” much chance. The epithet “dead on arrival” has become standard even before the plan has arrived.

Or this

Kushner Companies, the real-estate firm owned by the family of White House senior advisor (and presidential son-in-law) Jared Kushner, reportedly sought a $1.15 billion loan from federally-owned lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. According to Bloomberg, the company is seeking those funds to purchase “6,030 apartments across 16 properties in Maryland and Virginia.” Kushner Companies reportedly had more than $500 million in loans from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at the time Jared Kushner divested from the family business and joined the White House. The new loan could potentially more than double the amount Kushner Companies has in federal loans.

Or this

Kushner’s father – the real estate developer Charles Kushner – met with a top Qatari official to seek financing for a distressed Manhattan office tower. The Qataris declined. One must wonder: did Jared Kushner support a blockade of a US ally as political payback because it would not fund his family’s business?

Or this

ISTANBUL — Behind President Trump’s accommodating attitude toward Turkey is an unusual back channel: a trio of sons-in-law who married into power and now play key roles in connecting Ankara with Washington.

One, Turkey’s finance minister, is the son-in-law of its strongman president and oversees his country’s relationship with the United States.

Another is the son-in-law of a Turkish tycoon and became a business partner to the Trump Organization. Now he advocates for Turkey with the Trump administration.

And the third is Jared Kushner, who as the son-in-law of and senior adviser to Mr. Trump has a vague if expansive foreign policy portfolio.

Or this

In January, The New York Times reported that just before Kushner accompanied his father-in-law on his first presidential visit to Israel last May, his family’s real estate company received a $30 million investment from Menora Mivtachim – an insurer and one of Israel’s largest financial institutions.

Or this

The Guardian reported on an event staged by the Kushner family in China to woo wealthy investors into luxury developments, including One Journal Square, two skyscrapers currently being built in New Jersey, with the prospect of receiving US green cards in return.

Or this

Cadre, a real estate company partly owned by Donald Trump and his adviser Jared Kushner, has received ambiguous foreign funding of $90 million since Kushner’s appointment as Trump’s adviser, reported the Guardian.

According to the newspaper, the funds flowed from Saudi Arabia and other investors through a branch attached to Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven known for prioritising corporate secrecy.

Kushner had retained a stake in the company after joining the White House, with an estimated value of about $ 50 million, according to Kushner’s financial disclosure documents.

And then we can look at the boys, if you want.

But you're worried that the Biden kid got 50K a month from being on a board in Ukraine.
i said all along that the trumps should have divested from all business possibly connected to their service.

Kushner, i believe (?) was a successful businessman before he met ivanka. i think hunter ( dating his dead brothers widow, booted from the navy for snorting coke) has made a living trading on daddy’s record of service.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’re insulting sources that are better informed
than you were. interesting.

i’m not defending the practice of
mass firings, just pointing out that (1) they all do it, and (2) you only care when trump does it.
No Jim, no prior president has removed a sitting career diplomat without cause.

I still have not seen any cause put forth by the administration.

This has nothing to do with political appointees.

Your sources are talking of other political appointees being removed and you are conflating that with Floridaman's Yovanovitch actions.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i said all along that the trumps should have divested from all business possibly connected to their service.

Kushner, i believe (?) was a successful businessman before he met ivanka. i think hunter ( dating his dead brothers widow, booted from the navy for snorting coke) has made a living trading on daddy’s record of service.
You could start by looking at 666 Fifth Avenue and see how well that worked, then if you are worried about a relatives misdeeds look no further than Kushner's dad. Just ask Chris Christie about him. Kushner's companies have systematically screwed tenants for years, both under Dad and now Jared.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2019, 05:01 PM   #81
Sea Dangles

Fake news
Old 11-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
You could start by looking at 666 Fifth Avenue and see how well that worked, then if you are worried about a relatives misdeeds look no further than Kushner's dad. Just ask Chris Christie about him. Kushner's companies have systematically screwed tenants for years, both under Dad and now Jared.
oh my yes, let’s judge business executives by a single failure, rather then their entire track record. i saw tom brady throw an incomplete pass yesterday, can i assume he stinks.

it’s not possible to have anything close to a rational conversation with you. you divide the world
into those who can do no wrong, and those who can do nothing right. it’s literally all you do, attack conservatives and defend
liberals. have you ever posted
anything here, that doesn’t fall
into one of those two categories? ever?
Old 11-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #83
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
oh my yes, let’s judge business executives by a single failure, rather then their entire track record. i saw tom brady throw an incomplete pass yesterday, can i assume he stinks.

it’s not possible to have anything close to a rational conversation with you. you divide the world
into those who can do no wrong, and those who can do nothing right. it’s literally all you do, attack conservatives and defend
Single failure OMG that’s rich (or should I say bankrupt)🤡🤡🤡🤡
Old 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #84
PaulS

Quote:

Would that be any different than your constant criticism of Obama for saying Republicans cling to their guns and bibles or that Hillary used the word deplorable one time?
Old 11-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #85
spence

Quote:
Kushner, i believe (?) was a successful businessman before he met ivanka.
Yea, you should read up on his father. Birds of a feather...
Old 11-18-2019, 10:11 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

On what basis did you decide Kushner, a lifelong Democrat, is a conservative? He like his father-in-law is purely transactional and there only principles are what benefits them.
You’ll defend anything that aligns with Floridaman and claim anything else is something bad as defined in your infowar addled mind.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2019, 02:03 AM   #87
scottw

leftist bitter clingers are all over the map....good grief...such and angry unhinged bunch nipping at every ankle