Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I am surprised to see Lie-awatha was not on the mailing list...…. seems odd to have left her out when you look at the list, if you believe those who are connecting the dots for us. Either way, mailing pipe bombs, to anyone, is the work of a deranged individual or individuals.
it’s all trumps fault. because when maxine waters tells a crowd
to make republicans feel “ that they are not welcome anywhere”, see, that’s brilliant and noble. but when trump does it, he’s subhuman.

no shame. zip.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it’s all trumps fault. because when maxine waters tells a crowd
to make republicans feel “ that they are not welcome anywhere”, see, that’s brilliant and noble. but when trump does it, he’s subhuman.

no shame. zip.
The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much, but that only demonstrates the limits of content-neutral analysis. The right’s revulsion against a black president targeted by birther conspiracy theories is not the same as the left’s revulsion against a racist president who spread birther conspiracy theories.
No one comes close to how Trump has split this country
To claim that college students, those uppity black people, a representative or anyone else has the power that Trump wields in the media is absurd
You poor victim
We will be reaping what he has sown for a generation
These asassination attempts have no precedent, meanwhile Trump’s rallies continue chanting threats, to his grinning approval
You’re complicit in this
Sad

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much, but that only demonstrates the limits of content-neutral analysis. The right’s revulsion against a black president targeted by birther conspiracy theories is not the same as the left’s revulsion against a racist president who spread birther conspiracy theories.
No one comes close to how Trump has split this country
To claim that college students, those uppity black people, a representative or anyone else has the power that Trump wields in the media is absurd
You poor victim
We will be reaping what he has sown for a generation
These asassination attempts have no precedent, meanwhile Trump’s rallies continue chanting threats, to his grinning approval
You’re complicit in this
Sad
"The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much" They might point that out, and it would be laughably wrong. We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke.

"The right’s revulsion against a black president "

Ahh. Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, and whose spiritual mentor hated this country. It was because he was black. Im a guy who literally prays that Condaleeza Rice runs, but I'm an anti-black racist because I thought Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. Nope, it was all because of his skin color.

Right there, in that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. You proved my point better than I ever could.

"those uppity black people:

You're a one trick pony, huh?
Old 10-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much" They might point that out, and it would be laughably wrong. We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke.

Ahh. Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, and whose spiritual mentor hated this country. It was because he was black. Im a guy who literally prays that Condaleeza Rice runs, but I'm an anti-black racist because I thought Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. Nope, it was all because of his skin color.

Right there, in that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. You proved my point better than I ever could.

If you think that white nationalists are not estatic now because Trump has acknowledged them into his Know Nothing party, you’re sitting in the low chair again

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2018, 03:58 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:

We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke. Where were you for those 8 years when he was in office? I know you were and still there in denial

Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, [COLOR="Red"] cool aid but the current inexperienced politician is a genius /COLOR]

Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. tin ƒoil hate with a shot of kool aid who thinks Trump is a good christian

that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. describes your response completely
Old 10-26-2018, 04:33 AM   #6
scottw

I'm confused...is it "cool aid" or "kool aid"
Old 10-26-2018, 06:25 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke. Where were you for those 8 years when he was in office? I know you were and still there in denial

Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, [COLOR="Red"] cool aid but the current inexperienced politician is a genius /COLOR]

Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. tin ƒoil hate with a shot of kool aid who thinks Trump is a good christian

that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. describes your response completely
Trump is a genius at one thing only, at driving his opponents to madness. all you people do, is fret and obsess over everything he says and does. Trump just drank a glass of water! You know who else drank water? Hitler, that’s who!!

you and pete claim mybside is thoughtless, yet i bash trump and give obama credit all the time. you are the ones who can’t admit trump has done anything good, or admit that obama or hilary did anything bad. So who is being thoughtless, exactly?

he called me a racist twice in one post. do you wonder why you have almost no chance of picking up two senate seats?
Old 10-26-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trump is a genius at one thing only, at driving his opponents to madness.

And that is one of the reasons, besides his policies, that he is the most divisive President ever

all you people do, is fret and obsess over everything he says and does. Trump just drank a glass of water! You know who else drank water? Hitler, that’s who!!

you and pete claim mybside is thoughtless, yet i bash trump and give obama credit all the time. you are the ones who can’t admit trump has done anything good, or admit that obama or hilary did anything bad. So who is being thoughtless, exactly?

he called me a racist twice in one post. do you wonder why you have almost no chance of picking up two senate seats?
Did I say you are a racist
I certainly think some Trumplicans are, and you typically espouse the party line.
You’re the most tribal writer on here
Anything said about Trump or his party brings an attack, perhaps it is because your identity is so closely tied to your political beliefs.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2018, 07:43 AM   #9
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I certainly think some Trumplicans are, and you typically espouse the party line.
Anything said about Trump or his party brings an attack, perhaps it is because your identity is so closely tied to your political beliefs.
Thank You Pete,for once again showing you are incapable of independent thoughts. You make veiled accusations and retreat under the guise of semantics. Very brave you are,ha. I can probably point to dozens of posts where Jim calls Trump a jerk or something less than flattering. The amount of times I have seen you criticize the Democratic Party is stuck at zero. Blind partisanship, plain and simple.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Did I say you are a racist "

You said resistance to Obama was based on skin color. Pretty sure that's the textbook definition of racism. Hi spolicies were guaranteed to offend everyone to the right of Castro.

"You’re the most tribal writer on here "

The hell I am. I bash Trump all the time. I give Obama credit all the time for the economy and terrorism. I wholeheartedly support gay marriage and oppose the death penalty, and I think conservatives are too rabidly opposed to gun control. And I think people born sick should get free healthcare to cover conditions they have been born with. You tell me, on what major issues do you disagree with the liberal platform? When you have you posted anything that wasn't completely in support of liberalism?