Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sure there is, it's because many people are looking for meaningful reforms (a lot of police unions don't want) and the majority will vote for Democrats.

Police unions largely supported Democrats because the Democratic politicians would give them favorable treatment so they wouldn't look weak on crime in the 70's and 80's. Now crime is considerably lower and (largely) because of social media & cell phone cameras more police abuses of authority are being exposed. Trump is the guy who says to rough them up and considers police killing "retribution."
when police unions abandon democrats, despite the fact that democrats are usually so much more pro union, that’s noteworthy. unless one is a blind liberal zealot.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure there is, it's because many people are looking for meaningful reforms (a lot of police unions don't want) and the majority will vote for Democrats.

Police unions largely supported Democrats because the Democratic politicians would give them favorable treatment so they wouldn't look weak on crime in the 70's and 80's. Now crime is considerably lower and (largely) because of social media & cell phone cameras more police abuses of authority are being exposed. Trump is the guy who says to rough them up and considers police killing "retribution."
what’s the difference between how democrats and the media view police today, and the way Al Sharpton has always viewed them?

Have fun with that.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
when police unions abandon democrats, despite the fact that democrats are usually so much more pro union, that’s noteworthy. unless one is a blind liberal zealot.
I don't think it's really going to matter much, a lot of Republicans want sensible police reform also. It will all balance out in the end.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:35 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't think it's really going to matter much, a lot of Republicans want sensible police reform also. It will all balance out in the end.
i think it matters to the dead cops
and people whose property burned because your side is pushing a lie.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:05 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
i think it matters to the dead cops
and people whose property burned because your side is pushing a lie.
I'm not aware of politics having any impact on the recent police shooting. And quit saying the protests are based on a lie, you're smarter than that.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:16 PM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Sure there is, it's because many people are looking for meaningful reforms
the best reform would be for criminals to stop doing the things that cause the police to shoot them
Old 09-15-2020, 01:17 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
I'm not aware of politics having any impact on the recent police shooting. And quit saying the protests are based on a lie, you're smarter than that.
go down the list...you should be smarter than that...but...
Old 09-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #38
scottw

Jason Whitlock did a nice job explaining it in the other thread...funny no lefty's had any comments on that....maybe he should have apologized for speaking from a position of white privilege before he began
Old 09-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
i’m sure you aren’t, since your view of politics consists of thoughtlessly believing everything the left says.

prove me wrong. list one major issue in which you thing democrats are wrong, and republicans are right. go ahead.

the data is crystal clear, it’s a lie. the notion that there’s an epidemic of race based police brutality, is demonstrably false. but what are democrats going to do, admit the truth?

Old 09-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #40
spence

Quote:
i’m sure you aren’t, since your view of politics consists of thoughtlessly believing everything the left says.
Yes, I don't apply any thought to anything I see. ZERO

Quote:
prove me wrong. list one major issue in which you thing democrats are wrong, and republicans are right. go ahead.
I don't hold too many absolute positions, it's not how the real world works.

Quote:
the data is crystal clear, it’s a lie. the notion that there’s an epidemic of race based police brutality, is demonstrably false. but what are democrats going to do, admit the truth?
There is no data that supports your position. Most of the country feels the opposite. I guess we've all just been hoodwinked by a few facebook memes
Old 09-15-2020, 01:57 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:

There is no data that supports your position. Most of the country feels the opposite. I guess we've all just been hoodwinked by a few facebook memes
so in other words, there are precisely zero issues in which you agree with republicans. None. Well, every single one of us already knew that.

but you’re not a zealot ideologue No sir.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:00 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

how about the fact that according to the washington post, 9 unarmed blacks were killed
by cops in the whole country in 2019. and according to the national academy of sciences, that number isn’t even disproportionate to the makeup of blacks in the cities

All of the data supports my position. most people disagree, because like you, they thoughtlessly believe what cnn tells them.

good sheep spence. you’re a good little sheep.

you’ve been hoodwinked all
right. it cost democrats the endorsement of police unions.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:21 PM   #43
scottw

Quote:

nailed it
Old 09-15-2020, 02:21 PM   #44
scottw

Quote:

Most of the country feels the opposite.

:
that's a stretch
Old 09-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #45
scottw

Quote:

good sheep spence. you’re a good little sheep.

they are a little frustrated...they have been getting their hopes up on a regular basis for four years after thinking trump wouldn't last four days....they nominated the worst candidate in history and he named the worst running mate in history(the democrats don't even like her)...and trump keeps nailing historic achievements no matter how much they whine...lay on the floor...kick their feet...and scream
Old 09-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #46
spence

Quote:
how about the fact that according to the washington post, 9 unarmed blacks were killed
by cops in the whole country in 2019. and according to the national academy of sciences, that number isn’t even disproportionate to the makeup of blacks in the cities

All of the data supports my position. most people disagree, because like you, they thoughtlessly believe what cnn tells them.
We've already debunked this Jim, please take notes.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:51 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that's a stretch
sadly, I think he's right. But we'll see in a few weeks.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
they are a little frustrated...they have been getting their hopes up on a regular basis for four years after thinking trump wouldn't last four days....they nominated the worst candidate in history and he named the worst running mate in history(the democrats don't even like her)...and trump keeps nailing historic achievements no matter how much they whine...lay on the floor...kick their feet...and scream
Imagine if he won the Nobel Peace Prize he got nominated for?
Old 09-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
We've already debunked this Jim, please take notes.
You not liking it, isn't debunking it.

Fatherlessness is a thousand times more destructive to the black community, as is black on black crime, than white cops will ever be. But since liberalism causes fatherlessness and black on black violence, liberals won't talk about it. Just like you will never talk about it, even though they are the crucial issues to anyone who feels black lives matter. Also school choice, another one liberals get wrong, more evidence that liberals want to keep blacks right where they are.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #50
spence

Quote:
You not liking it, isn't debunking it.

Fatherlessness is a thousand times more destructive to the black community, as is black on black crime, than white cops will ever be. But since liberalism causes fatherlessness and black on black violence, liberals won't talk about it. Just like you will never talk about it, even though they are the crucial issues to anyone who feels black lives matter. Also school choice, another one liberals get wrong, more evidence that liberals want to keep blacks right where they are.
I agree that out of wedlock children is a problem in black communities. It's not caused by liberalism. School choice doesn't add up, it could marginally help some but the negatives are high.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:10 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
I agree that out of wedlock children is a problem in black communities. It's not caused by liberalism. School choice doesn't add up, it could marginally help some but the negatives are high.
Liberalism never stops attacking the concept of the nuclear family, liberals attack faith (which encourages strong families), liberalism celebrates fatherlessness, calls men out for the absurd notion of toxic masculinity. Finally, liberals like the idea of paying single teenage girls to have babies, and to pay them a bonus if theres no dad around. Gimme a break. Liberals explicitly incentivize fatherlessness. And then act shocked when what they are incentivizing, happens more frequently?
Old 09-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
School choice doesn't add up, .
Yet the people in the cities with failing schools, all want it desperately. SO you know better than they do, what's best?

The only negative to school choice, is that public schools will finally and at long last, be held accountable for results. Unionized school employees don't want competition or accountability, so they tell democrats to oppose school choice, and the democrats do as their masters instruct them. And poor children are stuck in failing sh*thole schools.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
I agree that out of wedlock .
So why, in your opinion, is black fatherlessness almost triple today, what it was in the 1950s? Can't wait to hear that...
Old 09-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #54
spence

Quote:
Liberalism never stops attacking the concept of the nuclear family, liberals attack faith (which encourages strong families),
About 80% of black people identify as Christian, it's a much higher number than whites.

Quote:
liberalism celebrates fatherlessness
This is stupid.

Quote:
calls men out for the absurd notion of toxic masculinity.
I guess you're supporting misogyny and homophobia then? Not sure what this has to do with race.

Quote:
Finally, liberals like the idea of paying single teenage girls to have babies, and to pay them a bonus if theres no dad around. Gimme a break. Liberals explicitly incentivize fatherlessness. And then act shocked when what they are incentivizing, happens more frequently?
This is simply not true and doesn't even pass a basic smell test. Any increases to welfare or food stamps wouldn't even come close to covering the costs of a child. Do you think middle class people have more kids to get the tax credit also???
Old 09-15-2020, 06:00 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
About 80% of black people identify as Christian, it's a much higher number than whites.

This is stupid.

I guess you're supporting misogyny and homophobia then? Not sure what this has to do with race.

This is simply not true and doesn't even pass a basic smell test. Any increases to welfare or food stamps wouldn't even come close to covering the costs of a child. Do you think middle class people have more kids to get the tax credit also???
"About 80% of black people identify as Christian, it's a much higher number than whites"

Anone can identify as anything. Pelos identifies as catholic. She ain't catholic. Looks like you dodged my question about what's causing black fatherlessness to skyrocket if its not liberalism. Daniel Patrick Moynihan called it in the 1960s.

"This is stupid."

To you, ANY criticism of liberalism is invalid. You said yourself, you cannot post one principle you have, which runs contrary to what Nancy Pelosi tells you to believe. Not. One. You don't think that's something to think about?

"I guess you're supporting misogyny and homophobia then?"

Huh? Based on what? I am pro gay marriage, and was so when Obama and Hilary both said they opposed it for religious reasons. Where did you get that?

For the second and last time, what do you think is the cause behind skyrocketing black fatherlessness?

"This is simply not true and doesn't even pass a basic smell test"

Yes it is and yes it does. Look it up. In CT, and I bet in Mass, single moms get a bigger welfare check than married moms. Guess what, it encourages fatherlessness.

"Any increases to welfare or food stamps wouldn't even come close to covering the costs of a child."

The issue is, many of the welfare queens don't spend the money on the kids. They spend it on themselves, which is one reason why that culture is in the state its in. I'm not saying I could rtaise my kids on what welfare provides. But plenty of those deadbeats take those checks, and spend a lot less than the welfare amount on their kids. Which is precisely why it's not a great idea to give them cash. Better to give them diapers and formula, harder for them to convert that to cigarettes and booze. Less incentive to make a living by having kids you won't care for.

You seem to be unaware that the issue is bad parenting. Not a lack of money.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:40 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Because you know how those people are, glad your true colors are showing.
A little eugenics works, ask DHS
Old 09-15-2020, 08:14 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Because you know how those people are, glad your true colors are showing.
A little eugenics works, ask DHS
the facts show
me how some of them are, Einstein.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:50 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure, Jan
Old 09-16-2020, 05:52 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sure, Jan
Jan! Good one! It’s a girls name that starts with the same letter as my name does! Brilliant!
Old 09-16-2020, 06:36 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Gotta love those “alternative facts” and keep in mind “truth isn’t truth”

Be better off listening to the Pope

”There is no such thing as harmless disinformation; trusting in falsehood can have dire consequences.”