Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-16-2020, 09:20 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Just wait for Trump's new Healthcare Plan, "You're on your own."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-17-2020, 06:06 AM   #92
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Tonight Tweety claimed a Covid-19 vaccine could be ready for distribution as early as mid-October — hours after the head of the CDC testified it likely wouldn't be ready until the end of the year.
Somebody’s full of false hope and unknowing optimism.
Pretty likely it’s the “cheerleader”
It’s just more of the same Trump’s version of reality ALWAYS is for personal or political gain, I doubt anyone with a brain can’t see why he contradicts all the medical experts since day one and NO it’s not to calm Americans.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:10 AM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

There is only bluster and BS
There is no healthcare plan. There is no infrastructure plan. There is no plan to deal with the pandemic. There is no plan to deal with the climate crisis. There is no plan to deal with structural racism. There is no plan to deal with economic injustice. There is only an idiot who thinks he’s the “Chosen One”, claiming it will all get better and he alone can fix it.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #94
spence

Quote:
There is no healthcare plan. There is no infrastructure plan. There is no plan to deal with the pandemic. There is no plan to deal with the climate crisis. There is no plan to deal with structural racism. There is no plan to deal with economic injustice. There is only an idiot who thinks he’s the “Chosen One”, claiming it will all get better and he alone can fix it.
It's far worse than that, for the most part he denies any of these are really even serious issues.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Didn’t want to panic anyone

The USPS had a plan to send 5 reusable facemarks to every household in early April. Even had a press release ready.

The White House blocked the plan.

“There was concern...that households receiving masks might create concern or panic."
Old 09-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
Plan, plan, everywhere a plan
Blocking out my freedom, breaking my mind.

So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little plan
I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me. I'm alive and doin' fine."
Old 09-17-2020, 06:18 PM   #97
scottw

Quote:

facemarks

wtf is a facemark?
Old 09-17-2020, 07:25 PM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wtf is a facemark?
Hmm, not capable of figuring anything out unless you’re told exactly?
Hope someone feeds you so you don’t starve

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2020, 06:37 AM   #99
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

During a worldwide health pandemic does it not bother you Trump supporters he is bypassing the CDC to control a politically driven narrative? It’s bad enough he has been lying from the start when he knew how severe this was likely to be and now he is preventing the CDC from reviewing their own press releases. It is so irresponsible and frankly dangerous to erode any trust in any future vaccine, to contradict ALL the medical experts on the timeline for a safe rollout of the vaccine to the general public. Gee wiz what is the word I’m looking for where a leader on this globe controls the state news the citizens can see, the only difference is Trump hasn’t quite got control of the free news outlets but given time he will try.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

The stories that are starting to emerge about how the pandemic was handled at the White House will make almost every American cringe

“Kushner, seated at the head of the conference table, in a chair taller than all the others, was quick to strike a confrontational tone. “The federal government is not going to lead this response,” he announced. “It’s up to the states to figure out what they want to do.”

One attendee explained to Kushner that due to the finite supply of PPE, Americans were bidding against each other and driving prices up. To solve that, businesses eager to help were looking to the federal government for leadership and direction.

“Free markets will solve this,” Kushner said dismissively. “That is not the role of government.”

The same attendee explained that although he believed in open markets, he feared that the system was breaking. As evidence, he pointed to a CNN report about New York governor Andrew Cuomo and his desperate call for supplies.

“That’s the CNN bull#^&#^&#^&#^&,” Kushner snapped. “They lie.””

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-covid-19-fate
Old 09-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #101
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
During a worldwide health pandemic does it not bother you Trump supporters he is bypassing the CDC to control a politically driven narrative? It’s bad enough he has been lying from the start when he knew how severe this was likely to be and now he is preventing the CDC from reviewing their own press releases. It is so irresponsible and frankly dangerous to erode any trust in any future vaccine, to contradict ALL the medical experts on the timeline for a safe rollout of the vaccine to the general public. Gee wiz what is the word I’m looking for where a leader on this globe controls the state news the citizens can see, the only difference is Trump hasn’t quite got control of the free news outlets but given time he will try.
are you drunk?
Old 09-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #102
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
are you drunk?
Don’t like the red cool aid like you, clouds your mind, numbs your thinking and blinds you to what’s happening
Old 09-18-2020, 08:01 AM   #103
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Don’t like the red cool aid like you, clouds your mind, numbs your thinking and blinds you to what’s happening
it was a simple question....
Old 09-18-2020, 08:16 AM   #104
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
it was a simple question....
He said cool aid, we were supposed to drink

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Oh, by the way
We’re now at 200K dead
And what’s the headline

Fools
Old 09-22-2020, 05:27 AM   #106
scottw

just for the record...the republican run state of California continues to lead the league in new cases and total cases...they must not be wearing masks there
Old 09-22-2020, 06:58 AM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump: "We’re doing better than Europe."

Average deaths per day over the last week:

Spain: 107
France: 53
Italy: 14

US: 799

And in case you didn’t understand, the President is the leader of the governing organization of all 50 states, responsible to the Constitution, not himself first and his party second.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:22 AM   #108
detbuch

Quote:
And in case you didn’t understand, the President is the leader of the governing organization of all 50 states, responsible to the Constitution, not himself first and his party second.
The Constitution doesn't make the President the "leader" of the federal government. It makes him the head ("leader") of the Executive Branch of the government. The President doesn't constitutionally "lead" Congress. The President implements and enforces the laws passed by Congress. The President doesn't make laws. Nor does the President "lead" the Supreme Court in its decisions.

You seem to have an innate Progressive concept of presidential power. But that is not our constitutional concept.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The Constitution doesn't make the President the "leader" of the federal government. It makes him the head ("leader") of the Executive Branch of the government. The President doesn't constitutionally "lead" Congress. The President implements and enforces the laws passed by Congress. The President doesn't make laws. Nor does the President "lead" the Supreme Court in its decisions.

You seem to have an innate Progressive concept of presidential power. But that is not our constitutional concept.
You better tell Tweety, his speech and actions don’t match your claims

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #110
detbuch

Quote:
You better tell Tweety, his speech and actions don’t match your claims
Your concept of the President as "leader" seems to agree with his speech and actions.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:45 AM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled

There have been great examples of Presidential leadership in history, 200K+ dead will be Tweety’s legacy.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
There have been great examples of Presidential leadership in history, 200K+ dead will be Tweety’s legacy.
For you that will be his legacy. For many others it will be his SC nominations.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:36 PM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Glad to hear you're excited about the SC.
Meanwhile in the world that most Americans live in............

The University of Washington coronavirus model cited by the White House on June 16th revised its estimate to 200,000 coronavirus deaths by October 1 in the United States.

This projection from mid-June was accurate nearly within a week.

The same model now projects 378,000 coronavirus deaths by January 1st.

A recent study from the University of Frankford in Germany showed abnormal heart findings in more than 75% of people studied who had recently recovered from COVID-19. A considerable majority of patients in the study were found to have had inflammation in the heart and muscle lining.

This can be troubling as inflammation in the heart can lead to long-lasting cardiac disease and failure.

“There’s a lot more that needs to be studied, but it’s important to know that there’s the possibility out there that a coronavirus infection could mean development of a serious heart condition,” says Dr. Jacobs.

But Tweety isn't worried about 205K nobodies, will you be one of the dead or one of the unlucky survivors? Longhauling isn't a joke.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-22-2020, 04:53 PM   #114
detbuch

Quote:
Glad to hear you're excited about the SC.
Meanwhile in the world that most Americans live in............

The University of Washington coronavirus model cited by the White House on June 16th revised its estimate to 200,000 coronavirus deaths by October 1 in the United States.

This projection from mid-June was accurate nearly within a week.

The same model now projects 378,000 coronavirus deaths by January 1st.

A recent study from the University of Frankford in Germany showed abnormal heart findings in more than 75% of people studied who had recently recovered from COVID-19. A considerable majority of patients in the study were found to have had inflammation in the heart and muscle lining.

This can be troubling as inflammation in the heart can lead to long-lasting cardiac disease and failure.

“There’s a lot more that needs to be studied, but it’s important to know that there’s the possibility out there that a coronavirus infection could mean development of a serious heart condition,” says Dr. Jacobs.

But Tweety isn't worried about 205K nobodies, will you be one of the dead or one of the unlucky survivors? Longhauling isn't a joke.
I don't think Biden can change any of that. Nor do I think, no matter how hard you try to convince us, that Trump is responsible for all of that. I think that since the Russia hoax, and phony impeachment, and tax recoreds, and sexual accusations, and racism, xenophobia, sexist, homophobe, NAZI, schticks didn't work, blaming Trump for covid deaths is the last desperate attempt to get him before the election.

And . . . there is that vote by mail thingy that might work.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

Ahh, the poor victim
Let’s see his taxes that have been being audited for how many years
Let’s see the unredacted Mueller report
An impeachment with evidence presented
The DNA that his rape accuser almost subpoenaed till Barr claimed libel is a presidential duty
Yea, he owns a lot of responsibility for COVID-19 deaths, but he and you are willing to blame anyone while taking no responsibility at all.
He’s the same barking carnival clown he’s always been.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #116
detbuch

Quote:
Ahh, the poor victim
Let’s see his taxes that have been being audited for how many years
Let’s see the unredacted Mueller report
An impeachment with evidence presented
The DNA that his rape accuser almost subpoenaed till Barr claimed libel is a presidential duty
Yea, he owns a lot of responsibility for COVID-19 deaths, but he and you are willing to blame anyone while taking no responsibility at all.
He’s the same barking carnival clown he’s always been.
Blah, blah, blah . . . and he's not poor.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:05 PM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Blah, blah, blah . . . and he's not poor.
Most mobbed up guys aren’t

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-22-2020, 08:13 PM   #118
detbuch

Quote:
Most mobbed up guys aren’t
Neither are Presidents and highly successful business men.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:57 PM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Not racist at all either
President Trump: "How about Omar of Minnesota? We're going to win the state Minnesota because of her, they say. She's telling us how to run our country. How did you do where you came from?"
Old 09-23-2020, 08:54 AM   #120
detbuch

Quote:
Not racist at all either
President Trump: "How about Omar of Minnesota? We're going to win the state Minnesota because of her, they say. She's telling us how to run our country. How did you do where you came from?"
If a woman moved from the U.S. to Germany, and Merkel asked her how she did where she came from, would that be racism?