Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #91
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

TERM LIMITS! This circus wouldn’t exist if we had term limits and then maybe just maybe in the words of JFK; they wouldn’t be seeking a democratic or republican answer but the right answer.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-28-2018, 07:40 AM   #92
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Says the party who wouldn't and blocked all attempt to seat Merrick Garland trying to take the high road it's laughable

He tainted himself in his opening statement with his conspiracy theory it he's victim of 'revenge on behalf of the Clintons or from pent up anger from Trumps election

the reason above is why they are blocking this and the midterms election now the GOP want to ram it thru before than

McConnell who seized the moment after the death of Scalia last February to announce there would be no confirmation hearings until after the election. "The next justice could fundamentally alter the direction of the Supreme Court and have a profound impact on our country," he said at the time. people have short memories

I guess I missed the part where Merrick Garland’s integrity and reputation were destroyed on national TV.

Other than that, it’s still not really the same thing
Old 09-28-2018, 08:00 AM   #93
DZ

Sheldon "Flatulence" Whitehouse

Thank you for keeping Rhode Island the laughing stock of the United States.

I'm continually embarrassed this guy lives in my neighborhood.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #94
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Says the party who wouldn't and blocked all attempt to seat Merrick Garland trying to take the high road it's laughable

He tainted himself in his opening statement with his conspiracy theory it he's victim of 'revenge on behalf of the Clintons or from pent up anger from Trumps election

the reason above is why they are blocking this and the midterms election now the GOP want to ram it thru before than

McConnell who seized the moment after the death of Scalia last February to announce there would be no confirmation hearings until after the election. "The next justice could fundamentally alter the direction of the Supreme Court and have a profound impact on our country," he said at the time. people have short memories
Like TDF said
Blocking tactics of Garland were not even close to the last 2 weeks of character assasination I have witnessed by the Left and you are OK with that because Trump.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #95
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Like TDF said
Blocking tactics of Garland were not even close to the last 2 weeks of character assasination I have witnessed by the Left and you are OK with that because Trump.
Gotta agree w/wdmso on this one.

Doesn't have anything to do w/Trump.

K sounds like he had a drinking problem back in HS and college (as many of us did) and kept bobbing and weaving when he was asked about it.

When asked about a 5 day delay to let the FBI open back up the background checks he looked like a deer in the headlights and refused to answer and kept stumbling around before saying "I'll do whatever the committee decides" when he knew Trump would never open up the investigation. To clear my name I'd want the FBI to take statements and if anyone lies let them go to jail (like Papadopolus and Flynn). W/o that there will always be talk about his assault.

His crying about Clinton and conspiracy theories was a joke and anyone with these crazy thoughts shouldn't on the court. How can he even pretend to rule fairly on a Dem now?

Too bad there aren't SCOTUS term limits.

Last edited by PaulS; 09-28-2018 at 08:37 AM..
Old 09-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #96
wdmso

Quote:
Like TDF said

Tactics are just that. bullets or bombs one is not more honorable than the other

not sure how the right can even complain about character assassination it's been in their play book for decades and used committed daily by Trump from an article

Trump has insulted over the last few years. He has insulted former President Obama with his birtherism charge. He has insulted Gold Star families. He has insulted the late honorable U.S. Sen. John McCain. He has insulted Bill and Hillary Clinton. He has insulted his fellow party members who sought the GOP nomination for President — Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush. He has insulted Mexicans, Muslims and women. He even insults and attacks his own Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. He has insulted both GOP leaders, Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, and Democratic members of Congress.

He even at one point insulted his Ambassador to the United Nations back when she stood up to remove Confederate statues, when he said, “The people of South Carolina are embarrassed by Nikki Haley.” He has attacked U.S. companies and corporation. He has insulted the leaders of our our allied countries. And, of course he has consistently attacked the “fake media.” none of based on truth if this isn't a form character assassination not sure what is

Again the right assumes those women are liars in a grand conspiracy

Do I think what happened in Highschool should have any bearing on his life's work.. no I do not

But please his party sowed the seeds and they served him up as a sacrificial lamb .. they though the Dem were going to lay down as always and they did not

and nationally 43 percent oppose, 38 percent support this was before all this drama .. hence the rush to push him thru before the midterms the GOP can't have both ways
Old 09-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #97
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
His crying about Clinton and conspiracy theories was a joke and anyone with these crazy thoughts shouldn't on the court. How can he even pretend to rule fairly on a Dem now?
This.

I was astonished with his partisan attacks and claiming conspiracy theories. As I said weeks ago, he's a plant. The Republicans refusal to investigate a credible accusation is quite telling.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #98
PaulS

Everyone knows it is the Bildeburgs and the illuminati that control everything.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #99
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This.

. As I said weeks ago, he's a plant.

no...Sheldon Whitehouse is a plant...or perhaps a vegetable...it's hard to tell...
Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #100
scottw

Quote:
Everyone knows it is the Bildeburgs and the illuminati that control everything.
are they Russian?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #101
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Most people react with emotion when falsely accused of a serious crime.

Not all accusers are correct in the recollection of who it was that harmed them.

case in point https://www.nbcnews.com/specials/the...homas-webb-iii

Term limits would be great Bob, get your Rep and Senators to back a bill to get this rolling, I fully support that and don't understand why it was not implemented when the term limits for POTUS was put in place.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:39 AM   #102
scottw

Quote:

Tactics are just that.
I'm rooting for the democrats to go even lower...I have complete confidence in them.....
Old 09-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #103
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

K sounds like he had a drinking problem back in HS and college (as many of us did) and kept bobbing and weaving when he was asked about it. .

here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=F0SwwyqhJMs

speaking of beer https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...-september-28/

enjoying something is not necessarily a problem, are you calling him an alcoholic?

And I suppose if you were in his shoes, you could perform much better in that job interview from hell.

Paul, none of us have any control of this sad situation but if this charade can be allowed it sets a bad precedent moving forward.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled

Term Limits
People could then make wise decisions not political ones
Remember 3 members of the Judiciary committee were in the same seats for Clarence Thomas 27 years ago
That is a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing long time ago

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #105
PaulS

Quote:
here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=F0SwwyqhJMs

speaking of beer https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...-september-28/

enjoying something is not necessarily a problem, are you calling him an alcoholic?
I don't know but he did seem to have a drinking problem back in hs and college. Reports of passing out and not remembering things.
And I suppose if you were in his shoes, you could perform much better in that job interview from hell.If I was in his shoes I would be screaming holy he=ll to have the FBI investigate and put everyone under oath. - Yet he refused to say he would do that when given numerous opportunities.

Paul, none of us have any control of this sad situation but if this charade can be allowed it sets a bad precedent moving forward.
So why was it a charade other than the committee refusing to call people to testify that could answer the various unanswered questions people have?
Old 09-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #106
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
So why was it a charade other than the committee refusing to call people to testify that could answer the various unanswered questions people have?

calculated sprung on them at last minute

had 2 months to have that done beforehand but that is how they play

more time, more questions, draw it out and will be same conclusion anyway

Old 09-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #107
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I don't think it is up to him to have the FBI get involved so why should he ask for more delays

the piling on with accusations is farcicle

His qualifications are more than adequate, I am sick of our government arguing among themselves and not getting work done to appoint people to jobs.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #108
PaulS

Quote:
calculated sprung on them at last minuteFord didn't want her name released.

had 2 months to have that done beforehand but that is how they play

more time, more questions, draw it out and will be same conclusion anyway
So why couldn't they wait 1 week?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #109
scottw

Quote:
quit whining
Old 09-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #110
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
quit whining
quit being a diick.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #111
PaulS

Quote:
I don't think it is up to him to have the FBI get involved so why should he ask for more delaysI don't believe he can force the FBI to investigate - only Pres. Trump can. But now he will forever be branded that he tried to rape someone. He could have cleared his name by requesting that Trump open up the investigatation but everytime he was asked to do so he dodged the question.

the piling on with accusations is farcicle How do we know what is true and what is not w/o an investigation?

His qualifications are more than adequate, I am sick of our government arguing among themselves and not getting work done to appoint people to jobs.

He may be qualified but being qualified doesn't mean you automatically get to be a justice.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #112
scottw

Quote:
He may be qualified but being qualified doesn't mean you automatically get to be a justice.
he's earned it after all the bs he's had to endure from the democraps
Old 09-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #113
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am aware of that

They can wait a week, it's not up to us, it is up to those on the panel so I guess it's their fight and the minority is clawing and scratching at desperation in case it's not plain to see.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #114
PaulS

Quote:
I am aware of that

They can wait a week, it's not up to us, it is up to those on the panel so I guess it's their fight and the minority is clawing and scratching at desperation in case it's not plain to see.
I guess the desperation is not wanting a rapist on the SCOTUS.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #115
Slipknot
Super Moderator

An investigation does not conclude the truth, it investigates

Old 09-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #116
scottw

Sheldon really swayed me yesterday...after his remarkable performance I've decided I'm definitely voting for him in November....he's really raised his stature and profile among the democrats and I want America to be able to see this maroon as one of the leading faces of the democrat party for as long as and as often as possible
Old 09-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #117
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

Oh so now he is a rapist?
Accused attempted rapist possibly if he is convicted, then yes

No, they are paranoid he will be a Trump puppet, Booker even said so
They are paranoid Roe vs Wade will get over-ruled as if it has not already been addressed, I don't get it.
That is the desperation

Old 09-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #118
scottw

Quote:
this is incredibly stupid
Old 09-28-2018, 12:25 PM   #119
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

a week of lunatic liberal media hype is a lifetime of career destruction, if they don't come up with Stormy Daniels lawyer spewing falsehoods of gang rape, they will find some other anonymous source to destroy him if given the chance.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:26 PM   #120
PaulS

Quote:
Oh so now he is a rapist?
Accused attempted rapist possibly if he is convicted, then yesshe accussed him of rape. He could have cleared it up by asking to have the FBI investigate but he repeatedly dodged the question. and as an added bonus to him, anyone who lied to the FBI could go to jail - like some of Trump's inner circle.

No, they are paranoid he will be a Trump puppet, Booker even said so
They are paranoid Roe vs Wade will get over-ruled as if it has not already been addressed, I don't get it.
That is the desperation
And for anyone to not request an independent (FBI) party to investigate is blinded by partisianship.