Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-14-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i presume, the answer is that once again, liberals believe they can pick and choose which laws they can just ignore, and for some reason they get away with it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim it is not the state’s responsibility to enforce federal law.. they don’t get paid by the federal government to do it so most states don’t..

So much for states Rights

And you have no idea what a sanctuary city even means outside your conservative indoctrinated meaning you think or believe that it refers to a city that doesn’t prosecute immigrants,

generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes

So in a nut shell illegal immigration is a misdemeanor And states won’t waste resources on non violent offenders

sanctuary cities see 15% less crime than non-sanctuary cities.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

Omg how could conservatives be lying to Their sheep

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings
Old 04-14-2022, 05:30 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim it is not the state’s responsibility to enforce federal law.. they don’t get paid by the federal government to do it so most states don’t..

And you have no idea what a sanctuary city even means outside your conservative indoctrinated meaning you think or believe that it refers to a city that doesn’t prosecute immigrants,

generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes

So in a nut shell illegal immigration is a misdemeanor And states won’t waste resources on non violent offenders

people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

i never came CLOSE to saying the states had the responsibility to enforce federal law. but it looks like blue states are going out of their way to violate federal
law, and that’s different. and the supremacy clause seems to say they can’t do that.

you’re saying states aren’t responsible for federal law, and i agree.

please tell me, then, why texans should have to spend $1 billion a year because the federal government chooses to have open borders, while liberals in MN and VT pay just about nothing. how is that fair to texans?

If citizens of Mass can reject federal
laws banning weed, why can’t i reject federal laws saying i must pay federal income tax? who gets to decide which of us can break federal laws,,and which of us can’t?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:34 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:

we dont know how many cross the border that we don’t catch. we have no idea.

point to one lie i told on this thread? just one.

then tell us which policy items you agree with republicans on, to show you’re no kool
aid drinker?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:44 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we dont know how many cross the border that we don’t catch. we have no idea.

point to one lie i told on this thread? just one.

then tell us which policy items you agree with republicans on, to show you’re no kool
aid drinker?

Who said you Lied ? And if you don’t know many cross how can you assume their is a problem?

Or maybe we’re catching more than we aren’t catching

But what about visa. Overstayer’s that’s ok because they likely aren’t brown?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who said you Lied ? And if you don’t know many cross how can you assume their is a problem?

Or maybe we’re catching more than we aren’t catching

But what about visa. Overstayer’s that’s ok because they likely aren’t brown?
you responded to my post and said republicans lie. what lie?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

you’re denying that illegals put stress in local communities ability or provide education, healthcare, housing, police and social
services.

no liberal policy has ever resulted in a problem! not once! right?

the border mess is going to get worse, interest rates are going to skyrocket, which at best will slow down the economy, at worst trigger a recession later this year.

the one thing he had going for him
was the economy, and that’s now very uncertain.

free advice, hoard cash and get back into the market when it blows up.