Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Palinguage

http://www.npr.org/blogs/visibleman/...peaking_1.html

Your Pocket Guide To Speaking Palinguage (Vol. 1)

Up in the Twin Cities, folks are speaking a new language. Or, should I say Palinguage. It sounds sorta familiar because it's Latin based. But different from the plain English we're used to speaking, in Palinguage recognizable words take on new meanings.

Won't you take a moment to learn some Palinguage? Here are some of my helpful tips, a version of which appeared here earlier today.

REPEAT THE FOLLOWING:

If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire."

If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."

If you live in an urban area and you get a girl pregnant you're a "baby daddy."

If you're the same in Alaska you're a "teen father." (Actually, according to your own MySpace page you're an F'n redneck that don't want any kids, but that's too long a phrase for the evil liberal media to take out of context and flog morning, noon and night.)

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America.

White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."

If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic."

Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, you're the quintessential "American story."

Similarly, if you name your kid Barack, you're "unpatriotic."

Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."

If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual, you're "reckless."

A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."

If you say that for the "first time in my adult lifetime I'm really proud of my country," it makes you "unfit" to be first lady.

If you are a registered member of a fringe political group that advocates secession, that makes you the governor's "first dude."

A DUI from 20 years ago is "old news."

A speech given without proper citation from 20 years ago is "relevant information."

And, finally, if you're a man and you decide to run for office despite your wife's recurrence of cancer, you're a "questionable spouse."

If you're a woman and you decide to run for office despite having five kids including a newborn... Well, we don't know what that is 'cause THAT'S NOT A FAIR QUESTION TO ASK.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

good to see we'll be focused on a different washinton, no more ploitics as usual, lets focus on the future

Obama May Bring Criminal Charges Against Bush

Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:15 AM

By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size

Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden said he and presidential hopeful Barack Obama could bring criminal charges against the Bush administration if they are elected in November.

“If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued,” Biden said during a campaign stop in Florida on Monday, ABC News reported.

“Not out of vengeance, not out of retribution. Out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president — no one is above the law.”

Biden promised that an Obama-Biden government would go through Bush administration data with "a fine-toothed comb" and pursue criminal charges if necessary.

Democrats in Congress have issued subpoenas this year to senior Bush administration aides as part of an investigation into the authorization of torture tactics at the detention center in Guantanamo Bay.

And Obama vowed in April that if elected, he would ask his attorney general to investigate Bush administration actions to see if “genuine crimes” have been committed.

He told the Philadelphia Daily News: “If crimes have been committed, they should be investigated.”

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
PaulS

Jimmy, I agree. Lets not bring up our gulag at gitmo and how Bush betrayed American values by promoting tourture.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Jimmy, I agree. Lets not bring up our gulag at gitmo and how Bush betrayed American values by promoting tourture.
Yea Jimmy, lets just completely do away with 200 years constitutional prohibitions & precedents
Old 09-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
Yea Jimmy, lets just completely do away with 200 years constitutional prohibitions & precedents
God, you act like those matter or something.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
buckman

Very clever Likwid, The taliking points from both parties in one thread. I'm amazed that you people are so protective of the Constitution. I'm as worried about the goverment growing to powerful and controlling every aspect of peoples lifes. That's what the elite left wants. Thats what you will get with Obama. If they are serious about bringing Bush up on charges then they are as crazy as Michael Moore. Likwid You said "God" You sound like the religous right,